All of Alf's childhood sweethearts

Sally Keating

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dan F said:

Well whilst it wasn't said directly, Quinn implied she was around 20 years old in 1995, which obviously places her birth around 1974/1975 and completely mucks up the timeline with Martha/Roo.

Thanks Dan

5 hours ago, Dan F said:

Possible of course, but from the way Alf talked about it I do believe it was intended to be pre-Martha (even if the age doesn't line up, which as I say wasn't 100% confirmed anyway). I mean they met at a dance whilst Alf was working behind the bar at the local (Summer Bay) pub, danced together and a relationship developed - when Mary's commanding officer found out she was seeing a local boy, and "that it was serious" she was shipped straight back to the states. He wrote to her for months and eventually got a letter to say she was marrying someone else.

To me it didn't sound like an illicit affair they were trying to keep under wraps, Alf genuinely thought they might have had a future (he wondered whether her disappearing could have been because she didn't want to live with him in Oz).

Yeah, wondered the same thing 

9 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

We also know that Alf served in the Vietnam war. I don't think it was ever said exactly which years, but it does mean that at some point in between all these relationships he was also out of the country for a year or more.

Leaving plenty of scope for him to have a Vietnamese child/grandchild turn up like Lou Carpenter did in Neighbours!!

Archived