Wikipedia Said You'd Do This... (by Luc) - comments

HighwayUnicorn

Just finished reading the rest of this. I didn't have time to read it all this morning when you updated.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it.

It was something different & I found it really well written.

You are an amazing writer by the way.

Since you psoted it in Advertise Your Fanfic Thread, I have been waiting very patiently for it.

& it was definitely worth the wait.

Well done.

Everything about it was spot on. The dialogue, the description, emotions of the characters ... really well done.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

So excited to read this.

I don’t understand why this fandom doesn’t have more slash fic. You’d think with so many good looking boys and girls, that it would be teeming with slash fic. Sadly, it isn’t. But I’m so stoked that you’re still pushing the Lucas/Ric ship forward.

I was watching some old episodes yesterday, like Lucas/Geoff era. That was a trip.

Okay, right. Focus. Your fic in all it’s glory.

I adore your characterisation of Ric off the bat. Being friends with Lucas and Belle, kind of odd-fits together, but they work. And just knowing that ‘studying’ would equal sex. Oh Ric, already giving up sex with girls so Lucas will talk to you again. I see what’s happening, even if you don’t.

Lucas in skinny jeans. Thank you for that image. I completely understand what Ric sees.

He had other friends to talk about sex with anyway – Drew Curtis, Aden Jeffries – improbable sex with supermodels, albeit. The idea of discussing sex with Lucas became really unappealing to Ric once he worked out that he fancied him. Lucas wouldn’t get it, and should he find out it would end badly, and Ric needed him as a friend in addition to want to get into his (unreasonably tight) jeans.

Just, all of this. Having friends that Ric would talk about sex with, and Lucas not being one of them. It’s almost like he cares too much to put that pressure on Lucas. I also like how this realisation of Ric’s is not made a big deal. It’s kind of like this inevitable shift from just best friends, to maybe I want to bone my best friend. But it’s not like, Ric freaks out or anything. I like that.

Ric tried to make a coherent reply that didn’t involve him saying things like I want to touch you everywhere. He managed a nod. “Cool.”

Again, your Ric voice is so perfect. It’s equal parts confused teenager and cool dude.

And then the kiss. Screw self-control, and just going for it. I thought Ric might have scouted it out first, but really he’s a teenager. So do now, think later, works well. I really want to put into words how awesome it was. I want to comment on how you wrote it and Ric’s inner dialogue and just *knowing* that Lucas studied this sort of thing, but instead I’m a puddle on the floor. I want to just keymash everywhere because I have no coherent thoughts whatsoever. Kissing boys, *sigh*. Look at what you have reduced me to.

Don’t run away! Andrew, why do you do these things to me! I want them to keep kissing forever. Damn you Beth for coming home. I’m sure Lucas wants to keep with the kissing too, Ric. Don’t go.

It hurt. Ric let himself admit that. He missed Lucas like crazy. It wasn’t just because every time he shut his eyes he could feel Lucas kissing him; he missed just hanging out with him. It wasn’t until Lucas refused to be near him that Ric realised just how many hours a day he actually spent with Lucas.

Ouch. I feel so sorry for them both. I’m so glad Ric acknowledges that it’s not just the kissing that he misses (although that was awesome), but that he actually liked hanging out with him. They were friends first, and something else second, and now he seems to have neither. I’m all sad-face now.

Belle, please continue to be sassy and awesome and push these two boys to kiss and make up.

I approved that Lucas has a “fantastic glaring face”.

“You want to kiss me again?” he asked, sounding a cross between pleased and uncertain.

Yes. So many yeses.

And then it is awkward because they are teenagers, and for some reason this is even more attractive to me, than everything being perfect and rainbows. I like this being awkward.

Then yes to the bad scifi movie and then accidental brushing leading to kissing and laughing. I don’t know what to do with these boys. I adore everything you have written.

Oh gosh. I approve so hard to Lucas being a researcher. Just. I can’t even. Why is this such a big turn on for me?

“I think I’m gay.” Lucas blurted out.

Belle was completely silent for a moment or two. “It wasn’t my fault, was it?” she asked, casually. Lucas shook his head.

I was going to make a comment on how you’d avoided the whole ‘turning them into gay boys’ thing, and then this happened. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. On the contrary, I like that it was Lucas who’s come out with it, and to Belle no less. And then you go on to explain how Lucas would obviously get his head around this sort of thing much faster than Ric, and it just makes sense. This is what I call good writing. You’ve managed to convince me that this is perfectly in character for Lucas, and I’m totally on board with it. And then there is Ric, still confused and lagging behind in terms of re-evaluating himself, but I still like him too. Why are you doing this to me?

Then, damn. Beth, and the coming home. Kick me in the guts why don’t you. I was ready for soppy make out sessions, not emotional stuff. I’m ill-equipped.

“I want to know how you had time to say ‘how about we try this really disturbing and kinky sex act I read about online at an obscure and possibly illegal website’, but never managed to say, ‘oh, by the way, I think I may be in love with you.’ You know?” Ric replied before laughing. Lucas pulled his eyes away from Ric.

Amazing. I kind of want to roll around in your humour. It’s so nice to read this sort of fic. It’s serious, but laced with moments where I just want to laugh. It’s exactly what I enjoy reading.

The last line is brilliant, and definitely ends it on a wonderfully optimistic note.

Can I just say that I adored everything. I wish I knew more adjectives to adequately explain how much I enjoyed this. I just want to read and re-read everything, so I can continue to enjoy this.

You need to write more slash. I approve so much of this fic.

First things first. Amazing comment. Never had somebody analyse any of my fics. I guess I should be proud (and maybe a little freaked out :P).

And now, in response to your response...

I have no idea why there is very little slash and femslash in this fandom. I mean every other fandom invokes Rule 34 with every second or third fic, so I don't see why H&A of all things should be the exception. Also, I ship Lucas/Geoff too. And Aden/Geoff. And once shipped Belle/Matilda. I may have to continue writing slash.

But it’s not like, Ric freaks out or anything. I like that.

I hate when soaps and other shows always have the character have a Big Gay Freakout. Sometimes it's so unrealistic. And I just thought Ric was the kind of character who would accept it. And it was easier to write :P.

...but instead I’m a puddle on the floor. I want to just keymash everywhere because I have no coherent thoughts whatsoever. Kissing boys, *sigh*. Look at what you have reduced me to.

And my work here is done...

I was going to make a comment on how you’d avoided the whole ‘turning them into gay boys’ thing, and then this happened.

I debated so hard on whether to put that line in. But I'd established earlier that they used to date, and Belle would be the kind of person to ask that. It seemed a pretty normal reaction to me.

Can I just say that I adored everything. I wish I knew more adjectives to adequately explain how much I enjoyed this. I just want to read and re-read everything, so I can continue to enjoy this.

Can I just say, this is perhaps the greatest compliment I have ever received?

So... yeah... Thanks :P.

Is it wrong of me to reply to your reply to my comment in your fanfic thread?

Too bad, I'm doing it anyway.

First things first. Amazing comment. Never had somebody analyse any of my fics. I guess I should be proud (and maybe a little freaked out :P).

Please don't freak out. I'm just an overenthusiastic puppy, with a bit of a thing for teenage-slash fics. My long-rambling comments are all meant with love and rainbows. I promise.

I have no idea why there is very little slash and femslash in this fandom. I mean every other fandom invokes Rule 34 with every second or third fic, so I don't see why H&A of all things should be the exception. Also, I ship Lucas/Geoff too. And Aden/Geoff. And once shipped Belle/Matilda. I may have to continue writing slash.

I'm still on the Aden/Geoff ship. Maybe after this I could also be Lucas/Ric. At the moment I'm deciding who I want to ship Dex with, because, seriously. That boy is begging to have all the slash in the word written about him. I can't decide if it's more or less awkward to ship him with Romeo or Casey. But those are my thoughts that you probably don't care about.

But it’s not like, Ric freaks out or anything. I like that.

I hate when soaps and other shows always have the character have a Big Gay Freakout. Sometimes it's so unrealistic. And I just thought Ric was the kind of character who would accept it. And it was easier to write :P.

I totally understand. I liked that Ric was just like, 'okay, this is what I feel. No big deal.' He was more concerned with how Luc would react anyway, and that is what made it all the more sweet.

I was going to make a comment on how you’d avoided the whole ‘turning them into gay boys’ thing, and then this happened.

I debated so hard on whether to put that line in. But I'd established earlier that they used to date, and Belle would be the kind of person to ask that. It seemed a pretty normal reaction to me.

I'm glad you put it in. After reading it a couple more times, it felt more natural. And especially since you ended the fic with the whole 'I love you'/'I don't want a boyfriend/Only you' conversation, I think it was necessary. When I was reading it through the first time I was a little worried that it would be like a flick of a switch and Bam! Lucas is Gay. But it's more, he's gay for Ric, and I'm totally okay with that.

Can I just say, this is perhaps the greatest compliment I have ever received?

So... yeah... Thanks :P.

You are more than welcome :).

When I enjoy peoples fic, I tend to spam them with comments and unnecessary amount.

Is it wrong of me to reply to your reply to my comment in your fanfic thread?

About as wrong as me replying to your reply to my reply to your reply.

At the moment I'm deciding who I want to ship Dex with, because, seriously. That boy is begging to have all the slash in the word written about him. I can't decide if it's more or less awkward to ship him with Romeo or Casey.

I ship him with Romeo. No idea why, I just do. Once I've seen a bit more of Casey, I'll probably ship them too.

So yeah. More slash is on the way, I hope. Probably more Lucas/Ric.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm not going to read then not comment cos life's too short to worry about things. I liked your story, its very sweet, funny and interesting. I liked the Lucas, Ric, Drew, Belle, Matilda group, its a shame they've left.

Edited by Miranda

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Wikipedia Said You'd Do This... (by Luc) - comments