Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Homeandawayfan.

Alison Patterson - Kathryn Ridley

Recommended Posts

I think this great guest character deserves her own thread. She should have been made a regular. Alison appeared from 19 Feb 1988 to February 1989 and was quite bitchy. I think her appearances became more frequent in the second half of 1988. I think Emma Jackson, Hannah Wilson and Sasha Bezmel remind me of Alison in looks.

 

I love watching the catfights between Alison and Bobby.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She still has a blood relative in the show in VJ as Alison was later revealed to be Vinnie's cousin...though you probably know all this already.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id love to see Alison back especially as its been a while itd be nice to see what shes been up to since leaving, and especially with VJ being in the show it gives a reason for her coming back, she was one of the great guest characters of the time. I can imagine an older version of Alison to not of changed a lot and still be a bitchy trouble causer, I can imagine her and Leah to clash a lot and maybe Alison would lead VJ astray.

Edited by Gazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 21, 2015 at 08:48, Homeandawayfan. said:

I think this great guest character deserves her own thread. She should have been made a regular. Alison appeared from 19 Feb 1988 to February 1989 and was quite bitchy. I think her appearances became more frequent in the second half of 1988. I think Emma Jackson, Hannah Wilson and Sasha Bezmel remind me of Alison in looks.

 

I love watching the catfights between Alison and Bobby.

Allison had some great moments in Home and Away 😂😂 I agree, she should've been a regular. 

Would love to see her back at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She was very much the Sue Parker prototype from Neighbours - both recurring teenage bitch characters in the early years of their respective shows. Interestingly Neighbours brought back the character of Sue a few years ago for a couple of guest stints, played by the original actress too. Unfortunately TPTB at H&A have zero respect for legacy characters or the history of the show, and haven't since around 2008.

Along with being Vinnie's cousin, I think Alison's aunty was also Sally's first primary school teacher. Has this been confirmed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin Dibble? said:

She was very much the Sue Parker prototype from Neighbours - both recurring teenage bitch characters in the early years of their respective shows. Interestingly Neighbours brought back the character of Sue a few years ago for a couple of guest stints, played by the original actress too. Unfortunately TPTB at H&A have zero respect for legacy characters or the history of the show, and haven't since around 2008.

Along with being Vinnie's cousin, I think Alison's aunty was also Sally's first primary school teacher. Has this been confirmed?

History is just messy anyway its better to just leave it as normally just makes history get more messy anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

History is just messy anyway its better to just leave it as normally just makes history get more messy anyway. 

Huh? So never bring a former character back because history is messy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Martin Dibble? said:

Huh? So never bring a former character back because history is messy?

I just mean that so often when a character comes back on a soap they are either written nothing like they were before or their character's history is rewritten. 

Other than Alison being a school mate of Roo I don’t see any reason for her to return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, fair enough, makes sense. A lot of characters do get destroyed by writers who have no proper understanding of them. Neighbours generally does things very well where this is concerned, and as long as Bevan Lee was at the helm H&A would do it well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.