Lynne McGranger

Guest ter06

I was pleasantly surprised to see Lynne McGranger on This Morning today. I thought ITV would never again acknowledge Home and Away or anything to do with it. Did anyone else see it? Lynne spoke about the showers in London being nothing compared to the torrential rain Sydney has been getting all summer, she spoke about presenting an award at the British Soap Awards on Saturday night, as well as coming back for panto at Christmas at Weymouth. It was a good interview and she looked really well.

Lisa Gormley is also here with her but she wasnt on the show

I was pleasantly surprised to see Lynne McGranger on This Morning today. I thought ITV would never again acknowledge Home and Away or anything to do with it. Did anyone else see it? Lynne spoke about the showers in London being nothing compared to the torrential rain Sydney has been getting all summer, she spoke about presenting an award at the British Soap Awards on Saturday night, as well as coming back for panto at Christmas at Weymouth. It was a good interview and she looked really well.

Lisa Gormley is also here with her but she wasnt on the show

ITV's Loose Women have had many guests from H&A since about 2007, they are on youtube.

This is quite a nice idea. I wonder whether the writing team would ever take any notice of this?

I've often felt that Irene's religious beliefs could be explored further, and with Eljiah gone and the writers usually struggling with ideas for the character, this could work. It wouldn't have to be anything big, but a way to develop Irene a little further than 'Diner waitress' would be interesting. It would give the character more presence in the requisite weddings/funerals, and giving life advice to characters she's not otherwise involved with wouldn't appear so inappropriate. I had imagined that her recent health problems would have brought out the religious side to her further, but it's not too late.

In any case I hope that the focus does remain on Irene, and that she doesn't fall back into a background character. It would be nice to see her in a proper relationship with another Lou Debono character, who could even be a recurring guest. She just seems a bit lonely, and perhaps that could lead to a well-structured and realistic return to alcoholism.

This is quite a nice idea. I wonder whether the writing team would ever take any notice of this?

I've often felt that Irene's religious beliefs could be explored further, and with Eljiah gone and the writers usually struggling with ideas for the character, this could work. It wouldn't have to be anything big, but a way to develop Irene a little further than 'Diner waitress' would be interesting. It would give the character more presence in the requisite weddings/funerals, and giving life advice to characters she's not otherwise involved with wouldn't appear so inappropriate. I had imagined that her recent health problems would have brought out the religious side to her further, but it's not too late.

In any case I hope that the focus does remain on Irene, and that she doesn't fall back into a background character. It would be nice to see her in a proper relationship with another Lou Debono character, who could even be a recurring guest. She just seems a bit lonely, and perhaps that could lead to a well-structured and realistic return to alcoholism.

Well her son Damian is a priest or vicar. Shame he wasn't there for her when she was ill or in prison. Hasn't made him any more caring.

Archived