The Book Thread

MarMar

I'm rereading Tom Clancy's Patriot Games, and I'm discovering how much I missed the first time. I'm also in the middle of Up Country by Nelson DeMille, which is intriguing but longer than it really needs to be.

Also, I just finished Notes From a Big Country by Bill Bryson. It was hilarious, especially the article "Your Tax-Form Explained." I'll post in in the LOL page.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twilight Series, by Stephenie Meyer. My god. I didn't understand what the fuss was about... but now I can't put them down! I love them! :wub:

totally agree =D they're are amazing! the first and third were the best i reckon

and they're turning it into a movie :D

I am reading change in heart by Jodi Picoult :D

I'm reading a Jodi Piccoult book too - My Sister's Keeper. And I'm totally on Anna's side.

I love that book so much! All of Picoult's books are amazing, though.

Jodi Picoult is an absolutley incredible writer, i have read all but one of her books, My Sisters Keeper, The Pact, and Keeping Faith were my top three, and theyr're turning MSK into a movie too :D:D with Cameron Diaz and Abigale Breslin OHMYGOSH i cant wait

The Twilight Series, by Stephenie Meyer. My god. I didn't understand what the fuss was about... but now I can't put them down! I love them! :wub:

totally agree =D they're are amazing! the first and third were the best i reckon

and they're turning it into a movie :D

I am reading change in heart by Jodi Picoult :D

I'm reading a Jodi Piccoult book too - My Sister's Keeper. And I'm totally on Anna's side.

I love that book so much! All of Picoult's books are amazing, though.

Jodi Picoult is an absolutley incredible writer, i have read all but one of her books, My Sisters Keeper, The Pact, and Keeping Faith were my top three, and theyr're turning MSK into a movie too :D:D with Cameron Diaz and Abigale Breslin OHMYGOSH i cant wait

Me either. I just hope it's worth it, because MSK is my second favourite. Salem Falls is my absolute favourite.

lmao :lol: That was the very Frist one I read. It was purely unintended aswell. I went to the library to use their internet (Ours was playing stupid) and I was browsing the books - not intending to get one - but I saw that and thought it sounded good. And then I read it and loved it and spent weeks trying to find The Pact, because it was advertised in the back of SF. But I ended up finding MSK instead, so I read that one. And after that I went on a trail and bought them all. :lol:

Unfortunately, the one of hers that I really want to read (Songs of The Humpback Whale), isn't out over here yet. :(

Songs Of The Humpback Whale?

Synopsis from Jodi's website:

Jane had always lived in somebody's shadow. Escaping a childhood of abuse by marrying oceanographer Oliver Jones, she finds herself taking second place to his increasingly successful career. However, when her daughter Rebecca is slighted, Jane's dramatic stand takes them all by surprise.

Leaving Oliver and his whale tapes behind in San Diego, Jane and Rebecca set out to drive across America to Uncle Joley and the sanctuary of the Massachusetts apple orchard where he works. Joley directs Jane across the United States in a series of letters waiting for her in designated post offices. Each letter gives concise directions to the next post office; each letter provides Jane with a chance to reflect on her forgotten past.

Oliver, used to tracking male humpback whales across vast oceans, now has the task of tracking his tantalizingly unpredictable wife across a continent. To do so he must learn to see the world-- and even himself-- through her eyes.

Songs of the Humpback Whale is a powerful and sensitive novel of family life that questions how songs are passed down from male speaker to male speaker, but also examines the female tradition of listening that women unconsciously pass on to their daughters.

I've been waiting for it since I first heard of Jodi. I'm impatient! lol.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be out yet anyway, because COH has only just come out over here. Although saying that SOH came out not long after NM and SG, so it could be any time. I just REALLY want SOTHW! lmao.

And I'm jealous that you're going to the US! Because you can totally get all of hers over there! :(:lol:

All of her books are out over here =D

and i got SF from my local library after school today, the lady at the counter was like 'oh thats such a fantastic book my daughter got it ... blah blah blah...' she just kept on going :D

SOTHW is really really really good too, probably should have been in my top three... <_<

Archived