Favorite natural disaster

project90

This is usually something Home and Away does well because it brings characters together and the disaster is traditionally not the story, it’s how the characters react or how they’re forced to speak to each other.

The 1997 Cyclone as stated above because of how it drew on the 1996 flood for Pippa with Justine and Don’s analysis.

Also, the 2006 - men lost at sea, because of that wonderful scene with Pippa & Sally (I think I may be confusing it with Dan’s death which was Pippa, Alf & Morag at Noah’s) at Noah’s(?) were Pippa says it would all be ok and Sally basically says it wasn’t when Tom died, nor when Michael died....

I loved the mirigini disaster too because they were all these characters we cared about that we’d got to see enough of before hand who were genuinely in danger.  They also dragged out the old guard being found long enough so that we still cared about the search towards the end.

Archived