Finlay Roberts - Tina Thomsen

Skylover

Finlay was around for 3 years between 1991-1994 and I thought she was great. However I'm struggling to think what 'big' storylines she had during that time. She always seemed to be sidelined by the writers in favour of Sophie, who was the weaker link in my opinion. Fin didn't even have a defining relationship which is something H&A is known for, its relationships. I wasn't really a fan of her pairing with Blake, and felt she was never particularly suited to Haydn during their short courtship.

I'd love to see her return to see her mother with one (or some) of her kids.

Ah, Finlay. I remember having a considerable number Tina Thomsen posters on my bedroom wall, pulled out of Inside Soap, TV Hits, Fast Forward, Live & Kicking magazine, etc!

She was basically just a "nice" character, wasn't she? She was the "Tori" of the early 90s! :wub:

Such a great character with bags of potential I must admit watching the early years back she's certainly attractive, It's a shame we've not seen more of her in the years since she left especially with Irene still being a prominent character in the bay, I have to agree with the previous posts very under used in her time on the show I seem to remember her relationship with Hayden when he was scamming Pippa and Michael due to his gambling addiction other than that I barely remember story lines for her, other than the scuba diving accident with Blake from about 92/93 I believe.

She had the scuba diving near drowning, and also had a decent storyline when she was taking "uppers" during her HSC. I see really strong similarities between her and Spencer, who were brought in as part of a duo that were fostered, and then snubbed both family and relationship wise, as the writers used them to fill cast numbers.

7 hours ago, joany208121 said:

She had the scuba diving near drowning, and also had a decent storyline when she was taking "uppers" during her HSC. I see really strong similarities between her and Spencer, who were brought in as part of a duo that were fostered, and then snubbed both family and relationship wise, as the writers used them to fill cast numbers.

The 1990-1993 youngsters don't seem as strong as the 1994-1997 ones. But Finlay should have been used more, I imagine she had a lot of male fans.