Skylover

The last great era of Home and Away in my opinion.

Loved the first half of the year and the way all the stories intertwined.

The way Melody was introduced (and her character in general) was so reminiscent of early years storylines especially 1988.

Sam's warped storyline was wonderfully dark too.

It was a Year where at least 4 out of Every 5 eps were unmissable. I was Watching the next ep on FIVER (Now 5STAR) a lot. Shoot, I watched the double first look on the night of the channel's rebrand. I think 2008 was the year where the show actually grazed a million on First look (which ultimately harmed the main channel in the long run).

It was kind of the end of en era when you think about it

Sal, Cassie, Rick, Mattie, Lucas, Drew all left. Dan died off-screen. :(

But the start of a new one with Miles taking the helm at SBH and having his first foster child (Jai, who was subsequently forgotten about post-2009, Annie didn't even mention him when she came back!), Kirsty came home after 3yrs on the run, Morag stuck around. Sexy Nicole debuted :wub:, The Buckton women set up home. 

We still had dangerous villains but there were spaces between them.

This Anniversary Year was a lot better than the previous decade's (save for Robert vs the Nashes).

Archived