Driftwood

Ludub

4 hours ago, Kristen said:

Poor Maddy wonder who her secret admirer is my guess is Jett.

Thanks Kristen! :) you'll just have to wait and see! Nothing's ever plain sailing!

4 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Liked how you wrote the flashbacks so well

Thanks Jarlie! :) I couldn't resist giving you another glimpse of the past. I do like writing the flashbacks! Glad you're enjoying them!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was good to get a look at Alf's thought processes and see him trying to wake up to himself.Things could still be difficult for Matt and Roo though...So, Maddy's blind date: Aden or Jett? Or someone else entirely?Liked the little bit of interaction between her and Josh, we didn't see much of that in the show near the end.

7 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Liked the little bit of interaction between her and Josh, we didn't see much of that in the show near the end.

Thanks Red, I'm really glad you liked that bit. I was writing it and thinking how complicated soap life is. Josh has been with both Maddy and Evie, Maddy has been with both Matt and Josh. Now everyone is with different partners. Josh is blind, Maddy's had recurrent cancer, and Matt has spent four years stranded on an island. None of them have any parents worth talking about. Evie's the only one with a slightly less complicated life (although she was brought up in a cult, so...) Thought it would be nice to have them all just interacting as friends (four years down the line). I liked the engagement scene the show had with Josh, Evie, Maddy, and Matt (if it hadn't been overshadowed by the impending doom caused by Charlotte's death and the explosion). It was the last time we got to see everyone just being happy. Wanted to recreate a little bit of that, even if it wasn't a completely happy scene. Thanks for reading! :) x

Great chapter!

That flashback was great! Loved having a bit of insight into Roo and Matt's first contact with the real world (and Alf) after so long on the island. It was even apparent then that Matt and Roo were coping in different ways. And little Alfie, scared of Alf because he's only ever known Roo and Matt. Goes to show how resilient children are. And Alf, so soon after reuniting with Roo is already worrying about what people think!

Really liked how supportive Matt was of Roo. And that their baby is okay!...For now. It's going to be hard to keep stress-free.

Loved the scene with Matt, Maddy, Evie and Josh. Really nice interaction and I'm glad they all tried to cheer Maddy up. I'm betting on Aden at the moment, i think..

Looking forward to more! :) 

Archived