Actors who've appeared in 1000+ episodes

adam436

16 minutes ago, adam436 said:

Yes - that's what I meant. Actually appeared in 1000 episodes.

At this stage there isn't really anywhere where you could get accurate info on that. As you've already mentioned, IMDB is wildly inaccurate, with many actors being credited for episodes when they weren't even part of the main cast at the time.

One of our staff members has made a start on it though, at the moment I think there's full character stats for around 8-9 years worth of episodes which will eventually make it onto BTTB in one form or another - but obviously getting complete stats for the full 28 years is a monumental task, which may never be 100% complete given the availability of episodes.

I have notebooks that list all the cast for every episode since the beginning, including uncredited actors who actually spoke. I've only missed a handful of episodes over the years, I have the first decade or so totalled up but not the rest as of yet, haven't been spending as much time on that recently. I agree IMDB can be wildy misleading, some years are not even properly covered and as Dan says some main stars are credited for periods after/before they were in the series.

If anyone has any specific queries on particular episodes I'm glad to help if I can.

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2016 at 7:47 AM, jodlebirger said:

Many of those mentioned have been on the show for much more than 1000 episodes, more like 2500-6000; Sally, Alf, Irene, Leah, Fischer, Ailsa, Colleen and Marilyn. 

But many more have been there over a period with more than 1000 episodes. 

But some of the earlier characters were just in it for shorter periods over a long time, like Sam Marshall, and it doesn't look like that he reached 1000 eps. 

But it looks like Damien Roberts did, just had a quick overlook at the character page. 

And Haley reached over 1000 eps; from 2481-4100. Rebecca Cartwright portrayed her for the most of the times and I believe she reached over 1000 eps. 

Kirsty Sutherland Phillips also reached over 1000 episodes; 2856-2903 and 4651-4973. 

Tony Holden was in it for over 1000 episodes too; 4020-5138. 

And the same for Rachel Armstrong Holden 4108-5138 

Roo Stewart with Georgie Parker has been in it since 5195, so also reached the 1000 episode mark. 

And John Palmer has been there since episode 4820, so more than 1500 episodes ago. 

Jesse McGregor 1926-2760, 3341-4012. 

Morag is listed with a bunch of shorter periods on the character page, and it does't look that she has been in it for more than 1000 episodes, something that I thought was weird. - It seems like she was in it for much more in the mid 00's. 

Thanks to the character profiles for the info. 

Zac MacGuire is on his way to his character being around for 1000+ episodes

Phoebe Nicholson and Martin Ashford I predict will also reach that mark, they look likely to have years left of their characters

VJ Patterson has mean around for around 2000+ episodes, but not as Matt Little who has been around for roughly 500 episodes

On 31/10/2016 at 8:10 PM, CaptainTed84 said:

Zac MacGuire is on his way to his character being around for 1000+ episodes

Phoebe Nicholson and Martin Ashford I predict will also reach that mark, they look likely to have years left of their characters

VJ Patterson has mean around for around 2000+ episodes, but not as Matt Little who has been around for roughly 500 episodes

Zac MacGuire has appeared in 368 episodes
Phoebe Nicholson, in 290
Martin Ashford, in 227
VJ Patterson (Matt Little), in 193 (all as of tonight)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Zac MacGuire has appeared in 368 episodes
Phoebe Nicholson, in 290
Martin Ashford, in 227
VJ Patterson (Matt Little), in 193 (all as of tonight)

I meant that their characters have been around for close to 1000 episodes of the series. Zac first appeared in episode 5662, which is close to 1000 episodes ago

Archived