New H&A DVD

Guest Dan F

Some people are never happy.A few months ago people here were saying they should make a series of dvd's romances,births,deaths,etc.Now that they are some people are complaining about it.As i said before if Noah is involed then i'm happy :D .Anyway that's just something i've noticed reading this thread.Hopefully next we'll get a disater one.That should have a bit more action :P

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are never happy.A few months ago people here were saying they should make a series of dvd's romances,births,deaths,etc.Now that they are some people are complaining about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not necessarily the same people. In all likelihood, not the same people.

I think a H&A dvd is always going to flop in the UK, because of the relatively small audience the show has here. Plus, I doubt the majority of the audience they *do* have are going to buy the dvd. I think the only way they could maybe get around this is to have a voting period on Five asking people to vote for their favourite h&a moments of all time, and then put the top one hundred on a DVD special, with the stars reminiscing about filming the scenes / storylines.

The problem with the romances one is that if people don't buy it, they probably won't release a 'villains' one, which I'd like to see.

I personally would be more likely to buy a DVD with actor interviews included than just clips. Lots of extras, definitely. And outtakes. :P

Exactly, plus UK viewers don't watch soaps for the romances, well not primarily anyway.

If they are releasing a series then that's GREAT. But my concern is that they are going to base whether or not to release any more on the success of the romances dvd. Because, like I said, it won't do that well.

Exactly, plus UK viewers don't watch soaps for the romances, well not primarily anyway.

If they are releasing a series then that's GREAT. But my concern is that they are going to base whether or not  to release any more on the success of the romances dvd. Because, like I said, it won't do that well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah,Ihave to say i hope they do a series of them and not JUST a romance one :)

I know I wouldn't buy it, whatever clips it showed.  I really hate small clips of all different stories, when you watch something like that it just seems confused.  I'd rather watch a whole story, maybe a follow-up, about something.  But that's just me and everyone has different tastes.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point - I'd probably prefer to watch a whole story too. But something feature-length. I bought Secrets and the City months after release for the Angie episode included on it - but I've never watched the 'previously unseen' one. It's still unseen. :lol:

One thing that would probably sell comparitively well if is they made spin-off movies on DVD... like a couple of hours long, following a particular character. One of KK after leaving Summer Bay would have undoubtedly sold well: them getting settled somewhere and having their baby, with some trauma or other along the way to keep it interesting. Or one showing Josie finding happiness somewhere else - with Angie flashbacks and some family backstory filled in. They could go beyond the 'G' rating or whatever, and really get behind the characters. As long as they chose popular characters and timed it right, I think those would sell.

That's where we differ, I love watching old clips and would happily watch a DVD full of H&A clips (just not romances!). Of course, I'd also love full episodes. But spin-off episodes, I'm not so keen on.. partly because you don't nkow until *after* you've forked out £15.99 whether or not you like the episode. But also because in my opinion they're usually rubbish. I'd rather watch classic episodes/clips till the cows come home (then the cows can watch it with me).

One thing that would probably sell comparitively well if is they made spin-off movies on DVD... like a couple of hours long, following a particular character. One of KK after leaving Summer Bay would have undoubtedly sold well: them getting settled somewhere and having their baby, with some trauma or other along the way to keep it interesting. Or one showing Josie finding happiness somewhere else - with Angie flashbacks and some family backstory filled in. They could go beyond the 'G' rating or whatever, and really get behind the characters. As long as they chose popular characters and timed it right, I think those would sell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, to me, that would be much much better then a stupid 'romances' clip show.

I wouldn't mind perhaps some clip shows of some of the biggest stories and dramas, maybe the stalker storyline on DVD, or Angie storyline on DVD.

That's where we differ, I love watching old clips and would happily watch a DVD full of H&A clips (just not romances!). Of course, I'd also love full episodes. But spin-off episodes, I'm not so keen on.. partly because you don't nkow until *after* you've forked out £15.99 whether or not you like the episode. But also because in my opinion they're usually rubbish. I'd rather watch classic episodes/clips till the cows come home (then the cows can watch it with me).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::lol: Ah, but if you don't like it, you take it back to the shop and say it won't play properly. And get your £15.99 or whatever back.

Archived