StarCross Lovers

Guest ilovechax

Thanks for all the comments!! Hopeyou enjoy these chapters! Im going to upload 3 ((:

Chapter 9

“OMG” Ruby said shocked then stood up and walked around to Brax and hugged him “Congrats Brax”

“Thanks” Brax said as Ruby pulled away “I’m going to go to the Cafe down the hall, do you want anything?” Ruby asked

“Just a coffee, thanks” Brax said and with that Ruby out of the room. Brax moved closer to Charlie and held her hand again. He thought he would try talk to her. Even though he thought it was crazy but the doctors say it helps.

“Charlie baby, I love you. Please wake up....I need you” He said as a tear ran down his face. He kissed her hand. Suddenly he felt her squeezing his hand, he looked up straight away.

“Charlie?” He said and she flickered her eyes open.

“Brax” She whispered which put a smile on his face she remembered him “What happened?” She asked

“We were in a head-on car accident, and you hit your head on the window” He informed her

“Where’s Ruby? Is she here?” She asked looking around the room

“She gone to get a coffee” He said as Ruby walked back through the door.

“Mum?” Ruby said as she placed the coffee’s down and grabbed a hold of Charlie’s hand.

“How are you feeling?” Ruby asked

“Sore” Charlie said

“I’ll be back in a minute” Brax said kissing Charlie’s hand then walking out of the room.

“Sid” Brax called out

“Yeah, everything alright?” He asked

“Yeah, Charlie has woken up, I just thought you may want to check her now she is awake” Brax said

“Okay, I’ll come in now” He said and they both walked back into Charlie’s room.

“Hello Charlie, I’ve come to check on you” Sid said

“Hi Sid” Charlie said

“Is your vision blurry Charlie? Sid asked

“Not really, I’m just really sore” Charlie told Sid

“Where are you sore?” He asked

“My stomach and head” She said

“Well, I’ll give you some more pain killers, but everything looks fine. I think you shall be able to go home in a couple of days” He said as he got pain killers out of the cupboard and filled a cup of water for Charlie.

“Here you go” He said as he past the pills and water to Charlie.

“Thanks Sid” Brax said as Sid walked out.

“I heard you got engaged while you were away Mum” Ruby said with a grin

“Yeah I did” Charlie said smiling at Brax

“It’s such a beautiful ring” Ruby said admiring Charlie’s ring “How did you proposed Brax? Ruby asked

“I don’t want to talk girly, You two can while I go down to the Police Station to sort out what is happening to this jerk that did this do you” Brax said as he stood up and kissed Charlie lightly on the lips

“I’ll be back shortly, I love you” He said

“I love you too” She said

“Ring me if you need anything, bye” He said as he walked out

“Sooo, how did he propose? Ruby asked with a grin

“Well we were on a hot air balloon and then he started talking about how much he loved me then he asked me to marry him” Charlie said

“On a hot air balloon, romantic!” Ruby said smiling

~~~~~~~~

Brax walked into the Police Station and saw Watson at the front desk.

“Watson” Brax said

“Mr. Braxton” Watson said

“What’s happening to this jerk?” He asked

“He has lost his licence for a year and he’s been fined” Watson said

“Okay, and my car?” Brax asked

“We got it towed to the panel beaters but you will have to talk them and your insurance company” Watson replied

“Ok, Thanks” He said and walked out. He walked back to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~

“Hey you” Charlie said as Brax walked into her room

“Heey” He smiled and kissed her lightly on the lips “Watson said the guy will be losing his licence for a year and he’s been fined” Brax said as he sat down

“That’s good, and what about your car?” Ruby asked

“The Police got it towed to the panel beaters and its getting fixed soon as possible” Brax told them

“That’s good. Well I’m going to leave you two love birds, I’m going home to study!” Ruby said trying to sound excited

“Okay sweetie” Charlie said

“I’ll come see you tomorrow morning, I love you” Ruby said and left.

“You were worried I was going to die, weren’t you?” Charlie said holding his hand

“Of course I was” Brax said

“When I woke I saw you had a tear run down your face” Charlie giggled

“Hey, don’t tease me” Brax shot Charlie his grin “I didn’t want to lose you Charlie” Brax said

“And I wasn’t going to leave you” Charlie said smiling then Brax leaned over and kissed her passionately. Charlie tried moving to one side of the bed and then patted the empty space for Brax to come and lie with her. Brax climb onto the bed and put his arms around and she snuggled into him.

~~~~~~~~

Ruby’s Pov!

I had just got home and got my books out onto the table and Leah and Miles arrived home.

“Heey Ruby” Leah and Miles said in unison

“Hey guys, Whatcha up to?” Ruby asked

“I’m about to have a coffee, Miles is having a boys night with VJ in the city” Leah said

“Oh sounds like fun. Do you know that Mum and Brax were in a head-on car crash this afternoon?” Ruby asked

“What! No, Are they okay?” Leah asked

“Oh I’m surprised Colleen didn’t already tell the whole bay” Ruby laughed “I just came from the hospital Brax just has a cut on his head and Mum has a cut too and some broken ribs and they are keeping her in for the night” Ruby informed the worried Leah and Miles “I’m going to go back up there in the morning” Ruby said

“Well I’ll come with you” Leah said

“Right well I’ll see you two ladies tomorrow” Miles said as he kissed Leah goodbye

“Byee” Ruby and Leah said and Miles left.

“Do you want a coffee Rubes?” Leah asked

“Yes please” Ruby said

Suddenly I started to get really bad pains in my stomach and I was clutching my stomach as Leah walked in.

“Ruby, Are you okay?” Leah asked worried putting the coffees down

“Yeah, I’m just having bad stomach pains” Ruby told Leah “Leah I was bleeding yesterday”

“Are you still bleeding?” Leah asked

“Yeah I was earlier” Ruby said “Do you think I might be losing the baby anyway?” Ruby asked

“I don’t know Ruby.. C’mon I’m taking you to the hospital” Leah said as she helped me up and out to the car.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only a short Chapter though!

Chapter 10

Leah POV!

Ruby was in quite a bit of pain and I had helped her walk into the hospital. I called out to Sid and he took Ruby into a room. I told Sid everything that I knew that had happened. Sid had organised to have a scan done straight away. When he was doing the scan he had to break the news that there was no heartbeat and that Ruby did miscarry the baby. Ruby broke down in tears even though she was going to get abortion but it still hurt that she lost the baby. I comforted the distraught teenager. Sid had said that Ruby would have to have a D&C because the scan had shown there was still some placenta remaining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie’s POV!

I was lying in Brax’s arms drifting off to sleep but then there was a knock at the door.

“I’m sorry for interrupting but there is something I need to tell you” Sid said. “Yeah, Is everything alright?” I asked. “It’s Ruby, Leah bought her in before, and she was having bad cramps and has been bleeding the last couple of days”. “Is she okay?” I asked worried. “I’m sorry to say that Ruby has miscarried the baby” Charlie and Brax sat there in shock. “Ruby’s distraught and Leah is with her. But she will have to have a D&C to have the rest of placenta removed”. “Where is she? I need to see her?” I sat up trying to get out of bed. Brax helped me up. “I’ll show you to her room” Sid said walking out of the room and we followed.

Sid opened the door for us and I walked in seeing my daughter crying in Leah arms. I walked over to Ruby and took Leah’s place. “I’m so sorry Rubes” I said and I climbed onto Ruby’s bed with her until Sid came back in and said it was time to go and have the D&C done. I kissed Ruby on her forehead and told her I loved her and then they wheeled her out. Sid had told us it wouldn’t take long and that he would bring Ruby into my room after. We walked back to my room and waited there. Brax and I sat on my bed. Leah sat on the chair at the end of the bed.

It wasn’t that long until they had bought Ruby into my room. I went and sat next to her holding her hand. Ruby woke shortly after. “Rubes, We’re all here for you if you want to talk” I said. “Yeah, I’ve been through it before and know what it’s like to have a miscarriage” Leah said. “I’m fine guys, It’s not like I was going to keep the baby anyway and I was only crying before because I was shocked” Ruby snapped “I just want to rest, could you leave me alone, please” Ruby asked nicer this time. “Yeah I’m going to go home anyway, bye guys” Leah said. “Thanks for bringing her in” I said hugging Leah. “That’s alright, I’ll see you tomorrow” Leah said and left. I kissed Ruby goodnight and went back to my bed.

“Do you want me to stay babe?” Brax asked. I nodded with a smile and Brax climbed onto the bed and lay behind me with his arms around my waist. “Get some sleep, you need to rest too” Brax whispered in my ear. “I know I just don’t like seeing Ruby like this” I said. “I know you don’t babe, but she probably wants some space at the moment. She’ll talk to you when she’s ready” Brax said and kissed my head.

I couldn’t get to sleep; I could tell Brax was already fast asleep by hearing his heavy breathing. I never wanted this to happen to Ruby. I always tried to protect her from everything, even when she thought we were sisters. I knew Brax was right that Ruby would talk when she’s ready. Brax always tried to reassure me when I was worrying about things too much. I knew I was lucky to have him.

Chapter 11

A month later

It had been a month since the car crash and miscarriage. Charlie and Brax had recovered and were happily in love. Ruby was surprisingly coping well after the miscarriage. They had all went and visited Casey a week later and told them. He took it well. The town had come to like their Charlie and Brax’s relationship after few days from when they found out a couple of months ago because it had made the River Boys quieten down. Then the whole town had found out about Charlie and Brax being engaged and everyone was happy for them.

Charlie had stayed at Brax’s house the night. Heath and Darcy lived there too. Charlie had woken and had gotten up and put her blue dressing gown on and walked out to make a coffee for Brax and herself.“Good morning sleepy head” Heath had grown to like Charlie, If she made Brax happy then he wasn’t going to try ruin it for him.“Huh, sleepy head is still in bed” Charlie said walking into the kitchen. “I’ll wake Uncle Darryl up” Darcy said jumping off Heath lap and running into Brax’s room.

“Uncle Darryl!” Darcy yelled jumping up and down on Brax’s bed. “Wake Up Lazy Bones!” “Hmm” Brax rolled over and grabbed Darcy and pulled her down and tickled her which made them both laugh. “Stop Uncle Darryl Stop” Darcy managed to yell out during her laughter. He stopped and sat up and looked round for Charlie, Darcy noticed he was looking for her. “Aunty Charlie is in the lounge” Darcy said and walked back to go sit with her dad. Brax got up and chucked a top on and followed.

“About time you got up” Heath said. “Yeah Yeah” Brax said bending down and kissing Charlie on the top of her head “Morning beautiful” Brax said. “Morning” Charlie replied as Brax grabbed the coffee that Charlie left on the table for him then went and sat on the chair. “What have you got planned today, Heath?” Charlie asked. “Dad is taking me surfing” Darcy told them before Heath could say anything.“Ya know your Uncle is better at surfing than ya Dad” Brax told Darcy. “But Case isn’t here, so Dad has to teach me” Darcy said which made them all laugh. “No, not Case. I was meaning me” Brax said grinning. “Oh, Will you teach me then?” Darcy asked smiling. “Sorry Darce, I can’t today I have plans with Charlie. Another day eh” Brax smiled at Charlie and Darcy. “Okay then” Darcy said. After they had their coffee’s Charlie and Brax went back to his room. “What are our plans?” Charlie asked. “Well, I thought we could go for a walk along the beach” Brax said. “Okay, I’m going for a shower” Charlie said kissing Brax then leaving his room and heading towards the bathroom.

After an hour later Brax and Charlie were walking down the beach hand in hand. “I’ve been thinking..” Brax started talking “Yeah about what?” Charlie stopped and looked up at Brax. “About you moving in with me” Brax said “Yeaah, What about Ruby?” Charlie asked. “She can move in too, but in separate rooms from Casey’s for when he gets back” Brax said. “Well, yes then” Charlie smiled. Brax lifted Charlie up and kissed her passionately.

Charlie and Brax went back to Leah’s hoping to find Ruby at home. “Rubes?” Charlie called out walking into the lounge holding Brax’s hand. “I’m in my room” Ruby called back. “Can you come out here, we have something to ask you” Charlie said sitting down on the couch and Brax sat on the chair. Ruby emerged from her room a few seconds later. “Is everything okay?” Ruby asked sitting down next to Charlie. “Yeah, Brax was wondering if we wanted to move in with him?” Charlie asked. Ruby squealed excitedly “Of course I do” Ruby hugged her mother. “But you won’t be sharing a room with Casey, not yet anyway” Charlie told Ruby. “I don’t mind, I’ll just sneak in” Ruby teased and they laughed. “Well we are going down to the diner to tell Leah” Charlie said.

“When are we moving?” Ruby asked. Charlie looked at Brax. “Whenever you like” Brax said smiling. “Start packing some stuff up today and we can start shifting some stuff this afternoon” Charlie said. “Okay I’ll start packing” Ruby said and walked off into her room.”Let’s go tell Leah” Brax said and got off his seat and pulled Charlie up by her hand and they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“OMG Charlie that is great!” Leah hugged Charlie. “Well, not really” Leah said pulling back and Charlie looked confused. “Why not?” Brax asked. “Your stealing my two house mates” Leah smiled then hugged Brax. Charlie and Brax laughed. “What’s this I’m hearing about you moving in together?” Colleen said. “Yip, We are moving in together Colleen” Brax said putting his arms around Charlie waist from behind. “Oh, next they will have babies running round everywhere” Colleen said throwing her arms in the air then walked back into the kitchen. Brax laughed a little. Leah looked at Charlie who had a slight worried face. Leah knew about Charlie had commitment issues with Angelo, but thought she had gotten over it. “When are you moving out?” Leah said trying to get Charlie’s mind of what Colleen said. “Well, Charlie and Ruby are going to start packing and moving stuff today but not sure actually when” Brax told Leah. “Oh okay well I’ll leave you guys to go pack” Leah said then went into the kitchen. Charlie and Brax left.

“Are you okay babe? Ever since Colleen said about babies you’ve gone quiet” He asked worried. “Yeah I’m fine” She lied. She was scared. She was scared that once she had moved in with Brax, he would want to have kids straight away but she didn’t want that. She wanted to live happily and get married then have kids with Brax. She didn’t want to say anything in case he got upset at her.

Brax walked Charlie back to Leah’s. “Do you want me to help pack or go home?” Brax asked. “I think it will be easier packing by myself, is that okay?” She asked. “Yeah, I’ll go home and clean out the spare room for Ruby and make some room in mine for you” Brax said and kissed Charlie lightly on the lips. “Okay I love you” Charlie said smiling. “I love ya too, bye” Brax said and kissed her again and then walked back to his house.

Charlie popped her head into Ruby’s room. “How’s it going?” Charlie asked. “Alright” Ruby said folding clothes up. “Right then, I better get started then” Charlie said then went and got some boxes from the shed and started packing some of her stuff.

Brax was walking back to his house and was thinking about how Charlie acted when Colleen said about Charlie. He was hoping she didn’t change her mind about having kids with him. She said that she wanted to a few weeks ago but not yet. Brax had always wanted to have kids and be a better dad to his kids than what his dad was to Heath, Casey and himself. When he found out Darcy was his he was so happy but upset he wasn’t there for her since the day she was born. But then he found out Tegan lied and he was devastated. He didn’t know whether to talk to Charlie about it or not....

WOW !!! 3 updates !!! Coooooool, especially ,,,,,,

 “Charlie baby, I love you. Please wake up....I need you” He said as a tear ran down his face. He kissed her hand. Suddenly he felt her squeezing his hand, he looked up straight away.

“Charlie?” He said and she flickered her eyes open.

“Brax” She whispered which put a smile on his face she remembered him

 “I don’t want to talk girly, You two can while I go down to the Police Station to sort out what is happening to this jerk that did this do you” Brax said as he stood up and kissed Charlie lightly on the lips

 Oh I’m surprised Colleen didn’t already tell the whole bay” Ruby laughed

 “Yeah, I’m just having bad stomach pains” Ruby told Leah “Leah I was bleeding yesterday”

 When he was doing the scan he had to break the news that there was no heartbeat and that Ruby did miscarry the baby. Ruby broke down in tears even though she was going to get abortion but it still hurt that she lost the baby. I comforted the distraught teenager.

 The town had come to like their Charlie and Brax’s relationship after few days from when they found out a couple of months ago because it had made the River Boys quieten down. Then the whole town had found out about Charlie and Brax being engaged and everyone was happy for them.

 “Yeaah, What about Ruby?” Charlie asked. “She can move in too, but in separate rooms from Casey’s for when he gets back”

“I don’t mind, I’ll just sneak in” Ruby teased and they laughed.

 “Are you okay babe? Ever since Colleen said about babies you’ve gone quiet” He asked worried. “Yeah I’m fine” She lied. She was scared. She was scared that once she had moved in with Brax, he would want to have kids straight away but she didn’t want that. She wanted to live happily and get married then have kids with Brax. She didn’t want to say anything in case he got upset at her.

Sorry, been awhile since I last updated! Hope you enjoy even though it's only a short chapter ((:

Chapter 12

It had been a week since Charlie and Ruby had moved into Brax's. They seemed to be enjoying it even though it was pretty crowded with Charlie, Brax, Ruby, Heath and Darcy living there. Then Heath had asked Bianca to move in with him since they had been together for awhile. Charlie felt like she had no space and loved it when she got out of the house. Charlie had talked to Brax about how she felt like she had no space, but he told her not to worry and she would get used to having a house full and that after their wedding they could start looking for their own house.

Charlie had woken with Brax's arm loosely around Charlie waist. She loved lying in bed with him but today she had to get up and go to work. She got up and had a shower. After her shower she walked out into the kitchen and Brax was making two coffees. Charlie wrapped her arms around his waist. "Morning" Charlie said resting her head on his back. "Morning" Brax turned around and kissed her. "Mmm" Charlie moaned as she pulled away and they looked into each other's eyes with smiles on their faces. Brax then turned and focussed on making their coffees. "Here ya go" Brax said passing Charlie her coffee. "Thanks" She said then they both went and sat at the table. "I won't be home from work 'til late tonight" Brax said. "Yeah I have work too, I'll come in for dinner" Charlie said "Well I better getting going before I'm late" She said and sculled the rest of her coffee and walked over to Brax and wrapped her arms around her neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She kissed him passionately then hugged him. "I love you" She whispered into his ear. "I love ya too" He whispered back and she pulled back "See ya later" She said then walked out the door "Bye" Brax said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie was sitting at her desk filling out paperwork, it had been a pretty quiet day and was hoping 5:30 would come around fast so she could get out of their and go see Brax. Just then Charlie's phone vibrated on the table as she had received a message. She saw Brax's name flash on the screen and immediately a smile appeared on her face.

Hey Beautiful, I miss you.

Can't wait to see you!

Love you xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey. Miss you too

I'm hoping to get away soon. Cya shortly

Love you too X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later Brax was taking a couple their drinks and saw Charlie walk in. 'Wow' Brax muttered to himself and watched Charlie walk towards him. Hecouldn't believe how lucky he was to have such a beautiful fiancée. "Hey you" She said "Hey" Brax said and gave Charlie a quick kiss and walked her to the front of the bar and he walked around the other side. "How was your day?" He asked grabbing a bottle of red wine and a glass for Charlie. "Pretty quiet, what about you?" She asked. "Totally opposite, been run off our feet" He said putting Charlie glass down in front of her and she smiled at him. "What do you want for dinner gorgeous?" "Pizza with the hot barmen" She smiled "Alrighty, I'm sure he can get off early" He winked and walked off into the kitchen to start cooking Charlie's favourite pizza, Meat lovers.

Brax came out shortly with the pizza and saw Charlie was sitting in one of the booths and went and sat down opposite of her. "Pizza and the hot barmen for ya" Brax smiled. They sat and ate the pizza and chatted away for awhile. "Should we get out of here?" Brax asked "Yip, let's go" Charlie grabbed her purse and hooked her arm in Brax's and they walked out and walked down the beach.

They sat on the beach together, Charlie was sitting in between Brax's legs leaning on his chest and he had his arm wrapped around her. "I think we should start planning the wedding. I don't want to wait any longer to marry my beautiful fiancée" Brax said "Yeah, sounds good. I can't wait either" She said then suddenly getting up "I think I'm going to be sick" She quickly said running to some bushes and threw up and Brax got up and held her hair back out of her face. "You okay?" He asked "I think so" She said turning around to face Brax "Let's get you home" He said then he picked Charlie up in his arms and carried her back to his car then drove home.

They arrived back home and Brax put Charlie onto the bed. "Could you get me a glass of water, please? Charlie asked "Sure" Brax said walking out of the bedroom and Charlie got changed and jumped into bed. "Here ya go babe" He paced her drink and sat beside her "Thanks". "How are you feeling now?" "I feel a bit better, think I'll have an early night though" She said "Okay, well I'm going for a shower and then I'll join you" He said and kissed her forehead and walked off to the shower.

Charlie was lying there in bed thinking of what it might of been. 'Must be food poisoning or a stomach bug' she thought to herself. 'Because I'm definitely not pregnant'. She jumped out of her thoughts as Brax walked back through the door. "Waiting for me are ya" Brax teased "No, just thinking about this stupid bug" She said as Brax climbed into the bed and wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his chest. "You'll be fine in the morning" Brax said massaging her shoulder. "Yeah hopefully" She said and Brax kissed her head and they both drifted off to sleep.

That was cooool, especially.............

 They seemed to be enjoying it even though it was pretty crowded with Charlie, Brax, Ruby, Heath and Darcy living there. Then Heath had asked Bianca to move in with him since they had been together for awhile. Charlie felt like she had no space and loved it when she got out of the house.

 "Pizza with the hot barmen" She smiled "Alrighty, I'm sure he can get off early" He winked and walked off into the kitchen to start cooking Charlie's favourite pizza, Meat lovers.

 Charlie was lying there in bed thinking of what it might of been. 'Must be food poisoning or a stomach bug' she thought to herself. 'Because I'm definitely not pregnant'.

Feels appropriate to be reading this fic right now - in H&A’s usual timeslot !!!

Archived