Evelyn "Evie" MacGuire - Philippa Northeast

shyongirl

I just wanted to update this thread by saying that Philippa is doing such an amazing job with her acting. She was great when Josh was about to "die", but also today: Philippa is doing such an amazing job! I really can't wait to see what next year will bring for Evie, it's so sad she has so much drama in her life right now with Denny and she's still feeling guilty about Josh.

• Like 2

I agree HomeAwayNL! I have really loved Philippa's acting since the Tank storyline and I am very excited to see next year as you have mentioned that it’s going to be a very emotional year with her sister’s death and Josh’s accident.  

She has had a tough couple of years with the deaths of three very important family members which can be emotionally draining. Looking forward to next year!

• Like 1

And last week Evie was also really upset about Oscar and he was missing. So that's a lot to happen for someone in a year. Evie deserves some happiness as well. I do love how they showed the connection between the group of friends (Evie, Oscar, Maddy, Matt, Josh), I really love seeing them hang out and support each other. Philippa has great chemistry with them all!

• Like 1

I agree! I turned to my mum during last night’s finale and said she has been through so many losses in less than three years! It’s a lot to take! A lot of things happen to her and she doesn’t have control over her life so it actually explains her relationship with Tank to some extent.  

She has become a favourite of mine actually! And like you said HomeAwayNL, just last week she thought she lost her twin brother just to find out the nest week her sister was murdered and buried in the forest!  

Philippa’s has great chemistry and I like the band of friends. Her acting this week in regards to Denny’s death was excellent (not sure if you have seen the finale) and it shows Evie’s turmoil and explaining her actions throughout the finale.

• Like 1

I agree HomeandAwayNL, the aftermath will be really interesting! I’m actually quite interested in what Josh will do when he finds out! Have the feeling that Josh and Evie will work something out! Cant wait to discuss Home and Away in 2016! Glad to find someone who likes Philippa and Evie as well :)

• Like 1

I continued to be up and down with Evelyn this year.Sometimes she's likable, sometimes she's a selfish brat.I liked that she and Maddy finally put aside their differences after spending much of last year as arch-enemies and developed a good sisterly relationship.She continues to be a nightmare towards any adult in her life though: I pretty much cheered when Hannah finally went past breaking point and slapped her, it's been a long time coming.I wish that Tank had been a proper love interest instead of a plot device to push her back towards Josh.I wish the show would run with her and Andy as well (it's pretty much the first time Andy's done something that interests me) but that's probably just a plot device too.

No reflection on Philippa, who does a good job playing the character she's been given.

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I continued to be up and down with Evelyn this year.Sometimes she's likable, sometimes she's a selfish brat.I liked that she and Maddy finally put aside their differences after spending much of last year as arch-enemies and developed a good sisterly relationship.She continues to be a nightmare towards any adult in her life though: I pretty much cheered when Hannah finally went past breaking point and slapped her, it's been a long time coming.I wish that Tank had been a proper love interest instead of a plot device to push her back towards Josh.I wish the show would run with her and Andy as well (it's pretty much the first time Andy's done something that interests me) but that's probably just a plot device too.

No reflection on Philippa, who does a good job playing the character she's been given.

Interesting.  I feel the same way about Andy and Evie as I did about Heath and April.  I did initially think that Heath and April had possibilities if the writers really ran with it.  I thought there were signs that April would quickly develop to be able to hold her own with Heath and it would be an unusual and therefore interesting relationship.  However the writers decided not to go down that path.

Andy and Evie do hold the same possibility but as you say I suspect that this is just a blip on the way back to Josh for Evie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Interesting.  I feel the same way about Andy and Evie as I did about Heath and April.  I did initially think that Heath and April had possibilities if the writers really ran with it.  I thought there were signs that April would quickly develop to be able to hold her own with Heath and it would be an unusual and therefore interesting relationship.  However the writers decided not to go down that path.

Andy and Evie do hold the same possibility but as you say I suspect that this is just a blip on the way back to Josh for Evie.

Yes, I'm pretty much the same.I spent the whole of the gap between seasons hoping they'd actually do something with Heath and April, and they actually did a lot more than I expected, but ultimately they ended up going back to their previous partners, and I suspect the same will happen here, which would be a shame and a bit of a wasted opportunity. (I thought when Evie first got with Josh that they seemed to be put together for the same reason as April and Dexter, that they joined around the same time and so their contracts probably expired around the same time and it would be easy to have them as endgame.Now it seems they're following that arc pretty much exactly!)