Congratulations to Debra Lawrence (Pippa Ross) for winning a Logie!

Inactive.User

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

Debra Lawrance looks great with blonde hair, I wonder why she didn't dye it blonde when she took over from Vanessa Downing in 1990

She didn't want to?

I agree she does look good with blonde hair but her natural reddish brown hair colour was nice too so I don't blame her for keeping it.

2 hours ago, aussiesoapfan said:

Brilliant, she totally deserves it. Has anyone else seen this clip of her being interviewed afterwards?

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/video/watch/35136008/bts-logies-tv-buzz-home-and-aways-pippa-hints-at-a-character-return/

Such a lovely lady :)

Yes she speaks so fondly and respectfully of the show while politely saying she doesn't see herself returning. Interesting that 7 wanted to make Pippa look more glamarous and she fought to keep her kind of frumpy which is more realistic for such a character.

Pippa's daughter could make an appearance one day, that would be interesting.

20 minutes ago, beau_t said:

She didn't want to?

I agree she does look good with blonde hair but her natural reddish brown hair colour was nice too so I don't blame her for keeping it.

Yes she speaks so fondly and respectfully of the show while politely saying she doesn't see herself returning. Interesting that 7 wanted to make Pippa look more glamarous and she fought to keep her kind of frumpy which is more realistic for such a character.

Yes at least she has fond feelings for what help her career. and her honesty is welcomed.

Very well-deserved! Please Like Me is a national treasure of a show and I'm so please Debra and the series both won ^_^.

What's interesting to me about the all the nominations/winners this year is that the vast majority of the Best New Talent/Actor/Actress's came from series with shorter seasons. For example, Please Like Me only has 6 episodes in a series, compared to H&A which runs for most of the year. I definitely think the trend of favouring short-lived shows is going to continue. The era of being able to binge-watch-fall-in-love with shows has started, and I don't know if H&A can really compare with that in terms of popularity. Or at least, the popularity that wins these kinds of awards.

3 hours ago, Jen said:

Very well-deserved! Please Like Me is a national treasure of a show and I'm so please Debra and the series both won ^_^.

What's interesting to me about the all the nominations/winners this year is that the vast majority of the Best New Talent/Actor/Actress's came from series with shorter seasons. For example, Please Like Me only has 6 episodes in a series, compared to H&A which runs for most of the year. I definitely think the trend of favouring short-lived shows is going to continue. The era of being able to binge-watch-fall-in-love with shows has started, and I don't know if H&A can really compare with that in terms of popularity. Or at least, the popularity that wins these kinds of awards.

Yes however with such a short season its hard to see it end. The Same with others like Upper Middle Bogan and Lowdown a few years ago.

I agree with you yet both H&A and Neighbours will remain I think its easier to write and create better stories when you have only a small season.No wonder they have bad writing anymore on the long running shows.

On 2017-4-25 at 1:01 AM, beau_t said:

She didn't want to?

Yes her natural red was lovely. However if she ever came back for a visit/celebration Pippa would be blonde again. There would hopefully be a reference to the fact she is blonde again and why she suddenly changed hair colours all those years ago. (A comical reference to the recast) :)

3 hours ago, aussiesoapfan said:

Yes her natural red was lovely. However if she ever came back for a visit/celebration Pippa would be blonde again. There would hopefully be a reference to the fact she is blonde again and why she suddenly changed hair colours all those years ago. (A comical reference to the recast) :)

Actresses change hair color all the time for roles. NO problem there.

Archived