To Love Again

Guest Danni02

Thanks Chax, Sarah, emmamurphy8, Spotd1, beebee and pembie for the comments. Well the idea I had would indeed be drama and some not happy Chax so maybe some of you wouldn't like me doing that.... :unsure: emmamurphy8, Heath and Brax have already fixed things. Although it wasn’t shown it was mentioned that they’d talked. Pembie, I think you mean Andy. Matt was a character in Forever Yours.... :P

Fifty

Charlie walked into the house to see Brax looking down at a photo that was on the shelf, right next to the wedding picture of her and Angelo. “Hey.” Charlie smiled and Brax looked up to her before looking back down to the picture of her and him, taken by Ruby when they were at the zoo.

“Nice photo,” Brax lifted it a little high in his hands. “When did you put this out?”

“Couple days ago,” Charlie said taking it from Brax and looking down at it before putting it back in its place, looking up into his eyes and smiling. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “It’s a nice picture, right?”

“It is indeed,” Brax smiled, looking deep into her gorgeous eyes. “You’re so gorgeous,” Brax rubbed her cheek. “I love you Charlie.” Brax smiled, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips. They pulled back and Charlie looked up to him and into his eyes.

“I...” Charlie took a deep breath. “I do too.” Charlie said as Brax gave a little smile, knowing for now that was all he was going to get. The photo of them out, the fact she took her wedding rings off, the fact she told him about Grant, the way she looked at him let him know she loved him and he was getting used to the fact that she couldn’t tell him yet.

“Mummy,” Grace ran down the hall with Ruby walking behind her. Ruby having had her to the toilet. “I paint my monkey.” Grace picked it up from the coffee table and showed it to Charlie.

“Aww wow look at that,” Charlie bent down to Grace’s level and took the monkey in her hand. It was coloured pink, orange, yellow, red and green and the banana was blue. “It’s colourful.” Charlie said and Grace gave a little nod.

“For you.” Grace told her.

“Well I’ll put this right here.” Charlie said putting the monkey up near to the photo and Grace grinned before falling into her mother, giving her a hug.

“Brax got you one too,” Ruby teased him as she walked over to the coffee table and picked up the blue vase. “Isn’t it lovely?” Ruby handed it to Charlie with a cheeky grin on her face. Charlie gave a little laugh before putting the vase down next to the monkey Grace had painted.

“It’s very nice,” Charlie laughed before leaning up and looking as if she was going to kiss Brax’s lips but moving her head to the side and leaning into his ear. “I’ll thank you for it later.” Charlie raised her eyebrows and Brax gave a little laugh before they shared a kiss.

“Eugh,” Ruby screwed her face up. “Not in front of the kiddies.” Ruby said.

“Yeah eugh.” Grace copied her sister.

Charlie and Brax laughed before Charlie looked to the kitchen. “Something smells nice.”

“Buddy cooks.” Grace gave a little skip as they all walked over to the kitchen, Grace climbing up onto her seat.

“Spaghetti Bolognaise,” Brax told her. “And look,” Brax put tongs into the pan and lifted up some of the spaghetti. “It’s really spaghetti this time.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “Well I’ll go change quickly,” Charlie said walking through to her bedroom with Grace jumping down off her seat and running after her mother. “Hey, monkey you have a good day with Brax?”

“Yeah,” Grace nodded as Charlie took her uniform off. “It best fun.” Grace climbed up onto Charlie’s bed and started jumping on it again.

“That’s good,” Charlie smiled as she put a pair of short on before grabbing a yellow and grey stripy singlet from her drawer. “Would you like more days like that?”

“Yeah.” Grace nodded as Charlie walked over to her and lifted her into her arms. She smiled as she kissed her daughters temple before walking back through to the kitchen to enjoy dinner with Brax and her kids.

“So are we going to test out this new bed of yours?” Brax walked up behind Charlie and wrapped his arms around her waist. Charlie closed the fridge door and turned to face him.

“I thought you wanted another beer?” Charlie cocked her head to the side a little.

“Hmm,” Brax scrunched his face up. “Maybe I’ve had enough beers,” Brax said. “Maybe we should just go for an early night.” Brax raised his eyebrows before placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen and Brax pulled her away from the fridge, and more into him. Charlie wrapped her arms around his neck as the kiss intensified.

“So you are staying are you?” Charlie pulled back and looked into his eyes. “Don’t remember me asking you. Awfully presumptuous of you, no?” Charlie questioned.

“Uhm....I....eh....” Brax stuttered and Charlie laughed a little before she kissed him again, pushing him out of the kitchen and making their way to Charlie’s bedroom as the kissing intensified. Brax stared placing lots of soft delicate kisses onto Charlie’s neck as she undid the buttons on his shirt before throwing it down to the ground and digging her nails into his bare back as she moaned as his touch. Brax grunted hungrily as he lifted her singlet over her head before their lips found each other’s again. Charlie ran her hand down his bare chest and teasingly ran her hand over the rim of his combats before she undid the button, sliding her hand down and cupping him over his boxers. Brax felt a jolt going through his body as he moaned into her, the kiss intensifying as their tongues rolled around each other’s mouths. As Charlie felt him harden under her grip she pulled his combats from him before Brax quickly removed her shorts. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist and he walked over to the bed and threw her down before straddling over her and smacking his lips against hers. He broke off the kiss and began kissing down her neck till he reached her stomach. He placed a trail off kiss over her before going back north, kissing over her breasts. She sat up a little, allowing him to remove her bra before his boxers and her panties were hungrily ripped off. He cupped her cheek with his hand and they looked into each other’s eyes for a moment before they kissed, Charlie wrapping her arms around his neck as they lay back down in the bed, both of them moaning into each other.

Charlie gave a big stretch as she looked to the side, a huge smile on her face as she saw Brax laying sleeping, his chest moving up and down. She gently traced his ‘blood and sand’ tattoo with the tips of her fingers, smiling as she saw his face twitching at her touch. “Morning.” Brax smiled before opening his eyes as moving them in the direction she was.

“Hey.” Charlie smiled, before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on his lips. She lay back down, resting her head on Brax’s chest as he wrapped his arms around her. She relaxed into him, putting her hand on his stomach.

“So, new bed was a success.” Brax smiled cheekily.

“That was the most expensive sex I’ve ever had.” Charlie said and Brax laughed.

“Hope it was worth the money then?” Brax questioned jokingly.

“Worth every penny.” Charlie looked up at him with a smile as she raised her eyebrows. She kissed him once again before she cuddled back into him. Brax lightly ran the tips of his fingers around her shoulder in a circular motion.

“What time does Grace normally get up?” Brax questioned.

“Around 7,” Charlie answered looking to the clock and seeing it was 5 minutes to 7. “She’ll probably be through any minute now, actually,” Charlie said, sitting up in the bed. “Get your boxers on,” Charlie slapped his thigh before reaching under her pillow and pulling out an ivory coloured silky nightdress. Brax got out of the bed and searched for his boxers, finding them hanging over the edge of Charlie’s dresser. He put them on just in time as Grace came running into the room, Milly and Lola in her arms.

“Buddy,” Grace gave a little jump. “You here already?”

“Yeah,” Charlie got out of bed and walked over to her drawers and pulled out a clean pair of panties and put them on. “He came to make us pancakes for breakfast.” Charlie said and Brax looked at Charlie with a surprised reaction.

“Oh I did?” Brax cocked his head to the side and Charlie nodded and she hit his bum.

“C’mon to the kitchen you go.” Charlie said and Brax rubbed the back of his head before walking out of the room, following behind Grace and Charlie.

“Uhm...this is the guy who served you noodles and pasta sauce,” Brax said walking into the kitchen. “You sure you want me to make the pancakes?”

“Mmm hmm,” Charlie nodded as she opened the fridge and took out the milk and eggs. “Man of the houses job.” Charlie told him.

“Right,” Brax rubbed the back of his head as Charlie pulled out a mixing bowl from the cupboard. “Well I guess we’ll give this a go huh?” Brax questioned as he looked to Grace who Charlie lifted onto the worktop. Grace gave a little nod and Brax exhaled as he reached for the tub of flour, thinking it couldn’t be that hard to make some pancakes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments.

Fifty-one

Three months later

Charlie ran her hand over her stomach as she winced, a pain jolting through her. “You okay?” Brax questioned, closing the boot of the car. He had just put their suitcases into it as in a few hours time they would be going to the airport to go have two weeks in the sun, relaxing, seeing some sights and just taking it easy.

“Fine,” Charlie said walking back into the house where Grace was sitting watching Peppa Pig. Her Peppa Pig bag sitting beside her, ready to take on the plane. It had a colouring book, some crayons and her favourite Peppa Pig story book in it. Milly Monkeys head was sticking out of the bag as Lola ragdoll was in Grace’s arms. “You all ready for your holidays?” Charlie ruffled Grace’s hair.

“Yeah.” Grace looked up to her, her pink and purple Peppa Pig sunglasses already covering her eyes.

“You don’t need to wear them inside,” Charlie gave a little laugh. “They are for outside when you are in the sun.”

“I like em now.” Grace answered and Charlie gave her daughter a smile. She couldn’t believe she was already over 2 and a half. It felt like yesterday she was holding a newborn Grace in her arms. She couldn’t believe how quickly the time had gone.

“That’s us ready.” Brax said as he walked back into the house. Charlie gave him a smile, thinking Brax had gotten everything out to the car a few hours to early, but, it seemed he liked to be prepared.

“Come see Peppa,” Grace said as she patted the seat beside her. Brax smiled as he walked over and sat down next to the little girl. “You see this?” Grace pointed to the TV. “Peppa likes the beach.”

“Aww yeah,” Brax answered. “You can go to the beach everyday in Thailand huh?”

“Yeah.” Grace nodded her head.

“She can go to the beach everyday here,” Charlie gave a little laugh as she stood up and walked to the kitchen to grab herself a drink. “You want a drink?” Charlie questioned.

“Yes please mummy.” Grace answered and Charlie pulled out a juice box for her daughter before once again feeling cramping in her stomach. She clutched onto it and exhaled slowly as her teeth were gritted together. She brought her hand down as she felt a dampness between her legs. She moved her dress up slightly and put her hand between her legs, looking down at it to see a fair bit of blood.

“Brax,” Charlie shouted loudly causing Brax to jump up from the couch and look to his girlfriend. “What...I....”

“Oh Charlie,” Brax looked shocked as he saw the blood on her hand. “Where’s that from?” Brax questioned. “What have you done?” Brax checked her hand for a cut.

“It’s from my....” Charlie looked down and Brax did the same before widening his eyes.

“Okay eh....hospital. We need to take you to the hospital.” Brax said, leading Charlie out of the house as he shouted on Grace. She jumped down from the couch, Lola coming with her as she ran out behind Brax.

Ruby walked out of the train, lugging her case behind her. She took a deep breath as she looked around Melbourne station. It was the first time she was back since the drugs. The first time she was back since Andy. Xavier had always been the one to come back to the bay. It made more sense really, his family and friends were there but, Ruby knew at times she’d need to visit him too. She was going to be spending a long weekend in Melbourne with Xavier before both of them flew back to Sydney where Xavier would spend the rest of his July holidays in the bay with Gina, John, Dex, April and of course Ruby. “Rubes.” Ruby heard a voice before a pair of arms wrapped tightly around her.

“Hey.” Ruby pulled back and kissed her boyfriend.

“How was your trip?” Xavier questioned taking his case with one of his hands while he took hers in his other.

“Fine,” Ruby told him as they made their way out of the station. “How was your morning?”

“Eh,” Xavier gave a little laugh. “Been cleaning up the apartment,” Xavier said. “A young guy living on his own....” Xavier trailed off.

“Yeah,” Ruby gave a laugh. “Well as long as it’s clean now. Because I’m not cleaning up after you these next few days,” Ruby told him. “We’re supposed to be having fun.”

“I know,” Xavier said. “And I’ve cleaned the place, I promise.”

“Good,” Ruby smiled at him, seeing a glint in his eye. “What’s that look for?”

“Just happy you’re back here,” Xavier exhaled. “We can do things we wanted to do to before.....well before things changed the last time.” Xavier opened his car before he opened the boot, lifting in Ruby’s suitcase. They jumped into the car and Xavier drove out of the station, going towards their apartment.

“Mmm yeah,” Ruby smiled. “I really want to go to the aquarium.” Ruby said as she turned the radio up a little.

“Why?” Xavier scrunched his face up. “You can go to the aquarium in Sydney.”

“Yes dear but this is Melbourne aquarium and I want to go to Melbourne aquarium. I have not been there and I’ve been to Sydney’s one many a time.” Ruby told him.

“Okay,” Xavier gave a little laugh. “We can go to the aquarium. Anything else you want to do.”

“Uhm...” Ruby sucked in her bottom lip as she thought about what else she wanted to do. “Oh...Luna Park,” Ruby gave a squeal like an excited toddler. “I so want to go there.”

“Right,” Xavier laughed again. “The aquarium and Luna Park,” Xavier turned the corner in the car. “Then maybe I’ll take you to McDonalds for a happy meal.” Xavier spoke to her like she was a little kid.

“Hey,” Ruby slapped his leg. “We will have a great weekend then let’s see you mocking my choices.” Ruby said as Xavier gave a little laugh before continuing to drive back to the apartment.

Charlie was sitting in the hospital bed with Brax by her side, rubbing her hand as he held it in his. Nurse Julie had taken Grace to the canteen for some ice-cream, leaving Charlie and Brax to have some time alone. “I’m sorry.” Charlie spoke blankly as she kept staring out in front of her.

“Hey, this wasn’t your fault,” Brax exhaled sadly. “Sometimes things like this just happen.” Brax leaned down and moved her hair from her face.

“I didn’t even know,” Charlie said, shaking her head a little. “I....if I knew maybe I....” Charlie pursed her lips together. “Well I guess it doesn’t matter now. I lost the baby and....” Charlie clicked her tongue. “Yeah.”

“Hey.” Charlie and Brax looked up to see Sid walking into the room. Charlie had been given a D&C following her miscarriage and Sid wanted her to stay in for a little while longer, just for observation.

“Do eh, do you know how far along Charlie was?” Brax questioned, looking up to Sid, tears misting over his eyes as he thought about the fact that his baby was gone.

“It’s hard to tell,” Sid exhaled. “It was quiet early on. When were you next due a period?” Sid said as she looked to Charlie.

“A couple of days ago,” Charlie told him. “I eh....I didn’t stop taking the pill though, you know, for easiness with us going on holiday it’s just better not to have a period.”

“Right,” Sid gave a little nod. “That would put her around 4, 5 weeks.” Sid said and Brax nodded thankfully.

“So, can I go home now?” Charlie questioned. “We only have half an hour before we need to leave for the airport.”

“Charlie you don’t still want to go on holiday, do you?” Brax questioned.

“Why not?” Charlie asked. “It’s booked. It’s paid for. You want to upset Grace?” Charlie questioned and Brax shook his head.

“No, I don’t but we can see if we can change the dates,” Brax told her. “If we just tell them the circumstance they’ll understand.”

“No I am not going to ruin this for Grace. She is so excited. This is her first proper holiday Brax. This is her first time on an airplane,” Charlie exhaled. “Please Sid,” Charlie looked up at him. “Can I go now?”

“You are free to go,” Sid nodded a little. “But like Brax I think maybe you should move the holiday back. Take a few days to get over this and let the upset out.”

“I didn’t even know I was pregnant,” Charlie raised her voice. “There’s nothing to be....” Charlie trailed off, taking a deep breath. “If I can go, then, I’ll go.” Charlie stood up from the bed, looking for her clothes in the bedside cabinet.

“I go get the discharge papers.” Sid said as he left the room.

“Charlie,” Brax wiped his hand over his face as he walked to the side where Charlie was standing and put his hand onto her shoulder comfortingly. “It’s okay to -”

“Can you go get Grace?” Charlie questioned. Brax pursed his lips together, giving a little nod before leaving the room, not saying anything else. Charlie took a deep breath as she put her hand on her stomach. She exhaled before taking her hospital gown off and changing back into her clothes so she could leave.

Thank you Spotd1, Sarah, emmamurphy8 and pembie for the comments. :) Pembie, this wasn't actually the drama I had planned.... :P Still don't know if I am doing that. :wink:

Fifty-two

Charlie and Brax walked into the airport, Grace sitting on top of the suitcases that were on the trolley. “Oh hey,” Bianca pulled Charlie into a hug. “You’re here at last.”

“Sorry,” Charlie pursed her lips together as she pulled back. “Just ran a bit behind schedule.”

“You alright bro?” Heath questioned as he looked at his brother, seeing signs he’s been crying as his eyes were still a little puffy and red.

“Yeah fine, just didn’t really sleep much last night,” Brax lied, hoping this would stop Heath’s questions. He knew this wasn’t the time or the place to tell them and he knew Charlie would most likely get mad at him if he did anyways. “You excited for your holidays Luce?” Brax looked down to his niece who was stood holding her mother hand as she nodded her head.

“We play in water,” Lucy gave a little jump. “On holidays.”

“Yeah all the days.” Grace grinned up at Bianca and Heath.

“Ah monkey I love your glasses,” Heath pinched her cheek. “You look so cool.”

“Yeah,” Grace giggled as she pushed her Peppa Pig glasses into her face. “We go plane?” Grace said as she looked up at Charlie.

“Not yet,” Charlie answered. “We need to check-in then wait for the plane to be ready,” Charlie said, running her hand through her daughters ponytail. “A few more hours yet.”

“Wow it’s long for holidays.” Grace sighed sadly.

“We’ll be there soon enough monkey,” Brax patted Grace’s head. “Let’s just go get checked in yeah?”

“Yup.” Bianca agreed before they all walked up to the line to wait so they could check in for their flight for their holidays.

“Dinner.” Xavier shouted as he walked back into the apartment, walking down the hall to the kitchen.

“I hope tomorrow night you will treat you’re lovely girlfriend to something better than a take-away pizza,” Ruby sighed as she walked into the kitchen. “I come all this way and you don’t take me out for a romantic candlelit dinner.” Ruby tutted as she shook her head, teasing her boyfriend.

Xavier gave a little laugh. “We can go out tomorrow night,” Xavier told her. “Or Saturday or Sunday,” Xavier added. “Pick any place you want and I’ll book it later.” Xavier said, opening the pizza box and then box with cheesy garlic bread.

“Hmm,” Ruby considered this as she opened the fridge and pulled out some beers. “That cute little Thai place we loved back when I was here.”

“Thought you might have said that,” Xavier gave a little laugh. “Sounds great though. Like I say I’ll book it after dinner.”

“Sure,” Ruby joined him at the table. “Maybe we could go catch a movie after this.” Ruby picked up a slice of the pizza bringing it to her mouth, taking a bite.

“I was thinking we could have an early night,” Xavier said smiling suggestively at Ruby. “You know since we have a big day at the aquarium tomorrow.”

Ruby laughed a little. “Okay,” Ruby answered. “Guess we have time for the movies over the next few days,” Ruby tore off a piece of garlic bread before looking down to it. “You sure this was the way to go then if you want an early night?” Ruby questioned as her eyebrows rose.

Xavier laughed before taking a swig of his beer. “We’ll both be garlicky so it’s fine.” Xavier said and Ruby laughed as she looked lovingly at Xavier. Although at times it was hard, she was glad they kept at the long distance thing because she loved him so much and she would be forever grateful that he’d given her a second chance.

Heath and Brax were sat at the bar in the hotel. It was pretty late once they’d arrived and Bianca and Charlie took the girls up to bed, leaving the brothers to have a drink together, they were almost finished their first beer and Heath decided to ask him what he’d wanted to ask since the women left them. “So, everything alright with you and Charlie?” Heath questioned. “You hardly said a word to each other all the flight here. In fact apart from answering Grace or Lucy I don’t think Charlie opened her mouth.”

Brax took a drink of his beer if only to give him time to think of how he should answer. “Fine,” Brax sighed but he knew by the look on his brother’s face that everything wasn’t indeed fine. “She miscarried this morning.” Brax answered sadly.

“Bro,” Heath gasped in shock. “I am so sorry.”

“We didn’t even know,” Brax sighed. “But now she’s just carrying on as nothing happened,” Brax said. “I can’t push at her, it’ll just make things worse, but,” Brax clicked his tongue. “She needs to grieve.”

“She will in her own time,” Heath said before shaking his head and running his hand over his forehead. “Ahh this is....” Heath paused. “Bianca’s 8 weeks. We were going to tell you tomorrow.”

“Congrats bro,” Brax tried to sounds pleased for his brother but all he could think of was how come Bianca’s baby was okay and they’d just lost theirs. “But maybe hold off mentioning it eh.”

“Yeah of course,” Heath nodded. “I’m really sorry it’s happened this way.”

“Not your fault,” Brax cleared a lump in his throat before drinking the last of his beer. “Anyways, I’m going up.” Brax gestured out of the bar and Heath gave a little nod, finishing the last of his beer before leaving with his brother. They walked over to the lifts and went up to the thirteenth floor.

“Really am sorry bro.” Heath patted Brax’s arm and gave him a comforting smile. “See ya tomorrow.” Heath said before going into his room. Brax walked a few door down and opened the door on the opposite side of the hall to Heath and Bianca’s room. As he walked in the door immediately on the left was the bathroom. He walked down the rest of the hall and into the room that opened up. Charlie and Brax’s queen sized bed was in the centre of the wall, coming out into the room. They had a built in wardrobe to his right and there was a dresser and mirror to the left of the bed. After a bit of floor space there was a couch and coffee table facing a large TV. Just to the left of the couch was another door which walked though to a second room with two twin beds in and a door to the second bathroom. Passed the couch were the doors to the balcony and this is where Brax found Charlie, leaning against the railing looking out into the dark of the night, a glass of wine in her, the little bottle taken from the mini bar sitting on the balcony table.

“Grace get down alright?” Brax questioned. Charlie gave a little nod before taking a dink of her wine. He exhaled as he took a bottle of beer from the mini bar, twisting the cap off and flinging it down to the coffee table. “Give you some company,” Brax said walking out onto the balcony and hitting his bottle against Charlie’s glass. Charlie looked up at Brax, briefly, before looking back out to the dark of the night. “It’s okay to cry, Charlie,” Brax spoke tentatively before taking a deep breath. “I know this wasn’t planned but you still lost our child,” Brax said pausing to take in the look on Charlie’s face, trying to see how she would react but she looked pretty expressionless. She just stared blankly into the night. “I wish....I wish we had more of a reason why this happened though.”

“What? Me getting pregnant or me losing the baby?” Charlie questioned, raising her voice as she turned to face him, putting her wine glass on the table. “I got pregnant because you didn’t wear a condom and the pill failed,” Charlie said. “That’s the only reason and why I lost the baby?” Charlie held her hands out to the side as she shook her head. “Well sh*t happens but what good is crying going to do because it certainly can’t bring the baby back,” Charlie said. “So what’s the point? It would be stupid to cy over something that we didn’t even know we had in the first place.”

“But it was our child,” Brax sighed, his eyes already starting to mist over in tears. “It’s alright to be upset. It’s okay to cry and grieve the child we lost.”

“I lost,” Charlie smacked her hand against her chest. “I was the one who would have been responsible for that child growing inside me. It was my fault.”

“Charlie,” Brax shook his head moving closer to her. “It wasn’t your fault. Okay, this.....no one can control a miscarriage.” Brax put his hand onto her cheek and rubbed it gently.

“Stop being so nice,” Charlie batted his hand away. “Why are you always so nice and sweet and caring? Charlie questioned. “Can’t you play the jerk for once?” Charlie questioned before walking back into the room and across to the bathroom, Brax jumping as he heard the bathroom door slamming shut.

Thank you Chax, emmamurphy8, Spotd1, Sarah, RoRo90 and beebee for the comments. :)

Fifty-three

Grace was running around Charlie’s bathroom as she was brushing her teeth, almost ready to go meet Heath, Bianca and Lucy for some breakfast. Grace, upon seeing the room properly for the first time, since she was straight to bed when they got in, stopped as she saw the bidet. “What’s this?” Grace asked, leaning down at putting her hands over it.

“That is a bidet.” Charlie told her daughter, looking down to her, amused at how interested Grace was in it.

“What’s a biday?” Grace asked looking up at her mother.

“It’s uhm....to wash your bum.” Charlie told her daughter and Grace burst into a fit of laughter.

“Really?” Grace asked and Charlie nodded. Grace kept giggling as she ran out of the bathroom and through to the one in the room in which she was sleeping. “I got a bum wash,” Grace jumped up and down as Charlie walked into the bathroom, laughing at how excited her daughter was over a bidet. “Buddy,” Grace yelled for Brax. “Buddy,” Grace ran out of her bathroom and into the main room. “Where he?” Grace looked up to Charlie as she walked in behind her.

“He’s gone out for a surf before breakfast,” Charlie said, Brax having left early in the morning, telling Charlie he needed to clear his head. “Why?”

“I see him my biday.” Grace pouted sadly, upset her buddy wasn’t around to see the bidet.

“You can show him later,” Charlie ruffled her daughters hair. “You hungry?” Charlie questioned.

“Uh-huh.” Grace gave a little nod.

“Good because we are going for breakfast,” Charlie said picking up her beach bag and throwing it over her shoulder before picking up Grace’s bag that was now filled with beach toys. “You want to wear your bag?” Charlie questioned and Grace nodded. Charlie smiled at her daughter as she put the bag on her shoulders before grabbing the key and taking Grace’s hand and they left the room, ready to meet the others for breakfast.

Ruby and Xavier were at the aquarium, like Ruby had wished to do. They were walking hand in hand, looking at the fish as they passed. They’d already made a stop in the gift shop and Ruby was carrying around an orange seahorse teddy. “So, you get that for Grace?”

“No,” Ruby sounded shocked he’d even asked such a thing. “It’s for me. Grace has enough stuffed animals already.”

“Right,” Xavier gave a little laugh. “You got a name for her?”

“It’s a him,” Ruby corrected. “And his name is Sammy Seahorse.”

“Sammy seahorse,” Xavier rolled his eyes. “I hope you don’t plan on bringing him to bed tonight.” Xavier gave a little laugh but also sounded a little serious.

“Well actually....” Ruby looked around to him. “Think he’ll be more cuddly than you so, yeah I think I will.”

Xavier gasped in mock offence before ticking Ruby’s side. She gave a girly squeal as she moved to the side. Xavier looked into her eyes and laughed before they shared a kiss.

“Well I think Sammy Seahorse will be too young to see what I plan on doing to you tonight.” Xavier raised his eyebrows.

“And here’s me thinking last night would have tired you out.” Ruby grinned cheekily.

“Nah,” Xavier shook his head. “I haven’t seen you in over a month, we’ve got lots of catching up to do.” Xavier grinned before kissing her once more.

“Hmm,” Ruby raised her eyebrows. “Well, Sammy Seahorse I think it might be the couch for you tonight.” Ruby said as she looked down to the teddy.

“Don’t worry bud, it’s comfy.” Xavier said as he patted it’s head. Ruby laughed before she looked to the sign they’d seemed to had stopped beside.

“Ohhh penguins, let’s go.” Ruby shouted as he dragged Xavier through the door, Xavier laughing at her excitement.

Charlie was laying on the sun lounger, soaking in the sun. Bianca and Heath were in one of the big swimming pools with Lucy and Brax had taken Grace to the kiddie pool. Charlie turned her head and watched as Brax chased Grace around the water, Grace giggling with delight. She gave a weak smile as her hand unintentionally ran over her stomach. She took a deep breath before getting up from the sun lounger and walking over to the kiddie pool. She took a seat on the edge, stretching her legs out into the water. “I’m sorry.” Charlie spoke quietly.

Brax looked down to her and exhaled before taking a seat next to her, Grace continuing to run around by herself. “First time I’ve been told off for being a nice guy.”

“I don’t deserve you, Brax.” Charlie pursed her lips together as she bowed her head down.

“Of course you do,” Brax started to rub her lower back. “You’re amazing and I don’t want you ever thinking otherwise,” Brax spoke softly. “I’m lucky to have you.”

“You think?” Charlie questioned. “Even after I lost our child?” Charlie played with her hands as she looked away from Brax.

“That wasn’t your fault,” Brax continued to rub her back. “Sometimes stuff like that just happens. It’s out of your control.”

Charlie pursed her lips together, looking back up at Brax. “I’m sick of grieving,” Charlie did her best to hold back tears. “I’ve already lost both of my parents. I’ve had to bury my husband and now I’ve lost a child,” Charlie said her voice in a slight squeak. “That’s enough for anyone’s lifetime.”

“I know,” Brax kept rubbing her back. “You’ve had a hard draw,” Brax exhaled. “But you have Rubes and Grace and.....me,” Brax added quietly. “You still get to be happy.”

“Yeah,” Charlie wiped her hand across her eye. “It would have been too early for us anyways,” Charlie said. “We’ve only been together 6 months on Monday.” Charlie looked up to Brax as a tear escaped her eye. “It wasn’t the right time.”

“Maybe not,” Brax exhaled. “But we still would have loved that child.” Brax took a deep breath to stop his eyes misting over.

“Goes without saying,” Charlie mumbled as Brax wiped his thumbs across her cheeks, drying the tears away. “But I want to enjoy this holiday. I don’t want to ruin it by being upset over what we now don’t have.”

“I know,” Brax gave a little nod. “And we can enjoy this holiday but we’re still allowed to have some time to grieve for the baby.” Brax sniffed back as he felt his eyes stinging with tears. Charlie brought her hand up and wiped it under his eyes.

“Is you sad?” Grace questioned as she put on of her little hands on Charlie’s knee and the other on Brax’s.

“Aww we’re just being silly,” Charlie sniffed back as she turned to face her daughter, lifting her up onto her knee. “You enjoying the water?”

Grace nodded her head. “We go big pool?” Grace pointed to where Heath, Bianca and Lucy were.

“Yeah but you’ll need to use your rubber ring and put your arm bands on,” Charlie said as she and Brax stood up and she put Grace down onto the floor. Grace started to run towards the sun loungers. “Just walk.” Charlie raised her voice and Grace slowed down as Charlie and Brax walked behind her. Grace picked up her Peppa Pig arm bands and ran back to Charlie needing her to help put them on.

“It not up.” Grace pointed to the rubber ring, which was clear but the inside had pink around the bottom and yellow fish on it.

“Buddy.” Grace pointed to it before looking up to Brax.

“Looks like blowing it up is your job.” Charlie laughed, hitting his chest before putting the armbands on Grace. Brax exhaled before picking up the rubber ring and beginning to blow it up.

Thank you Sarah, beebee, Spotd1, emmamurphy8 and pembie for the comments. :)

Fifty-four

Brax and Heath had taken the girls in the ocean and Bianca and Charlie stayed by the pool, laying on the sun loungers. “Nice to get away and have a bit of a break huh?” Bianca questioned.

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. “Kinda wish Ruby would have came though, but I can understand her wanting to spend her holidays from uni with her boyfriend,” Charlie exhaled. “And she is almost 19 too, so, maybe she doesn’t want to come on holiday with her mum anymore.”

“I’m sure if Xavier wasn’t in the picture she’d be here,” Bianca answered. “And I know if Ruby was coming April would have too,” Bianca gave a little laugh and watched as Charlie managed a weak smile. “Everything alright?” Bianca sat up on the sun lounger and faced her friend, sittings sideways.

“Fine.” Charlie replied. Bianca ran her hand over her stomach as she pursed her lips together. Heath had told her what had happened and although she’d wanted to tell her friends about her baby, she knew she should wait a little longer, until Charlie was in a better place.

“Look, Charlie I know about the.....well, I.....” Bianca trailed off, not really sure if she should mention it or not.

“Brax told you, didn’t he?” Charlie didn’t sound mad. She understood Brax was hurting too and he probably just wanted to talk to someone.

“He mentioned it to Heath,” Bianca answered. “And Heath let me know. I’m really sorry.”

“Not your fault,” Charlie sat up and sat facing Bianca. “Sh*t just happens,” Charlie sighed. “We can...” Charlie bit her lip before giving a little shrug. “Well maybe in the future.” Charlie stopped talking but Bianca knew what she was getting at.

“Of course,” Bianca said. “Grace will be a great big sister and she’s really forming such a strong bond with Brax,” Bianca gave a little smile. “You can be a great family.”

“Yeah,” Charlie exhaled sounding unsure.

“You don’t think so?” Bianca questioned, knowing by her friends tone Charlie had something on her mind.

“I do,” Charlie nodded. “It’s just, well we’ve been together only 6 months and this is....it’s hard for any couple to get through but us....” Charlie bit her lip. “It’s hard enough already, you know, with me having the whole Angelo history and I still can’t say the L word to him. Every time he tells me all I can manage is I do too or me too.” Charlie exhaled.

“Well that is one way of saying it,” Bianca said. “I’m sure eventually it’ll come. It’ll probably pop out when you least expect it too.”

“Maybe,” Charlie forced a smile. “I hope so. I want to be able to tell him.”

“You will one day,” Bianca leaned forward and rubbed her friends arm. “And Charlie, it’ll be easier to get through this if you grieve together.” Charlie exhaled as she nodded her head, knowing Bianca was right.

“Anyways,” Charlie stood up from the sun lounger. “Let’s go join our men and kiddies in the water.” Charlie said putting her flip flops onto her feet as Bianca stood up and put her own on and followed her friend as she made her way to the ocean.

Ruby and Xavier were still in the aquarium, grabbing a bit of lunch before continuing around the rest of it. “Wonder what mum and them are up to.” Ruby said as they took a seat at a free table.

“Probably sunning it up,” Xavier said putting a chip in his mouth. “They’re hot,” Xavier waved his hand in front of his face as he swallowed and Ruby laughed at him. “But yeah they’ll be lazing by the pool or the beach.” Xavier said before taking a drink of his soda.

“Yeah,” Ruby agreed. “Aww I bet Grace and Lucy are having a blast.”

“Yeah. I’m a little jealous. Wish I was in Thailand.” Xavier sighed.

“Xaiver,” Ruby gasped. “I am offended. I travelled all the way here to spend a weekend with my boyfriend and he wishes he was elsewhere.” Ruby shook her head.

“In Thailand with you of course,” Xavier leaned forward and took her hand in his. “But being here with you is also great. We’ve have a great time so far and it’ll keep getting better.” Xavier smiled as he rubbed her hand.

“Hmmm,” Ruby mocked offence. “Nope I think for that you’ll need to by Sammy Seahorse here a friend.” Ruby said holding the seahorse up that was on her knee.

“Oh really?” Xavier questioned and Ruby nodded as she grinned at her boyfriend, this weekend was so far going amazingly and she only hoped that that would continue.

Brax turned around in the bed, reaching his hand out, expecting to find Charlie there beside him but he was met with an empty bed. He screwed his face up as he got out of the bed and walked over to the balcony doors, seeing they were open and Charlie was outside, looking into the dark of the night. “You okay?” Brax questioned. Charlie sniffed back and turned to face Brax as he walked outside. He didn’t say anything, instead he just opened his arms out and Charlie walked into a hug. He wrapped his arms tight around her, rubbing her back as they both cried for their loss.

“I am so sorry.” Charlie spoke after a good 5 minutes of them just staying in the embrace.

“Not your fault,” Brax whispered as they pulled back. Brax wiped the tears from Charlie’s cheeks before she did the same for him. “And you know...” Brax paused for a moment. “When it’s the right time, maybe we could try again,” Brax said. “Maybe we could even do this properly and wait till after marriage.”

Charlie widened her eyes in shock. “You want us to marry?”

“Well not right now,” Brax answered. “But, in the future. Don’t you think about our future?”

“Yeah but,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “Never marriage. We’re together and....” Charlie shook her head. “I have a husband. I’ve had a wedding and when I married him I married him for life,” Charlie exhaled. “I’m sorry but I don’t want to get married again.”

“Oh,” Brax rubbed the back of his head feeling a little disappointed. “What about children?” Brax questioned. “Do you want more kids?”

“I always thought Angelo and I would have had another by now,” Charlie told him. “Or I’d at least be pregnant,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “I want more children. I’ll give you a footy team worth if it’s what you want, but, I’m sorry, I don’t want to get married again.”

Brax clicked his tongue as he nodded slightly. “But kids,” Brax said. “You want a whole footy team?”

“Well no,” Charlie gave a little laugh. “But I’d have two or three more.”

“That sounds good to me,” Brax smiled. Of course he’d like to get married to Charlie one day, but, if it was something she really didn’t want and they were still going to have kids together then he’d give up on the marriage part of life and he saw kids as a bigger commitment anyways. He also figured it was only 19 months since Angelo had died and maybe a few years down the line Charlie would feel different about marriage. “Now you coming back to bed?” Brax questioned and Charlie gave a little nod, following him back into the room. Brax closed and locked the balcony door before walking over to the bed as Charlie was getting into her side. He got into bed also, smiling as Charlie moved closer to him, resting her head on his chest. Brax kissed her forehead as he wrapped his arm around her and they snuggled in to sleep.

Thank you for the comments. :)

Fifty-five

Charlie, Brax, Heath, Bianca and the girls were going on a boat trip to a little island that had crystal clear waters and white sand. They would get time to relax there and have a barbeque lunch and on the way there they had a chance to snorkel and were told that they may see some dolphins. “I wanna go,” Lucy pointed to the boat as she jumped up and down impatiently. “See dolphinses.”

“We’ll be boarding soon.” Bianca told her daughter as she put her hand on her chest as she swallowed back, feeling a little nausea hit her.

“We really see dolphinses?” Grace asked as she looked up at her mother.

“We might,” Charlie answered, running her hand through Grace’s chocolate brown ponytail. “But you can still go into the water and we can see some fish.”

“Cool,” Grace answered. “Will you buddy?” Grace looked up at Brax, her eyes all wide.

“Of course.” Brax nodded.

“You take me hand okays?” Grace said. “You and mummy no leave me.” Grace shook her head seemingly worried she was going to be left in the middle of the sea all alone.

“We’re not going to leave you.” Charlie said as Grace hugged into her leg.

“No.” Grace said, continuing to cuddle into her mother.

“You no leave me?” Lucy copied Grace’s question as she look up at her father.

“Yup I’ll throw you in with the sharks.” Heath laughed down at his daughter, but Lucy clearly didn’t appreciate this joke and her bottom lip trembled as she ran over to her mother, pulling on her hands, wanting lifted up.

“Mummy,” Lucy sounded like she was about to cry as Bianca lifted her into her arms. “Tell daddy no.” Lucy hid her head into Bianca’s shoulder.

“Daddy is only trying to be funny,” Bianca rubbed her daughters back. “We won’t leave you anywhere.”

“No,” Lucy turned her head to look at Heath. “Not funny.”

“Aww but I bet you’ll like seeing all the cool fish,” Charlie smiled in Lucy’s direction. “You might find Nemo and Dory fish.”

“Wow,” Lucy’s eyes lit up. “Is it true?” Lucy looked to Bianca for confirmation.

“Yeah you might,” Bianca answered. “I’m sure there’s lots of cool fish for you to see.”

“We see’s Squirts too?” Grace questioned, looking up at Bianca, Bianca talking a minute to see she was on about the turtle from Finding Nemo.

“Oh I don’t know about turtles.” Bianca said and Grace gave a little frown.

“Theys my best fisheses,” Grace pouted. “Buddy you find one,” Grace said as she pointed to Brax. Brax gave a nervous laugh, not sure he was going to be able to complete the challenge. “Okay?”

“I’ll try my hardest monkey.” Brax bent down and ruffled her hair. Grace gave him a smile before she started dancing around, excited for her trip. Lucy moved in Bianca’s arms and she put her down on the ground as she ran over to Grace and the girls danced around together singing about seeing Nemo fishes. The adults laughed at them as they waited in the hot Thai sun to board the boat for their trip.

Ruby and Xavier were at Luna Park, Ruby having just bought some candyfloss as they walked around the park. “So,” Ruby said, pulling some candyfloss from the stick and putting it into her mouth. “What you want to go on next?”

Xavier gave a little shrug. “Whatever you want babe.”

“Hmm,” Ruby pursed her lips together. “How about the carousel?” Ruby gave a little jumped, pointing over to it. “They are fun.”

Xavier gave a little laugh at Ruby excitement for what he always saw as a kiddie ride. “Sure.” They walked over to it and waited in line as it was currently running.

“Oh my God Ruby.” Ruby turned around as she heard her name being yelled.

“Nina,” Ruby was taken aback as Nina’s arms flung around her in a hug. “Wow...hey.”

“Hey, how have you been?” Nina asked, waiting in line with Dave and a little boy of around Grace’s age.

“Fine....good, you?” Ruby asked.

“Good yeah,” Nina said as Ruby and Dave exchanged smiles. “What you doing back in Melbourne? You coming back here?”

“Nah nah, I’m just visiting for a weekend,” Ruby said. “With the boyfriend.”

“Oh hey, Xavier right?” Nina held her hand out and Xavier shook her hand before doing the same with Dave. Nina and Ruby occasionally still spoke over facebook and sent the odd text.

“This is Nina and Dave.” Ruby told him as he looked a bit confused.

“Ah.” Xavier nodded.

“So, you two are finally a couple huh?” Ruby questioned, recalling Nina’s recent update to facebook to being in a relationship with David Patterson.

“Yeah.” Nina smiled before Ruby looked down to the little boy, who was standing next to Dave.

“My nephew,” Dave told her. “Have him for the day so thought we’d do something fun, huh mate?” Dave tickled his sides and the boy laughed as he nodded. “So, uhm, if you fancy we’ve got a party on tonight.”

“Oh uhm...” Ruby pursed her lips together and looked around to Xavier who just shrugged his shoulders.

“Could head for a little bit.” Xavier said and Ruby was rather surprised. Although the drugs thing wasn’t their fault, Ruby didn’t think he’d want her being around any of her old mates from that time.

“Will Andy be there?” Ruby questioned, looking back to Nina.

“Oh, uhm I’d expected he’d turn up, yeah.” Nina gave a little nod before pursing her lips together.

“Right well...” Ruby paused. “It’s probably best we don’t go then, right?” Ruby looked up to Xavier.

Xavier rubbed the back of his head as she shrugged. “Not like you still like him, right?” Xavier questioned and Ruby shook her head. “Look, I think a party could be fun and these guys are your friends,” Xavier said. “We should go.”

Ruby widened her eyes in surprise. “Okay, well I guess yeah, we’ll come.”

“Cool, I’ll text you the details.” Nina said before the line moved forward, it now being their turn to go on the carousel. Ruby watched as Xavier climbed up on the horse as she got on the one next to him, still in shock that he seemed to want to go to this party.

Bianca and Charlie threw the snorkel equipment into the bucket before walking back over to their things, picking up their towels and drying down their bodies. Brax and Heath were still in the water with the girls, who were lying on boogie boards with a window in the top so they could see under the water, the girls also wearing life jackets to keep them safer. “They’re having a blast.” Charlie smiled as she watched the girls, being pushed on the boogie boards by Brax and Heath as they looked to the fish, the girls telling each other what they were spotting.

“Yeah,” Bianca smiled as she wrapped her towel around her before sitting down on the boat, sitting sideways so she could look out to Lucy better. “Glad they saw a Nemo fish,” Bianca gave a little laugh. “All they need to find now is Dory.”

Charlie laughed as she sat down next to her friend. “And turtles and dolphins.” Charlie said.

“Well they’ll be very lucky if they see those too,” Bianca said, her hand unintentionally rubbing her stomach and Charlie seemed to notice this. “So you and Brax seem a lot closer this morning.” Bianca gave a little smile.

“We talked last night,” Charlie told her friend. “And not just about the baby we lost,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “We had a little talk about our future and....” Charlie exhaled. “We’re good.”

“Good,” Bianca smiled. “It’s nice to see you happy.”

Charlie smiled as she looked out to the water where Brax had his hand on Grace’s back as she was leaning up slightly, looking up at him and laughing at whatever it was he was saying to her. “I am. I am so happy with Brax and I love how great he is with my girls, especially Grace, but,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “Is it wrong of me to wish sometimes that it was Angelo making Grace laugh and not Brax?”

“I don’t think it’ll ever be wrong of you to wish Angelo was here for his daughter.” Bianca told her.

“No,” Charlie bit her lip. “But she does have the next best thing,” Charlie exhaled watching as Grace leaned up and kissed Brax’s lips. “I’m so glad we have him in our lives.”

“I think he’s pretty glad you’ve let him in too,” Bianca said, watching as Brax pushed Grace on the boogie board, Heath beside him with their daughter. “He always looks so happy these days.”

Charlie gave a little smile. Sometimes she still found it hard, but, she figured that may be with her a while yet, after all it hadn’t even been two years since Angelo died and she thought getting herself into a sexual relationship with someone else was good enough progress anyways from what she felt like only 6 months before hand, before her and Brax had started dating. She exhaled before looking back to Bianca who was one again rubbing her stomach. “Bianca,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, anything.” Bianca gave a little nod.

“Are you pregnant?” Charlie asked and Bianca’s eyes widened, shocked that Charlie seemed to know.

“What makes you ask that?” Bianca asked.

“Well I know you’ve been trying for a while for a second baby and you’ve not had your coffee with breakfast or any alcohol since you’ve got here,” Charlie said. “You looked a bit off this morning and I’ve noticed that you often touch your stomach and I’ve seen Heath doing it a few times as well,” Charlie exhaled. “So, are you?” Bianca pursed her lips together as she gave a little nod. “That’s fantastic news,” Charlie beamed. “Why didn’t you say anything?”

“We were going too,” Bianca explained. “The first day we were here but then we found out about you’re...” Bianca trailed off and Charlie gave a nod of understanding.

“I get it,” Charlie gave her friend a thankful smile. “I guess I can see why you wanted to hold off, but, I’d still always be happy for you,” Charlie said before leaning forward and pulling her friend into a hug. “Congratulations.” Charlie said as they remained in the embrace.

Thanks for the comments. :wub:

Fifty-six

Charlie, Bianca and Brax watched in amusement as the girls threw sand over Heath as he laid on the beach, the girls deciding that he needed to be buried. “You make sure you are burying him good.” Bianca instructed and the girls looked up at her briefly.

“Oh yes,” Grace nodded. “Then buddy.”

“What?” Brax gasped. “Why do you want to bury me?”

“You no find turtleses.” Grace replied, throwing clumps of sand over Heath’s leg.

“Aww I’m sure he tried his best,” Charlie said looking from her daughter to Brax, giving him a smile. “Right?”

“Of course I did.” Brax said but Grace and Lucy just frowned at him.

“No,” Lucy shook her head. “You’s next Bax.” Lucy said as she threw sand over her dad’s chest. Charlie raised her eyebrows at him and gave a little laugh.

“It’s actually quiet relaxing.” Heath gave a little laugh as he was enjoying just laying back in the sun, not minding that the girls were burying him.

“Well I think that we should bury the girls next,” Brax said. “What do you think, mum?” Brax questioned, looking to Charlie as he put his hand on her thigh.

“Hmm,” Charlie nodded. “Yeah I think monkey needs to be buried.”

“No no,” Grace shook her head. “We bury you’s,” Grace kept throwing sand on Heath as she spoke. “You’s no us.” Grace sounded firm when she spoke, making it clear she was not to be buried. Charlie gave a little laugh before looking to Bianca.

“You okay watching her, yeah?” Charlie said and Bianca gave a little nod, before Charlie stood to her feet, wiping sand down from her bum. She looked to Brax and held her hand out and Brax looked a little confused but took her hand into his and stood up. They started walking away from the others, walking down towards the ocean.

“Everything okay?” Brax questioned.

“Fine,” Charlie answered. “Just wanted a little walk,” Charlie turned so they started walking along the beach, their feet getting wet every now and then as the waves lapped over the shoreline where they were walking. Brax smiled at her, keeping a hold of her hand. “You know Bianca is pregnant?”

“Heath mentioned it,” Brax exhaled. “You alright?”

Charlie gave a little shrug. “I’m happy for them,” Charlie said. “They’ve been trying for while so I am pleased it’s finally happened, it’s just....”

“How does she get to be pregnant when we lost our baby?” Brax said, wondering if this is what Charlie was getting at.

“I...” Charlie paused. “I just have this feeling deep, deep down and....I....I think I’m jealous.” Charlie stopped walking and looked up to face her boyfriend.

“It would be understandable,” Brax rubbed her cheek with his hand. “You’ve just lost a baby and then your best friend tells you she is pregnant.” Brax exhaled.

“I guess,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “You won’t tell her, will you?”

“Of course not,” Brax continued to rub her cheek. “And one day we’ll be the ones with the baby on the way and she might be the jealous one. Especially if we make one as cute as monkey.”

Charlie gave a little smile. “Are you saying Lucy isn’t cute?”

“Of course not, I just....I....” Brax stuttered and Charlie gave a little laugh.

“C’mon, let’s go for a swim.” Charlie took his hand back in hers and led him into the ocean.

“Mummy look,” Grace shouted out as she pointed to the dolphin as it peaked out the water ever so slightly. After burying people, a barbeque lunch, swimming and relaxing, they’d got gotten back on the boat, making their way back to the harbour, but not before doing a spot of dolphin finding. “Wow.”

“Yeah it’s cool huh?” Charlie was standing behind Grace as she was stood on the seats, her hands on the railings of the boat. Charlie’s hands were wrapped around her daughter’s stomach and her head was next to Grace, Charlie cuddling Grace close to her.

“Lucy,” Grace banged her hand on the railing. “They’re here.”

“I see them,” Lucy and Bianca were standing similarly to Grace and Charlie. “See mummy.” Lucy pointed out to the dolphins.

“Yeah, there’s lots huh?”Bianca placed a kiss on Lucy’s temple as Brax appeared back over to them.

“Aww wow look at all the dolphins who’s come to say hello to you.” Brax smiled down at the girls.

“No buddy,” Grace shouted at him. “You no see them.”

“Ah why not?” Brax pouted, faking upset.

“You no find us turtleses.” Grace told him.

“I’m ever so sorry,” Brax exhaled. “Maybe I’ll just have to give these ice-creams to someone else then,” Brax exhaled looking down to the two cones of strawberry ice-cream he’d been away to buy. “Charlie and Bianca, you want them?”

“I wouldn’t mind.” Charlie said taking one from Brax and Bianca took the other. The girls looked to the ice-creams, looking a little shocked that their mothers took a lick.

“No buddy you see,” Grace pointed out to the dolphins. “You can.”

“Yeah Bax, you see ‘em,” Lucy said, pointing to the group of dolphins. “Look.”

Brax gave a laugh as he looked to the girls before looking out to the dolphins. Charlie and Bianca gave the girls their ice-cream before wrapping their arms back around their daughters, as they stood and watched the dolphins.

“Seems like the ice-cream only worked momentarily as forgiveness for you not finding the turtles.” Charlie laughed as she walked out of the room where Grace was sleeping, having put her to bed for the night. She walked out onto the balcony and took a seat next to Brax, watching as he poured two glasses from a bottle of wine. "She's still not best pleased with you."

“Why’s she blaming me?” Brax exhaled.

“Cos you’re her buddy,” Charlie laughed once again. “And seems you’ve let her down, big time,” Charlie picked up the wine glass and took a drink. “Not a good move, Darryl.”

“Darryl?” Brax raised his eyebrows.

“Mmm.” Charlie gave a little nod.

“Well I need to find a way to make it up to them huh?” Brax rubbed his forehead.

“They’ll probably have forgotten about it by tomorrow,” Charlie exhaled before pursing her lips together. “Brax, are we.....are we going to be okay?” Charlie questioned and Brax looked at her, perplexed.

“Of course we are,” Brax answered. “What makes you ask that?”

“Just....” Charlie sighed. “I lose the baby then I tell you I don’t want to get married and you looked crushed,” Charlie said. “I....I don’t want to stop your dreams from coming true.” Charlie bowed her head down and Brax stood up from the chair and walked over to her and knelt down before her.

“You are my dreams,” Brax lifted her head up to face him before rubbing her cheek. “I love you and I want to be with you. You and Grace and Rubes and the footy team worth of kids you are going to give me,” Brax said and Charlie managed a little laugh. “But of course we’re going to be okay, you don’t need to worry.”

“It’s just.....these two weeks were going to be a sort of challenge for our relationship anyways, you know because we are going to be together practically 24/7 for two whole weeks and....it’s new deal in a relationship and then with the baby and the marriage stuff on top of that...” Charlie bit her lip. “I don’t want us to....fall out.”

“We won’t fall out,” Brax rubbed her arm. “We’re talking through the baby stuff and we’ve sorted the marriage thing and we’re having too good a time to fall out, right?” Brax questioned and Charlie gave a shy nod. “And if you need grieve this baby more then, just talk to me, okay?” Brax said. Charlie gave a mumbled as a reply before Brax pulled her into a hug, letting some tears fall for the child she lost, Brax holding her as she let it out, bit by bit.

Thank you emmamurphy8, Sarah, RoRo90, beebee and pembie fror the comments. :D

Fifty-seven

Ruby and Xavier were walking to the party. Ruby took a deep breath before she stopped walking and turned to face her boyfriend. “Do you really want to go?” Ruby asked.

“I thought it might be fun.” Xavier questioned. “Don’t you?”

“It’ll just be weird,” Ruby exhaled. “Andy will be there and you. You and Andy in the same room.”

“Yeah I know,” Xavier exhaled. “But I trust you.”

“And can I trust you?” Ruby questioned and Xavier screwed his face up. “Well you don’t want to go to this party to have words with Andy, do you?”

“What, no,” Xavier answered, but he didn’t sound very believable. “Okay I probably would have if this party was soon after this happened but it was almost 6 months ago now,” Xavier exhaled. “It’s in the past and I want to leave it there. I love you and I trust you and Nina and Dave seem like nice people.”

“They still smoke pot,” Ruby told him. “And most likely everyone else at this party will,” Ruby said. “You sure you’ll be okay with that?”

“It doesn’t mean we have to do it and just because they smoke pot sometimes I still think we could be friends,” Xavier said. “They do seem like nice people.”

Ruby gave a little laugh. “Right a trainee cop hanging out with a bunch of pot smokers,” Ruby’s laughter increased. “It doesn’t sound right, does it?”

“I guess not,” Xavier laughed. “So you want to blow the party off then?” Xavier could see Ruby wasn’t really keen for the idea.

“I just don’t want to see Andy,” Ruby exhaled, not wanting to run into him again. “I would go if he wasn’t but....he’ll be there so...”

“I guess you don’t want run into the guy who got you into pot and well, worse,” Xavier exhaled. “And you did sleep with him. I’m stupid for agreeing to go here,” Xavier ran his hand through his hair. “How about we go to a pub for a few drinks ourselves?” Xavier questioned and Ruby smiled, liking that idea better than having to go to the party and face Andy and the possibility of being offered pot because right now, Angelo wasn’t far from her mind and she wasn’t sure what she would do if they situation arose.

Charlie and Bianca were sitting at the edge of the pool, their legs dangling into the water. Heath had Lucy and Grace in the pool with him, holding the girls, one under each arm as he span round and round, the girls giggling with delight. “Faster daddy.” Lucy said between the giggles.

“Oh no I think daddy actually needs a break.” Heath breathed heavily as he stopped spinning round and walked slowly back over to Charlie and Bianca. Charlie taking hold of Grace as Heath let go of her and Grace put her arms over Charlie’s legs, her big blue eyes widening as she smiled up at her mother.

“Where’s buddy?” Grace questioned as Heath lifted Lucy out the pool before he got out himself. He walked over to their sun loungers and dried himself of a little with his towel and Lucy ran to Bianca’s side and sat down next to her, frowning when her feet only just managed to make it into the water.

“He left.” Charlie said and Grace widened her eyes, looking rather shocked as she continued to float in the water, being held up by her mother’s legs.

“Why?” Grace questioned.

“Because you and Lucy wouldn’t talk to him over breakfast,” Charlie answered. “You upset him.” Charlie said as she ran her hand over Grace’s hair.

“No,” Grace sounded upset. “I no.” Grace shook her head.

“I no do it,” Lucy said leaning forward and looking to her left to look at Charlie. “Ay no?” Lucy put her hand on Bianca’s leg to steady herself.

“You did,” Bianca answered. “Poor Brax getting a hard time from you girls.”

“I want him ‘ere,” Grace pouted sadly as Charlie saw her eyes misting over. “Mummy.” Grace bowed her head down sadly and sounded like she was about to cry.

Charlie laughed as she lifted Grace up and sat her on her knee. “Brax has gone into town,” Charlie said and Grace wiped her hand across her eyes. “He’ll be back.”

“Kay.” Grace sniffed back.

“Aww you are so mean almost making your 2 and a half year old cry,” Bianca playfully slapped Charlie’s arm before looking down to Grace. “Think we should push mummy in the water for that huh?” Bianca said as she rubbed Grace’s cheek with her index finger. Grace gave a big smile as she nodded her head, loving that idea.

“Oh no,” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t think that would be good.” Charlie said.

“Yeah,” Lucy giggled as she stood up. “It be funny.”

Bianca raised her eyebrows at Charlie as she stood to her feet, lifting Grace from Charlie’s knee. Grace ran around to Charlie’s back and Lucy giggled as she ran next to her. “Girls, don’t.” Charlie protested.

“We wills.” The girls giggled before pushing on Charlie’s back. Charlie shook her head at Bianca before she slipped herself into the water as the girls continued to push at her. She went right under before coming up and hearing the girls giggling hysterically. She turned back around to face them, shaking her head, mocking unhappiness at the girls.

“Was funny.” Grace giggled as she jumped on the spot before she ran forward and jumped into the pool, Charlie catching her as she hit the water.

“Yeah Charlie.” Lucy giggled as she too jumped into the pool, Charlie balancing Grace on one hip as she caught hold of Lucy, pulling her into her other hip. They all stared up at Bianca before she slipped into the pool, taking Lucy from Charlie before they walked through the water with their girls.

“Buddy is back.” Grace shrieked as she jumped down from sitting on the sun lounger with her mother. She started to run in his direction shouting out for her buddy.

“Well this is a surprise,” Brax said lifting her into his arms and walking back over to the rest of them, sitting down on Charlie’s sun lounger next to her as she was sat sideways, taking with Heath and Bianca who were sitting the same on one beside Charlie. “Am I your friend again?”

“Yeah.” Grace nodded as she cuddled in to Brax as she sat on his knee.

“Aww well I didn’t need to get you girls these then, did I?” Brax questioned as he reached into the carrier bag he had and pulled out two little teddy turtles.

“Wow.” Lucy screeched as she jumped down from Heath’s knee and took one of them into her hand as Grace took the other.

“You gots us turtleses,” Grace beamed turning to face her mother. “Look mummy.” Grace held it out, a big smile of her face.

“I see it,” Charlie smiled. “Lucky you huh?”

“It like my Tilly,” Grace said, referring to the turtle teddy she already had at home. “It be her baby.” Grace announced as she patted it’s back.

“Like squirt from Nemo.” Lucy jumped up and down, still extremely excited with her new teddy.

“My squirt.” Grace kissed her turtle teddy.

The adults gave a little laugh. “What do you say to Uncle Brax, Luce?” Heath questioned.

“Thank you Bax.” Lucy tiptoed up as Brax leaned his head down, getting a kiss from his niece.

“You are very welcome.” Brax smiled.

“Thank you buddy.” Grace kissed his cheek about 6 times before smacking her lips against his. Brax gave a little laugh as he ruffled her hair.

“You are welcome too monkey,” Brax said as Grace jumped down from his knee and although the turtles were exactly the same, the girls were comparing them with each others. “And I have another surprise,” Brax told them and the adults looked at Brax, intrigued. “I’ve book us all on a trip to go to see turtles.”

“Yey,” The girls cheered. “Turtleses, turtleses.” The girls chanted as they jumped up and down.

“Aww baby,” Charlie wrapped her hands around his arm and kissed his shoulder. “Really don’t want to leave them upset, do you?”

“They want turtles,” Brax held his hands out. “I’m just making this the best holiday they can get.” Brax said and Charlie smiled before placing a kiss on his lips.

“Thanks Brax,” Bianca smiled. “Sure it’ll be another great trip.” Bianca said before looking back to the girls who were now holding the little arms of their turtle plus each others as they skipped around in a circle, super excited about going to see some turtles.

Fifty-eight

Charlie and Brax were walking along the moonlit beach, hand in hand. They’d been out for dinner themselves to celebrate their 6 month anniversary, Heath and Bianca taking care of Grace for the night. “This is so great,” Charlie smiled. “Just me and you......the sounds of the ocean.....it’s perfect.” Charlie stopped walking and turned to face Brax.

“Isn’t it?” Brax questioned. Charlie gave a little nod before she stood on her tiptoes and placed a soft kiss on Brax’s lips. Brax smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen as he wrapped his arms around Charlie, pulling her into him so their bodies pressed together. “I love you Charlie.” Brax whispered into her ear.

Charlie smiled as she ran her hand over his cheek. She wanted so much to be able to say it back, but, she knew for now at least it just wasn’t coming. “Me too.” Charlie said and Brax smiled before once again kissing her lips. Although he was longing to hear the words from her lips, he didn’t need to hear it to know she felt it.

“So,” Brax raised his eyebrows as he reached into his pocket. “I got you a little something.”

“Brax,” Charlie gasped as she looked down to the box he was holding. “We said we weren’t going to do gifts.” Charlie slapped his chest, annoyed he’d bought her something.

Brax gave a cheek laugh. “I don’t need anything back from you.” Brax said, handing the box out for her to take. Charlie opened it and gasped as she saw a necklace with a love heart locket.

“It’s gorgeous,” Charlie ran her hand over the pendant. “Thank you.” Charlie looked up to him and placed a kiss on his lips.

“I thought maybe,” Brax paused for a moment. “Since Rubes wears Angelo’s ring....uhm....you could put a picture of Angelo in there, so he’s with you.” Brax said and Charlie felt herself instantly welling up at the gesture. Brax gave her a smile as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

Charlie shook her head a little. “That’s so sweet of you but,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “I’m happy where I am with the Angelo stuff and....” Charlie bit her lip. Her wedding rings were still sitting on show on her bedside table and his pictures were still around the house and she still thought of the life they had, but, she found it was happening less frequently and pictures of Brax could now be seen in her house also. She didn’t want to forget about him all together but she was with a great man and knew they could have an amazing life together. “I think pictures of my girls would look pretty good in here.” Charlie said and Brax smile before he gave a nod of agreement.

“I’m sure they will,” Brax said before they once again shared a kiss. “You want to go back up to the room?” Brax questioned and Charlie gave a little nod, taking his hand in hers and they walked off the beach going back into the hotel.

“Oh this nice.” Grace held the pendant from Charlie’s necklace in her hand as she stared at it as it sat around her mother’s neck.

“It’s a present from Brax.” Charlie told her daughter, running her hand through her hair.

“Buddy?” Grace shouted as she looked to Brax who was walking down the hall from the bathroom. “Where mines?” Grace sounded demanding as she spoke.

“Grace.” Charlie gasped.

“You got your present on Saturday,” Brax told her and Grace screwed her face up, like she didn’t know what he was talking about. “You know, your turtle.”

“Oh yes,” Grace smiled as she lifted it up as it was beside her on the couch. “My Squirt.”

“Yup so my two favourite girls got their presents and poor Brax got nothing.” Brax shook his head as he looked to Charlie teasingly. Charlie raised her eyebrows as Brax leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips before sitting next to her on the couch.

“Oh no,” Grace pouted sadly. “Mummy what we do?” Grace held her hands out to the side as she looked upset Brax hadn’t been given a present.

“I don’t know sweetheart.” Charlie ran her hand through Grace’s hair as she spoke.

“Well,” Grace furrowed her eyebrows as she scratched the side of her head. “We to get one him,” Grace told her mother. “We do mummy.”

“Oh yeah?” Charlie gave a little laugh. “You want to go outside in that?” Charlie questioned pointing to the balcony doors where the rain was beating down hard against them.

“No,” Grace shook her head. “Buddy why it rain?” Grace questioned, facing Brax again.

Brax gave a little shrug. “I don’t know,” Brax answered. “But wow it is raining today huh?” Brax questioned. It was just after 11 but apart from having some breakfast they hadn’t left the hotel room on the account of torrential rain all morning.

“You to stop it.” Grace told him and Charlie gave a little laugh.

“I don’t know how to.” Brax told her and Grace frowned as she jumped down from her mother’s knee and stood in front of Brax staring intently at him.

“Dance.” Grace held her hands out and Brax looked to Charlie as he laughed before taking Grace’s hands into his, going to dance with her to try to stop the rain from falling.

Ruby and Xavier were now back in Summer Bay after a long weekend in Melbourne. Given the fact Ruby had the whole house to herself with Charlie and Grace being in Thailand, Xavier had spent the night there and probably would for the rest of his time in bay, but with his mum living right next door, he could still see her as well. “So, you enjoy Melbourne then?” Xavier questioned, keen to know how Ruby enjoyed her time back there.

“Hanging out with you was great,” Ruby smiled as she cuddled into him on the couch. “But Melbourne...” Ruby pursed her lips together. “There were times where it seemed to remind me to much of dad and...” Ruby clicked her tongue. “I think if I went to that party and there was pot going around...” Ruby bowed her head down.

“Oh wow,” Xavier raised his eyebrows. “It’s a good job we didn’t go then eh?” Xavier questioned. “You uhm....you want to talk about your dad?” Xavier asked.

“Uhm,” Ruby pursed her lips together as she started playing with her necklace. “I just miss him,” Ruby said. “Hearing his lame jokes, him trying to be all cool,” Ruby gave a little laugh. “The way he looked at mum. He was so in love and with Grace he....” Ruby took a deep breath. “It still hurts so much.”

“Rubes,” Xavier held her closer to him as he rubbed her arm. Of course he’d never lost a parent so he didn’t know what Ruby was feeling, but, he hadn’t seen his dad since he was a little boy and kind of knew what it was like not having a father around. Of course he was in no way trying to compare the situations, but, he still knew not having a dad around sucked. “I know it must be awful. But you have so many fun memories with him and I know it’s not the same as him being with you but, it’s something. You’ll always remember how great a man he was.”

“I know,” Ruby gave a little nod. “Xav do you think...will you come up to his grave with me?” Ruby questioned. “I want to give him so fresh flowers.”

“Of course I can,” Xavier said, giving her a comforting smile. “You want to go now?” Xavier asked and Ruby gave a little nod before standing up from the couch, going to get her wallet to buy some flowers on the way to the graveyard.

Thanks for the comments. :) Feeling a bit lost again but really don't want to end it so hopefully I can think of something.

Fifty-nine

Grace and Lucy were sitting cross legged, their elbows resting on their legs as they held their heads up with their hands, looking very fed up as they sat facing the balcony doors watching the rain still beating down heavily. The adults were sitting around the table playing cards to pass some time. Bianca ran her hand over her stomach and Brax noticed that Charlie had spotted her doing this. She sucked in her bottom lip before looking around to Grace. “Monkey come give mummy a cuddle.” Charlie said opening her arms out. Grace turned to face her and furrowed her eyebrows before running up to her mother. Charlie lifted her up onto her knee as she hugged her daughter tightly. Brax exhaled, seeing the sadness in her eyes and knew that in that moment she was thinking about the child that she had lost and sought comfort from the daughter she did have. Charlie placed a soft kiss on Grace’s temple.

“Why you cuddlin’?” Grace questioned.

“Mummy just wanted a cuddle,” Charlie answered as Lucy made her way over to the table and Heath lifted her up onto his knee. “And you are my favourite person to get cuddles from.” Charlie said and Grace gave a little grin, showing her teeth.

“I like cuddlin’ you.” Grace buried her head further into her mother’s chest. Charlie smiled as she rubbed her back before looking to Brax. Brax gave her a look and Charlie knew he was asking if she was okay. Charlie gave a single nod of the head before managing a weak smile.

“Well then are you two going to help us play cards?” Heath questioned, as he looked down to Lucy as she looked up to him as he spoke. “Mummy is cheating.”

“Mummy.” Lucy gasped.

“I’m not,” Bianca defended herself. “It’s just because mummy keeps winning,” Bianca told her daughter. “And daddy doesn’t like to lose.”

“Oh,” Lucy looked back up to her father. “You lose.”

“Yeah,” Brax laughed. “Heath is a big loser.”

The girls giggled, Charlie still hugging Grace close to her. “Loser daddy.” Lucy thought this was hysterical and her laughter increased setting off all the adults, except Heath.

“Excuse me,” Heath said. “I don’t think that’s very nice, is it?” Heath looked down to his daughter. Lucy nodded her head and Heath laughed before tickling his daughter’s sides, setting her off into laughter again.

“Is buddy loser?” Grace questioned as she looked up to Grace.

“Oh sometimes.” Charlie joked and Brax mocked offence slapping the side of Charlie’s thigh.

“Loser buddy.” Grace giggled, once again setting the adults off into laughter, or all of them expect Brax.

“Not so funny now is it?” Heath said before laughing along with everyone else, making the most of the day that would most likely be spent indoors as the rain still beat down hard outside.

Charlie, Brax and Grace were out for a walk in the town. Although the day before never stopped raining, today it was back to being very hot in the Thai summer sun. “Mummy.” Grace said as she was walking hand in hand with her mother.

“Yes monkey?” Charlie looked down to her daughter questioningly. Grace stopped walking and curled her index finger, gesturing for her mother to come close to her. Charlie bent down and Grace leaned in and spoke into her mother’s ear.

“We get buddy gift.” Grace whispered.

“Sweetie, we don’t need to get Brax anything.” Charlie said and Grace furrowed he eyebrows.

“Yes,” Grace sighed. “Please mummy.”

“Oh okay.” Charlie rolled her eyes as she stood back to her feet. Grace giving a little skip as they stared walking again.

“You wait buddy,” Grace let go of Charlie’s hand and ran over to Brax. “Okays?”

Brax looked down to her confused. “What? Why have I to wait here?”

“She wants to get something,” Charlie exhaled. “Just sit for 5 minutes,” Charlie said, patting his chest before walking away with her daughter, leaving Brax leaning against wall, looking out to the beach. Charlie and Grace walked into the shop and Grace started charging around looking at what they could get Brax.

“Oh this.” Grace squealed as she picked up a teddy fish that looked like Nemo.

Charlie laughed. “I think you would like that more than Brax,” Charlie said taking the fish from her daughter’s hands and putting it back in its place on the shelf. Grace gave a little frown before she pushed her Peppa Pig sunglasses into her face.

“Well what we get?” Grace questioned. Charlie sighed as she looked around the shop, seeing they walked into a shop filled with kids’ toys and tacky souvenirs.

“Nothing in here,” Charlie said taking Grace’s hand and walking out of the shop. Brax looked up at her with a smile but Charlie shook her head as she walked Grace across the road and smiled to herself as she spotted a Quicksilver shop. This was probably more up Brax’s alley she thought. They walked into the shop and Grace ran over to the surfboards.

“Buddy got these.” Grace said as she put her hand onto one.

“Yup he does,” Charlie smiled. “You want to surf?”

“When I’s big,” Grace gave a nod. “Uby surfs too,” Grace gave a skip as she thought about her big sister. “I surf wiff Uby.” Grace said as she started dancing around the shop. Charlie gave a little laugh before taking her daughters hand and walking her over to the men’s clothes section. She looked through the t-shirts and picked out a red one that had quicksilver in white writing written across it, then of course the quicksilver logo.

“What about this?” Charlie questioned and Grace looked up to it and nodded as her eyes widened, liking what she was looking at.

“It’s wow,” Grace jumped and clapped her hands together excitedly. “Yeah yeah.”

“Okay.” Charlie walked over to the counter and paid for the t-shirt before lifting the bag down.

“I takes it.” Grace took the bag from Charlie and they left the shop, Grace skipping as she dragged the bag behind her as Charlie followed behind her daughter, walking back to Brax.

“Ready?” Brax looked to Charlie and she nodded.

“Got this you.” Grace said as she lifted the bag up. Brax looked genuinely surprised as he took the bag from Grace and pulled the t-shirt out.

“Aww wow I love it,” Brax smiled before bending down and giving Grace a hug and kiss. “Thank you monkey.” Brax ruffled her hair before standing back up and looking at Charlie questioningly.

“You bought her the turtle and got me this,” Charlie put her hand onto the necklace he’d given her and smiled. “Said I had to get you something.”

Brax gave a little laugh, remembering Grace asking where his present was the day before. “Well thank you.” Brax stepped forward and softly kissed Charlie’s lips. She smiled at him as they pulled back.

“Right then,” Brax looked down to Grace. “We going to get this lunch now?” Brax asked and Grace gave a little nod.

“I carry it,” Grace took the bag back from Brax. “I go here.” Grace patted her shoulder before pointing to Brax.

“Sure you can monkey.” Brax lifted her up onto his shoulders; the bag hanging down passed his arm. Charlie slipped her hand into Brax’s before they continued to walk into the town, looking for a nice little place to eat.

“I see them,” Grace screeched. Their holiday was quickly coming to an end, them now only having a couple of days left. They were on the trip to see the turtles and thankfully for Brax the trip hadn’t disappointed. They’d seen heaps of turtles on the island and even when they were out for a little swim in the ocean some got pretty close to them. They were now back on the boat on the way home, the boat having a glass bottom section, to allow people to see the ocean beneath them and a couple of turtles had been spotted by the girls, their teddy turtles in their arms, being brought on the trip with them. Bianca was sitting away from the group sipping on a bottle of water. She was feeling rather nauseous today, not sure if it was sea sickness or morning sickness, but most likely putting it down to morning sickness as she’d never been sea sick before. “Look mummy! Buddy! They still here.” Grace jumped in excitement.

“We see them,” Brax smiled at her, his arms wrapped around Charlie as she sat close to him. “Cool huh?”

“Wow.” Grace danced around, bumping into an older man who gave her a death glare.

“Sorry,” Charlie looked at him as he moved his gaze to her. “Grace watch what you are doing sweetie. Say sorry to the man.” Charlie said and Grace looked up shyly at the man.

“Sorry.” Grace squeaked before she ran back over to her mother, climbing up onto her knee and shyly cuddling into her.

“That a baby one,” Lucy sounded equally as excited as Grace as she was standing with Heath. “And lots of fisheses.”

“Yeah, we’ve seen lots today, haven’t we?”

“Uh-huh,” Lucy nodded. “Mummy see them?” Lucy questioned running over to where Bianca was sitting and climbing up onto her knee. Bianca hugged her daughter close to her, knowing that feeling like crap right now would be all worth it once the baby was born.

“Yeah, I can see them from here,” Bianca gave her a smile. “Cool huh?” Bianca questioned and Lucy nodded, loving seeing all the fishes and more importantly turtles.

“This my best day,” Grace stood up from Charlie’s knee, standing on her thighs as she looked up to Brax. She leaned forward and gave his lips a kiss. “Best day buddy.” Grace grinned before sitting back down on her mother’s knee. Charlie smiled as once again her daughter cuddled into her.

“This whole holiday has been great, huh?” Charlie questioned and Grace nodded her head. “I’ve had an amazing time.” Charlie moved her eyes so she was looking into Brax’s. He could see the life coming back into them, happiness reappearing in her.

“It has, hasn’t it?” Brax questioned before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s forehead. Although completely devastating for them, this miscarriage had brought them a lot closer and made them stronger as a couple and he was looking forward to whatever the future may hold for him and Charlie.

Archived