Summer Break 2011

Guest James Martin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught the first couple of episodes today.Those London episodes seem to turn up quite often but it was still nice to see all the old characters again.Having been watching Don in the '80s/'90s episodes recently, it was a bit of a shock to see him that old, when I first saw the publicity photos I thought someone had made a mistake and included a photo of him from 2007.Will and Gypsy's phone conversation was kind sweet and almost made me block out what they did to them last year.

Makes me look forward to Gypsy coming back even more.

And nice to see the Sutherland girls being cute, lots of Sally, the original Flynn...Should be a good run!

I really enjoyed yesterday's episodes. :) I hadn't seen the London ones in so long and many of the characters I liked featured. Original Flynn & Sally were sweet, the Sutherlands were just how I remembered and I was always a big Will & Gypsy fan.

Interestingly, the cuts to the "bulbs" references from the original transmission have remained - including a really dodgy edit of the recap of the 18:30 episode! Thought with Dirty Des in charge now things would be more liberal. I remember that the car crash episode which followed was hacked to bits due to a combination of drug references and flashing images - I think about 5 minutes' worth was taken out. Only one of 2-3 times C5 have really taken the scissors to the show, the other being the Plane Crash in 2005 (due to it airing three weeks after 7/7) and the 2006 Cyclone (flashing images).

Anyway, I remember me and others getting rather pissed at the Bulbs cuts, although they're a legal drug in Oz. I guess they aren't so over here. Can't believe that was 7 years ago.

Must admit I'm really enjoying this selection of episodes.

Well, I enjoyed that pair of episodes yesterday, hadn't seen them since they were first broadcast. I didn't recognise Mattie at first, especially as Beth was calling her Tilly, strange to see her being foul to Jade. I'd forgotten what Henry looked like, and Duncan was a slimy toad when he got older!

Looking forward to the Alf episodes next week, and then back to the new episodes - hooray! :rolleyes:

Archived