Evelyn "Evie" MacGuire - Philippa Northeast

shyongirl

I found the drawing of Josh amazing as well. It shows what she thinks of him perfectly, I think. I also liked what I saw of Oscar's drawing. The actors on Home and Away are brilliant and talented individuals outside of acting, and it's about time that they showed that.

I don't think the actors did those drawings. It must have been professional artists hired by the producers and they show the bits where the characters do the finishing touches of the drawings. In reality, we actually never see the characters do the drawings when you think about it.

In regards to the drawings themselves, they were impressive no doubt.

• Like 2

Fair point. But it has been suggested via things like Instagram and the official Home and Away website that several of the actors enjoy drawing, including Jake Speer (Oscar), Kassandra Clementi (Maddy) and Demi Harman (Sasha), showing evidence of these in photos. As for Jackson Gallagher (Josh), he seems to be good at everything (horseriding, circus skills, photography, filmmaking), so I wouldn't be surprised if he drew as well. In the past, you had Hayley drawing and painting all the time, so you possibly had to have Bec Hewitt doing stuff at some point that showcased any drawing skill.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't believe I was actually defending Evelyn at the beginning of the year.There was a point, when she was helping Spencer and when she seemed to accept Zac and Hannah as her family, where I thought she was nice, so I actually gave her leeway when she was horrible to Denny, and when she pretty much doomed the family unit by being a brat about Zac and Hannah getting together, thinking that she'd been through a lot and lost her father and she'd get better.But no, she's just a thoroughly selfish and unpleasant person.She spent months making Zac's life a misery for no reason whatsoever, including getting her entire class, including the boy we're now apparently supposed to see as her soul mate, into trouble purely in order to embarrass him, and tried to send him to jail for something he didn't do for selfish reasons.And, which seems to be a running theme with her, not only did she get no comeback over it but she put all the blame on to Sasha for revealing the truth.She then deliberately breaks up Josh and Maddy, which no-one seems particularly bothered about, and true to form makes out that Maddy's the one in the wrong for objecting.Her behaviour at Casey's funeral was an utter disgrace: Denny was all on her own, in bits, and Evelyn clearly didn't care two hoots, all that mattered to her was hanging onto Josh's arm and making it clear to everyone that she was his girlfriend.And when he wouldn't play ball, and she found out he'd looked elsewhere for comfort, she decides to assault and humiliate Maddy in front of a grieving family, because as far as Evelyn's concerned her feelings are the most important thing.And again, no-one says a word to her about it, she plays the victim and Maddy's the one who gets crucified.Honestly, her behaviour towards Maddy borders on outright bullying a lot of the time, yet somehow Maddy's always the one that gets blamed, even though Evelyn stabbed her in the back first, meaning she's not only self-centred, she's also a hypocrite.

And yet I don't think the writers have a clue what a truly awful character they've created, leading to incredible scenes like Hannah treating her like an innocent who needs protecting from the world (completely undermining Zac by letting Evelyn play truant because Zac shouted at her when she was being a brat), Matt being treated like the one in the wrong when he puts her in her place and Josh gazing at her like she's a goddess and calling her "the best thing that's ever happened to me" (which is so laughable it's not even worth debating; there's about half a dozen people have done more for him than Evelyn).It's reached the point where even when the show does actually manage to portray her as nice for a scene, it just feels like an act, part of an agenda, because we've seen what she's really like.