Where are the super couples?

adam436

I wish that Shane and Angel were never separated by his death, but instead they both sailed off into the sunset in August 1996 to start a new life in London, England.

Doubt Angel will ever be back, unless recast, but maybe Shane Parrish Jnr could return to Oz to check out her place of birth and stay in Summer Bay. Never say never.

13 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Doubt Angel will ever be back, unless recast, but maybe Shane Parrish Jnr could return to Oz to check out her place of birth and stay in Summer Bay. Never say never.

Dylan and Shane Junior could be the next sibling family to arrive in the bay. They are at crappy share house age. Or they could kill off Angel off screen and they could come to scatter her ashes with Shane - her one true love...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree and given how popular the ''Shipping'' aspect is to tv these days I would have thought HAA would play to the power couple aspect now more then ever.I can't even remember the last time I saw a couple on the show and thought they might actually last.

• 7 months later...
On 22 June 2017 at 08:39, Angelica said:

Agreed. All this partner swapping is unnecessary. The other problem is that there is no build up to the couples getting together, so you can never really invest. One minute the characters have never shared a scene and then suddenly they are in love, and we are meant to buy it. Even couples that are currently together such as Kat/Ash and Olivia/Hunter are such on/off couples with little real depth, that I can't imagine them lasting much longer, and certainly couldn't imagine them only being separated by death (such as Shane/Angel or Belle/Aden or Sally/Flynn). They have tried to sell VJ/Billie and Matt/Evie as these forever couples, but while both had a potential, I feel they were never developed in a way that made me think of them as super couples. 

You're absolutely right, there is a lot of partner swapping recently in the show that to me really didn't make sense. The hope of super couples in the show now is sadly pessimistic, in my opinion. My favourite super couples are John and Marilyn, Dex and April and Brax and Ricky.  With these three you feel they belong together. On the other hand, there were a lot of couples that I thought were weird, unlikeable or just unnecessary, like Ash and Tori, Nate and Ricky, Matt and Maddy, Mason and Olivia,etc. Now while I didn't like the idea of Kyle and Pheobe together, they might have counted for a super couple because it did make sense because of their history. I like both VJ and Billie, but I didn't like the idea of them as a couple, because it felt so forced. Then there are couples like Ash and Kat, Casey and Denny, Kyle and Tamara, Pheobe and Justin, and Chris and Hannah that are some of  my favourite couples, but, as you said, lacked the development to be super couples. Matt and Evie, I think were a bit rushed in the end, but felt so much in depth they were so close to applying for being a super couple. 

• 11 months later...

I think the issue is, is that they think keeping couples together will be boring but don't think there's others ways to create drama.

That, or one of the actors wants to leave before the other and so they either have to kill them off or send them away/break them up, so they end up only dating for a short while.

I guess Romeo/Indi were the last couple like that even though they broke up so many times. Phoebe/Kyle I think could've been too.

23 hours ago, Lunar said:

I think the issue is, is that they think keeping couples together will be boring but don't think there's others ways to create drama.

Sure, but surely we can have one younger couple :lol:

Where's the Travis and Rebecca or Shane and Angel or Vinnie and Leah of today? 

4 hours ago, adam436 said:

Sure, but surely we can have one younger couple :lol:

Where's the Travis and Rebecca or Shane and Angel or Vinnie and Leah of today? 

I think so too! I feel like Raffy and Ryder could've been that couple if they hadn't put him with Coco first and made drama out of that. Or Ziggy and Brody if he didn't turn into a jerk. ?

Archived