What was the worst retcon?

What was the worst retcon?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So all the  retcons have been pretty bad but which do you think was the worst?

Irene having a serial rapist son was over the top what was even his back story did they give a reason behind how he was? All all just weird only thing that kinda like that could of been interesting was the Billy VJ Irene connection. Had VJ and Billy stayed for awhile as little family unit could of given Irene little family and some purpose to her character outside of the diner but instead all we got was horrible custody battle. 

Martha I just never warmed up to it was horrible and now continue to dreadful now she left and Alf has a wife who never goes and see him. Again this had possibility give alf some purpose and life again but instead just ruined history of the show seem erase Alisa from history and just gives Alf a reason to go away. Roo having a brother could of given her something to do as well but instead he was just vilan of the month to never be seen again. Rather Martha been whole different character and new lost interest for Alf if anything 

Marilyn daughter is the rewrites that annoys me the least and if Heather had stayed as a new character she could of been really good for Marilyn character could still started the same way but build a bond over time really like the actress but no instead she becomes a insane killer who is never mentioned again. 

In theory all 3 of these had real potential to of given some under used characters new life but they all just handle horribly making the rewrites in history not worth it.

Going further back

Colleen being a Stewart never sat right with me I stopped watching not long after  (for other reasons) and didn't see it play out long term but I just never liked it

Colleen daughter happen when I was a kid so never thought much on it but another character vanish from existence and it just icky when you think she dated Alf who thanks to the retcon was her uncle

• Like 1

I have to say Marilyn having a daughter just for the sake of five minutes of drama. However I have noticed in the last few years storylines have got bit a over killed at times .

I like Colleen being a Stewart as it gave us the funniest episode ever with the town thinking Alf and Colleen were getting married .