Dan Ewing: 'I'd return to Home and Away for the right storyline'

Perry

Could Heath Braxton be heading back to Palm Beach?

Dan Ewing broke a few hearts when he left Home and Away last year, but he's hinted that he'd return to the soap if the right storyline came along.

The Heath Braxton actor is starring in upcoming spin-off Home and Away: An Eye for an Eye, but could he make a permanent comeback on the show?

"I'd definitely be open to a discussion about coming back, I have to say," he told news.com.au.

"If the storyline was there, I would. I wouldn't want to play the same old Heath for another three years though — I'd want it to be fresh and him to have evolved."

Lisa Gormley - who played Ewing's on-screen lover Bianca Scott - also said that she'd like to return to the show.

"I would, but maybe not for another little while because I've still got things I want to try," she said.

"I've done a lot of things that were on my list — I'm slowly ticking them off."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a776382/dan-ewing-id-return-to-home-and-away-for-the-right-storyline/

In all honesty I loved Heath and Dan while on the show but I think the time for him to return has passed, I mean it's been mentioned above there were plenty of chances for a return and a return at that time would of been great, but now I fail to see what he'd do without his original brothers on the show, for me making him return now would be to re write the character there would be no river boys, no crime, no fighting scenes, I really fail to see what they could get him to do the old Heath was great in those scenes, I know they led his character down a good path towards the end with him getting the girl and his kids and making a fresh start I think that was all well and good then but to see Heath like that in a longer role would be pointless, a few quest role's that I'd be happy with, maybe he could kind of take on the roll of Brax and look out for Kyle, Ricky and the baby, there's also Ash I think that would work on a guest role every now and then where he returns to sort out the problems/trouble.

Yeah, I agree with Gazza. I personally like the Braxtons (I know some people absolutely hate them, and that's fine, but opinions :)), but even though I like them, I still think Heath has run his course. He changed, became a family man, I don't see a need for him to return when he's living with his family in the city. It would seem unnecessary, and just for the sake of having him in the show. So I'd prefer he doesn't return. Guest roles I'm fine with though.

Heath was my favourite Braxton but I don't really see anything for him in Summer Bay anymore.The show is moving forward from that era and Dan said he'd want the character to have grown but I'm not sure how.

As for Dan, I think I read in TV WEEK or something that his father died recently so he and his wife have decided to stick closer to home for awhile to be with their families.I don't particularly like him, he comes across as a bit of an arrogant sook on twitter but still, a death in the family is a pretty solid reason for not wanting to be overseas currently.

Could be a great opportunity to bring in a "traditional" mum, dad, and two kids family into the bay. Heath already had a young daughter who he had interesting interactions with. She'd be a teenager now, and I'm sure they could age up the baby to say 7 or 8 - annoying little brother stage to get under the older girl's skin. I know we'd all complain about the time frames but after VJ... :unsure: ... I think it could work nicely :) 

Yeah, I'm not keen on seeing a return to his "bad boy" character, because I agree, that has run it's course, but if he could come back as a mature, responsible adult with a family to take care of, and maybe with something to prove about how he is not like he used to be, then I think it could be good. 

No, no! No more returns from the Braxons, their time has gone! 

It's time to look forward! - And - there are dozens of other characters they rather could or should bring back, characters that didn't got the departure they needed or deserved..... If they bring back Heath now, it will only destroy his good departure. We have seen far too many examples with character who departed with a happy ending and returned to the bay just to be destroyed. Give the characters with a bad or undeserved bad ending a new chance, not destroy the good departures. 

And there are a lot of others that have said they want to return to bay.... and we haven't seen them.... 

Archived