StarCross Lovers

Guest ilovechax

Story Title: StarCross Lovers

Type of story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Charlie Buckton and Darryl Braxton and others..

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Romance, Drama.

Does story include spoilers: no

Any warnings: no dont think so

Summary: Charlie and Brax Love Story .

This is my first ever FanFiction. Hope it’s okay. Please give me advice on how to improve as I’m not great at writing stories :/ XX

This is set when Charlie gets back from going up the coast for a few days.

Charlie’s Pov!

Charlie arrives back in Summer Bay and pulls into Leah’s driveway. She unlocks the door and walks in. “Ruby?” “Leah?”. They must of not been home so Charlie decided to take a walk along the beach. She was thinking about what has happened over the past weeks; Tegan dying, the gang war, being shot, the fire, being kidnapped, killing Hammer and being lied to again by Brax!

She looked out to the ocean and there he was. Brax was surfing, suddenly it all hit her how much she loved him! She kept walking hoping he wouldn’t see her. She wasn’t ready to talk to him.

Brax’s Pov!

Brax saw Charlie walking along the beach. He ran out of the surf and caught up with her.

“Charlie! Your back” Brax said happy she was back in the bay.

“What do you want Brax?” She sighed.

“I just want to talk to ya and explain everything”

Brax was hoping she would give him a chance. Charlie thought to herself for a moment.

“Okay, but not now I have to go and see Leah”

“Okay, what about over lunch? At Angelo’s. 1:30ish?” Brax asked

“Yeah, okay. I better get back to Leah” she said as she started walking home.

“Cyah Later” Brax called after her, but she didn’t hear him.

Brax smiled to himself and ran up the beach to head home to get ready.

~~~~~~~~

Casey’s Pov!

Ruby had just told me the best news ever! It was such bad timing. The cops were on to me about lighting the fire and we are too young! I didn’t care though! We were going to have a baby together!

“Case, I don’t want to keep the baby” Ruby said crying.

“What! No! I’m not going to let you abort our baby!” Casey yelled angrily

“What is Charlie and Brax going to say! We can’t keep it we’re way too young!”

“I don’t care what they say or about our age, I’m not killing my baby!” Casey yelled even louder which was frightening Ruby. She began to cry even more.

Brax’s Pov!

I was walking up to the house and heard yelling. I ran and opened the door and saw Ruby crying and they were yelling at each other.

“What is going on guys?” Brax asked worried

“Nothing!” Ruby said as she ran out the door.

Brax looked at Casey “Well are ya going to tell me?”

Casey sat down and Brax followed.

“Ruby’s Pregnant”

Brax put his head into his hands. He couldn’t believe it. What was Charlie going to say.

“What were you arguing about?” Brax asked curious

“Ruby wants to abort the baby because she scared at what you and Charlie would say and because we’re too young” Casey said still angry at Ruby wanting to abort the baby.

“I’m sure Charlie will understand eventually and there are heaps of people to support you guys” Brax said

“Try telling Ruby that” Casey sighed

Brax felt sorry for Casey but understood where Ruby was coming from. Brax left Casey alone, he could see that Casey was still trying to process everything. He decided to get ready to meet Charlie.

~~~~~~~~

April’s Pov!

Dex and I were walking along the beach talking about our exams coming up. When I saw Ruby crying on the beach.

“Hey Dex, that’s Ruby crying. I’ll talk to you later” April kissed Dex on the cheek and ran off to see her best friend.

“Okay, byee” Dex waved to his girlfriend and headed up to the diner.

“Ruby! Hey what’s the matter? She asked pulling her into a hug. Ruby didn’t say anything. April just comforted Ruby. After a few minutes Ruby calmed down and pulled away from the hug.

April asked again “What’s wrong Rubes? You can talk to me”

“I’m... I’m Pregnant” Ruby had tears welling up in her eyes again.

April was shocked. She was happy for her but didn’t know why she was crying.

“Oh Ruby congrats. What these for?” She said wiping Ruby’s tears away with her thumbs.

“I’m scared at what Charlie will say and I’m too young to become a mother!” She said as more tears fell down her cheeks. April put her arm around Ruby.

“I’m sure Charlie will understand, Have you told Casey?” April asked.

“Yeah, He wants to keep the baby”

“Oh I think you and Casey need to talk to Charlie and Brax and then go from there Rubes”

Ruby sighed at the thought of telling her mother. They sat on the beach in silence while April was still comforting Ruby.

~~~~~~~~

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow Ruby is pregnant! Poor Casey wanting to keep the baby and he has every right to be upset, but at the end of the day it's Ruby's body and she ultimately has the right to decide if she wants to have the baby or not.

Great start. Looking forward to more :)

By the way! In this story Heath took Casey away to the safe house and Brax didn’t get told where they were and the police ended up finding them there and arresting Casey.

Chapter 2

Brax’s Pov!

I walked into Angelo’s and went to talk to one of the cooks in the kitchen. I walked back out and saw Charlie walk in. She looked beautiful! She was wearing a casual orange/yellow dress, but she still looked amazing.

“Heeey” Charlie said

“Hey you, You look great!” Brax shot his gorgeous smile

Charlie smiled and looked down as she knew she was blushing.

Brax pointed his arm towards the booth leading Charlie to sit down and he followed

“Do ya want anything to drink?” Brax asked

“Uh, I’ll just have a glass of red wine” She said

“Right then, I’ll go get ‘em” Brax said as he got up and went to get the drinks. He was trying to decide whether to tell Charlie about Ruby being pregnant or just wait until Ruby tells her... He walked back over to the table.

“Here ya go” He said as he placed the drink in front of Charlie

“Thanks” She smiled and took a sip of her wine

Brax sat down and took a mouthful of his beer.

“You know I couldn’t tell ya about Case” Brax said

“Yeah, you could have” Charlie said

“He’s my brother Charlie, I don’t want him to go to jail!” Brax raised his voice a bit

“Yeah, well he may go to jail now since Heath made him run away from the police” Charlie looked straight into Brax’s eyes, She could see was hurting for Casey.

“Yeah I know” He sighed and looked down “Just as he finds out he’s going to be a dad” Brax muttered under his breath, just enough for Charlie not to hear.

“What?” Charlie asked. Brax looked up at Charlie.

“If I tell ya, you have to not get angry” He said

“Yeah..ok, Have you done something?” Charlie asked curiously

“Na.. It’s Ruby... Shes” Charlie sat up at the mention of Ruby name.

“What about Ruby?” She said interrupting Brax.

He continued “She’s Pregnant”

Charlie was shocked. “What!” She said as she got up and ran out of Angelo’s. Brax ran after her. She was unlocking her car.

“Charlie!” He called after her and then he caught up to her.

“Ya can’t go talk to her” Brax said

“Yeah I can, She’s pregnant and she hasn’t even told her own mother!” Charlie said angrily

“She was gonna tell ya in her own time Charlie” Brax said as he grabbed Charlie’s hand.

“She doesn’t know that I know, I came home and they were arguing and Ruby ran off and Case told me she doesn’t want to keep the baby” Brax said hoping she would calm down and wouldn’t pull her hand out of his. Luckily she didn’t.

She didn’t say anything just looked up at Brax, He could tell she was upset.

“Why don’t you come for a walk down the beach and we can talk about it?” He asked

Charlie nodded and locked the car and they headed off down the beach together.

~~~~~~~~

Ruby’s Pov!

I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I wasn’t paying any attention to it, I was thinking about what to do about the baby and what would Charlie say. I knew she wouldn’t take it okay. I picked up my phone and scrolled down to Casey’s name and was about to ring him when I heard a knock at the door. I jumped up and walked into the kitchen and opened the door. It was Case.

“Hey, I’m sorry about earlier” Casey said

“It’s okay” She took a step closer to Casey and hugged him.

“I think we should tell Charlie and Brax” Ruby said

“Brax already knows but yes we should tell Charlie” Casey said

“What! Brax knows! He is going to tell Charlie!” She pulled away from the hug and looked at him angrily.

“Well, I had to tell someone and they aren’t even talking to each other” He said

“Yeah I suppose your right. I’ll text Charlie and you text Brax to come back here so we can tell Charlie” Ruby said as she grabbed Casey hand and walked into the lounge and sat on the couch together.

~~~~~~~~

While this was going on back at Leah’s. Charlie and Brax were sitting on the beach together.

“I can’t believe after all the times I’ve talked to Rubes about having safe sex she goes and does this” Charlie said still upset.

“These things happen Charlie” He said as he put an arm around her.

She looked up at him and he was looking down at her, lost in each other’s eyes. Brax leaned in and kissed her. She pulled back for a second but started kissing him more passionately. After a few moments they both pulled away and looked at each other again.

“I love ya Charlie” Brax said with a wee smile

Charlie giggled “I love you too”

“I really am sorry about everything” Brax said

“It’s okay, you did it to protect your brother and I’d do the same for Ruby” Charlie said

“Sooo I’m forgiven?” Brax asked and shot me his gorgeous smile again

“Yeeah” She said smiling

“Does that mean you want to get back together with me?” Brax asked and squinted his eyes hoping she wold say yes

“Yess” She said. Brax cupped her face in his hands

“I love Charlotte Buckton” he said then kissed her.

Just as the broke apart they both received texts. They both look at their phones.

“Its Rubes ‘Hey Charlz, could u come home so we can talk ASAP. Rubes x’ ”She told Brax

“Yeah Case said the same thing. Looks like they’re going to tell you” Brax said

They both texted them and said they were on their way. They both got up and walked back to their own cars holding hands. They arrived at Leah’s and walked up the path. They got to the door and Brax grabbed a hold of Charlie’s hand which made her turn around a face him.

“It’s going to be ok” He told her and kissed her lightly on the lips.

They both walked on in holding hands.

“Heey guys” Charlie said

“Hey” Ruby and Casey said in unison

“What? Are you two back together?” Ruby asked when seeing them hold hands

“Yeah, Brax explained everything and we moved on from that now.” Charlie told Ruby and Casey.

“That’s great!” Casey said smiling

“Yeah it is!” Ruby said happily. Charlie and Brax smiled at each other

“So what do you want to talk about Ruby?” Charlie questioned her pretending she didn’t know about the pregnancy.

“Oh, you might want to sit down” Casey instructed Charlie. Brax went and sat down on the chair and Charlie sat on his lap.

“Is something wrong Rubes?” Charlie said

“I’m.. I’m Pregnant” Ruby said and started to cry and Casey put his arm around her

“What!” Charlie said and then went over to the couch and pulled Ruby into a hug trying to comfort her

“It will be okay Ruby , We will sort something out.” Charlie said comforting her

Casey looked over at Brax confused Charlie wasn’t giving Rubes and him a lecture. Casey mouthed ‘Did you tell her?’ to Brax and he nodded. Ruby calmed down and stopped crying.

“I thought you would be mad” Ruby said confused as why her mother wasn’t yelling and screming

“Oh I am mad, but I’m not going to worry about that now. What’s done is done” Charlie said and went back and sat on Brax’s lap. Brax slid his arm around her waist.

“Rubes doesn’t want to keep the baby though, but I do” Casey told Charlie

“Ruby, you can’t get an abortion” She told Ruby

“I’m too young to be a mother” She said as her eyes were welling up with tears again

“Charlie and I will be here for you and Case, Rubes” Brax told Ruby

“Yeah I know that, I’m still have to get my head around this. Can we talk about this later, I’m going to go get some sleep. I’ll see you later Case” She said and kissed Casey on the cheek and walked into her room.

“Well I’m going for a surf, See ya” Case said and left

Brax and Charlie sat there together for awhile before they decided to go for a walk.

~~~~~~~~

ENJOYING this !!!! The different people’s perspectives is a nice touch ...... and i especially liked ........

 “I’m sure Charlie will understand eventually and there are heaps of people to support you guys” Brax said

 “I’m.. I’m Pregnant” Ruby said and started to cry and Casey put his arm around her

“What!” Charlie said and then went over to the couch and pulled Ruby into a hug trying to comfort her

“It will be okay Ruby , We will sort something out.” Charlie said comforting her

By The Way!! I don’t really know how to play out the court scene so there won’t really be a court scene sorry xx

Chapter 3

Charlie’s POV!

We had been sitting on the beach ages now, it was getting dark. I snuggled up to Brax as it was cold. He put his arm around me and rubbed my arm trying to make me warm up.

“Charlie, can I ask you something?” Brax asked which made Charlie look up at him

“Yeah, what is it?” She asked curious

“Why does Ruby call you Charlie instead of Mum?” He asked. Charlie looked down and out to the ocean. She was scared to tell Brax the truth. She had tears well up in her eyes.

“Hey, what are these for babe?” He said wiping her tears away.

“When I was fourteen.... I had Ruby” Charlie was saying with even more tears rolling down her face.

“Some teenage love gone wrong?” He asked

“No, I was raped Brax” She said crying now

Brax couldn’t someone could do such a thing to his girl. He pulled her into a hug and held onto her tight.

“Oh baby, I’m so sorry” He said kissing her head

“When I had Ruby, Mum and Dad thought it would be best if they raised Rubes and their own daughter. I couldn’t deal with it so I ran away to my Aunty Michelle’s. When I came back a year and a bit later, Rubes had connected with Mum and Dad, I didn’t want to ruin it seeing how happy she was” Charlie told Brax

“When did Ruby find out?” He asked

“Last year after I got hit by a car and the doctor told them I had a scar from my caesarean and Morag kept trying to get the truth out of Dad and I and then I ended up telling Ruby” She said with tears still rolling down her cheeks remembering back last year when Ruby hated her.

“How did she take the news?” He asked still curious

“Bad. She hated me. She went to Aunty Michelle’s and She told Rubes that I had hated myself for leaving Ruby. She showed her a photo album of me when I was younger and I had cut the face out of all my pictures. She came back and we worked things out day by day” She told Brax

“Aw baby, I’m so sorry about it all. What happened to the guy that did it to you? He asked

“His name is Grant Bledcoe. I didn’t tell my parents until four months later and by then Dad said there wasn’t enough evidence because Grant was boyfriend at the time. Last year Ruby tried to contact Grant and he caused trouble for us all and then Dad murdered him.” She explained

She hasn’t called me Mum ever” She said with more tears welling in her eyes

“I’m sorry” He said again feeling sorry for Charlie

“It’s not your fault” She said looking up to Brax smiling

“I would never do anything to hurt you, Charlie” He said

“I know, Can we just not talk about this anymore?” She asked looking down

“Yeah sure, Do you want to go back home?” He asked her

“Yeah” She said as Brax stood up and pulled Charlie up and walked back along the beach back to Leah’s hand in hand.

We had go back to Leah’s and I was so glad Brax asked about Ruby and she had opened up. They were standing at the door and Charlie didn’t want to be alone.

“Will you stay with me, I don’t want to be alone tonight” She asked

“Yeah sure babe” He smiled and she unlocked the door and they walked into her bedroom.

They got changed and got into bed. Charlie snuggled up into Brax and laying there for a bit in silence they both fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

Ruby’s Pov!

I woke up early this morning and decided to go for a walk along the beach. I crept out of the house trying not to wake anyone. I was walking along the beach thinking about the baby and Casey. I was reconsidering about keeping the baby. I knew if I didn’t Case would never speak to me again. Just as I turned to walk up the beach back home I heard my name being calling. I recognised the voice, it was Casey. I turned around and saw him running out of the surf.

“Hey Case” I said

“Hey , how are you?” he asked grabbing her hand and carried on walking up the beach

“I’m good. How are you feeling with court today?” She asked

“Ah, I’m alright. Just going for a surf. Hope it’s not going to be my last” He said thinking he may go to jail

“It’s not going to be your last ‘cause you’re not going to jail okay Case? I’ve got an appointment at the hospital today, April’s going to come. Charlie and you will both be at court” She said

“Oh okay, wish I could come with you” He said disappointed

“I wish I could be at the court room with you” She said

“Anyway I better go home and get ready” He said

“Yeah same here” She replied

“Oh, Do you know if Brax stayed with Charlie last night?” He asked

“Yeah I think so, I’ll tell your looking for him” She told Casey

“Okay thanks, good luck at the hospital” He said kissing Ruby lightly on the lips

“I love you Rubes” He said then turned and walked away

“God luck and I love you too” She called and then walked off home.

~~~~~~~~

Brax’s POV!

I had woken with the beautiful girl I love in my arms. I kissed her lightly on the cheek which caused her to wake with a smile on her face.

“Hey baby” I said

“Hey” She said and kissed me

“Perfect morning waking up to the woman I love” I said to her smiling which made her blush

“Yeah and now we have to get up and go to court” She said wishing they Casey and them didn’t have to go

“Oh sh*t , I forgot” He said “I probably should get back to Case”

“Yeah okay” She said smiling “It will be okay, I’ll be there for you and Case”

“Yeah, I love ya” Brax said

“I love you too” She said as Brax kissed her passionately then they both got up. Brax got changed and Charlie put on her blue dressing gown. She walked him out to the door just as Ruby walked into the kitchen.

“Hey you two, Case is looking for you Brax” She said to them walking to get a drink of water.

“Yeah I’m on my way home now”

“Okay I’m going to go get ready for appointment at the hospital, April’s coming with me. Sorry i can’t make it to the court rooms. I’m coming after though, See ya’s later” She said then walked into her room

“I better get going” He said and kissed Charlie again then turned and left

“Bye” She said and he replied “Cya later”

She turned and went to get ready for Court.

~~~~~~~~

At The Hospital:

Ruby and April were in the waiting room. April could see that her best friend was worried about Casey .

“Case is going to be okay” She said and pulled an arm around Ruby

“Yeah I hope so” She said as Dr. Sid Walker called “Ruby Buckton”

They walked into the room and Ruby got up onto the bed.

“So Ruby we are just going to have a scan to see how far along you are ” Sid said

“Okay” She said. Ruby was nervous, April could tell so she grabbed a hold of Ruby’s hand and squeezed it tight. Ruby looked up at April as Sid put the gel all over Ruby’s stomach. April smiled at her.

“Well there’s your baby Ruby. It looks like your 7 weeks and everything looks good and healthy. I’ll print off a picture for you” Sid said as he started wiping off the gel from Ruby’s stomach.

“That’s good then and thanks” She said

“Not a problem, I’ll just go get the picture” Sid said as he walked out of the room. As Ruby sat back up and fixed her top up. Sid walked back in here.

“Here you go” Sid said as he gave Ruby the picture.

“Thanks Sid” Ruby said as they all walked out of the room

“It looks like a peanut” April said laughing

“A cute peanut” Ruby said laughing with April as Ruby’s phone rang. She gave the picture to April and pulled out her phone and saw Charlie names flash across the screen.

“Hey Charlz, How did it go?” She asked

“Ah Casey has been sent to jail, I’m so sorry Rubes. We did the best we could” She told Ruby

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

Ruby’s POV!

Ruby stood there in shock. While Charlie was talking through the phone.

“Ruby? Ruby are you there? Said Charlie worried about her daughter.

“Yeah” Ruby whispered as tears started flowing down her cheeks.

“Go home and I’ll met you there” Charlie said.

“Ok” Ruby said then hung up.

April’s Pov!

I was standing outside of the hospital looking at the photo of Ruby’s baby, while she was on the phone. I looked up and saw Ruby sitting on the ground crying. I ran over to her.

“Ruby, Are you okay? What’s wrong?” I said pulling her into a hug.

“Casey’s gone to jail” She said during cries

“Oh no Rubes, I’m so sorry” I said

I sat their comforting Ruby for awhile then I walked her home.

Charlie’s Pov!

I had just got off the phone to Ruby and I went to walk over and see Brax, but he walked off to his car and took off. I knew he would be upset and angry, so I decided I’d go see him after I went home to see Ruby. I jumped into the car and headed home. Once I finally got home I walked through the door and I walked into the lounge and saw April comforting a devastated Ruby. I walked over to the couch and pulled Ruby into a hug.

“It’s going to be okay Rubes, Case will be fine” I told her

“I think I’ll go home and leave you two to it, call if you need anything” April said

“Ok, Thanks for today April, It really means a lot” Charlie told April

“That’s what friends are for, bye” April said with a smile then walked out the door.

I sat there comforting Ruby until she had fallen asleep. I ended up waking her up and putting her in bed and told I was going out to talk to Brax and that I’d be back shortly. I walked into my room and got changed out of my uniform and texted Brax .

‘Hey, I’m sorry! Where are you? X’

I didn’t get a reply. I got in the car and drove over to his house. I knocked on the door, no one answered. I decided to go down to Angelo’s ‘cause Brax would of been closing up if he working tonight. I got out of the car and walked towards Angelo’s. Then I saw some River Boys on the beach around a fire. Then I saw a familiar figure, I knew it was Brax. I walked down the beach and headed towards them.

“Brax , there’s ya girlfriend” One of the River Boys said

“Don’t think about joining the party after putting my brother away will ya, Buckton” He said angrily

“I wouldn’t plan on it, I’ve just come to get this one” She said pointing to Brax who was sculling another beer

“I think we can handle him” Another River Boy said

“C’mon get up, I’ll take you home” Charlie said pulling Brax to his feet and started walking back up the beach.

“Night” Brax called out to the River Boys and waved.

“What the hell are you doing Brax?” Charlie said “I know it’s been a rough day but you don’t have to hang out with them”

“I’ll hang out with whoever I want, you don’t get to go round telling me what to do Charlie” Brax said angrily. Charlie was upset at what he said but knew that he was drunk and probably didn’t mean it

Charlie put him in the passenger seat. Then jumped in the front seat and started the engine up and drove back to Brax’s. Once they pulled into the driveway Charlie got him out of the car and helped him walked up to the door. He gave her the key and she unlocked the door and Brax sat on the couch. Charlie went and sat beside him.

“I’m sorry about Casey going away Brax, this is the last thing I wanted to happen” She said

“I always tried to keep him out of trouble” Brax said

“I know you did” Charlie said “ He will be out of there in no time” She said grabbing his hand

“I’m sorry for what I said before. I love you” He said then leaned in and gave Charlie a very passionate kiss. She kissed him back then pulled back out of breath.

“I love you too, Let’s get you in bed to get some sleep” She said standing up grabbing his hand to pull him up.

“Are you joining me?” He asked as he put his arms arm her and grabbed her arse playfully which made her giggle.

“I’d like to but I have to get back to Ruby, She’s really upset about Case” She explained.

Charlie then put Brax into bed. He fell asleep pretty much as soon as his head hit the pillow. Charlie kissed him on the cheek then left.

~~~~~~~~

Brax’s POV!

I woke up the next morning and I didn’t feel that great. I had a shower and I wanted to go see Charlie. I drove over to Leah’s house. I knocked on the door hoping she was up.

“Hey Brax” Leah said

“Hey, Is Charlie up? He asked

“Yup, She in the lounge” Leah said as she stepped back to let Brax in.

He walked into the lounge.

“Hey, How’s the hangover? She asked with a smirk on her face

“Fantastic” He said sarcastically which made Charlie laugh

“Anyway, I’m going to see Case today” He said as he sat down on the couch with Charlie

“Oh yeah” She said

“Yeah, I was wondering if Ruby and you want to come? He asked

“Yeah I will, I’m pretty sure Ruby would like to” She said

“Sweet, I’ll pick you up at 12” He said

“Yeah, I’ll go get Ruby up” She said as they both stood up. Brax kissed Charlie lightly on the lips then hugged her.

“I’ll see ya shortly babe” He said then left

Charlie walked into Ruby’s room and woke her up.

“Hey sweetie, how are you this morning? She asked as she sat on Ruby’s bed.

“I’m okay” She said

“Well Brax and I are going to go see Case, Would you like to come?” Charlie asked

“Yes, I need to talk to him” Ruby said as she jumped up

“Okay , Brax is going to pick us up at 12. Make sure your ready” She said as she got up and left the room.

~~~~~~~~

Brax’s POV!

It was quarter to twelve so I decided to head over to Charlie’s. I walked up to the door and knocked then walked through the open door as I heard Charlie yell ‘In Here’.

“Hey , are you ready?” He said and kissed Charlie passionately

“Yup, I’ll go get Rubes” Charlie said as they both pulled away from the kiss

“Rubes, You ready? Brax is here” She said opening Ruby’s door

“Yeah” She said as she walked out into the lounge.

Brax could tell Ruby was still very upset about Casey going to jail.

“Hey Rubes, Case will be fine, okay” He said then gave her a hug

“Yeah, are we heading off or not?” She said with a smile

“Yeah let’s go” Charlie said as they all headed to Brax’s car.

~~~~~~~~

On the way to the Prison it was silent. Brax put his hand over onto Charlie leg and looked at her and smiled at her and she smiled at him too. Ruby decided she would break the silence.

“At the prison could you two wait in the car afterwards so I can talk to Case about the baby?” Ruby asked

“Yeah sure, Is something wrong?” Charlie asked

“No, I just want to talk to Case about what we are going to do” She said

“Oh ok, Have you both not decided whether your keeping it or not?” Charlie asked

“No, I don’t want to still. I want to start a family with Casey when we are older and he’s not in jail” Ruby said

“Oh, Have you found out how many weeks you are Rubes?” Brax asked

“6 weeks tomorrow” She said

~~~~~~~~

They arrived at the prison. They walked in and asked to see Casey Braxton. They all had to be patted down. They walked in and sat at a table with for seats and waited for Casey to come in. Then he came through the doors with a guard. He walked over and sat down.

“Hey guys” He said

“Hey” They all said in unison

“I’m sorry Case, I’m sorry I couldn’t get you a better lawyer” Brax said

“It’s okay, I’m glad you spent the money on Mum” He said with a smile “How are you and the baby Rubes?”

“We’re fine” She said as she tried to smile at him

“Stay away from the troublemakers in here Case, You don’t want to get into more trouble” Brax said

“Yeah Yeah. I know” Casey said with a smile. The guard said only five minutes left.

“Case, look after yourself alright? We’ll come back another day” Brax said and stood up and patted Casey on the shoulder.

“Bye Casey” Charlie said

“See Ya” Casey said

“I’ll be out in a minute” Ruby said. Then Charlie and Brax walked out holding hands.

“Is something wrong Rubes?” Casey asked

“Yeah, I don’t want to keep the baby, I want to have a family with you when you out and we are older” Ruby explained

“Yeah I understand. I want to have a family with you too” He said. He agreed with what Ruby said but was upset that she was going to have an abortion.

“Thanks for understanding. I bought this for you if you want it?” She said as she pulled out the scan picture of the baby and handed it to him. “I know it only looks like peanut but I thought you would rather have it than I would.

“Thanks, I better go now, I love you Rubes” He said and put his hand on hers

“I love you too” Ruby said as she got up and left.

While this was going on, back in the car Charlie and Brax were discussing the baby.

“Well I think she’s making the right decision” Charlie said

“Yeah, hopefully Case takes it well” Brax sighed

“Yeah, everything will work out Brax” She said then leaned over and kissed Brax passionately until there was a tap at the window. It was Ruby with her finger pointing in her mouth as if she was going to be sick. They both laughed as Ruby got into the car.

“Couldn’t you wait until you got home so you didn’t have to make people sick” Ruby said with a big smile on her face

“Nup, we couldn’t” Brax said which made them all laugh.

“How did Case take the news about you wanting to have an abortion?” Brax asked

“I think he took it well, He agreed with what I had said. I gave him the scan picture though” Ruby said

“Well that’s good then, Do you want me to come with you when you get it done?” Charlie asked

“No, I rang April earlier and she said she would come, thanks anyway mum” Ruby said smiling.

Chapter 5

“What did you say?” Charlie asked as she turned to look at Ruby

“That April is going to come with me, but thanks anyway mum” Ruby said again

“Mum?” Charlie asked

“Yeah, your my mum, aren’t you?” Ruby said smiling

“Yeah” Charlie said smiling back at her daughter

“You don’t mind me calling you that do you?” Ruby asked

“No, I like it” Charlie said and looked over at Brax who saw how happy Charlie was that her daughter had called her mum for the first time. He winked at her which made her smile grow even wider.

They arrived back at Leah’s house.

“Thanks for taking me to see Case” Ruby said getting out of the car

“No problem” Brax said

“Hey mum, I’m going over to see April, See ya later guys” Ruby said walking off in the direction of April’s

“So mum, are you going to invite me in?” Brax asked cheekily. Charlie laughed at Brax’s remark in calling her mum.

“That was a bit of a shock wasn’t it” Charlie laughed

“Yeah surprised me too” Brax said

“Yeah let’s go inside” Charlie winked and got out of the car with Brax following.

Charlie was unlocking the door and Brax put his hands on her waist from behind and kissed her neck.

“Brax!” She yelped. Once the door opened Charlie tossed her keys and bag onto the table and walked into the lounge. Brax followed her and grabbed her by her waist and started kissing her passionately. Charlie then pulled Brax’s top over his head and chucked his top on the ground. She then lead him to her bedroom.... ;DD

~~~~~~~~

Ruby’s POV!

I knocked on the door at April’s and I saw April on the couch watching TV. I walked in.

“Hey April” Ruby said coming to sit next to her best friend

“Hey, how was Case? April asked

“Yeah it was alright. Short visiting time with him though” Ruby said

“At least you cleared things up though” April said as Irene walked out from the bathroom

“Hey Ruby, how are you? Irene said

“Oh hey Irene, I’m alright. How have you been? Ruby said as she got up and gave Irene a hug

“I’m getting there. I have chemo tomorrow” Irene sighed

“Good luck” Ruby said

“I’m going back to bed, See ya girlies” Irene said as she headed back up stairs

“Ruby and I are going to go the beach for awhile, Call if you need anything” April told Irene

“Okay have fun” Irene said. Then the two girls left

Brax’s POV!

Charlie and I were lying together after the best sex ever! I was thinking about how Charlie has supported me through everything and still wanted to be with me after all my mistakes. I knew she was one I wanted to be with forever. I loved her so much.

“Charlie, come for a holiday with me for a couple of days?” Brax asked

“I can’t leave now. Ruby is going to have an abortion next week” Charlie said

“Yeah next week, we will be back by then. Please Charlie” Brax begged

“Yeah okay, where to?” Charlie asked

“It’s a surprise” He sid with a smirk before he put his hand on Charlie face so she would look up at him.

“I Love You Charlie” Brax said smiling

“I Love You Too Brax” Charlie said as she kissed Brax passionately

~~~~~~~~

Charlie’s POV!

I was cleaning the kitchen when Ruby came through the door after going to see April.

“Hey mum” Ruby said happily

“Hey Rubes, how was April’s?” Charlie asked

“Good, I saw Irene. She doesn’t look too flash. She has chemo tomorrow I thought I’d go take her some flowers tomorrow after she got home” Ruby told Charlie

“Oh that’s not good, but the flowers will cheer her up” Charlie said as she put an arm around Ruby and walked into the lounge and sat on the couch.

“Brax wants to take me on a two day holiday tomorrow” Charlie told Ruby

“That’s great mum, Where to?” Ruby asked

“I don’t know, he said it was a surprise” Charlie said

“Oh sounds romantic” Ruby teased

“I still don’t know whether to go because of you getting an abortion”

“No, go and have fun. I’m not getting it done until next week anyway” Ruby said

“Are you sure?” Charlie asked

“Yes mum” Ruby said “Shall we have a movie night in?”

“Yeah, go grab some DVDs and I’ll cook some popcorn” Charlie said

“Are you sure you don’t want me to do the cooking” Ruby said cheekily

“I’m pretty sure I can cook popcorn” Charlie said as she playfully hit Ruby in the arm as they got up to cook popcorn and get DVD’s.

~~~~~~~~

Brax’s POV!

I got up early this morning and packed my bags for the wee holiday Charlie and I were going on. I chucked my stuff in the back of the Ute. I drove off to the nearest jewellery shop. I walked in and started looking at rings. Then a lady came over.

“Can I help you there?” She asked

“Yeah, I was just looking for an engagement ring” Brax said

“Yeah, what sort?” She asked

“Oh, I’m not really sure” Brax said with a smile

“Well this one here is nice” She said pointing to a beautiful Silver ring with a big diamond on it.

“Yup, that’s the one” He said smiling, glad he had picked one quicker than he had thought

“That’s a beautiful one, must be a pretty special lady” She said with a smile

“Yeah she is very special and beautiful and amazing” Brax said rambling on about Charlie

“Yeah what’s her name?” She asked putting the box with the ring in a bag

“Charlie” He said smiling

“That’ll be $4500 thanks” She said and he handed her the money

“Well good luck” She said

“Thanks” He said then walked out and put the bag in the bin and hid the little box with the ring in the car. He then headed off to pick Charlie up.

Archived