H&A Christmas Break 2011

Guest Dan F

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A month behind when we come back isn't too bad, should mean that only 3 weeks or so are needed in the Summer as I believe Seven don't have the rights to the Olympics this time round. With them being in London, however, I imagine C5 may well take the show off over the Olympics anyway due to the sheer amount of attention it's gonna get from the UK audience (even though it's the BBC broadcasting it here.)

Of course, it's also a shame as the Olympic Cliffhangers have produced some of the best moments in the show's history and in my opinion for Athens 2004, Home & Away's best episodes ever. But, if C5 are taking it off whilst the games are on... who's to say it can't be engineered for the UK audience instead and we have a "UK Olympic Cliffhanger" - kinda fitting as we're hosting the games!

Go on Seven, you know you want to. ;)

I haven't heard it confirmed yet but it looks like it might be back on the 16th here and the 23rd in Australia, which would put us three weeks behind.Which is disappointing, I don't think we've had the premiere that late since 2008.I said this time last year it might be a shorter summer break but instead we ended up seven weeks behind, so going by Channel 5 logic we'll probably be two months behind by the end of the year.

Does look like the 16th now - obviously things have changed, since I had it confirmed to me by Channel 5 themselves that it was going to be the 9th. It's one of the drawbacks of people wanting to find out things early, schedules are never set in stone until a couple of weeks beforehand.

Archived