Helena Bozich update

Guest beau_t

The search for Helena continues and the mystery deepens.

I happened to notice recently that Helena Bozich's IMDB page has been updated. I don't know when, but it now states that she appeared in American soap opera "Days of Our Lives" as, presumably, a guest character called Pam Lawson in episodes between 1992 and 1993. This information appears on various other websites too, all crediting her as this character in those same 4 episodes (6916, 6925, 6941, and 6942.)

After a bit of digging, I managed to track down a big "Days of Our Lives" fan who has every episode on tape, and he was kind enough to check through the episodes for me. He couldn't find a character called Pam Lawson and and there was no mention of Helena Bozich in the opening or closing credits. However this does not necessarily rule out her being a background character (sometimes background characters, even those with speaking parts, aren't credited).

This may or may not be another tiny piece of the Helena mystery, but the jigsaw is still far from complete. If she did move to the U.S. it makes it that much more difficult to find her. However the websites "People Finders" and "Ancestry" don't have one single entry for anyone called Helena Bozich living in the United States.

Interesting thread.

If Channel 7 had the money they could hire the CIA in the USA and they'd find her no problem. I'm thinking that maybe she died or married and her last name changed. It is weird how out all the past and present people to have graced our screens she seems to be the only one unaccountable for. We know nothing about her life after Home and Away or where she is. Very strange.

I think I remember reading, possibly even on this site, that she'd moved to NZ and changed her name.

I think the idea of her changing her surname is plausible considering she's probably married now, and she may even have children. I do remember reading that someone spoke to her in New Zealand.

When I saw this new thread, I thought the mystery was over!

• 2 weeks later...

You could contact Day of our lives and see what acting agency they were using back then to hire actress's and extras. Once you find out which agency, you could contact them directly and ask questions. They may be able to shred some light as to what happened to her and if she appeared on any other shows and if she had a name change. It sounds like a long shot but you will never know unless you try.

• 4 months later...

To add to the feedback BTTB received from the gentleman visiting NZ in 2010, I have found an entry on Facebook for a Helena Williams living in Tauranga (believe it or not this was not planned, I have lots of Indian family who live there and this woman is a mutual friend with my siter-in-law's brother; Tarangua is an NZ version of Leicester apparently!). This is the profile's HTTP:

https://www.facebook.com/helena.williams.9083

If you look carefully, she does look a little like bit Helena around the eyes and is probably about the right age (this woman could easily pass for a well-kept 38/9 year old). However, there is no DOB on the website and it says that she graduated from Taraunga College in 1997; I googled this to be a High School so, unless she resumed studies as a mature student, this could mean that she is a little on the young side to be Helena. She also has no friends / family on her profile with the surname Bozich but then it is possible that there was an estrangement or mass name change within her family.

I must also add that I found a "Where are they now" article from an old issue of Inside Soap that I retain from 1993, regarding the cast of the H&A Pilot Ep. It states in there that "it was last heard that Helena had recently married and resides with her hubby in the outback". She must have been very young (18 or 19 at the most) and whether she moved to NZ with her hubby or re-married again out there remains a mystery.

Archived