Guest Deano

Story Title: Maybe This Time

Type of story: Long fic

Main Characters: Charlie, Angelo, Brax and others

BTTB rating: T/A

Genre: drama/romance

Does story include spoilers: None

Any warnings: Given before chapter starts

Summary: Charlie and Angelo meet at a function, but when things go awol with their relationship, will he get her back?

Chapter one:

Angelo sat at the bar drinking his beer, it was a police function, he was the sergeant of Yabby Creek Police Station, the other officers were senoir constables or sergeants from around the state. As Angelo took a sip of his beer, a pretty woman approached him

'Hey' She said sitting next to him.

Angelo spat his beer, before looking up with a slight smile, 'Hey'.

'Well who are you?' She asked.

'Argh Sergeant Rosetta' He smiled.

'Your first name silly'

'Oh Angelo and you?'

'Senior Constable Charlie Buckton' She said putting her hand out, Angelo shook it.

'So you want a drink or something?'

'A cocktail will do me' she smiled.

'Waiter' Angelo said clicking his fingers, 'A cocktail for this lovely lady' Angelo smiled.

The waiter made the drink handed it to Charlie and Angelo payed.

'You're such a gentleman'

'I know' Angelo said sipping his beer.

Charlie smiled to herself and after a while of discussing police life and what their lives were like, Charlie made the suggestion of going home together. 'So I live in the city, but I guess your place is closer' Charlie smiled.

'Um yes it is' Angelo said smiling

Angelo and Charlie got up and left the club together, making sure no-one saw them, they hold hands as they ran across the beach. Angelo carried Charlie up the dunes and to his house, he unlocked the door. Charlie jumped out of his arms and ran to his bedroom she sat on the corner of his bed smiling. Angelo smiled and crawled across the bed to kiss her, she started to tease him.

'This is not fair' he complained.

'It's cute'

'It's not' he sat up crossing his arms.

'Oh come here' she said placing her lips on his.

He pulled her on top of him, she undone his buttons and ran her finger down his abs, Angelo moved as it tickled him.

'Whats wrong big boy' she smiled.

'It tickles' he laughed

Charlie continued to kiss Angelo as they made their way under the sheets.

They soon fell asleep in each others arms.

In the morning, Angelo got up and made Charlie some breakfast.

'Thank you Sergeant Rosetta'

'Call me Angelo'

'Look I have to go' Charlie said.

'Ok' Angelo said.

'But I'd like your number'

'OK' Angelo said

'Thank you' She said giving him a kiss, they found their way back to the bedroom.

'No no' She said getting up, 'Bye'

'Bye' He smiled

'Bye' She said.

'Promise you'll call' He yelled rubbing his head.

'Promise' she said kissing him.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Zetti, Red Ranger 1, soph1303 and -carina-. ( there is a point why they got friendly too quickly, but you'll have to wait and see)

Warning flashback included (Violence and sexual references)

Chapter 2:

4 weeks later:

Angelo sat fumbling with his phone, Charlie hadn't called him, she promised and now it had been four whole weeks and no reply. A follow officer walked into his office 'Sergeant we have a new officer'

'OK, send him in' Angelo said throwing his phone back down.

'Um its a she'

'Ok send her in'

The female officer walked into Angelo's office with her head bowed.

'Hi I am sergeant Rosetta' Angelo said placing his hand out.

'I know who you are' The woman mumbled lifting her head.

'Charlie' Angelo said, he saw a bruise running from her eye, her arms were bruised and she could barely see out of her right eye.

'I am sorry I didn't call'

'Hey I don't care about that right now, what happened to you?' Angelo asked with concern.

'Well we need to talk about that night'

Angelo nodded and showed Charlie a seat and locked the door.

Flashback

Charlie had just left Angelo's house, she had the biggest smile on her face, she wanted to call Angelo, but thought it'll be better to tease him. Make him wait until that night, until they meet secretly again, away from other officers. Something grabbed her and pulled her in, Charlie screamed as she saw the face of the man. The man held her down making sure she couldn't move.

'Angelo, Angelo' She screamed.

'Shut up' The man said slapping Charlie across the face.

Charlie moaned as the slap hit her so hardly, she tried to use her strength against him, but he was too strong.

Charlie couldn't deal with it she screamed and screamed as the man repeatedly hit her, 'I told you to shut up'

'You'll never get away with this' Charlie said smugly.

The Last thing Charlie knew was that she was hot across the head. She was knocked out cold and by the time she woke up the man had already left his mark, the scars showed. Charlie's phone and wallet was gone, some blood trickled form her head. Charlie got up and stumbled to the hospital.

End of Flashback

Angelo sat there with his mouth open, he didn't know what to say, Angelo did what felt normal and hugged her. She took the hug and leaned her head against his shoulder.

'You know I wanted to call you, but my phone was stolen'

'Hey, I told you I don't care about that, I want you to get better'

'Angelo, I got 4 stitches in my head'

Angelo didn't know what to say, 'Why'd you come to Summer Bay?' He asked.

'To find you and I shifted stations to be closer to you, I thought you'd be happier'

'Hey I'm so glad to see you, just you're hurt and we'll find who did this to you'

'I want that too, but Angelo I got no where to stay'

'Stay with me, I'll sleep on the couch for a while, we moved a little to quickly last time'

'Thank you, but it was fun'

'It was' Angelo smiled kissing Charlie's forehead.

Charlie turned and kissed his lips, 'I know it's a little soon, but I'm.... I'm pregnant' Charlie cried.

'Hey, I'll help you get through this baby or no baby'

'Angelo I had unprotected sex with you, then I was raped' Charlie said with tears running down her face.

'I should of been protected' Angelo sighed.

Charlie shook her head, 'NO it was fun and i look forward to more'

Angelo smiled, 'So did you report this guy?'

'No' Charlie bowed her head.

'Why? Angelo asked

'Because if they did DNA, you could show up'

Angelo nodded as he kissed Charlie's head.

Oh no, I feel so sorry for Charlie. Something like that can't be easy to deal with. I do hope that whoever did that to her doesn't get away with it!

I'm finding this fic interesting to read, and you certainly have my attention with it.

Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

Update soon. Very great start to the story :)

Archived