Home and Away hurt their legacy with recast actors to play other Characters

yaniv

23 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, VJ had already been in high school for three years before the recast (in the same year as Jett), and they actually had him repeat Year 12 to keep him in school longer.So hiring another actor or keeping Felix Dean on wouldn't have kept VJ in high school until now.

If VJ had never been SORASed then he would be .

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, c120701 said:

If VJ had never been SORASed then he would be .

If he'd never been SORASed, he'd be 18 and probably have just left school. While people tend to conflate the two, him being SORASed had nothing to do with Matt Little taking over the role: His VJ was the same age as Felix Dean's.

13 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

If he'd never been SORASed, he'd be 18 and probably have just left school. While people tend to conflate the two, him being SORASed had nothing to do with Matt Little taking over the role: His VJ was the same age as Felix Dean's.

I know. I thought he’d be 18 in year 12, but then I guess it depends whether his birth is December or January depending when the day of the finale was meant to be.

I think it was a mistake to recast VJ so early. They should have held onto him for another few years I think, perhaps around the time that her "family" started to leave. Sure, we wouldn't have had the Billie story, but that could have been easily run with someone else (Hunter maybe? Sparing us the on/off Hunter and Olivia dross)

On 31/12/2019 at 09:25, Homeandawayfan. said:

Alf was 45 in 1988, and 47 in 1995. Hope I age as slowly as that.

And then 60 in 2005 ?

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:37, c120701 said:

I know. I thought he’d be 18 in year 12, but then I guess it depends whether his birth is December or January depending when the day of the finale was meant to be.

Well, he celebrated his birthday in the finale the following year, in December, and the following season didn't carry straight on.

On 04/01/2020 at 09:59, Red Ranger 1 said:

To be fair, VJ was standing next to half a dozen other teenagers played by twenty-somethings, so he didn't look that out of place!

Yeah thats true lol. I do think some of the other twenty-somethings during his time were able to pull off teen better though - mostly Evie and Olivia.

Archived