Isla Schultz - Samantha Jade

6 hours ago, BraxandCharlie4Ever said:

I admit she can act, but I did not like Isla at all. Just didn't like her. 

Why they made the character so repugnant is beyond me. Or perhaps they didn't see the character like that. Which would explain a lot imo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dee123 said:

Why they made the character so repugnant is beyond me. Or perhaps they didn't see the character like that. Which would explain a lot imo...

I don't know what they saw the character as, but so frustratingly annoying is one thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dee123 said:

I ask myself that a lot seeing other shows treat actors the same. I put the blame on both the writers and actor. I do know one actor had issues and I have a theory they didn't care how they were written which ruined this character. This may be that as well .

• Like 1

I wonder if maybe people are missing the point here. Is it really a case of those who make the show badly misjudging how the audience would perceive the character and the storyline? Or is it the audience misjudging how they were meant to perceive the character and the storyline? Were we really meant to be cheering that Kyle went to jail to protect her? Or are we meant to think that Kyle made the wrong call and paid the price? It does feel like a lot of recent storylines have been trying to deconstruct elements of the current show and demonstrate how they'd really play out.Maybe Isla really was meant to be the way Samantha played her, someone not 100% bad but totally screwed up and not going to suddenly turn into a model citizen just because Kyle took her under his wing.I don't think it's a coincidence that all the way through people like Ricky were telling him "Stay out of it, you can't help her, you're just going to get yourself into trouble" and he didn't listen, pushing ahead expecting a happy ending, and in the end they were right and he was wrong.

Yes I think a lot of people want a happy ending with characters yet real life interferes.

This is a SPOLIER I had a few years ago with a source after a character left a series....I was told they were glad to leave and I replied "I don't blame her they destroyed her storyline" and they claimed the actor had no problem with the writing as they didn't want to be part of the show as they had to deal with the fan base both good and bad........why they never came back having loathe their short time on the series much like Melissa George yet that actor wont say it in public.

So Time will tell how it affects H&A

I really like Jai Waetford in Neighbours too. I guess both of them will end up focusing on their music careers though. Someone else suggested Samantha could have played Madison Robinson in Neighbours and I agree, apart from Samantha is older than Madison.

We will need some more females when Hannah and Ricky leave.

Edward yes many stars who have both talents hope that their music fans will take a look at their acting and also they hope the fans of the show or character fans will listen to their hits. A win both ways hopefully. I think many would love to see more Kylies.