I'll Always Be Here (by Danni02) - comments

twinkletoesjess

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a very dramatic chapter!

I'm so happy Ben is okay. And so are Ruby and Callum.

:o Charlie! :( I hope they'll save her in time. Please tell me Angelo, Ava and Charlie will be alright. Unless Ava was still at Rachel's? :unsure:

More please.

Wow! Fantastic Fiction so far!! I love it! :)

Sad that Charlie and Angelo are always fighting...

Hope both Charlie and Angelo are okay after the fire! I was wondering when she would think about where Angelo was!

Great work and I look forward to another update soon! :D

Title: I’ll Always Be Here

Type of story: Long

Main characters: Charlie, Ruby and Angelo

Others: Ava, Ben, JM & Kids, Tachel & Kids, Nicole and Romeo

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Drama, Romance, Relationships, Family

Does this story include spoilers: No

Any warning: Will warn at beginning of chapter if any

Summary: Why is Ruby back in the Bay and living with Charlie? What secrets is Angelo hiding from his wife and family? Is the family in danger? Is this the end for Charlie and Angelo?

Please note this is a sequel to my first fiction I’ll Be Here For You. This takes place around 10 months from where I’ll Be Here For You left off. At some point during those 10 months Angelo has re-joined the police force and Charlie has currently taken time off work to look after Ruby and the children.

Since it was a while since I posted I’ll Be Here For You I have written a brief summary of what happened in the story.

It started off with Charlie finding out she was pregnant just weeks after Angelo went to prison for the manslaughter of Grant. She had a little girl she named Ava. Ruby moved back in with Charlie and their relationship got back on track since Ruby found out the truth about her parentage. They eventually became very close again. Ross sadly died of a stroke and this seemed to bring the relationship between Charlie and Morag closer. When Ruby was 20 she moved to the City with Xavier to start university. Although Angelo was sentenced to 6 years imprisonment he was released after 4 and a half years. Upon his return 4 year old Ava did not take to him at first and wanted him to leave but eventually she grew to love her father. Charlie and Angelo decided to have a second child and she quickly became pregnant. Ruby and Xavier came to the Bay with the news they were getting married. Ava was then kidnapped by James, who was Grant bother. Charlie shut Angelo out of her life, chucked him out of the house, accused him of not caring enough and not doing enough to help look for their daughter. Charlie sadly lost the baby through this time and after 3 weeks of Ava being missing James got in touch with Angelo and they went to a warehouse to get Ava back in exchange for Angelo’s life, which of course Angelo hid from Charlie. James then decided he wanted to punish Angelo so went to kill Charlie instead but Angelo jumped infront and took the bullet for her. Angelo survived and Charlie and Angelo later reconciled. Ruby and Xavier then go on to get married and Charlie reveals she is pregnant again and goes on to have a little boy, Ben. The end of the fiction goes forward another 3 years in time with Ruby revealing she is expecting a child.

So here is the first chapter, its kind of a short one. Let me know what you think. :D

Chapter 1

Charlie got out of bed and walked into the next room. She picked up the crying baby and cradled him in her arms. She went down the stairs and made up his bottle and walked back up in the bedroom and sat on the rocking chair. As she fed him she looked at him adoringly and a smile appeared on her face as she thought of how much he looked liked his dad. When he finished the bottle she winded him then rocked him gently back and forward on the chair until he fell back asleep. She gently kissed him on his forehead before she placed him back in the cot. She watched over him for a few minutes before looking back at the empty bed in the room. She sighed heavily before leaving the room and walking back into her bedroom.

“I thought my days of night feeds and no sleep were over” Charlie yawned as she got back into the bed and looked round at Angelo who had woken when the baby started crying.

“Well they should be Charlie, you shouldn’t be the one getting up for him” Angelo said as he sat up in the bed.

“Oh not this again Angelo” Charlie said as she placed her head in her hands.

“Yes Charlie this again. Callum is not your child”

“He’s my grandson Angelo. I’m not going to turn my back on him and Ruby’s been through a lot lately” Charlie said as she looked back up at Angelo.

“It doesn’t excuse abandoning her child” Angelo yelled. “She’s being selfish and needs to put her son’s needs first”

“I can’t believe you just said that” Charlie replied

“Well it’s the truth, isn’t it” Angelo said

“Angelo are you forgetting I left Ruby with my parents?”

“No I’m not”

“So you must think the same of me then?”

“No I don’t it was different for you”

“Different? How’s it any different Angelo?”

“The circumstance for a start and you were 15 when Ruby was born she’s 23”

“Yeah so what does age matter Angelo. You can’t say she is being selfish because she is 23 and should know better”

“Well she should” Angelo spat

“Oh my God Angelo. I can’t believe I’m hearing you say this. After all she has been through lately. I though you would have had a little more compassion for her”

“I did Charlie. But it’s gone too far now. You need to do something to get through to her”

“It’s not like I’ve not tried Angelo”

“Answer me this Charlie. Have you ever seen Ruby interact with that child. He is 3 months old and not once have I seen Ruby so much as look at him. She’d much rather prefer lie in bed all day and feel sorry for herself and sneak out and get drunk every night and leave you to play mother”

“Angelo, she’s been through a lot lately, she just need’s time to.....”

“No Charlie, she needs to look after her child that should be her main priority now. She’s got a responsibility now. She can’t just run away from them just like....” Angelo stopped mid sentence and looked away.

“What? Just like me? That’s what you were going to say wasn’t it?” Charlie shouted. Angelo looked back up at her and shrugged his shoulders slightly. He was about to reply when Ben came running into the room.

“Stop shouting now. I’m sleepy.” He yelled then ran across to Angelo and took hold of his hand.

“Sorry mate, c’mon daddy will take you back to bed.” Angelo said then walked out of the room with his son. Charlie put her head in her hands and sighed. That argument was becoming too familiar for them and she didn’t know what to do to fix things. A few minutes later and Angelo came back into the room. She looked up at him but didn’t say anything. Angelo looked down at her but he was also silent.

Ruby stumbled through the door and walked across the room. She walked into telephone table before finally finding the couch and collapsing onto it. She shut her eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.

Danni02 this is absolutely brilliant! I loved 'I'll be here for You' and i am so glad that you are writing a sequel. Keep up the good work! I'm doing exams at the moment so i've reduced my leisure time but one of the things i'm still doing is reading your fan fiction and checking for updates!