Just thinking about a few things

Guest DSC-2

Don’ know if this is the wright place to write this so move the topic if necessary.

I’ve been watching Home and Away for so long now and I keep watching even now that I don’t like much of the storylines anymore. It’s just strange to stop watching after so many years.

Maybe it’s because I’m getting older :) but a lot of things annoy me the last couple of years.

For starters the opening credits. I still miss the opening credits where all the cast members where in.

Is it really that difficult to bring them back?

It’s also a shame they cannot keep the young cast members in the show for more than 3 years. I liked it when we so Dani, Hayley, Noah, … as teens and that they got older, went to uni, got married. Now all the young cast members leave when there character is 18 are 19.

Also there is so much violence on the show. The River Boys and their problems, I have had it. But even before them it was already a problem. In real life I would never live in Summer Bay, it must be the most criminal town in the world. I agree there needs to be some action but the last years it’s just too much. I liked the storylines with the bus crash are when the boat came in the storm and people went messing. Such things happen in real life to.

It’s also time they give some characters a storyline

It’s just an idea but why don’t bring Declan back, Alf his son. It would be great to see how their difficult relationship is now. Maybe Alf can find some love and causes again problems between father and son.

For Marilyn bring Donald back. Let them fall in love again are let her become a foster mum. I would love to see Marilyn as mum.

For Irene it’s time she finds love again and this time give her the chance to walk down the ail and let her be happy. No explosions, no fights, no dead’s at her special day. And please if it’s not too much to ask don’t end the wedding after two weeks are a year. In real life people can stay married for a year are longer. I’m the living proof. J

Maybe there’s a change to bring back Olivia. She is now a teen. She can live with Irene because her uncle James moves for his work to Africa are another country. Let Diana come back and interfere. I love those two fighting but maybe this time after a while they can get along? Diana would be an interesting love interest for Alf. I would love to see how those two get along because they are so different.

Also there are many couples having trouble to conceive children, do the writers never think of using that for a storyline? You can create such a beautiful storyline on this topic. Let a couple try for a long time and then let them start with IUI are IVF. You can create so many emotions on this topic. And trying for a long time I don’t mean 3 months but at least a year. Now the problem of course with the writhers of Home and Away is that they can’t stand to see a happy couple and most of them don’t even stay together for a year. Knowing that of course it’s difficult to start a story line like this.

These are just a few ideas but there are so many great characters at the show and there just not doing anything with them.

I hope the show will get better in the next years so I can watch it together with my little girl when she is a few years older.

It’s just an idea but why don’t bring Declan back, Alf his son. It would be great to see how their difficult relationship is now. Maybe Alf can find some love and causes again problems between father and son.

I completely agree (although his name is Duncan). He is long overdue a return. For years it was like Duncan was Alf's only child and Roo barely got a mention. Now it's the other way around. I think Duncan is mentioned even less than Roo was through the 90s and 00s.

I completely agree (although his name is Duncan). He is long overdue a return. For years it was like Duncan was Alf's only child and Roo barely got a mention. Now it's the other way around. I think Duncan is mentioned even less than Roo was through the 90s and 00s.

It is really time to bring him back if I even don't remember his name correct. :)

I completely agree with everything you have said DSC-2.

It would be nice for Duncan to come back and I would like to see Alf and Duncan repair their fragile relationship. It's great to have Roo back but if Duncan comes back, then it would be lovely because Alf would have two children in Summer Bay,

There are too much crime in Summer Bay and the Braxtons are central to this. But as you said, there were loads of crimes before the Braxtons so I wish Home And Away would give character-led storylines.

I wish Home And Away producers wouldn't make this show teen-orientated... When was the last time Irene and Alf had a big storyline? Irene had a storyline in 2011 with her breast cancer. Lynne McGranger was fabulous. I guess the producers enjoy the dramas and care too much about the younger characters.

I agree with everything you had said in your post, DSC-2. And yeah it would be nice if the writers focus on the other characters and give them storylines instead focusing on the Braxtons who always had taken over the show since they arrived in 2011.

I would like to see a storyline with Irene e.g. her children returning to Summer Bay for a visit or becoming a foster mum again. And I agree that it would be nice if Duncan returns to Summer Bay. And I would like to see more stuff involving the Walkers.

I wish Home And Away producers wouldn't make this show teen-orientated... When was the last time Irene and Alf had a big storyline? Irene had a storyline in 2011 with her breast cancer. Lynne McGranger was fabulous. I guess the producers enjoy the dramas and care too much about the younger characters.

I don't like it either that these days it's all about the teens. I'm sure that there are people watching that are older than 18 and don't like all the teenage drama. I'm one of them.

I agree with everything you had said in your post, DSC-2. And yeah it would be nice if the writers focus on the other characters and give them storylines instead focusing on the Braxtons who always had taken over the show since they arrived in 2011.

I would like to see a storyline with Irene e.g. her children returning to Summer Bay for a visit or becoming a foster mum again. And I agree that it would be nice if Duncan returns to Summer Bay. And I would like to see more stuff involving the Walkers.

Maybe they can call-it the Braxton show. And now their is a fourth one, when will it stop?

I also love to see Irene again as a foster mum that's why it would be great to have Olivia back and maybe Lily.

I'm still hoping they will bring some of her foster children back for a visit, Selina, Joey, Hayley (Bec Hewitt please) and not to kill them. I'm still angry that they killed Chloe.

I think Irene will have a lot to do in 2013. :) She's been hinting ln twitter for months! I'm sure she also said on DS that she had a good chat with the writers about Irene's character.

I really hope this is the case. Hopefully 2013 will be a big year for Irene :)

I don't like it either that these days it's all about the teens. I'm sure that there are people watching that are older than 18 and don't like all the teenage drama. I'm one of them.

>I agree with everything you had said in your post, DSC-2. And yeah it would be nice if the writers focus on the other characters and give them storylines instead focusing on the Braxtons who always had taken over the show since they arrived in 2011.

Maybe they can call-it the Braxton show. And now their is a fourth one, when will it stop?

I also love to see Irene again as a foster mum that's why it would be great to have Olivia back and maybe Lily.

I'm still hoping they will bring some of her foster children back for a visit, Selina, Joey, Hayley (Bec Hewitt please) and not to kill them. I'm still angry that they killed Chloe.

I agree with you! And I never liked it when they brought Chloe back to the show in 2005, just to kill her off a few days later.

And yeah it would be nice to see Irene become a foster mum again.

>I agree with everything you had said in your post, DSC-2. And yeah it would be nice if the writers focus on the other characters and give them storylines instead focusing on the Braxtons who always had taken over the show since they arrived in 2011.

I would like to see a storyline with Irene e.g. her children returning to Summer Bay for a visit or becoming a foster mum again. And I agree that it would be nice if Duncan returns to Summer Bay. And I would like to see more stuff involving the Wa

lkers.

I agree with you! And I never liked it when they brought Chloe back to the show in 2005, just to kill her off a few days later.

And yeah it would be nice to see Irene become a foster mum again.

I loved it when Will came back but that was only to put him in jail. :(

Archived