Main Site Updates

Chris J

But I hope that you won't make more of them if you aren't able to do features about every character etc. Because that will be totally unfair to fans to those characters who won't get a feature. And it will probably lead to discussion about favourism etc... And there shouldn't be favourism on a board like this...

It's not favouritism if the fans are the ones making it....plus I assume that seeing as no-one queried it when characters such as Jai, Annie and Aden left why there wasn't to be a departure feature; it's probably because they weren't fussed either way. If we as Tachel fans are happy to put something together to remember two characters who were a huge part of the show then I don't understand why we can't.

Edited by charmed60

But I hope that you won't make more of them if you aren't able to do features about every character etc. Because that will be totally unfair to fans to those characters who won't get a feature. And it will probably lead to discussion about favourism etc... And there shouldn't be favourism on a board like this...

Are you for real? Sorry but this is a fan board, not high school. If the fans of Aden, Geoff, Jai etc wanted a feature why didn't they ask and/or attempt to do a little something themselves?

Tony and Rachel have been completely side lined and pretty much ignored for all their years on the show; we hardly got anything on the OS, no interviews, videos, pictures etc. All we want to do is make something to remember them by and celebrate their time on the show. I don't understand why we can't do it. This is supposed to be a fan board and surely if the fans are willing then there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm sorry but i do think this is really unfair.

The posts above this one are a perfect illustration of why staff have decided not to do any large departure features.

Apparently we have to do a departure feature on every single character who departs to avoid being accused of favoritism. Then I suppose if we make one slightly larger than another we will still be accused of favouritism.

There is absolutely nothing to stop to stop members using the existing Character/Actor/Discussion threads to discuss their favourite character moments and include screen caps and opinions if they choose. I took that option just as I have with Belle, Aden, Melody, Martha, Matty etc in the past.

Why don't other do that as well?

Edited by john003au

The post above this one are a perfect illustration of why staff have decided not to do any large departure features.

Apparently we have to do a departure feature on every single character who departs to avoid being accused of favoritism. Then I suppose if we make one slightly larger than another we will still be accused of favouritism.

There is absolutely nothing to stop to stop members using the existing Character/Actor/Discussion threads to discuss their favourite character moments and include screen caps and opinions if they choose. I took that option just as I have with Belle, Aden, Melody, Martha, Matty etc in the past.

Why don't other do that as well?

I didn't suggest you have to do a feature for every character so i don't understand how you came to that conclusion. That was jodlebirger. I didn't imply anything of the sort.

But John in all respect to you; we're not asking you to do a departure feature. We're asking if we can have the opportunity to make one ourselves...we've accepted you guys don't want to make one and understand it. I don't see how you will be accused of favouritism? It's never happened before when you've made the features; Ollie's one was smaller than Jack's and Belle's but no-one complained. We've been told you don't want to make a Tachel one at all and we haven't complained, we haven't accused you of favouritism because you made one for Jack, Lucas, Belle etc. We've just asked if we can make one ourselves? All because of one silly comment from jodelbirger, all the Tachel fans aren't allowed to make something to remember their favourite characters by?

The point is the character discussion threads are that; discussions. We wanted a place where collectively we could have a selection of artwork, links to Tachel fan fics etc. Eventually the Tachel character thread will disappear onto the back pages. All we're asking for is something easily accessible that holds all the Tony/Rachel/Tachel history of the show together.

To clarify, our decisions are not based on comments from any individuals, so please don't think that we're preventing you from doing anything because of anybody else.

Infact, we are not preventing you from doing anything at all. I wholeheartedly agree with you that the CAD section is not the place for any kind of 'feature' - either in the dicussion thread, or as a seperate thread. The reason for this being that we overhauled it a while back was so that it was generally a much neater board, and there weren't multiple threads on each character/pairing. If we allowed a thread of the nature you describe for that purpose, we would soon have to have a similar thread for other characters and pairings, and the board would no doubt get out of hand again. As for putting it on the main site, if we accepted it from you guys, we would have to accept submissions from everybody - and that simply isn't possible, as we like to maintain a certain standard on the site. I am not suggesting for a minute that you'll produce something sub-standard, but we (the staff) could find ourselves in a situation where we're receiving utter dross and have the awkward task of turning people away.

I would suggest the best way forward for you guys would be to take advantage of the multitude of free website creating sites out there. That way you could have complete control over your content, as well as creating the type of tribute you desire. You'd be more than welcome to link to the site in your signatures and on the board (in the appropriate threads) and it would mean you would also have a lot more freedom over what you include.

Incidentally, if you want a place on BTTB that links together the entrie history of the characters and the couple, then our character profiles provide a good reference point for these. I cannot promise that they're fully up to date at present, but we tend to update those on a six monthly basis.

I'm not talented enough to even know where to begin with making a website. I find it really unfair actually and I don't think anything that's been suggested comes anywhere close to what we were wanting from it. The character profiles as good as they are; don't have links to all the artwork and fan fics in one place and don't act as a tribute to them as it has no fan contribution; it's just a story of their time on the show. There's never been a backlash before when characters haven't been included in the departures so I really don't understand it.I'm sorry that you wont let us do something on behalf of them, I'm really, really disappointed. It's something I and I know a lot of other Tachel fans have been looking forward to doing since we found out they were leaving. I won't go on about it anymore as it's pretty clear there's not going to be any compromise. Just after the way the show's treated the Tachel fans it feels like the final stab in the back really.

Edited by charmed60

There's never been a backlash before when characters haven't been included in the departures so I really don't understand it.

Nor do I - there certainly hasn't been a backlash for the last few characters that have left, so I'm unsure as to why it's suddenly happening now, given that the lie of the land has been pretty clear for a while.

As for creating websites, might I suggest www.webs.com - it's a site that essentially does all the formatting for you, you just have to upload pictures and copy in text, couldn't be simpler!

In regards to how the show has treated the characters - well, that isn't really our fault. We are in no way affiliated with Seven, and our decisions are made entirely independently of what Seven might be up to.

The only other thing I could suggest is checking out the "Picspam" that was put together for Geoff and Aden, which is in the Multimedia Section I think. You'd be welcome to post up something like that in there I think, so long as it follows a similar template.

I'm not interested in creating a 'Tachel website' just so we can make a departing tribute for them. The idea was for it to be on this site as it's where all of the fans have spent our time discussing them, writing fan fics on them and posting their artwork. We weren't asking for a lot; just a chance for one page to put everything together.

And when I said backlash about other characters I was talking about the ones which weren't given departure features before you decided to stop making them based on a fear of bias. Perhaps the Jai, Annie and Aden fans weren't bothered either way by the absence of a departure feature hence why they didn't comment.

And finally in no way did I blame you for the way Tachel have been treated by the show; hence why I said 'the show.'