Do you like Martha?.

j.laur5

Do you like Mathura?.   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've grown to like her despite not liking the way she was written back in and have it **** on the established lore.

However, she needs to become a character in her own right, not a plot device for Alf or Roo! Maybe explore her condition, have her set up an art studio (shoot, rob the Helen Daniels template if they have to, just make her more interesting than she currently is)

I originally disliked the way she was written back, but what upset me even more was the wedding that felt rushed and could have seen numerous former cast members return.

Tbh I feel like TPTB should show her more as an individual charecter (although I guess it would be hard considering Belinda Giblin is only a semi regular). It would be great to have more insight on her borderline personality disorder. Love the idea of her having a art studio. I think it might also be fitting to see her as art teacher at Summer Bay High.

On 31/07/2020 at 08:17, EndlessSummer said:

I originally disliked the way she was written back, but what upset me even more was the wedding that felt rushed and could have seen numerous former cast members return.

Tbh I feel like TPTB should show her more as an individual charecter (although I guess it would be hard considering Belinda Giblin is only a semi regular). It would be great to have more insight on her borderline personality disorder. Love the idea of her having a art studio. I think it might also be fitting to see her as art teacher at Summer Bay High.

She could teach a TAFE Art Class for adults and older teens. It would be a great way of fleshing her out and would allow some other recurring characters.

• 1 month later...

I like her and think she balances Alf out well, but I think its hard to fully connect with her coming back when she's barely on-screen. I understand that the main reason they brought her back was to allow Ray to be part-time, but I also feel as though it makes it difficult to give her any storylines beyond 'ah, time for a break to go home and do some painting'.

I feel like she was much more interesting when she first came back, and they showed her struggling to deal with her mental health issues.

• 2 months later...

Never liked her.

I find it difficult to reconcile that Alf never mentioned or even gave a hint at any point in the past 30 years that she was alive.

I think the show would have been better off not introducing her and doing a retcon. I'd rather have seen Alf have a new love interest that wasn't on the show previously or had little to no links to the Bay before.

Archived