Just thinking about a few things

Guest DSC-2

I wish Home And Away producers wouldn't make this show teen-orientated... When was the last time Irene and Alf had a big storyline? Irene had a storyline in 2011 with her breast cancer. Lynne McGranger was fabulous. I guess the producers enjoy the dramas and care too much about the younger characters.

I don't like it either that these days it's all about the teens. I'm sure that there are people watching that are older than 18 and don't like all the teenage drama. I'm one of them.

>I agree with everything you had said in your post, DSC-2. And yeah it would be nice if the writers focus on the other characters and give them storylines instead focusing on the Braxtons who always had taken over the show since they arrived in 2011.

I would like to see a storyline with Irene e.g. her children returning to Summer Bay for a visit or becoming a foster mum again. And I agree that it would be nice if Duncan returns to Summer Bay. And I would like to see more stuff involving the Wa

lkers.

Maybe they can call-it the Braxton show. And now their is a fourth one, when will it stop?

I also love to see Irene again as a foster mum that's why it would be great to have Olivia back and maybe Lily.

I'm still hoping they will bring some of her foster children back for a visit, Selina, Joey, Hayley (Bec Hewitt please) and not to kill them. I'm still angry that they killed Chloe.

I agree with you! And I never liked it when they brought Chloe back to the show in 2005, just to kill her off a few days later.

And yeah it would be nice to see Irene become a foster mum again.

I loved it when Will came back but that was only to put him in jail. :(

Yeah I know. :( Disappointed at the way how the writers gave Will a ending by putting him in jail.

There were far more teen storylines earlier .... But it still felt more adult. It is about how you write a storyline. The Braxtons aren't teens except from Casey and he is not really a young teen anymore, but should been 19 if the writers had followed normal aging for the characters. Bianca isn't a teen either, and Dex and April are college students, but they are written like 13 year olds except from all the sex talk (2012 season). some years ago we had Danni, Kirsty, Haley, Jade, Seb, Nick and so on in a teen group, some young teens and some a bit older teens... but still teens, younger than the teens today.. but even then the show felt more adult than 2011/12 (+2013?).

If the writers try to concentrate too much about the older characters and forget about replacing the younger popular characters then the ratings will drop like in 2010 season. But some years ago the storylines were written better, better build and were more like real life that's the reason why the show felt more adult. Even if the characters were young, it was easier to connect with the characters even for the older ones, when we could relate to the storylines and discuss the topics with more "real life" eyes. It also opens for more connection between the the younger and the older characters. And I don't think it was that boring for the younger ones either if the teens were written in a way they could relate to.

You can always put in an over-the-top stalker/crime storyline or two in a year to sprite thing up, you can put some extra drama to the family and friends storylines, but the main focus should be on more real life related and "realistic" storylines. Thats the reason I think that 2005-2009 seasons were better than 2010, 2011 and 12 seasons (not seen 2013).

Archived