Lullabye

Guest bradyell

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww.Yeah, that was worth the wait.I'm glad that Aden and Amanda talked and made up and that Nicole and the others were there for him.And it's good that Lola gives him something positive in his life.Looking forward to seeing where you take this.When you have the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad that you are all enjoying this fic, and thank you all for your patience!!

I've jumped forward a bit as you'll see, just to get to the whole point of this fic really - some nice fluffy daddy Adenness!!

ALL fluff in this chap and probably the next.....however many....is dedicated to Naomi and Helen for their awesomeness :D You know why girlies :D:D:D Thank you :D

So without further ado....

It had been ten months since Belle had been buried and whilst it still hurt every day to wake without her in his arms Aden was slowly getting used to life without her. He had returned to work managing the bait shop when Lola was a month old leaving her in the care of either Irene or Marilyn. He had been reluctant at first to leave his daughter with somebody who was, to him, a relative stranger but Irene had convinced him to give it a try and it had turned out to be one of the best decisions he had made. Lola adored Marilyn and it was obvious to anyone seeing the pair together that the feeling was mutual.

Glancing at his watch as he walked through the caravan park Aden let out a loud sigh. It had been a long day, too long away from his baby girl for his liking. He had left that morning before Lola was even awake, something he hated doing but had to every now and then. Just thinking about seeing his baby girl made him pick up his pace and within minutes he was poking his head around the door of the main house.

“Hello?” he called “Where’s my girl?”

“Here we are.” Marilyn replied in a sing song voice as she appeared from the porch area next to the kitchen, Lola resting on her hip. “Look who it is Lola, didn’t I tell you daddy would be here soon?”

“Hey pretty girl, come here.” Aden held his arms out grinning widely as Lola copied his actions and leant out of Marilyn’s embrace towards him. He took her into his arms and held her tightly against his chest peppering her face with kisses. “I missed my angel! Did you miss me huh? You miss your daddy?”

A string of gurgles fell over the baby girls plump pink lips as if in response to Aden’s question.

“That sounds like a yes to me.” He chuckled. “So, where are my kisses?”

He changed his hold on his daughter so that when she opened her mouth and leant towards him he was able to smack a kiss against her lips.

“Thanks bubba.” He smiled “Now, have you been a good girl today then?”

“She’s been perfect as always.” Marilyn replied, brushing her hand tenderly over the young girl’s blonde hair. “She helped me and silly old Miles dig the veggie patch. We are going to grow lots of lovely veggies aren’t we Lola? And everybody is going to eat them and we are going to have a healthy house because there is far too much junk food going on here isn’t there? You agree with Aunty Marilyn don’t you Lola?”

Lola babbled once again in reply.

“Sounds like another yes.” Aden chuckled again. “Right, let’s get going then baby. Where’s your bag?”

“Right here.” Marilyn handed him the red bag that contained all the bits and pieces Lola needed throughout the day.

“Thank you.” Aden smiled as he took the bag and hooked it over his shoulder. “Lola, you gonna say thank you to Marilyn huh?”

Marilyn leaned forward and accepted a kiss off the baby girl before brushing one against her chubby cheek.

“You are more than welcome sweet girl. I’ll see you soon won’t I? Yes I will.”

“Yeah, we’ll probably see you over the weekend.” Aden replied. “Thanks Marilyn, bye. Say bye Lola….bye-bye.” He encouraged as he walked out of the house, Lola waving her chubby arm to and fro in her own form of a goodbye.

As soon as Aden walked into the Diner Lola began to shout of a string of “words” at the top of her voice, her excitement at being in the familiar place clear to anybody looking on.

“Whoa, steady on baby.” Aden laughed. “Who you shouting for? Nana Irene or granddad?”

“Or me? I bet it was me wasn’t it! Come to auntie Nic sweetie pie!” Nicole had jumped up from her chair as soon as she had spotted Aden and the baby girl.

Lola went happily into her outstretched arms, her hands instantly finding the long string of beads Nicole had looped around her neck.

“I’d watch that Nic.” Aden warned. “The little minx pulled my tags off yesterday!” He elaborated, referring to the dog tags he usually wore.

“The ones from Belle? Are they broken?” Nicole asked worriedly, knowing how much Aden treasured the gift from his late wife.

“Yeah, but they’re fixable, I’ll drop them into the jewellers tomorrow. Right missy, I’m gonna go find granddad and get us some cake for after dinner, you good with auntie Nic?”

“Of course she is.” Nicole replied. “Get an extra slice of cake if you like and I’ll join you for dinner.”

“Yeah? Ok, cool, be back in a tic.” He planted a kiss onto Lola’s forehead before heading into the kitchen chuckling to himself as he listened to the conversation Nicole had started with his daughter.

“What has your silly daddy been doing with your hair Lola? He isn’t using the pretty clips I bought for you is he?”

Nicole spent the next fifteen minutes chatting avidly with the baby girl, laughing when her questions were always met with some kind of answer. Her attention was finally tore away from their conversation when Aden stormed out of the kitchen, Roman hot on his heals.

“Aden…mate….”

“Look Roman, I said I’d think about, can we drop it now.” Aden snapped in reply to Roman’s call. “Hey baby girl, sorry I took so long, let’s get going shall we? Nic?”

“Err yeah?”

“Ready to go?” Aden asked raising his arms towards her in order to lift his daughter from Nicole only to be stopped by Roman who placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Just a sec mate, I haven’t had chance to say hello to my best girl today.”

“Hi.” Nicole quipped as Roman lifted Lola from her arms.

“Very funny.” Roman grinned. “You know you’re my best girl don’t you Lola? Yes you do. You gonna tell granddad about your day?”

“Charming!” Nicole muttered although she was finding it difficult to keep a grin from her face. “It’s a good job she’s so adorable otherwise I’d be offended!”

“She is adorable isn’t she?” Aden agreed as he glanced lovingly at his baby girl.

“Yes, and she’d be even more so if you used the clips I got you for her hair Aden! You can hardly see her pretty eyes and….”

“Nic, you saw her with your necklace, do you seriously think she’ll keep a clip in her hair! It stayed in for like….thirty seconds when I put one in.”

“Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that. I guess we could get it cut a li….”

“What! No! No way!” Aden shouted, causing a number of near by diners to look in his direction. “Nobody is going near my girl with scissors!”

“Whoa, chillax!” Nicole replied “I was just talking about cutting off a little of her fringe, not her fingers or toes or something!”

“Yeah well…still….no scissors. Her hair stays as it is!” As he spoke Aden stepped towards Roman and his daughter and tenderly stroked his hand over the soft blonde hair they were discussing.

“Daddy’s right isn’t he sweet thing.” Roman spoke quietly to the little girl. “We don’t wanna be cutting these lovely locks do we?” He swept his fingers over her forehead, brushing her hair to the side and away from her big brown eyes. “Have you got a kiss for me before you go?”

The little girl obliged and “kissed” him in her own special way causing him to chuckle as he handed her back to Aden.

“I’ll see you tomorrow honey, yeah?” Roman looked to Aden for confirmation.

“Yeah, we’ll be round.” Aden nodded. “Say love you granddad.” He encouraged Lola causing the grin on Roman’s face to widen further. “Love you...that’s it clever girl” he added when Lola replied with a babble containing the correct number of syllables if not the correct sounds.

“I love you too princess. Mate…” Roman patted Aden on the shoulder. “We’re good yeah?”

“Yeah….yeah course we are.” Aden replied “Sorry I was so…it’s just…..”

“Hey, let’s just forget about it yeah?” Roman suggested.

“Yeah.” Aden agreed. “C’mon then missy, let’s get home. Ready Nic?”

“Oh, so you have remembered I’m here!” Nicole pouted as both men laughed at her.

“As if I’d forget about my second favourite girl.” Roman joked as he looped his arm around her shoulders and pressed a kiss to her cheek. “See you later darling.”

“See ya dad.”

After saying their goodbyes Aden and Nicole made their way out of the diner and along the beach towards Aden’s house.

“So…” Nicole began after a few minutes of silence. “…what was all that about?”

“All what?” Aden asked feigning innocence.

“You suck at acting Aden! You and dad, what’s going on?”

Aden let out a sigh as he shifted Lola into a more comfortable position. “He and Irene were talking about Lola’s birthday. They think I should make a start on arranging something.”

“And you don’t want to?” Nicole asked.

“It’s not that I don’t want to…” Aden sighed again “…It’s just….”

“Belle?” Nicole guessed.

“Yeah.” Aden nodded. “Look Nic I….can we not talk about this right now?”

“You are gonna have to talk about it at some point.” Nicole told him gently “But ok, we’ll change the subject.” She agreed knowing that it was the best way to handle Aden. If he felt pressured he would just get angry rather than talk about his feelings.

“Thanks.” He whispered nudging her gently with his elbow. “Let’s talk about you!” He suggested, a grin coming to his face. “How’s the love life?”

“Aden!” Nicole cried.

“C’mon, how’s life as the girlfriend of a rock star?” Aden asked pulling a face as he said the final word, his dislike for the man in question clear.

“You’re as bad as dad! You guys need to give Liam a break.”

“Don’t tempt me!” Aden muttered “ Though be fair to Roman Nic, Morag’s already got him out of prison once, not sure if she’d be able to do it again if he ended up killing the world famous Liam murphy!”

“Very funny!” Nicole replied clearly finding the conversation anything but. “Look Liam is fine…me and Liam are fine….now can I change the subject.”

“I guess.” Aden grinned “Sorry!”

“Forgiven.” Nicole replied after a moments thought. “So, let’s talk about missy here. Any sign of her doing anything with these feet other than kicking your butt!” As she spoke Nicole took hold of Lola’s foot and wiggled it gently.

“Nah…” Aden grinned as he pressed a kiss to Lola’s cheek. “…we thought we were getting somewhere last night didn’t we bub? She was standing up at the couch and then let go and stood there for like…I dunno….minutes!! She was just staring at me and I thought she was gonna go for it but…nope!”

“Never mind hey.” Nicole grinned taking the baby from his arms and cuddling her close. “That just means that we get more cuddles doesn’t it? ‘Cause once you start running around we’ll never be able to catch you will we?”

“Yeah there’s plenty of time.” Aden replied with a smile “Although, I’ll always be able to catch you for cuddles won’t I baby?”

Lola replied in her own way causing them both to laugh and they spent the rest of the walk home chatting with the little girl.

Once they got home Aden quickly prepared dinner and the three of them sat down to eat together, Aden feeding Lola in between taking mouthfuls of his own. After finishing Nicole took the little girl from her highchair and sat her on the rug in the lounge whilst she helped Aden to clear up.

“She’s got a good appetite.” She laughed as she dropped the empty pink dish into the sink in front of Aden.

“Yeah, she takes after me.” Aden laughed. “Where is she anyway?”

“I put her on the rug.” Nicole answered.

“In the lounge? That won’t….”

Before he could get any further a loud crash reverberated through the house from the other room.

Aden was pushing past Nicole before she even had the chance to turn around. He froze when he reached the archway between the two rooms, his eyes taking in the scene.

Lola was standing in front of the shelving unit, a pile of broken glass next to her and a look of shock on her tiny face.

As Aden entered the room she looked up at him and then down at the glass before returning her eyes to him again, her bottom lip beginning to tremble.

“Hey, hey baby, it’s alright, it’s ok, daddy’s here.”

By the time he had scooped her into his arms Lola had started to cry properly and Nicole had reached them.

“Is she ok? Is she hurt?”

“Nah, I don’t think so.” Aden replied moving the baby away from him slightly so he could give her a once over to check for injuries. “You’re ok sweetheart, shhhhh. You just scared yourself didn’t you huh?” He cuddled her closer again and brushed kisses into her hair.

“You sure?” Nicole checked, looking the baby girl over herself. “I thought you’d Lola proofed the place since she started moving about!”

“Yeah, I thought I had, I guess I just missed that.” Aden replied nodding at the offending pile of glass.”

“What is….was it anyway?

“Just that ornament thing that Colleen brought us as a wedding present. Actually bub, you’ve done daddy a favour ‘because I hated the freaky thing anyway!”

“Aden!” Nicole laughed. “I’ll tell her you said that!”

“No you won’t!” he countered back. “Otherwise no cake for desert!”

“Yeah yeah. Ok, why don’t you go and give little miss wrecking ball here her bath and I’ll finish off down here?”

“You sure?

“Yup.” Nicole replied turning on her heal back to the kitchen. “Just don’t take too long….I need cake!”

After bathing Lola and dressing her in a pink sleep suit Aden took her back downstairs where he and Nicole played with her for a little while, trying to encourage her to take her first unaided steps. Although their attempts were unsuccessful the three of them had lots of fun resulting in a very tired baby by the time they were waving goodbye to Nicole.

After closing the door and making sure to lock it for the night Aden focused his attention on his daughter who was standing next to the sofa.

“Look at you showing off with no hands.” He grinned as Lola looked over to him with a smile. “You ready for your milk and bed angel?” he crouched down where he was standing, a few feet away from the baby girl. “How about one last shot huh? You wanna walk to daddy baby? C’mon, come to daddy.”

Resting his elbows on his knees he stretched his arms out towards Lola who looked at him curiously for a few moments. Very slowly she inched her left foot off the ground and placed it down a small distance away from where it had been.

Aden held his breath as she wobbled slightly but repeated the action with her other foot. Everything inside of him was screaming with joy at the achievement his baby girl had made but he was worried to startle her so managed to contain himself.

“That’s it beautiful….” He whispered a beaming smile lighting up his face. “….C’mon, you can do it sweetheart. That’s it.”

Each step Lola took towards him he whispered another word of encouragement. It only took 5 or so until she was within reaching distance of his hands and by the time she grasped hold of him Aden thought he would burst with pride.

“Come here my clever girl.” He lifted her into the air and swung her round as he stood up. “You did it baby, you walked. You walked for your daddy! Come here!” He brought her into his chest and peppered her face with kisses causing her to squeal with delight. “My baby girl, you are so clever aren’t you? Yes you are. Daddy is so proud of you. I love you Lola Belle.” He whispered as a tear dripped from his cheek into the soft hair of his daughter.

Awww, lots of cute stuff in there.Loved Nicole trying to girlify Lola.I wondered what Aden and Roman were arguing about.I guess it makes sense that he'd have trouble celebrating Lola's birthday when it's the anniversary of Belle's death.Hopefully he'll have a think about it.

Archived