Home and Away star Charlie Clausen says stage actors wrong to snub soa

Perry

Charlie Clausen from Home and Away.

HOME And Away star Charlie Clausen says he has encountered snobbery from his thespian peers about acting in a soap opera.

Clausen, who stars as Zac Maguire, told Confidential: Its that cultural cringe Australians have, where they think soap operas are only there to launch pop stars.

I was probably as victim of that attitude, too, where you think of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. It all seems very shiny.

When I was younger there was a lot more snobbery about it, but weve seen what happened with (former Home And Away stars) Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten.

Hemsworth left Summer Bay to become a movie star in blockbusters such as Thor.

Kwanten ended up in bloodsucking territory in the US vampire hit, True Blood.

I actually think its a plum job where you get to work that muscle. Youll do romantic comedy for three weeks, then action drama, then something else. You try all these different things, Clausen, 37, said.

If I was a young actor coming in now, I would jump at the chance to be in Home And Away because youre getting the best the industry has to offer.

Clausens past television roles include McLeods Daughters and Blue Heelers.

Source: http://m.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/home-and-away-star-charlie-clausen-says-stage-actors-wrong-to-snub-soap-operas/story-fnn7ma1h-1227377049733

I think it would be awesome to get a role in a soap or drama series. It would be a steady pay check to have weekly, and you would get to play many different roles within your character's different storylines, and you would improve on your acting skills all the time while you were in the show.

I would perfer that more than hoping to get movie work

Archived