A Summer Bay Wedding II

Guest TelephotoMarigold

Chapter 70

Ella watched the girls getting ready rushing excitedly from room to room in the hotel suite as the two make up artists did their work alongside the two hairdressers. She gave a slow smile to Nic who was watching her like a hawk before moving away from the chaos out to the balcony. Looking out on the claming sea view she took some very deep breaths to try and control the panic feelings that were threatening to overwhelm her.

"Step-mama?" Nic murmured coming out behind her.

"Leave me alone Nic." Ella told her. "I need some space ok."

"What's the matter El?" Nic asked stepping forward. "This is your wedding day aren't you a little bit excited?"

"Back off Nicole because all I want to do is tell everyone to go home there isn't going to be a wedding. I hate this." Ella snapped out before turning away and looking once more at the view.

She gulped in more breaths until she began to hyperventilate and a full panic attack started.

"Ella snap out of this." Nic muttered striding forward and putting her hand on Ella's arms. She forced Ella to look at her and breathed slowly in and out until Ella copied her and her breathing eased.

"Ok Step-mama. I came to tell you the flowers have arrived and there is a package for you." Nic told her.

Elal nodded and moved shakily into the lounge area. She saw the white box with yellow ribbon around it that matched the bridesmaid dresses exactly and sighed before approaching it like there was a bomb about to go off. She ignored looks from Nic and Danni before opening the package slowly and seeing pure white roses.

"Wow." Nic gasped.

"Ella they are lovely. If you aren't marrying Roman can I?" Danni asked her. "I'll just about fit in the dress."

"Danni yuk!" Gabby gasped out. "That's like practically marrying your dad."

Ella gave them a look before lifting out the white envelope with her name scrawled on in Roman's handwriting. She moved back to the balcony without saying a word.

Danni grinned and pushed Gabby before walking back to the bedroom followed by Amy-Belle and then Gabby.

"Is mum ok?" Sophie asked them.

"Yeah she's fine. Are you wearing makeup?" Danni answered and then asked her quesiton.

Sophie nodded

"Mum said it was ok." she told her quickly. "It's not too much is it?"

Danni grinned and hugged her.

"You look beautiful. Do you want help getting into your dress?"

Sophie shook her head cautiously mindful of the curls in her long hair. She glanced over at Angel and the two girls smiled at each other.

"No I'm fine." She said softly.

Danni gave her a hug before moving over to Lily and William.

"Dress?" Lily asked lifting up her arms.

"Not yet. Are you going to sit on my lap and let the hairdresser do your hair?" she asked her.

Lilly looked over at her brother and then the other two girls, Mira and Millie and nodded.

"Me pretty?" she asked.

Danni nodded.

"Very pretty." She told her sister.

Lily smiled and let herself be picked up and taken over to the stool near the dresser. Danni sat down and smiled at Lily as she was placed carefully on her lap.

"Ok go for it." she told the hairdresser.

Meggy grinned and moved over to the wardrobe taking out her dress. She eased it on over the curls in her hair and grinned as Sophie moved to her side and helped her.

"You look like a princess Megs." Sophie said softly.

"So do you." Meggy cried out at her sister looking at her in her dress.

Sophie grinned.

"I have something for you." She told her.

Meggy smiled as a small package was put in her hands.

"What is this for?" Meggy said quickly.

"Because you like my perfume." Sophie told her. "I bought you some to wear. It's nothing."

"Oh Soph." Meggy cried out hugging her sister.

"What's this?" Ruby asked them moving away from where one of the make up artists had done her face.

"Nothing." Sophie said slowly. "Just sister stuff."

Ruby smiled at them before looking at Annie.

"Hear that it's sister stuff!" she grinned at her.

"That would normally be cause for a pillow fight." Annie said with a glance at Nic and over at Belle.

"So don't you dare." Nic cried out with a squeal.

Sophie laughed and picked up a small cushion throwing it at Nic.

"Sophie Nicole Harris." Nic cried out.

"Wait, they named you after her?" Annie asked hearing Ruby giggle at the question.

Sophie nodded the long curls around her face bouncing with the movement.

"And what is wrong with that?" Nic asked them haughtily.

Annie and Ruby looked at each other and grinned.

"Ella is way sneaky. Naming the kid after you cuts down the sibling rivalry aspect. I mean you can't get jealous of your namesake." Ruby told her.

"Hey!" Nic gasped out.

Annie chuckled.

Sophie walked over to Nic's side.

"My sister is very special otherwise I wouldn't have been named after her." She announced.

"Yeah, we all have special names." Meggy added.

Annie nodded.

"It's ok we're just teasing the Nicster." She told them easing off the bed and going over to them. "We love her too," she added softly kneeling in front of them.

"Are you teasing my Mummy?" Angel asked coming away from the other hairdresser.

"Just a little." Nic told her. "Wow babes." She murmured looking at her daughter. "I think curls suit you."

Angel blushed and giggled when Sophie nodded at her.

They looked over at Lily when she giggled suddenly.

"Me curls like Liam," she announced.

"Me curls." Mira cried out pouting

"Come on Mira." Nic said scooping her daughter up and taking her over to the empty seat for her hair to be done.

"Me too." Lisped Millie.

Gabby grinned and went over to the last little girl picking her up she moved to the spot vacated by Danni and Lily and eased down.

"Why have we got William too?" Ruby asked looking at the little boy.

"Oh that would be because Lily won't go without him." Meggy explained.

Ruby smiled and caught Annie's eye.

"Yeah they are kind of special kids." She said softly and watched as Annie nodded.

"I'm going to get changed." Sophie said moving into the bathroom. She came out after a few minutes and watched as Annie moved into the bathroom.

"Is Mum ok?" she asked Danni once more. "Because she should really be getting dressed now."

Danni and Nic shared a look before Danni slowly nodded. She placed Lily on the floor in her bridesmaid dress and watched as she carefully moved over to William and sat down her hand smoothing out the material of the dress.

Meggy grinned and moved over to sit with her being just as careful with her dress.

Ella looked at the familiar writing on the envelope before turning it over and beginning to undo the sealed flap. She saw that he'd put a little heart on it and added the letters SWALK to it and grinned despite the -so-incredibly-nervous-she-wanted-to-throw-up feelings running through her. Easing out the pages she took in the heavy bond paper he must have bought especially for this letter and sighed as she opened the page and began to read.

"My Ella,

Round about now I expect you to be plotting a way to climb off the balcony and escape the attentions of your hairdresser and the hundred bridesmaids you have. I know this isn't easy for you. But I hope you read these words and it helps ease your fears enough to meet me at the church so I can marry you again."

Ella gasped and looked around before narrowing her eyes slightly and looked back at the letter. She gave a little "hrumph" sound and bit her bottom lip as she continued to read.

"You know that I love you El, and you know that bad stuff happens just as much as the good stuff but what we have transcends all that. Our love has made so many babies, lasted through so many years and has brought us here together, despite everything bad that has ever tried to keep us apart. And something I love about you even though it does drive me totally insane is that you are the bravest person I know. Can you hang on to that for a few extra hours to bring you to me El? I swear that I will protect you for the rest of our lives together.

Your loving Husband-to-be, Roman.

PS XXXXX"

Ella looked up and muttered a swearword before pacing into the bedroom.

"Nicole not a word." She announced before heading into the bathroom, seeing the other girl start to say something to her. They heard muttering and the occasional swearword before Ella came out wearing her wedding dress. She had pulled on the sexy underwear underneath it and managed to wear the incredibly high heels she'd first wanted to wear. The ankle straps had caused the most swearing as she tried not to damage her nail polish as she fiddled with the buckles. Moving over to the box of flowers she took out her headpiece and handed it to one of the hairdressers letting them work on her hair.

"Are you ready?" she asked them all.

"Yes Mummy." Sophie answered for them.

"Is the car here yet?"

Nic grinned.

"Not yet Step-mama." She replied.

"Well it better hurry up before I change my mind again." Ella said and met Meggy's gaze in the mirror.

"Quick go and give them a call." Meggy said with a grin. "While we've got her distracted."

"Not funny Megan Hope Harris." Ella said to her daughter.

Meggy moved over to her and sat down.

"The full name call?" Meggy murmured. "Really Mummy was that worth a full name call? And anyway I never hear you do that to Danni."

Danni looked at them and paled.

"Ella." She said pleadingly followed by. "Megan how did you find out?"

"Megs hears everything." Sophie murmured. "Donna…" she began only to have Danni put her hand over her mouth.

"You aren't fighting are you?" Ella asked with a giggle.

"No." Danni said quickly removing her hand from over Sophie's mouth.

Sophie giggled.

"Ok the cars are downstairs. Are we ready?" Nic asked coming through from the other room.

Ella looked in the mirror and gave a slow hesitant nod before standing and heading out of the room. She saw Danni pick up William as Gabby gathered Lily to her. Amy-belle took Millie and finally Nic picked up Mira.

"All set?" She asked them.

Lily lifted her hand to her head and touched the flowers in her hair.

"Mummy pretty." She told her.

"Yes you are." Ella smiled at her baby.

"No not Lily. Mummy pretty." She explained giving Ella a smile.

"True Lily." Ruby told her. "Your Mummy is very pretty."

Ella gave them a glare before heading out of the room. She moved to the elevators followed by everyone before getting on one and going to the car.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 71

Roman looked at the boys and sighed.

“Did we iron those shirts at all?” he asked Sammy and Georgie.

The grinned and gave each other a high five.

“Psyched Dad.” Georgie announced. They moved out of the lounge and came back a few minutes later dressed in neatly pressed shirts and adding their waistcoats and jackets.

“Are we ready?” Miles asked Roman.

He nodded before looking at his hand and slowly taking off his ring.

“Don’t lose them.” he muttered handing it to Miles.

“I won’t I’ve got the other one right here.” He said patting his pocket. He gave a little panicked squeak before patting all of his pockets and finally locating Ella’s ring. He opened the velvet pouch and put Roman’s ring in with Ella’s before putting them back into his pocket.

“Not funny Miles.” Roman said giving him a glare.

“Ok.” Mike said softly. “Time to get you to the church.”

Roman nodded and took a step towards the door before glancing down at his feet.

“Just a second.” He said his cheeks turning red as he moved to put his shoes on.

Miles looked at Mike.

“How far were you going to let him go before you said anything?” he asked.

Mike grinned.

“Are you kidding like I was going to tell him.” he grinned as Roman gave him another narrow-eyed look.

“I’m sure you owe me for getting you out of a cave somewhere.” He said slowly.

Mike chuckled.

“You keep living in the past, you should move on.” He murmured and earned a high five of Miles.

“Lets go.” Roman announced and led them out to the waiting car. He got Sammy and Georgie seated first before climbing in himself followed by Mike and then Miles. The car eased away and headed towards the church.

“Are you really nervous Daddy?” Sammy asked him.

Roman looked at him and grinned.

“I just want to see your Mummy in her dress.” He explained slowly ignoring grins from Mike and Miles.

Sammy nodded.

“So do we. Sophie said she looks like a princess.”

Mike smiled and reached over to ruffle Sammy’s hair.

“Hey!” Sammy muttered frowning at him. “I put gel in it.”

“Yeah I found that out.” Mike said rubbing his hand with his handkerchief.

“We’re there.” Miles told them interrupting Sammy and Georgie giggling.

Roman gave a nod and took a deep breath as he stepped out of the car as soon as it slowed to a stop. He saw Aden and Geoff at the door with Brett. They were performing the duties of Usher and guiding everyone in.

“Ok?” he asked them.

“No problems.” Aden gave him a grin.

“My family here?” he asked looking around.

“Everyone is here.” Geoff told him.

Roman nodded and looked over at Miles.

“Lets get married.” Roman murmured.

“Really, but this is so sudden, won’t Ella be a little upset? Ouh, maybe she can lend you the dress.” Miles replied causing everyone to laugh.

“Not funny. Give me the rings you’re demoted to usher.” Roman said glaring at him.

Miles chuckled and patted him on his back.

“Come on lets get you inside.” He murmured steering Roman inside the church. “That’s funny.” Miles added quietly. “I was expecting thunderbolts.”

Roman glared at him again.

“Because I’m in church, yeah yeah very funny.” Roman muttered.

Miles grinned and led him up the altar to where they waited.

“Think Roman is going to chose another Best man next time he gets married?” Mike asked earning a laugh from Aden and Geoff.

“Hey!” Georgie muttered. “That’s not so funny.”

Mike looked at his brother.

“Just wait until you’ve been to as many wedding’s of theirs as I have bro.”

Aden laughed and then sobered quickly.

“Better get Granddad.” Mike said to Sammy.

Sammy nodded and ran inside the church.

“Was that a good idea you know he can’t control his talking when he’s excited.” Georgie muttered.

Mike looked at Geoff and Aden who were trying not to smirk as their minds immediately went into the gutter and knelt down in front of Georgie.

“It’s ok bro, Sammy needs to do stuff to stop him getting too wound up.” Mike explained. “And you know I was only joking about Mum and Dad don’t you?”

Georgie nodded and then grinned as the cars drew to a halt outside the church.

“It’s Mummy.” He whispered.

Mike smiled and gave his brother a hug before standing and going over to the car. He opened up the back door and started helping everyone out. Giving Danni a kiss as he saw her.

They waited a heartbeat before Ella climbed out of the car taking her fathers’ hand as she stood up. Nic handed her bouquet to her and gave her a quick nod.

“Mum.” Mike whispered. “Just like wow.” He murmured.

“Really?” she asked uncertainly smoothing down the lace of the dress.

He nodded.

“I’ve never seen you look so beautiful.” He said softly.

Ella gave a nod and looked at her Dad seeing his eyes shinning with tears.

“Ok Dad, you gotta not do this to me I can’t go up that aisle blubbering.”

George nodded and gave her a smile.

“Sorry it’s just that you really do look like a Princess.” He said emotionally. “I want to thank Roman for making you do this because I have never been more proud of my daughter than I am today.”

Ella blinked back tears and stepped forward.

“Ok little ones in front.” Danni began organising leading the smallest ones in front of them. They heard the music start and began walking up the aisle. Meggy Sophie and Angel next before Danni Gabby and Amy-Belle. Lily stopped and looked back before Meggy took her hand and carried on walking.

“Liam coming.” She told her sister softly.

Nic hid a chuckle before taking hold of William from Belle and beginning the walk up the aisle with him letting Lily see before a tantrum started. Belle Ruby and Annie followed before Ella began to walk her hand on her fathers arm.

She looked up the front and saw Roman eventually turn and look at her and she smiled at him.

He waited until she finally reached his side before turning again and whispering.

“Beautiful.”

She gave a nod.

“Dearly Beloved we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.” The chaplain began.

Ella found herself gasping as she remembered the voice from the long ago days when they were in Afghanistan trying to find a way to be together. This was the same Chaplain who had performed the blessing on them. Her eyes flew to Roman and he gave her a small brief nod knowing what she was asking in her glance at him.

“Who gives this woman?”

“I do.” George said proudly handing her to Roman with the symbolic moving of her hand into his.

He stepped back and moved to sit next to Irene, smiling at his wife when she discretely handing him a tissue.

Ella shot him a smile before her focus was once more on Roman.

“The bonds of matrimony are not to be taken lightly and it is with a deep spiritual commitment that you are joined together today. Please repeat after me, I Roman Harris take you Elizabeth Louise Laura Addison Harris to be my lawful wedded wife.”

Roman looked deeply into Ella’s sapphire eyes, feeling like he could drown in their depths as he fell once more in love with her.

“I, Roman Harris take you Elizabeth Louise Laura Harris to be my lawful wedded wife.” He intoned emotionally.

“To love honour and cherish, in sickness and health for richer or poorer.”

Roman glanced at the chaplain before he repeated the words.

“Forsaking all others from this day forward until Death does you part?”

He repeated the words his hand shaking from the depth of feeling he was experiencing.

“Please repeat after me.” The chaplain began turning to Ella. “I Elizabeth Louise Laura Addison Harris take you Roman Harris to be my husband.”

Ella looked up at Roman and squeezed his hand before she repeated her vows.

“Who has the rings?” The chaplain asked.

Mikes grinned and handed them over carefully.

“It is in the giving and receiving of these rings.” He intoned saying a blessing over them. He lowered his bible and Roman took Ella’s ring and eased it on to her finger slowly before she did likewise with his.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” He murmured.

Roman smiled his face relaxing finally before he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips.

She smiled up at him.

“Hello husband.” She murmured softly.

He cupped her face between his hands and kissed her again before reluctantly breaking apart.

“Ladies and gentlemen may I present Mr and Mrs Harris.” The chaplain called out as roman and Ella turned and began to walk down the aisle together.

Chapter 72

Ella and Roman finally escaped to the car and climbed inside.

“Mrs Harris.” He said softly.

“Mr Harris.” She grinned and kissed him.

“I love you.” He murmured ignoring the knowing look from the driver in the rear view mirror.

“I love you too.” Ella said softly taking hold of his hand and pressing it against herself. He smiled some more before putting his arm around her and holding her close to him.

“Are you ok?” he asked slowly.

Ella nodded.

“But I do want the day to be over.” She murmured.

He nodded understanding the reason why.

“The kids looked amazing.” He said quietly.

“You’re telling me. Sammy did something to his hair.”

“Hair gel.” Roman told her with a nod.

“They are growing up.” She said with a sigh.

“Yes.” Roman agreed. “Good job we are having some more to keep us young.”

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

He smiled and kissed her again.

“We’re there.” he said as the car pulled up outside the hotel.

“Damn I was hoping you were going to surprise me with the beach.” She said and saw him give her a look.

“Are we going to have our first argument?” he said to her grinning at the flush of colour on her cheeks.

“Maybe.” She told him.

Roman climbed out of the car and helped her out guiding her into the hotel and along to the ballroom. He opened the door and peeked inside seeing the lit candles and the flowers in amongst the cream and gold tables. He glanced at the curtains at the windows and saw the yellow ribbon bows pulling the curtains back to the side of the windows, acting as tiebacks.

“Ok.” he said pushing the door open and letting her walk inside.

“Oh Roman.” She gasped out trying to see everything at once. She moved over to a table and touched the ribbon tied around the cream chair cover. The shade matched the bridesmaid dresses exactly. She walked around the room looking at the candles and the flowers. Her hand touched one of the vases and she smiled before running back over to him and hurling herself into his waiting arms.

“It’s so beautiful.” She said softly.

“I’m glad you like it.” he murmured holding her close to him before kissing her once more.

“I don’t like it I absolutely love it.” she said. “Thank you.”

He laughed swinging her around in a circle before kissing her again before lowering her gently to her feet and watching as she took hold of his hand leading him around the room. She looked at their places on the top table and noticed the scattering of dimantes in amongst the golden table confetti.

“It sparkles.” She said in awe. “Oh my God Roman this is even better than the beach.” She added and flushed when he laughed.

“It’s ok.” he admitted. “I’m just so relieved that you like it.”

She nodded.

“Is it safe to come in?” Nic asked from the door.

Ella turned and looked at her.

“Family first ok.” she stated.

Nic nodded and they began to move into the room.

“Wow.” Sophie gasped her eyes huge in her face as she looked around the room.

“It’s amazing.” Meggy whispered.

Ella walked over to them giving them a hug each, then hugging her boys and finally picking up Lily and then William.

“El.” Roman said quickly.

She looked at him and gave him a grin before reluctantly placing them down.

“We have something to tell you.” Ella began.

Roman moved to her side and took hold of her hand giving it a squeeze. He glanced at her before looking over at Gabby.

“Where is Jacob?” he asked quickly frowning at her.

“You said family.” Gabby murmured.

“Well that includes him. “ Ella told her and saw the other girl smile before racing out to get him.

“Don’t tell me we should have bought presents?” Aden quipped.

“Yeah, that reminds me I need to talk to you later.” Ella muttered looking at him. “About something you said on his bucks night.”

Roman gave a short bark of laughter as he watched Aden and Geoff exchange a look whilst paling.

“Ok he’s here.” Gabby announced breathlessly pulling him reluctantly into the room.

Ella nodded.

“Ok everyone. First of all thank you for being bridesmaids and ushers today and for putting up with wedding talk over the past six months.” She began. “We recently found out something and.” She stopped and looked at Roman.

“Well it’s like this. Gabby you have a brother.” He said bluntly. “You were a twin.”

Gabby looked at them before looking at Jacob. She gave a gasp and put her hand to her throat.

“Am I older or younger?” she managed.

“We don’t know.” Ella supplied.

“That’s so cool.” Sophie grinned and watched Meggy and Sammy as they digested the information.

“My god.” Aden gasped out.

“Do we know where he is?” Jacob asked the question moving protectively closer to Gabby and putting his arm around her.

“We are looking for him.” Roman said feeling Ella’s hand stroke his back before she stepped closer to him.

“Thank you for telling us.” Nic said quietly. “I can’t believe that I have so much family around.”

Geoff gave a little sigh and put his arm around her pressing a kiss to her temple.

“It’s just like wow.” Mike grinned. “I can’t wait to meet him.”

Ella nodded.

“I’m with Sammy on this one.” She announced. “I’m so excited I’m nearly peeing my pants.”

Sammy looked at her and gave her a glare before grinning.

“Ok.” Roman said. “Time to party. Let everyone in.”

Geoff and Aden moved over to the doors and opened them and at the same time Gabby moved over to her mother.

“Thank you for telling me.” She said slowly. “But thank you most of all for including Jacob.”

Ella and Roman shared a look before Ella embraced her daughter.

“He’s family isn’t he?” Roman pointed out.

Gabby grinned and looked over at him.

“Yes he is.” She murmured before stepping back to his side and taking hold of his hand.

“Ok?” Jacob asked her.

Gabby nodded.

“Yes.” She said simply.

Ella grinned and turned to Roman.

“I need to sit down.” She said slowly,

Roman looked at her in concern and guided her to their seats on the top table. She eased down into a chair and sighed with relief.

“Tell me it isn’t the babies.” Roman begged huskily.

“Only if babies is a new term for designer high heels.” Ella told him.

Roman looked down and watched as Ella lifted her wedding dress and he saw the silver sandals with the 6 inch heels.

“That would explain why the dress seemed to make you taller.” He murmured.

Ella nodded.

“And they have ankle straps.” She said.

Roman gave her another look.

“I don’t have a fetish.” He announced. “I just like your ankles.” He paused and looked at her expression. “Who is standing behind me?” he asked quickly

“That would be me.” Aden said.

“You are right every time we say something embarrassing someone is automatically there.”

Ella nodded before leaning over and kissing him.

“Anyway, here is your drink.” Aden said still smirking as he handed over a glass of champagne to Roman and the non-alcoholic version to Ella.

“Thank you.” Roman told him.

“No thank you. For including Belle as your bridesmaid and us as family.” Aden told him emotionally.

“Belle is my daughter-in-law.” Ella said softly with a shrug.

“Still it means a lot.” Aden said and eased away moving back to his wife’s side. They watched him speak to her before sitting down at the table next to his family.

“Thank you from me too.” Roman murmured leaning over and placing a kiss on her temple.

“For?” she asked.

“Accepting my children as yours and yeah, I know I did the same with Mike but I don’t think I’ve ever really said thank you before.” He explained taking hold of her hand in his as he looked around the room.

Ella gave him a look before lifting his hand to her lips and pressing a kiss on to it watching as he smiled over at her before kissing her again.

“Put her down.” Miles grouched taking his seat next to them.

“You don’t have to sit here Miles. You can sit with Leona.” Ella pointed out.

Miles looked at them.

“Not until after I’ve given the most embarrassing best man speech ever.” He told them seeing Ella chuckling.

“Thank you Miles.” Roman said dryly. “At what point should I remind you I’m trained to kill?”

Miles smiled.

“Doesn’t matter anymore. I’ll just set Lee on to you.”

Roman glared at him before turning back to Ella and seeing her smile.

“Think that’s funny do you, wife?” he asked.

She gave him a look before leaning over and kissing him, her free hand cupping his face.

“Love you husband.” She told him.

He grinned and kissed her again before easing back and looking around the room. He saw his parents seated with his brother Santino and his wife along with Belle and Aden. Megs moved on to the table with her husband, her children already mingling with Meggy and Sammy. Nate and Suzy were on another table with Danni and Mike. Amy-belle seated there too. He looked over and watched as Rachel and Tony sat with Leah and Jacko and Pete and also James and felt his wife smirking at him.

“Leah and Jacko?” Roman asked.

Miles laughed.

“Well you told me to have Leona as a bridesmaid because of Miles being your best man.” Ella said slowly watching as Miles choked on his drink.

“Think everyone is seated.” Roman said after a minute.

Miles looked at him before standing and tapping a knife against his glass. The hum of conversation stopped and all eyes turned to him.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I have the honour of introducing Mr and Mrs Roman Harris.” He said and looked on as a round of applause went around the room.

“Thank you very much.” Roman said easing up from his seat. “As you can see at the end of the room there is a buffet as today’s menu. Please help yourselves.”

A hum of conversation started before people began standing and moving to the end of the room toward the buffet.

“Wife do you want me to get yours or can those shoes last a bit longer?” Roman asked her with a grin.

She gave him a look before standing and walking around the table. He followed her slowly before increasing his stride and catching up with her. She gave him a look before he felt her place her hand in his as he led them round the tables. He spoke to members of his family and to their friends before getting in the queue for the food. He found himself standing behind Ella placing his arms around her to rest on her stomach.

“Congratulations.” Colleen called out looking at them. “And well congratulations.” She added looking at the way Roman had his hands.

“Busted.” Ella said with a grin.

She eased out of his embrace and leaned over to kiss Colleen on the cheek.

“We aren’t announcing it yet.” She said softly. “Because well it’s going to be a little difficult.”

She eased back and saw Colleen nod before she reached out and patted her hand.

“Thank you.” Roman told the older woman.

He leaned forward and kissed her before they moved forward in the line.

“Hello.” Alyssa said stiltedly, coming over to them.

“Mum, glad you could make it.” Roman said easing exchanging a brief look with Ella.

“It was a beautiful wedding.” Marco told him.

Roman smiled.

“It’s been a magical day.”

“The dress is nice.” Alyssa added after a pause.

“Thank you.” Ella said softly trying not to grin as she felt Roman’ tense beside her.

“Unusual choice of bridesmaids.” Alyssa commented scanning the room for all those dressed in the yellow bridesmaid dresses.

“On the contrary…” Roman began before he felt Ella’s hand touch the middle of his back.

“I had my daughters.” Ella interrupted. “Belle is my daughter in law, Nic my stepdaughter. Then you have Ruby and Annie who I sort of adopted when I first moved to the Bay. Then Danni, Gabby, Sophie, Meggy and Lily my other daughters followed by Amy-Belle, Angel and Mira my granddaughters.”

Alyssa nodded.

“And the other little girl?” Alyssa asked.

“Oh that would be my daughter Millie.” Leona said from nearby. “Ella is her god-mother.” She explained.

“So I couldn’t really leave any of them out could I?” Ella said with a grin.

Alyssa gave a small nod.

“Ok Granny?” Nic asked coming over to Alyssa’s side. “Did you see the cake my dad decorated?” she continued ignoring the fact that Alyssa had paled at the Granny part of the statement before steering the other woman away.

Ella half turned away to hide her smile.

“Sorry.” Marco said quickly.

“Don’t worry about it.” Ella told him. “Have you met Jacko, Pete and James?” she asked him pointing out the three men heading for the bar in the distance. “They were Roman’s buddies in the army.”

Marco smiled.

“I might go and say hello.” He murmured.

Ella nodded and watched as he moved away.

“Have I told you I love you?” Roman asked her as they rejoined the line and moved closer to the food.

“Don’t think so.” Ella said wrinkling her nose up.

Roman threw back his head and laughed before kissing her.

“And that would be why the boys have gone for more drinks.” Leah said from behind them, referring to Jacko, Pete and James, Roman’s ex-army buddies.

“What?” Ella asked.

“Apparently it’s a drinking contest between them. Every time you kiss they have to drink.” Rachel told them with a smile.

“Ot oh!” Ella said seeing the smirk on Roman’s face. “You shouldn’t have told him that!”

Tony chuckled.

“It will make for an interesting evening anyway.”

“So Leah, which one do you like?” Ella asked bluntly and laughed when the other woman blushed.

Rachel gave her friend a look before leaning over to Ella.

“I think it’s Jacko but he’s playing hard to get.” She whispered conspiratorially.

“You two are awful.” Leah gasped out before laughing.

Ella giggled before Roman eased her forward and they collected plates and cutlery. He guided her to some of her favourite things grinning as she put a healthy amount of food on her plate adding extra salad before leaning down and kissing her.

“I’m taking care.” Ella whispered to him.

Leah gave her a look before caught Rachel watching carefully.

“Mrs Harris is there something you want to share?” Leah asked quickly.

“Only some wedding cake later.” Ella told her with a grin starting to move away.

“Uh huh.” She heard Leah murmur.

“I think half the room knows.” Roman said softly.

“Well they wouldn’t have guessed if you weren’t doing your over-protective bit.” Ella mumbled moving to sit down. She placed the plate in front of her and grinned when Roman sat beside her and immediately took hold of her hand.

“It’s not over protective.” He denied. “Just protective.”

Ella gave him a look before spotting Jacko walking back to the table with Pete and James.

“No.” she said to Roman reading his expression.

He chuckled before moving and kissing her watching out the corner of his eye as Jacko and the others took a drink of their beer.

“They are right.” Roman told her when they split apart. “It’s a drinking competition.”

Ella laughed before leaning over and kissing Roman.

“How drunk are you planning to get them?” she asked.

“Extremely.” Roman confirmed and kissed her again.

Ella laughed before beginning to eat.

“Can I have you attention please.” Miles called out after a time standing up. “It’s time for the speeches.”

Roman looked over at Ella before giving a groan.

“Now in my duty as best man I am supposed to deliver a speech telling you all about Roman including several embarrassing incidents.” Miles began shooting a sideways look to Roman. “However, as many of you know Roman used to be in the SAS and has assured me, quite recently in fact, on several occasions now, that he is trained to kill.”

Ella laughed along with the guests before looking at her husband and seeing the flush of colour on his cheeks.

“But well I couldn’t resist sharing a few of the stories I’ve heard.” Miles continued and looked at his notes. “Actually that one is still classified.” He murmured placing a notecard on the table for effect. “Yeah, well Ella is present so I can’t say that one.” He added doing the same action. “Oh now this one is good.” He paused and shot another sideways look at Roman. “Er… maybe not.”

The room was laughing openly as he continued.

“Well anyway, here is to Ella and Roman proving that love really does conquer all.” Miles said softly his eyes seeking out Leona before he continued. “And that in finding their happiness they want everyone to be included. Roman has been a good friend to me for many years, always there in a crisis and ready to help but more than that. There was a time when he had to leave the Bay leaving his daughter behind. It was no easy feet for him to do this as they had only just found each other but he somehow thought I would be suitable to take care of her. Thank you for your friendship and also your trust.” Miles said emotionally.

Roman inclined his head indicating how touched he was at his friends’ words.

“So Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Mr and Mrs Harris.” Miles said after a minute. He raised his glass and saluted them before taking a drink watching as around the room everyone did likewise.

Roman stood and moved over to Miles shaking his hand before giving the other man a hug.

“Thank you mate.” He said gruffly before sitting back down.

“Must be my turn.” Georgie said after a few minutes.

He stood up and turned to Roman and Ella.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, most of you know my beautiful feisty daughter Elizabeth. She’s not had the best of starts in life dealing with a lot of bad things but each time something awful happens she somehow comes back and is more wonderful than ever.” Georgie paused as he tried to swallow past the lump in his throat. “She once got told not to have children but well looking around the room you can see that she listened to that advice well.”

Roman chuckled earning a glare from Ella before she smiled too.

“As a young girl she was into sports earning many medals for running and gymnastics. In fact she is well renowned for the running bit, having decided early on she didn’t like her boarding school in England she spent many a summer disappearing on us. The furthest she got was Hong Kong before I had to stop my credit card being used and had to go fetch her.”

“Dad!” Ella groaned looking at him.

“It’s all right I won’t mention that you got us both arrested and nearly caused a diplomatic incident.” He said to her loud enough for the room to hear, grinning as she blushed.

Looking up he continued.

“Today I was struck by how beautiful she looked in her dress, but it made me wonder.” He paused giving her a mock-quizzical look. “We all know that Ella is not too fond of being in the spotlight and I understand from Mike that she nearly didn’t make it to her first wedding with Roman all those years ago suffering with nerves. All these facts led to only one conclusion, that underneath this lovely long dress my daughter will probably be wearing running shoes just in case she needs to make a quick exit.”

The room gave a laugh as Ella also laughed and shook her head.

“Was that no to the exit or the running shoes?” George asked her.

“The shoes, I don’t think she’s decided about the exit yet.” Roman said earning a laugh. He smiled as Ella gave him a look before leaning forward and kissing her, hearing a smattering of ah’s from around the room.

“Anyway,” George said lifting his glass. “To my daughter.” He said lifting his glass and taking a drink. “And her wonderful husband.” He added. “May the happiest you are today only be a fraction of the happiness to come.”

Ella blinked back tears before standing and kissing him.

“Thank you Daddy.” She murmured. “I love you.”

He nodded before easing back into his chair.

Roman smiled taking Ella’s hand and giving it a squeeze before he stood up.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, although a more appropriate term would be family because in many ways you all are our family whether by blood or by adoption. I want to start by thanking you for being here today and for giving me acceptance when I was in need of a place to call home.” He paused for a moment before feeling Ella taking hold of his hand. Looking at her expression he gave her a smile before continuing. “And then when Ella amazingly came back into my life you welcomed her just as easily.” He once more looked to her before gazing around the room. “And so today I want to thank you for that.” He raised his glass and took a drink. “My next thanks go to the hundred bridesmaids we had today.”

“Me pretty bridesmaid.” Lily shouted out making everyone laugh.

“Thank you Lily.” Roman said with a smile. "And finally a last thanks goes to my beautiful wife Ella. Thank you for being my strength, my hope, my love. Thank you for the many amazing things you do everyday and thank you most of all for turning up today.”

Ella gave a groan before smiling as Roman leaned over and kissed her.

“To my wife.” He stated taking a drink.

Ella inclined her head before standing up.

“Last speech I promise.” She began. “Then it’s cake time.”

The room erupted into laughter and Ella looked over at Meggy who was giggling. She gave her daughter a smile before picking up her glass.

“To all of you my family, “ she indicated the room with a sweeping gesture with her glass. “To my lovely kids and to my husband, thank you all for being here today May you all be as happy as we are.”

She took a drink before sitting back down.

Roman smiled at her before kissing her once more.

“Shall we cut the cake now?” she asked Roman after more time passed.

He nodded and stood leading her over to the table by the side of them He picked up the knife and grinned as she put her hand over his her thumb caressing his hand briefly.

He caught her expression and grinned at her.

“Don’t want to cut it do you?” he whispered.

“Not really but it is cake.” She whispered back.

He leaned over and kissed her again.

“Get on with it!” Belle called out. “We need cake over here.”

Ella giggled before they pressed the knife into the icing and cut the first slice. Roman lifted it onto the plate before breaking a small piece off and feeding Ella. She did likewise for him to a smatter of applause. He handed her the plate and they eased back to the table before a nearby waiter moved over and began portioning out the cake and they were passed around.

“It’s lovely.” Roman told her.

“That right Chef”? Ella asked cheekily.

He chuckled and kissed her again.

“So what’s left?” he asked.

“First dance, throw the bouquet and then we get to go to bed.” She said with a lot of emphasis on the bed part thinking only of kicking her shoes off and putting her feet up. “Who is it now?” she asked seeing Roman smirk.

“Still me.” Aden grinned from behind them. “Nic sent me to ask if you want her to put Lily and William down for a sleep.”

“Yes please.” Ella said slowly still blushing.

“And well you could use it as an excuse if you need to leave for ten minutes.” He added.

Roman gave Aden a look.

“Ten minutes? That all?” he asked raising an eyebrow. “No wonder she only kissed you.”

Aden groaned and moved away hurriedly.

“Roman Harris.” Ella said with a groan. “There have been times ten minutes is…” she began.

“Let’s not focus on me, let’s enjoy the day.” He interrupted hearing her giggle.

“Love you husband.” She murmured kissing him.

“Love you wife.” He said back his hand reaching for hers. “Think those shoes of yours will last a turn around the floor?”

She nodded.

“Lets show these youngsters a thing or two.” She grinned.

He laughed and stood up moving over to the resident disco speaking to the DJ before walking back to her and extending his hand.

“Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the bride and groom’s first dance.” The DJ announced over the microphone as the music started.

Roman led Ella to the dance floor and pulled her into his arms holding her close as they moved in time to the music. He sighed as he smelt the jasmine scent of her perfume and the rose of her shampoo, she in turn inhaled the musky fragrance of his aftershave and sighed.

“I could dance with you forever.” he whispered.

“Not while I’m in these shoes.” She told him.

Chapter 73

“I like how Leah caught the bouquet.” Roman murmured as he held her in his arms carrying her over the threshold of their hotel suite kicking the door shut behind him.

Ella nodded tiredly.

“Funny that.” She said with a sleepy smile.

“Minx.” He whispered lowering her to the bed. He knelt at her feet and lifted the hem of her dress to deal with the anklestraps. He lifted off first one shoe and then the other placing them carefully to one side.

“Stockings?” he murmured. “Determined to seduce me aren’t you?”

Ella nodded.

“But can you hurry up because I’m really tired.” She said and saw him chuckle.

“Stand up Princess.” He instructed standing up himself.

Ella gave him a look before easing off the bed and standing in front of him. Roman leaned forward and kissed her before turning her around and undoing the tiny buttons on the dress before pealing it down her body. He gave a little gasp as he saw the corset on her and heard her giggle.

“Like what you see husband?” she asked him.

“You know I do.” He murmured leaning forward and kissing her shoulder.

Ella stepped out of the pool of lace and silk of her dress and smiled as Roman picked it up and laid it carefully on the stool near the dressing table before he turned and looked back at her. His breath caught in his throat and he gave a low moan as he saw her standing there in the cream lace corset and stockings.

“So you like it then?” she asked him.

He could only nod before he stepped over to her and kissed her deeply crushing her against his chest. He picked her up and lay her on the bed kissing her again and again as he felt her hands on him.

“I want you so much.” He gasped against her lips before he lowered his mouth to her neck kissing his way down until her reached the swell of her breasts at the top of the corset. He kissed along them over and over again until he felt her moan softly and then he paused and looked up at her.

“Roman.” She whispered. “I want you too.”

He moaned at the declaration and eased aback to take off his shirt throwing it to the floor. She moved then to her knees waiting until he lay back on the bed. She looked into his eyes before leaning forward and kissing his shoulder. His hands moved to her face pausing her movements so he could look ingot her eyes.

“Love you so much.” He told her softly.

She smiled at him and moved her head to kiss the palm of his hand before lowering her mouth to his chest and kissing him once more trailing kisses down his chest and to his navel. She ran her fingers teasingly down before opening the fastening of his belt and pulling the leather from the loops before dropping it to the floor.

“Ella Harris.” he whispered as he felt her hot breath on him.

“You want me to stop?” she asked softly.

She eased open the button on his trousers before taking down the zipper hearing him draw in a sharp breath. Her hand moved pushing it’s way gently into his boxers and wrapping her fingers around him.

He gave another moan before lifting his hips and pushing his trouser and boxer down.

“Is that a no?” she asked him before her mouth moved downwards.

He felt her breath tease him before her mouth enveloped him and he gave a primitive moan.

“Ella.” He gasped arching on the bed.

She used her hands and mouth and tongue to take him to the peak.

“God wife.” He moaned.

She gave a giggle before moving to lie with him.

“Did you like that?” she asked him.

Roman gave a growl and moved pinning her to the bed and kissing her deeply.

“You know I did.” He whispered. “So that must mean it’s my turn.”

Ella smiled at him before turning and showing him the hook and eye fastenings of the corset. He smiled and moved forward reaching over and undoing the little fastenings. She reached down and unclipped the stockings before feeling the corset being removed. He kissed down her spine before moving to stand taking off his clothes. He dropped them in an untidy pile and looked over at her.

She grinned up at him and began to explore her body with her hands.

“Ok.” he moaned under his breath.

He watched fascinated as she teased and aroused herself in front of him.

“Is this my wedding present?” he asked softly.

He saw her fingers trail a path down her body to the apex at the top of her thighs and he found himself gritting his teeth as he watched her. She lifted her hips moving restlessly on the bed moaning before throwing her head back and arching upwards reaching her pinnacle.

“Ella Harris.” He said once more moving on the bed and stroking her hair back from her face. “Thank you.” He murmured kissing her. “That was amazing.”

She smiled up at him tiredly.

“Sleep?” he asked her.

She nodded.

“Just for a while.” She grinned.

He nodded and moved to take off her stockings kissing down her legs before dropping them to the floor beside the bed and lifting her into the bed covering them both up She gave a giggle before turning to him and kissing him.

“Uh huh.” He murmured. “Aren’t you supposed to be tired?” he asked.

“Feel strangely awake now.” She grinned. “An er.. so do you.”

He nodded before moving over the top of her.

“There are certain parts of me that are awake.” He told her.

“I love you husband.” She told him kissing him as she moved her hands all over his body.

He looked into her eyes as he joined his body with hers feeling her hands on him pulling him closer to her.

“I love you so much, my beautiful wife.” He said softly before putting his lips on hers once more.

“Guys ready?” Mike asked moving over to Jacko, Pete and James.

“Taxi?” James asked lifting his head and trying to focus on the younger man.

“It’s here. You’re all in Georgie’s room.” he explained.

Jacko stood up and put his hand out to help Pete as the three men staggered to the waiting car.

“They going to be ok?” Aden asked coming over to Mike.

He nodded. “Gabby and Jacob are sorting out beds and things back at the house.” Mike explained.

“Cool.” Aden said looking over at Belle and Nic sitting together.

“Seems a shame to call it a night.” Geoff said quietly.

“Bible Boy?” Aden muttered.

Geoff glared at him and clapped his hand on Aden’s shoulder.

“Call me that one more time and I’ll tell everyone what the tattoo is.” He said quietly.

Aden paled and looked over at Mike.

“Ok.” he agreed.

“Just messing with you.” Geoff said after a moment grinning at the look on Aden’s face. “Are we heading back to yours?” he asked Mike seeing the other man nod.

“That right?” Nic asked slurring her words slightly.

Belle giggled as the two of them stood up.

Geoff and Aden laughed before moving over to help them to the door and a waiting taxi.

“Wait my bag.” Nic said pointing to the table where all the bridesmaids had placed their matching handbags when they had walked in.

“I’ll get them.” Geoff said moving to the far corner of the room as Aden steered the two women out.

Mike came over and helped him gather them up chuckling as one dropped to the floor before gasping.

“What is it?” Geoff asked and then paled as he looked down.

“Is that what I think it is?” Mike said slowly.

“It’s a pregnancy test.” Geoff confirmed. “And that pink cross means it’s positive.”

“So who’s handbag is this?” Mike said quietly. “And does no one in Summer Bay use birth control?”

Geoff chuckled.

“It’s not always a 100% you know. Mira certainly wasn’t planned.”

Mike looked up at him as he examined the handbag for clues to the identity.

“I know but well there is no point to being careless.” He told the other man.

“Sounds like Ella talking.”

Mike nodded.

“I was so embarrassed when she started that talk.” He murmured using his finger to add quotation marks to emphasis the last two words. “But she made it so cool and told me that trust and respect make it seem better.”

Geoff nodded.

“She’s something special alright.” He acknowledged.

Mike chuckled before collecting the fallen items and putting them back in the bag.

“Shall we go?” he asked.

Geoff nodded.

“You know that Nic’s handbag is here too?” Mike said after a minute.

Geoff nodded once more.

“So is Belle’s.” he said in response. “And Danni’s.”

Mike gave him a look before heading through the doors.

She watched the last of them leave the ballroom before stepping inside and looking around. Her once slender figure was now gaunt and there were dark smudges under her eyes adding a fragility to her. Walking over to the cake she picked up a piece and took a bite before heading to the top table and sitting in the seat that Ella had been in. She leaned forward and took a handful of golden confetti in her hand before throwing it in the air and watching it fall.

“Mummy.” A little boy called from the doorway.

“Looks like we missed the wedding.” She explained slowly.

“Are you sad mummy?” he asked her in sweet voice.

“A little Marcus. Come on lets go. We should go get some sleep and then in the morning see friends of mine and let them know I’m back.” She said with a grin her brown eyes searching the room once more before she looked into the startling blue eyes of her son.

The End......

Comments

Archived