A Perfect Match

Guest Danni02

Thanks for the comments.

Eighty-one

Ruby and Dex were sitting in the field just at the back of the farmhouse. “So you’re mum’s home?” Dex questioned as he opened the can of pop.

“Yeah,” Ruby nodded. “She got home yesterday evening.” Ruby took some chips from the packet, bringing one up to her mouth.

“So the baby is okay?” Dex questioned.

Ruby shrugged. “Only time will tell,” Ruby ate some more of the chips. “But hopefully, yeah. I think if mum lost the baby that would be the end for her and Brax.”

“Really?” Dex raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Mmm,” Ruby pursed her lips. “She’s not about to forgive him for leaving her when she asked him to stay,” Ruby exhaled. “And I get it. I get she’s hurt and feels let down by him but I....she....they were just made to be together and I hope she remembers that.”

“Ah she loves him way too much to end things,” Dex wrapped his arm around Ruby and she rested her head on his shoulder. Dex kissed her head as he rubbed her arm. “They’ll be fine. Don’t you start worrying.”

“You know I already am,” Ruby mumbled. “It would crush Daniel. He thinks the world of Brax.”

“I’m sure whatever did happen with your mum and Brax she wouldn’t stop him from being in Daniel’s life,” Dex said. “He’s a great father for him.”

“Yeah,” Ruby still sounded worried. “You’d totally choose me over going to see Indi, right?” Ruby pulled away from his grasp and looked him in the eye.

“Of course,” Dex answered. “I would choose you over anyone baby.” Dex grinned before leaning down and softly kissing her lips. Ruby smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen as she wrapped her arms around his neck. They lay down on the blanket, Ruby pulling at the rim of Dex’s shorts as Dex’s hand slid up Ruby’s thigh and under her skirt as the kiss only continued to intensify.

Daniel climbed up onto the couch, sitting as close to Charlie as possible without actually sitting on her knee. He put his hand on her stomach, rubbing it ever so gently. “Please don’t get lost baby,” Daniel whispered, bringing his head down to her stomach. “I want to be your big brother and we can play and I’ll share everything even my Flash toys with you.”

“You really going to share your Flash toys?” Charlie felt a little emotional at her son’s words. Daniel looked up to Charlie and gave a little nod.

“I don’t want her to get lost,” Daniel pouted. “I’ll give her anything she wants if she stays.”

“Aww sweetheart,” Charlie pulled Daniel into a hug, rubbing his arm as she heard him start to cry. “You are going to be a big brother, I promise you that, okay?”

“To this baby?” Daniel rubbed her stomach again. “Only to this one, okay mummy?”

“I really hope so bud,” Charlie mumbled as the door opened and Brax walked back into the apartment. “But let’s not get upset. We’ll keep happy thoughts huh?” Charlie rubbed Daniel’s head and Daniel gave a little nod. “Go get ready to go to the park.” Charlie instructed and Daniel jumped down from the couch looking around to Brax who was leaning his surfboard up against the wall.

“Can you come to the park daddy?” Daniel questioned.

Brax looked to Charlie, who was looking around to him. “Can I?” Brax questioned, rubbing the back of his head.

Charlie pursed her lips, giving a little nod. “Yey,” Daniel squealed. “I’m going to bring the ball so we can play okay daddy?”

“Sure buddy.” Brax smiled before Daniel ran down to his bedroom. He looked back to Charlie before walking over to the couch and sitting down next to her. He opened his mouth to talk again but Charlie spoke over him.

“You let me down,” Charlie told him, looking down as she rolled her engagement ring around her finger. “I thought when I met you that I’d found the person who was always going to be there for me no matter what,” Charlie took a deep breath, her eyes starting to sting with tears. “But you know who I saw when Grant was forcing me down that pier to the boat?” Charlie questioned and Brax pursed his lips, his head shaking in response. “A stranger,” Charlie exhaled. “A stranger was shouting at him to stop. A stranger was coming to my rescue. Not my fiancé but a stranger,” Charlie raised her voice. “That same stranger I’ve been told held Grant down until the cops arrived before coming to the hospital to see if I was okay.”

Brax bowed his head a little. “I’m sorry, Charlie. Like I’ve been telling you, I made the wrong choice. Everyone has done that at one point in their lives.”

“My first fiancé chose his job over me,” Charlie spoke quietly, continuing to play with her engagement ring. “I’m not going to come second best again,” Charlie looked back up to Brax. “If you want me, the kids, the baby....” Charlie trailed off. “Then we have to be your number one priority.”

“And you are,” Brax moved a little closer to her on the couch and took hold of her hands. “But my brother is also very important to me. He was hurt. At the moment I felt Grant was only....he was only a threat.”

“Only a threat,” Charlie sniggered as she shook her head. “You’d think only a threat would be enough to keep you here especially when I am carrying your child.” Charlie seethed.

“Mummy,” Daniel ran down the hall, his soccer ball in his hands. “I’m ready.” Daniel grinned down at his parents.

“Let’s get going then.” Charlie stood up from the couch and made her way to the door, Daniel following after her.

“C’mon daddy.” Daniel shouted back to Brax.

“I’m coming mate.” Brax stood up from the couch, exhaling lightly as he shared a glance with Charlie before walking over, the three of them leaving the house to go to the park.

April walked into the living room, having just put Finn down in her bedroom for a nap. She gave a little laugh as she looked at Kaya who was dancing around the kitchen to the radio as Demi Lovato’s version of ‘Let It Go’ was playing on the radio. “You like this song Kaya?” April questioned.

“Yeah,” Kaya nodded as she continued to dance. “But she no as good as my Katy.”

April gave a little laugh. “You and Katy Perry,” April glanced further into the kitchen where Bianca was making a cake. “You not helping mummy bake?”

“I is,” Kaya answered. “I just dancing for now.”

“I see,” April walked into the kitchen and took a handful of maltesers from the bowl. “Ouch,” April shook her hand as Bianca’s slapped it. “What was that for?”

“They are for the cake.” Bianca told her.

“I took like 3.” April mumbled before quickly putting them into her mouth before Bianca could grab them from her.

“April,” Kaya looked up to her auntie, her dancing over as the song was finished. “Is James here?”

“Nope,” April shook her head. “He’s gone to see his grandma.”

“Was he here in the morning?” Kaya scrunched her face up. “I didn’t see him.”

“Uhm,” April pursed her lips. “Yeah he was here for a bit,” April looked to Bianca who was raising her eyebrows at her sister. “What?” April mouthed. “It’s not like we are doing anything wrong.”

“Just as long as you are safe.” Bianca whispered and April nodded lightly.

“And I’m going to see about my birth control options,” April told her sister, knowing it was going to come up anyways. “Finn is still my one and only.”

“Well I am glad you are being sensible,” Bianca smiled at her. “Now, how about you help us make the cake?” Bianca questioned and April nodded, lifting Kaya back up on the chair, the three of them baking together.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you CharlieAndBraxLover and Spotd1 for the comments.

Eighty-two

Charlie hung her uniform on the front of the wardrobe. “What you doing with that?” Brax questioned.

“Getting it ready for work tomorrow.” Charlie answered.

“You are going to work?” Brax scrunched his face. “Won’t work stress you out?” Brax questioned. “You’re not supposed to be stressed out.”

“You are stressing me out,” Charlie muttered as she walked over to the bedside table and picked up her hand cream, opening the lid and squeezing some onto the palm of her hand before rubbing it in. “Brax I’m supposed to carry on as normal and that includes me going to work.”

“Hmm,” Brax didn’t like the sound of Charlie working right now. “And when do we...like how do we know if the baby is going to be okay?”

“We go for a scan on Friday,” Charlie pulled back the covers and slid into the bed. “Unless I bleed or have cramps beforehand I need to go to the hospital.”

“And you feel okay?” Brax questioned. “You’re not bleeding or cramping?” Brax walked over to his side of the bed and slid under the covers.

“Clearly not otherwise I would go to the hospital,” Charlie retorted as she got herself comfy. “I felt a bit sick this morning so I guess that’s a good thing, right?”

“Uhm,” Brax gave a little shrug. “I don’t really know much about being pregnant so...”

“Maybe you could read those pregnancy books you bought,” Charlie mumbled. “Always said you wanted to understand more of what I’d go through.”

“I did,” Brax nodded. “I do,” Brax corrected. “I’ll read the books. Bit of bed time reading.” Brax gave a little laugh.

“Yeah,” Charlie said. “Not like we are going to be doing anything else in bed for a while.” Charlie muttered as she lay down and turned to the side, her back facing Brax. Brax sighed sadly as he picked up the book that was already sitting on the bedside table.

“I’ll read ‘The Big Book of Baby Names’ tonight.” Brax read the title out loud.

“Yeah because that’s the one you need to start with.” Charlie mumbled.

“You don’t need to be snarky with me,” Brax sighed. “I’m well aware you are more than mad with me.” Brax hated that he’d upset Charlie so much and even more so hated that he didn’t know what else to do to prove himself to her.

“So would you rather I went back to not talking to you?” Charlie questioned. “Because that can easily be done.”

“I rather you forgave me,” Brax retorted. “You’ve made it clear that you are mad and you had every right to be but maybe now, it’s time to make peace,” Brax put the book down and shuffled a little closer to Charlie. “Baby please, I hate this,” Brax put his hand on her shoulder, rubbing it a little. “Let’s just move on, hmmm.”

Charlie turned around and stared up at him for a moment, looking into his soft caring eyes. She could see the love he had for her, see how sorry he truly was, but there was still something stopping her from putting this in the past. “I just don’t feel like you’ve proved you are here for us 100 per cent. Saying it is one thing but proving it...” Charlie trailed off. She reached for her side light and switched it off before lying down, turning around in the bed so her back was facing Brax again. Brax watched her for a moment before he leaned to the side and switched off his side light and lay down to sleep.

James and April walked into the hospital room, Finn being held in the baby carrier. “Hey grams,” James leaned down and kissed her cheek. “How you feeling?” James rubbed her arm as he sat down on the chair.

“I’m fine,” Olive answered, glancing at April and seeing she was taking Finn from the baby carrier. “Oh you brought the little one.” Olive smiled as she stared at the baby.

“You want to hold him?” April questioned and Olive nodded. April smiled at her as she put Finn into her arms. Finn stared up at Olive, his big brown eyes going a wide as he took in the new face.

“Well aren’t you precious,” Olive cooed. “What a handsome little bubba.”

“Thanks.” April sat down on James’ knee, James wrapping his arm around her waist.

“Aw aren’t you a happy little thing.” Olive cooed down at Finn.

“Not always,” April laughed. “He can be a little cranky pants,” April said. “Can’t you bud.” April leaned forward and rubbed her son’s hand, Finn babbling in response.

“I don’t believe it.” Olive cooed as she tickled Finn’s chin, Finn giggling in result.

“What time is your op again?” James questioned, April hearing the nerves in his voice.

“They’ll be here to take me down in about a half hour,” Olive answered. “And don’t you look so worried so Jay-bug. Old grams will be fine.”

“Mmm.” James took a deep breath.

“Hmm I’ve got this little bug to come back for now too,” Olive smiled down at Finn again. “Aww it’s been so long since I’ve been around a baby,” Olive said. “James here is my only grandchild. And his mother was my only child. We’re not too big a family,” Olive told her. “How about you? You got a big family?”

“Not really,” April shook her head. “It’s just my sister and her daughter, Finn and I.” April exhaled. “My dad is in France and I haven’t seen or spoken to him since I was about 10,” April pursed her lips. “My mum...she’s in Germany. Moved there about 4 years ago and I’d really talk much to her either.”

“I’m sorry love,” Olive said. “You’re still young. You’re parents should be there for you.”

“My sister is there,” April smiled as she thought about Bianca and all she had done for her. “She’s amazing and she’s all I need.”

“And what about Finn’s father?” Olive questioned. “He not around either?”

April shook her head. “But I guess biology doesn’t make a man a father,” April exhaled. “It’s who raises the child.” April glanced at James, giving him a smile, before looking back to Olive.

Olive smiled at April. “I agree,” Olive said. “Well you know you and little bug are always welcome at our place. I’m surprised James hasn’t had you around yet.”

“I just figured with Finn she’d be more comfortable at her own place.” James shrugged.

“Well that’s just nonsense,” Olive said. “I’m sure we can cope with a baby at our house. April dear when I am out of this godforsaken place you are to come around to for dinner. And bring the little big, yes?”

“I’d love that,” April smiled before looking around to James. “If you want to do that?”

“Yeah,” James nodded. “Of course.”

“Well that’s it settled,” Olive smiled before looking back to Finn, cooing at him again. April looked back to James and they shared a smile as James tucked her hair behind her ear, April feeling so lucky to have found such a lovely family who hadn’t only welcomed her into their lives, but little Finn too.

Thanks for the comments.

Eighty-three

April walked out of the room and down the corridor, seeing James waiting on her with Finn in his arms. “Hey.” April smiled down at her boyfriend as he stood up to greet her.

“You get on okay?” James wondered as they made their way down to the hall to elevator, going to go for something to eat at the canteen as they waited on news on Olive’s operation.

“Yeah,” April answered. “I got an IUD fitted,” April told him. “So, we are even more safe now.”

“Good,” James said. “And by the way, I’m sorry about all of grams’ questions before. Nosey parker she is.” James laughed as he hit the button for the floor with the canteen on.

“It was fine,” April answered. “It’s just questions to be expected from a boyfriend’s parent or in your case grandparent.”

“So does that mean I will one day face that from your sister?” James questioned.

“Most probably,” April laughed as they got out of the elevator and made their way to the end of the corridor. “Kaya might even question you too.”

James chuckled. “She’s a sweet little thing. Still after me going to her dancy thing?”

“Yeah,” April nodded. “But you totally don’t have to.”

“Nah, I will,” James smiled. “Only if you want me there of course.”

“Sure,” April smiled as they walked into the canteen, April glancing round at James. “Did you change his nappy when I was with the doctor?” April questioned.

“Yeah, why?” James questioned. “Does it look wrong?” James held Finn out in front of him, inspecting his work.

“No,” April shook her head. “You have a little pee splash.” April pointed to the bottom of his t-shirt and James looked down and sighed a little.

“Ah little dude,” James once again held Finn out in front of him. “I thought that just hit the wall. You cheeky monkey.” James rocked Finn from side to side, Finn giggling.

“As long as you keep doing it to James and not mummy buddy all is good.” April ran her hand over Finn’s soft dark hair.

“How about he does it to no one?” James suggested and April gave a little shrug.

“It’s funnier this way.” April laughed and James gasped as he poked her side before April picked up a tray and they went to pick something for their lunch.

Charlie and Brax were waiting in the hospital. It was now Friday and they had an ultrasound appointment to see if things were okay with the baby. They were told it could do either way and the heart rate could continue to decline and the baby would be lost, or, more hopefully the heart rate would increase and everything would be okay. Brax was shaking his legs as he held his head in his hands. Things with him and Charlie were still frosty but he hoped that hearing the baby was okay would soften Charlie and they’d be okay again. “I’m scared, Brax,” Charlie spoke quietly. “What if we hear what we don’t want to hear?”

Brax took a deep breath and looked around to Charlie. “I think....we’d have known by now, if you’d lost her, right?” Brax questioned. “You’ve had no cramping, no bleeding?”

“Maybe it’s just going to happen slowly,” Charlie shrugged. “And I had cramps last night but maybe that was just my uterus expanding to fit the baby.”

“Could have been,” Brax exhaled, hoping to God that his child would be okay. “But no matter what this outcome, we’ll get through this together, yeah?” Brax took Charlie’s hand in hers, squeezing it gently. Charlie looked down for a moment before looking back to Brax. She gave a little nod as she bit her lip. “I’ll be here Charlie, for anything that’s going to happen; I’ll be by your side.” Brax rubbed his thumb over her hand.

Charlie smiled weakly.“I eh....” Charlie took a deep breath. “I’m sorry that I’ve been so hard on you this last week.”

“You don’t need to be sorry,” Brax told her. “I should have been there for you. I let you down.” Brax squeezed her hand even tighter, Charlie giving a little smile as she looked into his eyes.

“You really disappointed me,” Charlie exhaled. “I was mad and hurt and.....well, pregnant so that can take the blame for some of the hormones, right?” Charlie said and Brax gave a little laugh.

“I don’t think you need to justify yourself,” Brax told her. “You had every right to act how you did. I was in the wrong and it’s not a mistake I am ever going to make again. I love you and our kids way too much to lose any of you.”

“I know you do.” Charlie gave him a smile and Brax smiled back at her as he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie opened her mouth to talk again but was cut off by the ultrasound technician, calling out her name. She took a deep breath as she stood up, Brax standing up with her, keeping a grip of her hand as they walked down the corridor to get the scan to see if their baby was okay.

Olive had taken Finn out to the garden to show him all her different plants and herbs that she grew, Olive a keen gardener. April and James had gone up the stairs, James leading her into his bedroom, there were surf boards up against one wall, pictures of cars up on the walls, a couple of pictures of birds hanging on the walls and an old grey teddy bear sitting on a wicker chair in the corner of the room. “Still play with teddies?” April gestured to the bear, giving a little laugh.

“That’s Gus,” James told her, walking over and picking him up. “It was the last thing my mum bought me before she....” James trailed off, putting the bear back down on the chair.

“I’m sorry,” April exhaled, sitting down on the side of his bed and seeing a picture of a woman on his bedside table. “Is this her?” April picked the frame up. “Your mum, I mean,” James gave a little nod as he sat down next to her, taking the frame in his hand. “She was a gorgeous woman.” April said, seeing where James got his looks. He was his mothers double. They had the same blond hair, the same big green eyes.

“She was.” James pursed his lips, putting the frame back in its place.

“Babe what,” April put her hand on his arm as she spoke. “What happened to her? You never really talk about her and, I...” April stopped talking, bowing her head a little. She didn’t want to see intrusive but she wanted him to know she cared.

“Pneumonia.” James spoke quietly.

“I’m sorry.” April rubbed his arm in comfort.

“I’ve known more of a life without a mother,” James mumbled. “I still miss her everyday though. She was....I thought she ruled the world,” James gave a little laugh. “She was just the best. She was so kind, caring,” James exhaled. “Every Friday as a treat we’d go to this cafe and I’d get a chocolate milk shake and we’d share a mint slice,” James smiled fondly. “She’d cut it in two and I’d always get the bigger half.” James stifled a laugh.

“She sounds lovely.” April smiled at him and James returned the smile.

“She was the best,” James told her. “It’s up....it’s coming up to her being dead for 14 years,” James told her. “Maybe you could come with me and grams when we have our ‘Vicki day’” James said. “Victoria was her name,” James exhaled. “We got her grave, obviously, but we always go to the bird house at the zoo,” James glanced back at the photo of his mother. “She loved birds for some reason. They always scared the sh*t outta me,” James gave a little laugh. “But she was fascinated by them. Doves in particular.” James looked up to the drawings of the birds on the wall and April followed his glance.

“Did she draw them?” April wondered.

“Yeah,” James nodded. “Fancied herself as a bit of an artist.”

“They are amazing,” April exhaled. “I’d say she was an artist.”

James smiled as he looked back to his girlfriend. “So anyways, you can think about coming.”

“We can ask your grandmother,” April pursed her lips. “I don’t want to intrude on your day.”

“You wouldn’t be intruding,” James told her. “My grandma loves you already. You and little dude would be most welcome. I’m sure little dude would love seeing all the zoo animals and the doves and such.”

April looked into James’ eyes and gave him a smile. “Doves,” April raised her eyebrows. “That explains your tattoo,” James had a tattoo on his left side ribcage, a black outline of a dove with an outline of a small red love heart just under the bird’s beak. “It’s for your mother.”

“Yeah,” James answered his hand touching where his tattoo would be. “But please, you should come.”

“Like I saw, we can ask your grandmother.” April smiled and James gave a little nod before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on April’s lips.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Eighty-four

After a little though I’ve decided to move this forward a little so this chapter skips forward in time.

Charlie put the cake down on the table, before putting her hands on the small of her back, rubbing it gently as she exhaled. “You alright?” Brax walked over to her and rubbed her back for her as she gave a little nod.

“Just wishing he’d come now.” Charlie answered. Charlie only had two weeks before the baby was due but she was already irritated and sick of being pregnant.

“You mean she and she’ll be here soon,” Brax brought his hand around and rubbed her rather large bump. “Be patient mummy.”

“I’m sure you’d be patient if you had a baby kicking around your stomach all day,” Charlie mumbled as she batted Brax’s hand away, looking down as she felt little hands wrapping around her leg. “Hey Pop’s,” Charlie lifted the girl into her arms. “You enjoying the party?”

“Cake.” Poppy pointed to the birthday cake, yellow icing with the Flash superhero onto the top.

“We’ll have cake soon.” Charlie ran her hand through Poppy’s brown curly locks.

“Daddy,” Daniel shouted at him from across the garden. “Come back and play.” Daniel along with VJ, Kaya and a couple of boys from his class in school were playing with a ball with Miles, James, April, Ruby and Dex. Brax rubbed Charlie’s back as he placed a kiss on her temple before running back down to the garden. Charlie waddled over to where Leah and Bianca were sitting talking, Finn sitting on Bianca’s knee. Charlie sat down, sitting Poppy on her knee, the fifteen month old turning her body to the side, her hands resting on Charlie’s bump.

“Ooh.” Poppy gasped as she could feel the kicking.

Charlie looked a little uncomfortable and she exhaled slowly. “You alright?” Leah questioned.

“He’s just kicking right on my pelvic bone.” Charlie answered. She was tired, sore and uncomfortable most of the time and she just wanted the labour to start.

“Oh he’s dropping,” Bianca grinned. “Little baby Braxton will be here before we know it.” Bianca was excited for the new arrival.

“I wish she’d come now.” Charlie exhaled.

“No,” Leah shook her head. “Today is Daniel’s birthday. You don’t want them sharing a birthday. Hold off for one more day.” Leah reached forward and took Poppy from Charlie’s lap, her daughter reaching out to her.

“Mama.” Poppy giggled as she rested her head against her mother, her thumb going to her mouth. Leah immediately pulled her thumb away, Poppy pouting sadly.

“I can’t actually believe he is seven today,” Charlie raised her eyebrows. “Seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital.”

“Aww I know what you mean,” Bianca glanced out at Kaya. “Can’t believe she’ll be 5 next month.”

“They grow up so fast, don’t they?” Leah ran her hand over her daughter’s curly locks. “I can’t believe this little one is walking and talking already.” Leah exhaled.

“She’s a little cracker.” Charlie smiled down at Poppy before looking back to her son. Her smiled grew larger as she saw him running around and having fun, thankful everyday that her little boy with still with them. Thankful that he was still in remission.

“Anyways, Buckton when are you and Brax getting hitched?” Bianca wondered. “I thought you’d want to be married before the baby arrived.”

“No no,” Charlie shook her head. “I was already starting to show when he proposed and I didn’t want a bump in my wedding pictures so we talked about it and we’re waiting. That way this one can be in the wedding too.” Charlie ran her hand over her stomach, the baby still kicking her.

“I guess that is cute,” Bianca smiled as the kids came running over, all the adults following. “Alright poppet?” Bianca asked as Kaya climbed up onto the seat next to her.

“I want cake.” Kaya answered.

“Yeah mummy can we have my cake now?” Daniel questioned.

“Sure we can,” Charlie answered. “Daddy will go light the candles and we’ll sing Happy Birthday then its cake time huh?” Charlie ran her hand over his head and Daniel grinned as he nodded, Brax walking into the house to find some matches to light the cake for Daniel’s birthday.

Finn splashed about in the bath, his many toys floating around him. “Waa baa baa la.” Finn babbled as he waved his arms frantically, splashing James.

“You are lying little dude,” James gasped. “That didn’t happen.”

“Mmm baambaambaa.” Finn squealed and James laughed as Finn grinned up at him.

“Let’s see how you’d suit a mohawk,” James reached for the little jug and filled it with water before leaning Finn back against his arm. Finn waved his arms to the side as James wet the boy’s hair. Finn quickly changed into a whine, Finn not liking this part of bath time. “I know little dude, I know.” James straightened Finn up again and put a little shampoo on his hair before styling it into a mohawk. “Ahh rocking it bubba.” James laughed and Finn started splashing again as he squealed excitedly.

“Aww Finn what’s James done to you?” April walked into the bathroom, laughing as she saw her son’s hair.

“He’s the next rock star.” James laughed as April knelt down next to him, her hand reaching for the little boat toy. She wound it up and put it back in the water, Finn following intently as the boat moved along the water.

“Eee.” Finn clapped as he reached for the boat, picking it up and bringing it to his mouth.

“We don’t eat boats mate,” James took the boat from Finn’s gasp and wound it up again, placing it back down in the water as Finn once again clapped as it moved to the other side of the tub. “You’re teeth still bothering you?” James gently rubbed his cheek; Finn of course at only 10 months old was still teething.

“We’ll give you more medicine before bedtime bubba,” April said, still laughing at his little mohawk. “Jay get rid of that.” April nudged his arm.

“It’s cool,” James laughed. “Should put his hair like that for next weekend,” James suggested. “People will think we are the coolest family out.” April and James were going away for the weekend to celebrate their 6 month anniversary.

April glanced at James. “No people will think ‘oh stupid teenage parents giving their son a mohawk.” April exhaled.

“Last time I checked 20 wasn’t a teenager.” James grinned.

“You’ve been 20 for like a month.” April sighed.

“Still 20,” James laughed. “But you are still a teenager.” James teased, nudging her side.

“I’m 18.” April replied.

“And that’s still a teenager,” James stifled a laugh. “You sure you are smart enough to be a doctor?” James teased.

April raised her eyebrows at James. “Let’s get this one washed up and put to bed.”April said, taking the jug from the bath and washing the shampoo from her son’s hair.

Ruby walked into her bedroom and over to her bed, throwing the covers back and slipping in. “Night baby.” Dex whispered.

“Goodnight.” Ruby leaned across and kissed his cheek before lying down to sleep.

“It’s been six months, by the way.” Dex continued to talk in a whisper.

“What?” Ruby screwed her face up.

“Since the baby talk,” Dex told her. “It’s been six months so we can talk about it again.”

“Oh Dex,” Ruby rolled her eyes as she sat up in the bed and put the side light on. “I thought babysitting Finn on your own for the day put you off the idea?”

“Well yeah,” Dex said. “But just seeing your mum about to explode. Seeing how happy and excited she is,” Dex sat up and faced Ruby. “Got me all.....clucky again.”

“Mum is far from happy and excited right now,” Ruby told him. “She’s constantly irritable, tired, sore...” Ruby trailed off. “She sick of being pregnant.”

“Okay but they’re about to have a bubba,” Dex smiled. “And yes, Finn was a little hard to handle that day but he’s a baby. Baby’s will have days like that but they’ll also have days where they are oh so cute and cuddly.”

“We are not having this argument again,” Ruby sighed. “You want a kid then go find some other stupid teenager girl who is willing to give you a child,” Ruby told him. “Because I am not wasting my teenager years by getting knocked up.” Ruby reached forward and switched her side light off before lying down to sleep, her back facing Dex.

Thanks for the comments. : )

Eighty-five

Brax walked into the kitchen his eyes squinting at they hit the light. “What you doing up?” Brax yawned, looking to the cooker and seeing it was 3.28am.

“I find it hard to sleep when Pip continuously batters my belly.” Charlie answered before putting a chuck of pineapple in her mouth.

“Since when has pineapple been your choice of midnight snack?” Brax laughed as he sat down next to her at the table. “I recall ice-cream being what Pip wanted.”

“Ice-cream doesn’t induce labour,” Charlie swallowed another piece of pineapple. “Pineapple,” Charlie pointed to the bowl. “It’s supposed too.”

“I see,” Brax nodded. “Baby don’t you think it’s best to let the baby come when she’s ready?”

Charlie glared up at Brax, her nostrils flaring. “My back is in constant pain, I’m tired, I’m irritable, and I’ve just God damn had enough of being pregnant,” Charlie told him. “I need to kick start this.”

Brax raised his eyebrows, noticing a second bowl. “Chilli’s?”

“The heat is also supposed to help.” Charlie said taking one into her mouth, couching as the heat hit her in the back of the throat.

Careful.” Brax stood up and walked over to the cupboard taking out a glass. He filled it with ice-cold water from the dispenser on the fridge before walking back over to Charlie handing it down to her.

Charlie shook her head. “Ice-cold water helps the baby move. Remember the nurse made me drink heaps at my 20 week scan because he was in lying in a funny position. She couldn’t check anything.”

“Oh yeah,” Brax nodded lightly as he sat back down next to his fiancée. “But I thought you wanted her to move?”

“Move out of me,” Charlie answered. “All that would do would make him kick more.”

“I see,” Brax gave a little nod. “Well I still think you should just let her come when she’s ready. I know you must be uncomfortable and yeah, I’d love to be holding my little one in my arms but I also want her to be ready to be in this world.” Brax leaned down and put his hand on Charlie’s stomach, smiling as he felt his baby kicking.

“She is ready,” Charlie sighed. “I’m 38 weeks so technically I am full term.” Charlie put her hand on her stomach.

“It’s just a couple more weeks.” Brax told her.

Charlie glanced at Brax before exhaling lightly. She was getting sick of eating the pineapple and she didn’t really fancy anymore chilli’s. “Let’s go.” Charlie stood up from chair, taking Brax’s hand and pulling him up to standing, thinking of another pregnancy kick starter they could try.

“What are we doing?” Brax questioned, seeing the glint in Charlie’s eye.

“We are going to have sex.” Charlie told him, pulling him out of the kitchen and over to the stairs to go back up to their bedroom.

April was sitting cross legged on the floor of her bedroom. To Kill A Mocking Bird was sitting on the floor, April busy writing in her workbook. “Mmm babababaa,” Finn crawled across the floor and put his hand on April’s workbook. “Mmm mm mah.” Finn put his other hand on the book as April looked into his big brown eyes.

“What you saying buddy?” April questioned. “Mummy’s got an assignment to do.”

Finn gave her a grin, the few teeth he had showing. He crawled across the floor and picked up his little A-Z soft fabric baby book and crawled back over to his mother. “Okay one time baby then mummy needs to do her work, okay?” April moved her book to the side and lifted Finn onto her knee. She placed a kiss on the top of his head as she opened the book. April started to read the book to her son, telling him A was for Apple, B was for ball and C was for Cat, Finn’s little finger going on each picture as he made ‘Oh’ sounds. “Yeah,” April kissed his head again. “You like this book bubba?” April looked to her son from the side, Finn turning his head to look at his mother. He grinned as he brought his hand up and pressed it against her nose. “That’s mummy’s nose,” April laughed. “Will I get your nose?” April lightly hit her index finger against Finn’s nose and Finn giggled loudly before trying to copy his mother and hit her nose in the same way. “Aww baby,” April cooed. “Mummy loves you so much,” April squeezed her son tight, the love she felt for him overpowering her. She never thought it was possible to love another person so much. “I do.” April kissed his temple.

“Mmm ba.” Finn babbled, grinning up at her.

“Can you say mummy?” April questioned. “Mu-mmy,” April said and Finn stared up at her, his mouth in an O shape. “Maybe mummy is too hard,” April ran her hand over his hair. “Can you say mama?” April questioned. “Ma-ma. Ma-ma.”

“Aaaaa,” Finn squealed. “Maa aaa.”

April gave a little laugh. His babbles were starting to sound more like real words and she knew it would be soon he’d start saying something, April of course hoping it would be mama first. April exhaled as she looked down to her English book before looking back to Finn. She looked out her bedroom window, seeing it was a gorgeous day out. “You want to go to the park bubba?” April stood up, holding Finn frontwards in her arms. “Hmm you love the swings huh?” April walked over to her bed, picking up her phone before walking out of her bedroom, leaving the house to have some fun with her son.

Ruby walked into the house, slamming the door shut behind her. She threw house keys down on the little table in the hall before walking down the hall and into the kitchen, where she saw Charlie feasting on a pineapple. “How was lunch with Dex?” Charlie smiled up at her daughter but seeing the look on Ruby’s face, her expression immediately turned into concern. “What’s wrong?” Charlie asked, Ruby bursting into tears at her questioned. “Hey, sweetie,” Charlie pushed herself up from the table and walked over to her daughter, enveloping her in a hug. Ruby held onto her mother tightly as she tried to control her tears. “What’s happened?”

“Dex and I broke up.” Ruby cried.

“Aww,” Charlie rubbed her daughters back soothingly. “What’s gone wrong?”

“It’s been six months,” Ruby pulled back and looked up at her mother. “The baby talk started again and I’m not having a baby for him, I’m not. It’s stupid. We’ve just turned 18. We are still in High School for goodness sake.”

“Aw sweetie I’m sorry,” Charlie rubbed her arm. “And there was no other way you could work something out? It had to come to breaking up?”

Ruby gave a little shrug. “He wants a baby, I don’t,” Ruby sniffed back. “How do you get passed that one?”

“I’m not sure,” Charlie shook her head. “Maybe now he knows that he’s lost you he’ll change his mind on the whole baby thing for a while,” Charlie tucked Ruby’s hair behind her ear as she spoke. “And I know you probably don’t want to hear this right now but I am proud at you for not giving Dex a baby. A lot of teenage girls faced with losing her boyfriend would just give in to not have to lose him, so know that even though I’m sad for you that you’ve lost the boy you love, I’m still extremely proud that you know right now isn’t the time for you to be having a baby.”

“Thanks,” Ruby murmured. “But I just....I really thought when I told him that it was either getting to be with me or getting his baby but not with me being the mother, I....I just thought...”

“He’s an idiot for not choosing to stay with you,” Charlie spoke softly. “You guys have the rest of your lives to have children. Right now you two should enjoy being young and carefree.”

“Try telling him that,” Ruby sighed. “He’s just trying to grow up way to fast.”

“It probably doesn’t help that April has Finn,” Charlie said. “He’ll be thinking if she can do it, I can too.”

“That’s exactly what he said,” Ruby mumbled. “I don’t want us to be over mum.” Ruby cried.

“I know sweetheart,” Charlie rubbed the tops of her arms. “But I think a little time apart is best right now when you want different things,” Charlie told her. “And hey, he’ll see what he missing with you two not being together and maybe he’ll realise that right now you are more important than a baby,” Ruby gave her mother a weak smile as Charlie’s rubbed her cheek. “Now, I do believe you are in need of some ice-cream. C’mon.” Charlie took Ruby’s hand and pulled her over to the freezer to get out some ice-cream.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Eighty-six

James was pushing the buggy as he walked with April down the centre of the small coastal town they’d gone to for the weekend. “Six months ago today we had our first date,” James smiled, glancing down at April before looking back to where he was walking, the three of them going to be spending the day at the beach. “I couldn’t believe my luck when you agreed to go on that date with me.”

“I bet you wish I said no when you found out I was a single mother.” April exhaled.

James screwed his face up a little. “Why would I wish that?” James questioned. “You know how much I love the little dude.”

“I know but, I,” April stopped walking and turned to face James. “When you imagine your six month anniversary with someone, I can guarantee you didn’t imagine having to bring her ten month old son with you.”

“I don’t care that Finn is here,” James exhaled. “It would be weird without him. He belongs with us. We are a great little trio,” April gave him a smile as she glanced down at Finn, Finn chewing on his lip as he looked into the distance, his eyes lighting up as he saw the ocean. “And we have time when it’s just the two of us. We’ve been on plenty dates and even had that night in Sydney without him.”

“I know,” April exhaled. “I guess....it takes a special guy to step up and take care of a child that isn’t even his.”

“Well you should just be lucky you found one of us rare men,” James gave a cheeky grin. “Babe I am the one who is going to be there for him. I’m the one who’ll teach him how to surf, how to ride his bike, all the stuff a father does,” James told her. “I’d be honoured if that little dude called me....called me daddy one day. Biology wise, okay, you got me but in every other sense of the word I am that boy’s father.”

April could see the passion in James’ eyes as he spoke. “I know, sorry,” April bit her lip. “I guess I just can’t believe how lucky Finn and I are to have you.”

“Well believe it hun,” James pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist. “I love you and I love little dude and we are a family and family is for life.” James told her before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“I love you too,” April whispered as they pulled back from the kiss. “And I do want you to be Finn’s dad. You are Finn’s dad.” April gave him a smile and James returned one.

“And one day he won’t be our only baby,” James said. “You know I want like 20 kids?” James laughed and April raised her eyebrows.

“Seriously?” April questioned and James nodded.

“I hated being an only child,” James said. “Obviously it’s a bit different because mum died when I was young but I didn’t even have any cousins around,” James exhaled. “I don’t want little dude being lonely so we’ll give him heaps of siblings.”

April once again raised her eyebrows. “I’m not sure about heaps but one or two,” April told him. “And not for ages yet either, by the way.”

“Oh God no,” James widened his eyes. “I’m talking like 10 years from now.”

“Good,” April gave a little smile before looking down to her son who was staring to whine and he pointed down to the beach. “C’mon, this one wants to play.” April said as they started walking again, continuing to make their way down to the beach.

“What about Maisie?” Brax questioned as he massaged Charlie’s foot, Charlie lying across the couch, her feet resting against his legs.

Charlie scrunched up her face a little. “What like a mouse?” Charlie questioned and Brax gave her a confused look. “You say Maisie I think of a mouse.” Charlie told him, her hand running over her bump.

Brax exhaled lightly. “Okay, how about Payton?”

“For girl or boy?” Charlie questioned. Brax glanced at Charlie, his head cocking to the side. “Of course for a girl. You only talk girls’ names,” Charlie rolled her eyes. She understood Brax wanted a daughter but wished he’d be open to the prospect of a son. “Uhm....sorry, I feel like I say no to everything you suggest.”

Brax gave a little shrug. “We have different taste I guess,” Brax mumbled. “But surely there will be the perfect name for her,” Brax put his hand onto Charlie’s stomach. “We’ll find a name we both love.”

“I’m sure we will,” Charlie said. “Or in the end you’ll let me get my way,” Charlie gave him a cheeky grin. “Because you’d do anything I want.”

“Is that so?” Brax laughed. “So, what’s she going to be called if you get your way then?”

“Uhm,” Charlie pursed her lips. “I know he’ll be called Joshua,” Charlie told him, Brax giving a little smile, liking the name choice. “But for a girl?” Charlie bit her lip, shaking her head a little. “I do love Ruby’s choice of Mia.”

“It’s cute, but I don’t think it would be my first choice.” Brax said. “What about Daniel’s suggestion?”

“We are not calling our daughter Elsa,” Charlie said and Brax gave a little laugh. “That boy had watched Frozen way too much.”

“It could have been worse,” Brax said, going back to massage her sore feet. “He could have wanted to call a brother Olaf.”

“Very true indeed,” Charlie laughed. “Well I guess we still have 6 days to come up with a name. And you never know, maybe once the baby is born her name will just pop into our heads.”

“Possibly.” Brax sounded unsure.

“I’m serious,” Charlie said. “Bianca was sure that Kaya was going to be Sophia but when she was born the name Kaya popped to her mind when she looked at her.”

“Fair enough,” Brax nodded his head a little. “And Sophia hey,” Brax grinned. “I like that. Really like that.”

“It’s nice,” Charlie smiled. “But we are never going to meet this little one sitting here doing nothing,” Charlie pushed herself up and turned the right way on the couch before pushing herself up to standing. “C’mon.” Charlie held her hand out and Brax stood up, confused.

“And where are we going to?” Brax had a pretty fair idea what Charlie wanted to do but asked anyways.

“What you are thinking is correct.” Charlie told him, raising her eyebrows and she ran her hand over his chest.

“It’s the middle of the day.” Brax said.

“So,” Charlie shrugged. “The kids are out so it’s not like we’ll get caught. It’s supposed to help with inducing labour.” Charlie smiled seductively as she tiptoed up and softly kissed his cheek.

“Babe we’ve had sex about 10 times in the last week,” Brax stifled a laugh at how much Charlie was trying to induce the labour. “If it was going to help induce the labour I’m sure it would have done by now.”

“It could still happen.” Charlie said, taking Brax’s hand in hers and pulling him towards the stairs to go to their bedroom.

Thanks Sarah and Spotd1 for the comments.

Eighty-seven

Ruby and Daniel were building sandcastles on the beach. “Ruby when will the baby come?” Daniel patted the top of the bucket before lifting it up to see the perfectly formed sandcastle.

“Uhm, well she is due in 6 days but it could come before but it could be a little bit later too,” Ruby told him, running her hand over his hair. “You wanting the baby to come now?”

“Yeah,” Daniel nodded. “I just want to see her now and cuddle and love her.”

“Aww,” Ruby smiled down at her little brother. “It won’t be much longer,” Ruby said. “And hey, when she gets here you might be wishing she’s not here.” Ruby told him and Daniel scrunched his face up.

“No Ruby I wouldn’t.” Daniel shook his head.

“She’ll be up crying in the night, she’ll cry through the day, she’ll have stinky nappies....” Ruby trailed off.

Daniel gave a little giggle. “She’s just a baby though. She can’t help it. And my cuddles will stop all the crying.” Daniel told his sister.

“I see,” Ruby laughed a little. “Going to be an awfully good big brother then huh?”

“Of course,” Daniel exhaled. “Just like you is the best big sister to me.”

“Aww thanks buddy.” Ruby nudged him arm before pursing her lips, seeing Dex walking down the beach towards her.

“Bit of babysitting?” Dex stopped walking and smiled down to Daniel. “Alright buddy?”

“Dexter you don’t go out with my sister anymore,” Daniel sighed. “We can’t play transformers.” Daniel pouted sadly.

“I’ll always be willing to play transformers with you bud,” Dex told him. “If it’s alright with your sister that we hang out.”

“He’s a seven year old kid,” Ruby sighed. “You are 18. Wanting to play transformers with him is just weird.” Ruby said, picking up a clump of sand and letting it fall through the gasps between her fingers.

“Yet you are building sandcastles.” Dex sniggered.

“With my kid brother,” Ruby said. “You didn’t see me building sandcastles at the beach when I’m with April or you, do you?”

“Well actually with April you’ve build them.” Dex retorted.

“For Finn,” Ruby rolled her eyes. “He liked squashing them down,” Ruby exhaled. “Look, Dex I’m hanging out with my brother so what do you want?”

“I just.....I miss you.” Dex sighed, looking down to Ruby sadly.

“Yeah well I miss you too but we broke up so.....” Ruby gave a little shrug. “And talking like this is only making it worse so can you just go.” Ruby looked away from Dex, pulling the bucket close to and filling it with sand.

“Rubes, please -” Dex started to talk but Daniel’s voice cut him off.

“She said to go,” Daniel scowled up at Dex. Dex looked at the boy for a moment before exhaling loudly and walking away as requested. Daniel looked up at his sister, seeing the sadness in her eyes. “Is you sad Ruby?” Ruby pursed her lips as she nodded. “Is it cos you and Dex don’t kiss no more?”

“Yeah.” Ruby exhaled.

“Can’t you just go kiss him and then you could be boyfriend and girlfriend again?” Daniel wondered.

“Sometimes life isn’t as simple as that bud,” Ruby told him. “He wants me to have a baby.”

“Oh,” Daniel widened his eyes. “That’s really silly Ruby,” Daniel gave a little laugh. “You is too young for babies. Mummy the age for babies.”

“I know buddy,” Ruby rubbed her brother’s arm. “But he wants one so that’s why we aren’t together anymore.”

“You don’t need him,” Daniel told her. “You got me and mummy and daddy and the new baby soon,” Daniel told her. “And we all loves you Ruby.”

“Aww bud,” Ruby pulled Daniel into a hug. “You’re a little sweetie.” Ruby rubbed his arm as she placed a kiss on his head.

Charlie and Brax walked into the diner, going to get some lunch. “Oh Charlie,” Irene looked to her as she sat down at the table. “You look like you are about to pop.”

“I wish I would,” Charlie replied. “I’m done with this pregnancy thing.” Charlie put her hand on her stomach, the baby once again kicking her right on her pelvic bone where it hurt.

“Aww love,” Irene rubbed her shoulder. “You’ve only got about 6 days to go, right?”

“Yeah.” Brax yawned.

“You better get rid of that tiredness before the little one arrives,” Irene laughed. “You’ll need all the energy you can get when she’s here.”

“I know,” Brax laughed. “This one is just working me hard right now.” Brax mumbled and Irene raised her eyebrows as Charlie went a little red.

“Trying to induce are we?” Irene questioned and Charlie gave a little nod.

“I’m surprised I’m still pregnant to be honest,” Charlie said. “Rubes was three weeks early and Daniel was 10 days early so I expected this one to be early too to be honest.” Charlie exhaled with an uncomfortable look still on her face.

“You been trying any other induction methods or just the thing that got you into this situation in the first place?” Irene questioned and Charlie gave a little laugh.

“She’s been eating pineapple like it’s going out of fashion,” Brax laughed. “And chillies. The majority of our meals this last week have been way too spicy for my liking.”

“Well maybe you should cook for yourself.” Irene nudged his arm.

“Ah I wouldn’t go that far Irene,” Brax said. “Besides, her cooking is just starting to get good. If she stops now it’ll all just go downhill again.”

Irene gave a little laugh. “Do you two know what you want?”

“Nah,” Brax shook his head. “And we are waiting on the kids to come join us,” Brax exhaled. “They’re having a little brother sister time but we still gotta feed ‘em eh.”

“Always the case,” Irene said. “Well I come back once the kids get here and I’ll remember to bring a side of pineapple and chillies for you love.” Irene laughed as she rubbed Charlie’s arm before walking off, leaving them to wait on the kids coming.

April, James and Finn were still at the beach. “Ah man no,” James leaned forward, batting Finn’s hand from his mouth, Finn going to eat the sand. “That’s yucky, don’t eat sand.” James pulled a face of disgust at the thought of eating sand and Finn giggled at the face he pulled.

“Ba baba.” Finn waved his arms out.

“You want take him in the water?” April questioned, Finn crawling over to April, his hands resting on her legs as pushed himself to standing. April wrapping her arm around him, keeping him balanced.

“Yeah,” James answered. “You want to go in the water little dude?” James ticked Finn’s side and Finn giggled.

Finn babbled as he reached up and tried to pull April’s sunglasses from her face. “Don’t break mummy’s sunglasses,” April moved his hand away. “Jay and mummy are going to take you in the water,” April took her sunglasses off and put them into her bag. “Will we get your swimmers on?” April took his little green and white board shorts from the bag and a swim nappy. James turned Finn to face him before laying him on the towel, taking off his nappy and taking the swim one from April, putting it on him. He put the board shorts on him next before putting his swim t-shirt, April of course still wanting to protect her son from the sun. She put his sun hat back onto him, it having fallen off as James was changing him.

“You’re all ready for your swim huh?” James looked to Finn as he lightly tapped his finger against his cheek.

“Mmm ba.” Finn grinned as he kicked his legs as James stood up, holding Finn in his arms.

“Are you going swimming with mama?” April questioned, Finn staring at his mother as she stood up. “Can you say mama?” April wondered. “Mama. Say mama.”

Finn stared open mouthed at April. “Mmmma.” Finn tried.

“Almost there little dude,” James grinned. “Maybe he just wants to try dada first.” James joked and April slapped his chest.

“Don’t get that word in his head,” April sighed. “I’m his mama. He should say mama first.”

“I’m sure he’ll say it soon enough.” James told her.

“Daaa,” Finn squealed and April and James glanced at Finn. April shook her head as Finn spoke again. “Daa dada.” Finn grinned and April gasped as she slapped James’ chest, James with a grin on his face as she looked to Finn who was still grinning in his arms.

Thank you Sarah and Spotd1.

Eighty-eight

April banged the bathroom door shut, startling her son. He stared up at his mother briefly before going back to the stacking tower he was playing with. “Hun don’t still be mad,” James buttoned up his shirt. “He’s just said his first word. You should be ecstatic.”

“Of course I’m thrilled that he’s said his first word,” April sighed lightly. “It just shocked me that it was dada, you know I...I....” April paused, trying to think carefully of how to word her upset. She didn’t want to offend James, James of course having been amazing with helping raise Finn for the last 6 months. He practically was the boy’s father, but of course any mother would want her child to say mama first. “I just want him to say mama,” April bowed her head down. “Maybe this means he likes you better because he said dada first.” April mumbled.

“Don’t be silly,” James gave a little laugh as he walked over to April and rubbed her upper arms. “He just copied what I said,” James told her. “You are his mummy and he adores you,” James placed a soft kiss on April’s brow. “I see the way his face lights up when you walk into the room, when you talk to him,” James said. “He’ll say mama when he’s ready.” James assured her, rubbing her arms again.

“I know he will,” April glanced down to Finn, the boy once again staring up at his mother, a grin on his face. “And it’s not like he said dada to Xav. It was....we’ll you are his dad so I guess it’s allowed.”

“Yeah,” James smiled. “And now he’s mastered one word heaps more will come.”

“As long as word number two is mama,” April said. “You hear that Finn?” April questioned, walking over to her and lifting him into her arms. “Mama. You say mama next.”

Finn put his hand on April’s cheek. “Mmm,” Finn chewed his lip. “Dada dada.” Finn waved his arms excitedly, showing off his new world. April exhaled sadly before rolling her eyes, handing Finn to James.

“He wants you,” April mumbled before picking up her bag and putting her phone into. She walked over to the dresser and sprayed herself with her perfume, before looking around to James. “You ready?” James gave a little nod, walking over to the door and pulling it open. April walked behind him, pushing the buggy out of the hotel room, the little family going into town to a Chinese restaurant where they were going to have some dinner.

Daniel was carrying the DVD’s proudly as he walked up the path to the house. He’d been out with Brax to get the dinner, Charlie feeling too ‘pregnant’ to cook, so Brax had suggested pizza and ice-cream from the restaurant for dinner. They’d made the trip to the supermarket before hand, Brax under instruction to get more pineapples and Daniel had wanted to get a DVD to watch, Brax ending up buying his son Wreck-It-Ralph and Brave since Daniel couldn’t decide between the two. “Mummy,” Daniel ran into the house. “Look what daddy got me.” Daniel shrieked as he climbed up onto the couch where his mother was sitting.

“Ah wow you are spoilt huh?” Charlie ran her hand through his hair and Daniel nodded, a big grin on his face.

“Daddy said we can eat in front of the TV cos it’s just pizza and we can have it from the box while we watch the first DVD.” Daniel told her as Brax put the pizza’s boxes down on the coffee table.

“Oh did he?” Charlie glanced up at Brax before looking back to Daniel.

“Yeah, we can ay?” Daniel didn’t even wait on an answer, he just jumped down and ran over to the TV and opened the DVD player, putting in the first DVD of the night, Wreck-It-Ralph.

“You get the pineapple?” Charlie questioned and Brax nodded as he opened the pizza boxes, tonight’s choices being meat lovers, vegetarian and of course for Charlie, ham and pineapple with extra pineapple.

“It’s in the kitchen,” Brax answered. “Rubes, dinner.” Brax yelled, Ruby being up stairs in her bedroom.

“Daddy get me a juice.” Daniel said as he climbed back up onto the couch, sitting close to his mother.

“Daniel Ross Buckton,” Charlie glared at her son. “We don’t talk like that. Ask daddy nicely.” Charlie told him and Daniel sighed before looking back to Brax.

“Please can I get a juice daddy?” Daniel said and Brax gave a little nod as he stood up and looked to Charlie.

“Can I get you anything?” Brax questioned.

“An apple juice please.” Charlie told him and Brax gave a little nod before walking through to the kitchen.

“I’ll take a can of pop thanks,” Ruby said as she walked into the living room and sat cross legged on the floor, reaching for a slice of pizza before leaning back against the couch. “What we watching?”

“Wreck-It-Ralph,” Daniel answered. “You seen this Ruby?”

“Yeah,” Ruby answered. “I have to admit I love kiddie films.”

“Thems the best,” Daniel grinned. “And soon the baby will be here to watch all the films with us,” Daniel turned to face Charlie. “Ruby said 6 days, maybe more but maybe less.”

“That’s right,” Charlie nodded. “Hopefully less. Mummy’s so over being pregnant. She just wants the baby to come now.”

“Me too,” Daniel told her. “I’m gonna be the best brother for her.”

“I know you will bud.” Charlie smiled at her son as his hand went onto her stomach. He looked a little saddened that he couldn’t feel anything but Charlie was very thankful that the baby seemed to be sleeping, the kicking she’d experienced almost constantly for the last hour now having stopped.

“Aww don’t start the film without me.” Brax walked into the living room with drinks for everyone, placing them on the coffee table. He grabbed a slice of pizza and sat on the couch next to Daniel, the four of them going to enjoy some family time together.

Finn stared down to the high chair tray where April had put some rice and a few prawn crackers. He reached forward and picked up a handful of rice and stuffed it into his mouth. “Right, little dude,” James looked to Finn. “While mummy is at the restroom we’ve got some talking to do, you listening?” Finn stared up at James, his eyes widening. “Good, so listen, boy,” James said. “Mummy is upset that you are only saying dada.”

“Dada,” Finn repeated with a big grin as he rocked from side to side in the high chair. “Dada.” Finn shrieked again.

“That’s great but it’s not mama is it?” James felt his heart bursting at Finn calling him dada but knew April was crushed. “Can you say mama. Hmmm, mummy really wants you to say mama.”

“Uh,” Finn slapped his hand against his cheek. “Ma..ba wah.” Finn held his hands out to the side and James gave a little laugh at the little boy.

“You know what I am saying,” James said, Finn starting at him intently. “And I know you are smart enough to say mama. Easy. Ma-ma. Mama.” James said Finn continuing to stare at him.

“Mmm,” Finn pursed his lips. “Dada.” Finn clapped his hands before reaching for a prawn cracker, bringing it up to his mouth and sucking on it.

“You like that buddy?” April rubbed her sons head and Finn looked up to her, giving her a grin as his eyes lit up at her return.

“Dada.” Finn replied just as the waitress brought over more drinks for the couple.

“Oh is he learning new words?” The waitress grinned at Finn who gave her a big grin back as he rocked from side to side in the high chair.

“A new word would be mama.” April mumbled.

“Oh, is mummy a bit jealous dada came first?” The waitress looked to James who gave a little nod.

“I’m not jealous, I just...” April trailed off shaking her head a little.

“Well you have a very cute little boy. Just be happy about that.” The waitress said before she walked away. April looked at Finn, who was still rocking from side to side and she gave a little laugh before taking a drink of a wine.

Thanks for the comments.

Eighty-nine

Charlie and Brax walked back into the house, Charlie sighing as she walked through to the living room. “I don’t see why they couldn’t have just induced me today.” Charlie sat down on the couch, her hand rubbing over her stomach. She was now 7 days late, them having been to the hospital for a check-up. They had been told that she’d be induced on the 25th of the month, which was still another week away.

“I thought you wanted labour to start naturally. Not with the drugs.” Brax said sitting down at the other side of the couch. He patted his knees and Charlie kicked her shoes off before turning herself around on the couch and bringing her feet up, Brax massaging them for her.

“I just want to not be pregnant anymore.” Charlie mumbled.

“Well just know that you’ve not got long left. 7 more days then we’ll meet our little Pip,” Brax smiled as he massaged her foot. “Maybe less. You might still go into labour before then.”

“Yeah and blue pigs will fly,” Charlie sighed. “I just want to feel normal again,” Charlie felt herself welling up. “Why doesn’t she want to come out to meet us?” Charlie wiped her hand over her eyes, pushing back tears.

“She’s just waiting to make an entrance. Might be like her big sister in that respect,” Brax gave a little chuckle. “Look if I could take away how you are feeling right now, I would. I would do all of this for you if I could.”

“Then have them induce me now,” Charlie squeaked. “I’m over this. I....I’m over being tired and having back pain and sore ankles and migraines. I just want to meet our little baby and start the next chapter of our lives.”

“I know,” Brax moved his hand up and rubbed her leg. “But they’ll only induce you when they think it’s the right time.”

“Well they should take into account how I feel,” Charlie muttered. “The baby is over full term so it’s not going to make a difference to them if they induce me now or next week.”

“Well maybe we’ll just have to keep trying to induce the labour with sex.” Brax lightly caressed her leg.

“Eugh,” Charlie kicked her leg, Brax moving his hand from it. “You are not putting that in me ever again.” Charlie told him, looking disgusted.

Brax gave a little laugh. “I hope you change your mind on that one.”

“You’ll be lucky,” Charlie mumbled, her hand rubbing her stomach as the baby kicked. “Can you get me some ice-cream?” Charlie questioned and Brax gave a little nod as he moved her legs from his knees and stood up. “And don’t bother with a bowl. Just bring the tub.” Charlie told him and he walked through to the kitchen. Brax exhaled lightly, hoping for Charlie’s sake that it wasn’t going to be much longer before the baby finally arrived.

Ruby was gently pushing the swing, Finn grinning at his mother as she watched him, a newly cut tooth on show with the rest he had. Ruby’s stopped pushing the swing as her phone beeped. She looked down, pulling it from her pocket. She pursed her lips as she saw Dex’s name on the screen. Hey, miss your face. Can we talk about things again? Don’t want us to end and think a baby could make us so happy. Love you so much. Xxx Ruby sighed as she put her phone back into her pocket. “Everything alright?” April questioned as Finn looked round to Ruby, his swing almost at a complete stop.

Ruby glanced at Finn before she pushed the swing again, Finn squealing in excitement. “Would you think I was totally stupid for considering having a baby?”

“Completely crazy,” April told her. “Don’t get me wrong, I love Finn more than anything but you know if I had the choice not have him when I was a teenager I would,” April said. “I know you must miss Dex but he’s being crazy.”

“But why is it fair that I get my way?” Ruby asked.

“Because you are being sensible. 18 is way too young to have a baby. You’ve both got half a year of High School left, neither of you have jobs,” April exhaled. “Jay is great and he’ll get some things I need for Finn but Bianca gets most everything. You and Dex aren’t going to be able to pay for a baby and considering your mum and Brax are about to have one of their own it’s not fair on them to have to fork out for your baby too or for Sid,” April told her. “Surely you and Dex can get through this though. You did once before.”

“Yeah cos he said he’d give it 6 months and we’d talk again,” Ruby sighed. “I can’t just keep saying ‘we’ll talk in 6 months’ can I?” Ruby once again pushed the swing, Finn whining that it had come to a complete stop. “I miss him so much. My heart aches every day. I just want him back.”

April walked closer to her friend, seeing the upset in her eyes. “I know, but, don’t make this mistake. Please, take it from a teenager mother, Rubes; this would be a big challenge. It’s so hard balancing school and a baby and a boyfriend and just....life,” April told her. “I’ll talk to Dex. Get him to sense that the best thing to do would be to wait and have a baby when you can afford to give her the life she’d deserve.”

“Okay,” Ruby gave a little nod. “Thanks.”

“No worries,” April rubbed her friends arm. “Now, he needs some lunch so what do you say to coming back to my place?”

“Sure.” Ruby nodded as she lifted Finn out of the swing, keeping a hold of him in her arms as April pushed the buggy, the friends making their way back to April’s place.

Olive knocked on the bedroom door, before walking into James’ room. “Jay-bug I’m just going into town with Slyvie. We’re going to have fish and chips then play some bingo.”

“You want me to give you a lift into town?” James questioned from leaning back against the headboard of the bed, April sitting the same next to him as Finn was sitting in between them, engrossed by some kiddie TV show.

“No, I can walk,” Olive said. “But maybe you could pick up later. About 9 at the bingo hall.” Olive told him and James gave a little nod.

“Sure.” James said.

“Have a nice night.” April smiled at her and Olive returned the smile.

“Thanks love,” Olive said before glancing down at Finn. “You enjoying that TV little bug?” Olive walked further into the room and Finn looked around to her, grinning excitedly at her. He reached his hands out and Olive picked him up, placing a kiss on his temple. Finn cuddled into her as Olive rubbed his back. “Oh that’s a lovely cuddle,” Olive kissed Finn once again before putting him back on the bed. He crawled over to April, April pulling him onto her knee as he cuddled into his mother. “James can you actually come and shut the attic door for me.” James gave a little nod before standing up and following Olive out of the room.

He looked up to the roof, seeing the ladders were still half out, the latch door hanging down. “What you doing going up in the attic anyways?” James pushed the ladders up the rest of the way before pulling on the latch door string, the door closing. “You’ve just had a hip operation.”

“Oh that was six months ago. I’m as good as new now,” Olive said and James raised his eyebrows, looking unsure. “I was looking for this.” Olive handed James the little red box. James opened it up, seeing the white gold ring, set with a small aquamarine stone in the centre and two small diamonds either side.

“Oh grams you know I love you but I think it’s illegal for a grandson to marry his grandmother.” James joked, looking back to her.

“It was your mums,” Olive told him. “She got it from grandpa and I for her 21st birthday. I want you to give it to April. It would make a lovely engagement ring.”

“Oh wow, I....” James felt his heart beating faster. “Grams we’ve only been dating 6 months. Don’t you think it’s a bit early?”

“I know she’s the girl for you,” Olive told him. “I see the way you look and her and adore that little boy of hers. Don’t tell me you’ve not thought about asking her.”

“Well, I have but....” James trailed off, rubbing the back of his head. “I don’t want to rush her. I don’t want to freak her out by proposing to soon.”

“I see the way she looks at you,” Olive told him. “Trust me. It wouldn’t be too soon.” Olive gave him a wink before she walked off down the stairs, leaving James standing in the hallway, looking down at the ring.

Thank you CharlieAndBraxLover, Spotd1 and Sarah. :)

Ninety

The 25th came and much to Charlie’s distress she was still pregnant. She hated the thought of going into be induced but at the same time, she was glad the day had finally come and she would finally be very soon meeting her baby. Her hospital bag was packed and ready, sitting waiting at the front door. She was due to go into the hospital at noon, the time coinciding with Kaya’s 5th birthday party. “Mummy,” Daniel marched down the stairs and ran into the living room. “Daddy is being mean.” Daniel stropped as banged his foot on the floor.

“What’s he doing?” Charlie questioned.

“He said I still need to go to Kaya stupid party but I want to come to the hospital to see my new baby sister.” Daniel told her.

“You do have to go to Kaya’s party,” Charlie told him, opening her arms out. Daniel walked over to her and Charlie wrapped her arms around him as he leaned against her, Daniel staying standing but Charlie sitting on the armchair. “She’s your friend and she wants you there. You’ll have lots of fun. You love birthday parties, hmm?” Charlie ran her hand through his hair. “You get party games and cake and jelly and chips.”

“But why can I see my new baby sister?” Daniel wondered.

“You’ll get to come see the new baby as soon as he or she is born,” Charlie assured him. “But sometimes labour can take a very long time. It might even be tomorrow before the baby is born and you’ll have missed Kaya’s party for nothing.”

“Tomorrow?” Daniel gasped. “It does take long then.”

“Yeah,” Charlie took a deep breath. Her labour with Daniel was quick, Daniel being in her arms only 5 hours after her waters broke, but with Ruby it was much longer, Charlie getting to 30 hours before having to have a C-section. She only hoped this labour would be a quick one as well. “So you can go to the party and have lots of fun with Kaya, Veej, Poppy and Finn and Rubes will be there,” Charlie told him. “And if mummy does have the baby when you are still at the party daddy will call and Rubes and you will come visit right away, I promise.” Charlie rubbed Daniel’s sides as she placed a kiss on his temple.

“Really promise?” Daniel questioned.

“Of course bud,” Charlie answered. “You think mummy wouldn’t want you meeting your new sibling right away?”

Daniel gave a little shrug. “I hope you would want me to see her.”

“Yeah of course,” Charlie told him. “She’s going to be ready for lots of big cuddles from her big brother.”

“Yeah,” Daniel grinned. “And I do have to give Kaya her present eh.”

“Oh yeah,” Charlie told him. “So you go have fun with your friends and you’ll be coming to the hospital to see mummy and the baby before you know it.” Charlie gave her son a squeeze as she placed a kiss on his head smiling at the thought of Daniel with the new baby.

April watched from the window as the kids played on the bouncy castle. “What you day dreaming about?” James asked as he walked into the kitchen with the empty bowl.

“Ah, nothing really. Just watching the kids having fun.” April smiled as she turned her head to face James, James putting the bowl down on the worktop.

“Out of chips already?” April laughed and James gave a little nod.

“Not going to be long till this one is running around with the rest of them.” James wrapped his arms around April from behind, placing a kiss in the crook of her neck. They both watched for a second as Finn was standing up, behind held up by Ruby, giggling at whatever it was Ruby was saying to him.

“He’s getting to clever,” April sighed. “He says dada, he’s pulling himself up, he’s about to walk,” April exhaled. “My baby is growing up.” April pouted sadly.

“Aww hun,” James span April around, his hands rubbing her back. “He’s about to get even more exciting. Walking, more words, he’s his own little person now.”

“Mmm,” April pursed her lips. “We still need to work on him saying mama though.” April said, her eyebrows rising.

“He’ll say it soon,” James told her. “Besides everything is dada right now. Remember I said goodbye to him yesterday and as he waved bye he said dada.”

“That is true,” April gave a little laugh and James smiled, looking into her captivating eyes. “What’s that look for?” April questioned.

“Just....” James shook his head. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” April replied.

“Do you uhm,” James rubbed the back of his head. “Do you ever think about our future?”

“Uh,” April bit her lip. “I think about what we are going to do for our next date.” April told him.

“What about like more into the future. Do you see us getting married and having a family?” James questioned.

“Well we joke about kids but,” April pursed her lips. “I....I’m kind of enjoying us just living in the now, not thinking too far ahead,” April spoke tentatively. “Why?”

“Just wondering,” James rubbed her arm. “Anyways we should get some more chips out for the kids.” James let go of April and walked over to the cupboard, exhaling lightly wondering if he should hold off on a proposal for a while longer.

Twenty-six hours later at just after 2pm, 2.04pm to be exact baby Braxton finally came into this world. She was a perfect 18 inches long, 6lbs 6oz in weight. She had a tuft of soft chocolate brown hair, obviously inherited from her mother, but the rest of her was all Brax. Charlie smiled as she watched Brax with their new daughter. “She’s just gorgeous,” Brax exhaled looking into his daughters soft green eyes. “Thank you. Thank you so much for her Charlie.” Brax looked down to Charlie leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“I didn’t make her on my own,” Charlie replied. “You had a lot to do with that too.” Charlie cupped her hand against Brax’s cheek for a moment as they smiled at each other.

“I know,” Brax stifled a laugh. “But you had to go through a lot more than me,” Brax moved some hair from in front of Charlie’s face. “You look tired.” Brax said as he sat down on the chair next to the bed.

“I’m exhausted,” Charlie yawned. “But Rubes and Daniel will be here any minute. I don’t want to miss them seeing her for the first time.” Charlie’s eyes were falling. She rubbed her hands over them, trying her hardest to stay awake.

“I’ll wake you as soon as they get here.” Brax told her.

“No,” Charlie shook her head, her eyes closed. “I’m staying awake,” Charlie spoke quietly. “Besides, you are hogging the baby. It’s my turn to hold her,” Charlie opened her eyes again before holding her arms out, Brax gently putting the baby in her arms. “Hey precious,” Charlie softly kissed her forehead. “You are so like daddy. I hope you know he is going to spoil you rotten and no doubt you are going to have him wrapped around your little finger.” Charlie cooed down before looking up as the door burst open and Daniel ran into the room with Ruby walking in behind him. Daniel gasped as he climbed up onto the bed next to his mother.

“Wow,” Daniel hit his palms against his cheeks. “There’s a pink hat so she’s a girl,” Daniel shrieked. “She’s so little.” Daniel gently ran his hand over her forehead.

“She’s like you Brax,” Ruby leaned over Brax, her hands on Brax’s shoulders. “She have a name yet?” Ruby admired her baby sister.

Charlie and Brax looked at each other and Brax gave a little nod. “This is Georgia.” Charlie said looking to her son.

“Oh I love it that name it’s so pretty.” Daniel said, his eyes staying glued to his new baby sister.

“It’s a nice choice,” Ruby smiled down at Georgia, Georgia’s eyes scrunching shut as she gave a big yawn. “Can I hold her?”

“Oh no me first,” Daniel threw one hand up in the air. “Please mummy, please.”

“Sit down next to daddy then.” Charlie said and Daniel jumped off the bed, sitting up nice and straight on the chair next to Brax. Brax took Georgia from Charlie’s arms and carefully placed her into Daniel’s arm’s, moving one arm slightly so he was protecting her head.

Daniel gave a nervous giggle as he looked at his sister. “She’s like daddy but with mummy’s hair.” Daniel said, seeing a little of chocolate brown hair peaking out of her little hat. Brax smiled at the boy, glad he was already bonding well with his baby sister.

“Are you getting home today?” Ruby questioned.

“They reckon by dinner time I can leave,” Charlie nodded. “You brought the car seat, right?”

“Yeah,” Ruby nodded. “It’s my car right now though.” Ruby said, her eyes staying glued on her baby sister who was falling asleep in Daniel’s arms.

“That’s alright,” Charlie smiled her eyes starting to feel even heavier. “You three can stay and bond with Georgia. I...I just need to....” Charlie yawned, her sentence ending not being heard before she lay down in the bed, her eyes immediately closing, Charlie wanting to get a little sleep before going home with the baby.

Archived