The Plane Crash

Guest Hellboy

I just have to say this:

I think that is one of the best episodes of Neighbours there had ever been!

Big congratulations to all involved, all the actors, especially Jackie Woodburne (Susan) and Lara Sacher (Serena): they were fantastic. Good that they had a story to break it up and loved the scene where Stuart told Toadie/Timmins's about crash, it reminded me of the scene where the Lassiter's workers were told about Drew's death, it was a fantastic scene!

Considering how crap Neighbours has been lately, I think this was a fantastic episode, really looking forward to tomorrow's ep.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know they're not excellent in Australia, but staying at a steady 0.9-1.0 million. That's not great, but it's not exactly disasterous.

U.K will always have the biggest Neighbours fan base, we just love our good ol' Neighbours. :P

Im really surprised they didnt cut the crash in some way. Five definately would have cut the bit where she was on the mobile phoning home as it was too similar to september 11th.

they probably would have said it would be insensitive to some viewers.

Well done BBC! shame on 5 for stupid cuts.

I agree wholeheartidly with you Tulip. Apart from the Neighbours being crap bit. It's had an under-satisfactory, yes, but if everyone thought it was crap it wouldn't get 6 Milliom viewers a day in the U.K  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just thought it wasn't as good as it used to be. There's too much comedy and faffing around, or perhaps it's just compared to Home and Away!

But I did like the plane crash episode, it was good drama and I think all the actors deserve huge congratulations because it was amazing. Especially how Susan was yeling for Izzy to grab onto her, and Izzy rescuing Elle. I though that was really powerful, it just shows that in a crisis you will do anything and forget everything else, all past history. I have never been a situation like that and hopefully never will be, but I thought the actors portrayed it so well. Am looking forward to seeing some of the reactions, particularly Karl and Harold.

But where was Janae that whole episode? Bree, Janelle and Scott were at the police station but where on earth was Janae? I hope she will be in today's because if she isn't and like her brother is stranded in the middle of the ocean, I will just call it insensitive! :P

H & A must be doing quite well as it was nominated in the NTV awards for best soap. It didn't make it to the actual awards ceremony though.

Perhaps Neighbours is a bit more realistic.

Anyway, off to watch what's gonna happen after the plane crash.

H & A must be doing quite well as it was nominated in the NTV awards for best soap. It didn't make it to the actual awards ceremony though.

Perhaps Neighbours is a bit more realistic.

Anyway, off to watch what's gonna happen after the plane crash.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think both Neighbours and H&A were nominated in the NTV awards, but in different categories (Neighbours was, as I recall, in the Best Daytime with things like Doctors and Des and Mel, whilst H&A was in Best Soap with Corrie, EastEnders, etc.).

H&A ratings in the UK have always been consistently less than Neighbours, even when it was on ITV, but maybe scheduling has something to do with that?

Archived