Would Home and Away benefit from having a backlot?

Perry

I don't how possible it is with literally no room at Everleigh but if they could secure a location on private property and film a facade of the diner and Surf Club and maybe even The Beach House or other character homes and literally make it appear that it is just off the beach, would the show benefit? I mean the show is filmed six months in advanced and character exits are always spoilt because people haven't seen them filming in a while or such and such character is wearing a pregnancy belly or whatever the reason, the show gets spoilt more so then other shows, so if they can film less at the beach and have a backlot sort of like Lassiter's on Neighbours would the show benefit? 

Yeah I like that idea I was pretty guttered with the explosion storyline no matter how much I tried to avoid spoilers of who died they were everywhere and it seems we pretty much know a few of the future story lines and what they entail due to this being filmed in and around palm beach. How possible it is to secure this I don't know im guessing this would be very costly and would also take away the feel of the show as the beach/surf club scenes are vital and i guess most characters film at some point down there so im guessing the spoilers would still be there one way or another.

You will always have to have beach scenes but at least if they reduce the amount of scenes done there it may reduce the spoilers and also it might make things a lot easier on the production as well

I would hate to see us lose the day to day use of the iconic outdoor  locations.  They are the heart and soul of Home and Away and give it the atmosphere we all  love.

Spoilers are an issue especially with major cast departures and storylines.  I do read spoilers, it's part of my job as a Moderator, but I still didn't know for certain who was going to die or in what manner that might happen.

I do wonder at times whether the "spoiler obsessed"members of this Forum get so carried away with their speculation and so convinced that they know what is going on that they sew as much confusion as real knowledge.:P

Didn't i hear years ago they were going to make a replica of the Summer Bay house cause the real one got burnt down. I think this was during the Welsh years? Perhaps i'm remembering incorrectly.

On 5/9/2016 at 4:42 PM, dee123 said:

Didn't i hear years ago they were going to make a replica of the Summer Bay house cause the real one got burnt down. I think this was during the Welsh years? Perhaps i'm remembering incorrectly.

Yes it was something they mentioned officially early in 2010. They said they were looking for a suitable location to build a replica of the house, but it never happened.

The real location was rebuilt around 2009 as far as I remember, but it took until 2015 before they started using it as a location again.

Archived