'Hemsworth is perfect Thor'

Guest Anaya

Kat Dennings: 'Hemsworth is perfect Thor'

Actress Kat Dennings has promised that Marvel fans will "completely believe" Chris Hemsworth as a Norse God in Thor.

As well as playing Darcy in Kenneth Brannagh's film adaptation, Dennings will also be seen alongside Woody Harrelson in superhero comedy Defendor, directed by Peter Stebbings.

Dennings was quizzed by Gordon And The Whale about how she felt working on two very different comic book movies.

She said: "Essentially, every hero has the same appeal. Your hero is supposed to have an honest soul and truth, purity and justice.

"Obviously Thor is Thor. And Chris Hemsworth, I mean honestly, it’s pretty daunting just talking the way Thor talks and Chris, the second he opened his mouth I almost passed out. He’s just so perfect.

"Obviously he’s a physically beautiful person but you just buy every word he says. You completely believe him, he’s got this amazing quality about him."

Dennings added she had yet to start filming for Thor but described her excitement as "like waiting for Christmas".

Thor, which also stars Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Renee Russo, is scheduled for release on May 6, 2011. Defendor was released in the US yesterday.

Source

--

Well it's good to see that his co-stars have faith in his performance abilities to bring Thor 'alive' and not simply that he looks the part. Good to see them supportive... let's hope he doesn't dissapoint. :)

I've been trying to tell you all for years that Chris is more than a pretty face. Although his face IS very pretty :wub: I'm always a bit wary of comic book movies, but even if I don't like the movie, I'm sure I'll like him in it. I wonder what she meant by "talking the way the Thor talks"? Is there going to be a Norse accent involved, or will his voice be booming like an almighty god :o??

11/05/11 is quite a while away. Close to Jason Smith's birthday though. Chris could take him to the premier as his present :P

I wonder what she meant by "talking the way the Thor talks"? Is there going to be a Norse accent involved, or will his voice be booming like an almighty god :o??
In the comics, the Asguardians all speak like they've just stepped out of a Shakespearean play, so when he's in Thor-mode Chris will too.

Who ever would've thought that our Chris would be the lead in a movie with Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and Anthony Hopkins in it? :wub:

Info on Thor, for those who want to know more about the character he's playing.

I wonder what she meant by "talking the way the Thor talks"? Is there going to be a Norse accent involved, or will his voice be booming like an almighty god :o??
In the comics, the Asguardians all speak like they've just stepped out of a Shakespearean play, so when he's in Thor-mode Chris will too.

Ohhhh... That should be interesting.

hes come so far from being the plank.

Yes... well... perhaps those who thought he couldn't act will now realise that he was acting so well that you didn't even realise that KIM was the "plank," not Chris...

What I'm looking forward to is the planned Avengers movie, when Thor will team up with Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), War Machine (Don Cheadle) Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlet Johansen), The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton, although not confirmed) Hawkeye (unknown, although Jeremy Renner is listed on IMDb as "Rumoured") and Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson).

^Hawkeye's in it now?Yay!They seem to have dropped Ant Man though.

I do a really good impression of a comic buff...Sort of looking forward to the Thor movie, probably wait until it comes out on DVD.(Ex-soapies are really popular these days aren't they?Kim Hyde is both Thor and Captain Kirk's father, Shane Ramsay is Wolverine's father, Batman's father was one of the more obscure Peter Barlows...)

Archived