Eurovision Song Contest 2010!

Guest Homeandaway_fan1

Here is the place where we can talk about Eurovision Song Contest 2010, that will take place in Oslo, Norway this year.

Semifinal 1 will air on tuesdays 25th of May

Finland-Kuunkuiskaajat - Työlki Ellää

Serbia- Milan Stanković-Ovo je Balkan

Russia - Peter Nalitch Band-Lost And Forgotten

Greece- Giorgos Alkaios & Friends- Opa

Slovakia- Kristína - Horehronie

Bosnia & Herzegovina- Vukašin Brajić - Munja I Grom

Malta - Thea Garret- My Dream

Moldova- Sun Stroke Project & Olia Tira - Run Away

Iceland - Hera Björk - Je Ne Sais Quoi

FYR Macedonia- Gjoko Taneski - Jas Ja Imam Silata

Portugal - Filipa Azevedo -Há Dias Assim

Latvia - Aisha – What For?

Belarus- 3+2- Far Away

Belgium -Tom Dice-

Albania - Juliana Pasha -Nuk Mundem Pa Ty

Poland- Marcin Mroziński -Legenda

Estonia - Malcolm Lincoln & Manpower 4- Siren

Semifinal 2 will air on thursday 27th of May

Armenia- Eva Rivas -Apricot Stone

Azerbaijan - Safura-

Bulgaria - Miro-Angel si ti

Croatia - Feminnem - Lako Je Sve

Cyprus - Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders Life Looks Better In Spring

Denmark - Chanée & N'evergreen-In a Moment Like This

Georgia - Sofia Nizharadze -Shine

Ireland - Niamh Kavanagh- Its for you

Israel- Harel Skaat-

Lithuania - InCulto- East European Funk

The Netherlands -Sieneke Ik Ben Verliefd (Sha-la-lie)

Romania - Paula Seling & Ovi-Playing With Fire

Slovenia - Ansambel Roka Žlindre in Kalamari - Narodno Zabavni Rock

Sweden - Anna Bergendahl- This is my life

Switzerland -Michael von der Heide - Il Pleut de L'Or

Turkey - maNga-We Could Be The Same

Ukraine - Vasyl Lazarovich-I love you

The Final will air on Saturday 29th of May

The United Kingdom- Josh Dubovie- That Sounds Good to Me

Spain - Daniel Diges- Algo Pequeñito

France- Jessy Matador-Allez! Ola! Olé!

Germany- Lena Meyer-Landrut -Satellite

Norway - Didrik Solli-Tangen -My Heart Is Yours

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ireland might have a good entry this year. There are a lot of good writers and singers that have sent songs to RTÉ, including Niamh Kavanagh (1993 winner) and some Swedish guy called Alexander Bard. I think Bard wrote a few songs for BWO... :D Justin Lee Collins is also entering Eurosong 2010 with a song from Ronan Keating!

I just hope we can get into the final again. Last time the contest was hosted in Oslo, Ireland won. Maybe we could win again for the eighth time? Here's to hoping! :P

Ireland has sended some great songs to Eurovision many times. I loved Johnny Logans Hold Me Now, that was a great song.

Alexander Bard also performes in BWO as well, they have had some great entrys in the Swedish Pre-selction with one song they where really close of winning the Swedish contest.

Ronan Keating, he has some great songs as well so he problably will have written a great song this year.

I also hope Ireland does well.

Tomorrow the preselection starts in Sweden, so I am really excited that it starts again.

Tomorrow is the national final here in Norway. I'm wondering who's gonna win. There is no clear favourite this year as last year and two years ago. A guy called Didrik Solli Tangen who sings a song which is written by Hanne Sørvåg and Fredrik Kempe (the swede who composed the last two entries from Sweden) has been mentioned as a possible favourite to win. Its a song which probably can remind a little about Josh Groban and you raise me up. But Tangen does not sing as well as mr. Groban (and not as well as the Irish guy who sings you rise me up either). He got very nervous in the semifinal, and didn't hit the notes very well and didn't sing with the power he normally is capable of. And the song isn't any near as good as "you raise me up", it just takes off when its just about 30 sec left of it.

There are a lot of ballads in the national final this year. Maria Arredondo who sings a song composed by Rolf Løvland the guy who wrote Norway's winner songs from both 1985 and 1995. But this song is very cliched and miss Arredondo has a very weak voice and is very sugar sweet.

Then we have Maria Haukaas storeng, the woman who song "hold on be strong" in ESC in 2008 (Belgrade). But this song isn't as good as hold on be strong either, and it sounds almost like Celine Dions song "falling into you".

Keep of Kallessin is an epic-metal group with a song which is totally different from the others. If this wins, I think this is probably the hardest song which have ever entered ESC. It is a bit harder than Testaberoni's song for Finland in 2008. And probably nothing for most of the European viewers (those who can vote in the contest).

Aleksander Stenerud with his 1980's pop-like song is catcy but maybe too old fashioned, and he has a good voice but a bit strange scene perfomance. I think his song from 2009 national final, "find my girl" was better.

The pop group a1 which split about 8-9 years ago, has re-united and is perfoming a song which qualified directly from the semifinal. Its probably an ok song, but probably better on radio, the guys are good on stage but the pop song is probably to flat/slick for the big audience. And a lot of people might find it strange that this group is competing in Norway, and see them probably as a British group. The group had a relative succes from 1999-2002, and 2 of the 3 members (they were original 4) members are from UK, but the third one is Norwegian.

And then we have those two songs which came from the "Last chance"-round, Venke Knutson with "jeleaous of you" And Bjørn Johan Muri with his song. I think that both of them are good pop songs, but they are better on radio than live. And both singers have weak voices, esp Muri who sings very off-key on the high notes.

So I think its a little bit hard to predict who's going to win tomorrow night, but I think it might be Didrik Solli-Tangen, but I think he will get some more harder competetion from the others than a lot seem to think. I also think that this probably will be the weakest entry from Norway in three years (since 2007) no matter who is going to win, even the final in itself has a lot more stronger songs than it used to have. But we don't have this good clear winner as we had in 2008 and 09, a song which was much better than the others in the competetion. This year a lot of known names/persons are performing in our MGP/ESC selection too, which havent happened in many years. We usually only have a few known names and a lot of unknown ones in the national contest.

So its going to be exciting tomorrow.

Today the contest starts in Sweden.

The first Semifinal is in Örnsköldsvik

The participants today is

anders_ekborg_141.jpg

Anders Ekborg- The Saviour (Anders is mostly known as an actor)

frisprakarn_141.jpg

Frispråkarn- Singel

jenny_silver_141.jpg

Jenny Silver- A Place to Stay

jessica_andersson_141.jpg

Jessica Andersson- I Did it For Love (Jessica competed with Fame for Sweden in ESC 2003)

linda_prichard_141.jpg

Linda Pritchard- You`re Making me Hot-Hot-Hot ( She competed in the Swedish Idol a fue years ago)

ola_141.jpg

Ola- Unstoppable (Ola also competed in Idol, he has competed in Melodifestivalen before)

pain_of_salvation_141.jpg

Pain of Slavation- Road Salt

salem_al_fakir_141.jpg

Salem Al Fakir-Keep on Walking

Ola? Is that Ola Joyce who sang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn3aB_kNbKg? :o I enjoyed Melodifestivalen in 2008 and 2009, but I won't be able to watch it this year.

I hope Bjørn Johan Muri wins MGP. :D The song isn't great live, but it's my favourite out of what is left. It was kinda like Carrie by Sunny last year. It wasn't too good live. And I don't know how Keep Of Kalessin even got through to the final. Awful awful song. :(

Archived