Eurovision Song Contest 2010!

Guest Homeandaway_fan1

Anne Bergendahl- This is my lifewill represtent Sweden in Eurovision this year. It is a great song but I am afraid it will get lost in the crowd of all the other ballads. I voted for Andreas Johnson, Timoteij, Darin but I also wanted Salem to win as that song had a unique sound and I liked that song. I do like Annas to and think it is a beautful song, but I wanted Andreas or Salem to win, after them Timoteij and Darin, then Anna. But Anna was good and I do wish her all luck.

I think she would have done better in an another year, maybe....Ok song and cute artist, but..... Far too many ballads this year... But Anna has a special voice and a good scene performance, but screaming a little too much by the end. But in Scandinavia, and esp. Norway we use to like this kind of artists, young girls or boys with the guitar around their neck and with a little bit unusual voice.... We have had a dozen of female artists like this through the last decade (Lene Marlin, Marit Larsen etc...). But I am not so sure about the rest of Europe, if they're going to like this kind of ballad and artist.... I think they will choose more a balkan ballad-song or a usual ballad like Irelands song (and Iceland last year...) when they are voting for a ballad...

I wished that you had chosen something with more rythm...Especially when you choose song this late, most of the songs are elected now... But I feel that most of the swedish people (and other people who aren't hardcore ESC fans) don't know what kind of songs the other countries have sent to the final in Oslo.

With all these ballads this year, I am very sure about that one of the few up-tempo songs are going to win. Maybe the Greek song, a really energic one! And I'm wondering if Sweden is going to qualify for the final this year. Maybe it will be saved by the jury again (like Charlotte Perelli two years ago)... I know that the swedish people think that they have failed three years in the row now, but they have qualified for the final (in 2007 they were automatically qualified) every year since the semifinal was introduced in 2004. Norway failed once, in 2007 and Ireland for example has failed several times now... Maybe it is Swedens turn to not to qualify for the final... ??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anne Bergendahl- This is my lifewill represtent Sweden in Eurovision this year. It is a great song but I am afraid it will get lost in the crowd of all the other ballads. I voted for Andreas Johnson, Timoteij, Darin but I also wanted Salem to win as that song had a unique sound and I liked that song. I do like Annas to and think it is a beautful song, but I wanted Andreas or Salem to win, after them Timoteij and Darin, then Anna. But Anna was good and I do wish her all luck.

I think she would have done better in an another year, maybe....Ok song and cute artist, but..... Far too many ballads this year... But Anna has a special voice and a good scene performance, but screaming a little too much by the end. But in Scandinavia, and esp. Norway we use to like this kind of artists, young girls or boys with the guitar around their neck and with a little bit unusual voice.... We have had a dozen of female artists like this through the last decade (Lene Marlin, Marit Larsen etc...). But I am not so sure about the rest of Europe, if they're going to like this kind of ballad and artist.... I think they will choose more a balkan ballad-song or a usual ballad like Irelands song (and Iceland last year...) when they are voting for a ballad...

I wished that you had chosen something with more rythm...Especially when you choose song this late, most of the songs are elected now... But I feel that most of the swedish people (and other people who aren't hardcore ESC fans) don't know what kind of songs the other countries have sent to the final in Oslo.

With all these ballads this year, I am very sure about that one of the few up-tempo songs are going to win. Maybe the Greek song, a really energic one! And I'm wondering if Sweden is going to qualify for the final this year. Maybe it will be saved by the jury again (like Charlotte Perelli two years ago)... I know that the swedish people think that they have failed three years in the row now, but they have qualified for the final (in 2007 they were automatically qualified) every year since the semifinal was introduced in 2004. Norway failed once, in 2007 and Ireland for example has failed several times now... Maybe it is Swedens turn to not to qualify for the final... ??

I agree with you. I am afraid it wont make it past the semi-final.And since there is so many ballads already this year I am afraid this will dissapear in the crowd. If it makes it to the final I dont think it will place high.

We had an international jury voting this year, from 6 different countries. And they didnt give Anna high points, Sweden never learns. We saw that they voted for Ola, Eric, Darin, Salem, Andreas the most and I think we should have sended either of them mostly Andreas or Salem. Ola and Eric had an up-tempo song and the internationall jury semed to like Ola as they gave him 12 points. I know that people here will complain that we sended the wrong artist again if we fail. I will be embarrased if we dont make it past the semifinal, not for Anna but for the Swedish people as we never learn, I love Eurovision and I am a big fan of it.

I have thougth that Martin Stenmarck, The Ark, Malena Ernmans songs where the wrong ones for Eurovision and I thought we would fail, and I was right, Though I liked Charlottes song and I thought it would have the biggest chans in Eurovision it flopped, and I dont think anyone of the others could have done it better then Charlotte did that year. Carola came 5th in 2006 and that is the best Sweden has done these past 4 years in ESC.

I have also updated the first post now with new entrys.

I agree with you. I am afraid it wont make it past the semi-final.And since there is so many ballads already this year I am afraid this will dissapear in the crowd. If it makes it to the final I dont think it will place high.

We had an international jury voting this year, from 6 different countries. And they didnt give Anna high points, Sweden never learns. We saw that they voted for Ola, Eric, Darin, Salem, Andreas the most and I think we should have sended either of them mostly Andreas or Salem. Ola and Eric had an up-tempo song and the internationall jury semed to like Ola as they gave him 12 points. I know that people here will complain that we sended the wrong artist again if we fail. I will be embarrased if we dont make it past the semifinal, not for Anna but for the Swedish people as we never learn, I love Eurovision and I am a big fan of it.

I have thougth that Martin Stenmarck, The Ark, Malena Ernmans songs where the wrong ones for Eurovision and I thought we would fail, and I was right, Though I liked Charlottes song and I thought it would have the biggest chans in Eurovision it flopped, and I dont think anyone of the others could have done it better then Charlotte did that year. Carola came 5th in 2006 and that is the best Sweden has done these past 4 years in ESC.

The reason why Charlotte Perelli didn't quite suceed in ESC the second time around, was I think, that people around Europe had gone tired of that typical ESC-tune that sweden seems to think is synonym with ESC. So last year you tried to choose differently. But that song "La voix" was just a ESC song with an opera voice singing it. I think that this years song from Sweden is a brave choice, but unfortunately this year is the HUGE year of the ballads - I have never seen anything like this in ESC for a very very long time.... So many ballads.

But with that said, I don't think that Norways song is that great either... That song is very cliched, at least Annas song isn't that... But Norway is directly qualified for the final on the Saturday because we won last year with Alexander Rybak's song. But I actually can see "my heart is yours" is going to placed among the five last in the final. But a swede have co-written the song, Fredrik Kempe wrote the song together with the Norwegian Hanne sørvaag who wrote Germanys song in 2008 (which placed last of the 25 in the final....)

But I don't agree with this international jury you had on Saturday, I didn't like the song of Salem FAkir either (Annas song is way better, but it is a ballad...), that was really weird... and the guy was weird too, looked very eccentric. I liked Andreas johnson (even it was a ballad, I lliked his voice - but think he has had better songs before...), and I did like Timoteij too. Even if the girls weren't great singers, but the song was a bit energic and it was a happy tune! I think ESC need some happineness and energy this year, between all the sad ballads.

But I really wish you all the best both in the semi final and the final..

The reason why Charlotte Perelli didn't quite suceed in ESC the second time around, was I think, that people around Europe had gone tired of that typical ESC-tune that sweden seems to think is synonym with ESC. So last year you tried to choose differently. But that song "La voix" was just a ESC song with an opera voice singing it. I think that this years song from Sweden is a brave choice, but unfortunately this year is the HUGE year of the ballads - I have never seen anything like this in ESC for a very very long time.... So many ballads.

But with that said, I don't think that Norways song is that great either... That song is very cliched, at least Annas song isn't that... But Norway is directly qualified for the final on the Saturday because we won last year with Alexander Rybak's song. But I actually can see "my heart is yours" is going to placed among the five last in the final. But a swede have co-written the song, Fredrik Kempe wrote the song together with the Norwegian Hanne sørvaag who wrote Germanys song in 2008 (which placed last of the 25 in the final....)

But I don't agree with this international jury you had on Saturday, I didn't like the song of Salem FAkir either (Annas song is way better, but it is a ballad...), that was really weird... and the guy was weird too, looked very eccentric. I liked Andreas johnson (even it was a ballad, I lliked his voice - but think he has had better songs before...), and I did like Timoteij too. Even if the girls weren't great singers, but the song was a bit energic and it was a happy tune! I think ESC need some happineness and energy this year, between all the sad ballads.

But I really wish you all the best both in the semi final and the final..

I agree with you on everything you said. We do like thoose songs, most of the pop songs has an ABBA influence, most of every songs we send. But that is Sweden, its our music taste, ABBA is a big music influence in Sweden. But I start getting tired of Sweden always sending the same type of music every year. Its never something different, except for last year with "La Voix" it was differnet from what we always sends. This had opera influence in it. I fear Sweden wont make it past the semifinal even. The reason why I do think they liked Salem was that he had a differnet sound in his song from the others.

Andreas was a ballad to, but he had more power in it, and he has an amazing voice. And I do think that "A little bit of love" and "Sing for Me" was better.

Anna has a great voice and all, but I am afraid Europe will think it will remind to much off the other ballads, and that people wont vote for it because of that.The internationall jury liked Darins song and he had a ballad, it was a powerfull ballad.

They also liked Olas song "Unstoppable (the return of Natalie)" he has a typical Swedish pop song but they liked it. We had six internationall jury groups.Russia, Greece, Serbia, France, Ireland and Norway. But they gave Eric Saade and Andreas high points to.

Here is the twelve points they gave:

Russia: Darin Serbia: Ola Greece: Darin France: Salem Al Fakir Ireland: Ola Norway: Salem Al Fakir

I watched the final of Melodifestivalen. The results are always very surprising! Anna's song is really good, though. It won't have any problem getting into the final in May. I can even see it winning if it gets a late slot in the final! :D I wanted the Irish jury to speak Swedish when presenting their results. Even I have a small bit of Swedish and I've never studied it! :P

Russia and Ukraine have hit a seriously low this year. No way will they be in the final. And if for some reason they are, they'll both come last. Serbia's song is dire, too. The UK's song is awful, but apparently it's getting a makeover, so I'll wait for the new version before really hating it. :P

We could very well see another "Northern" victory this year. Norway, Sweden, Ireland and Denmark are strong contenders this year (this is from the Eurovision community, not just me :P).

I do hope you are right Cal. That Sweden comes to the final. But it is hard knowing as you have to realy on the rest of Europe.

I do like Annas song, it is beautiful. But I am afraid it is to weak compared to the other ballads and that, people wont vote for it because of that. Sure Anna wasnt my favourite to win. But she was my top 4. But she has a great voice and I do hope that rest of Europe will like her. But as we have flopped 3 times the last 4 years, I am afraid we will do it again.

I accidentlly posted twice. Can someone please delete one post. Thank you.

I do hope you are right Cal. That Sweden comes to the final. But it is hard knowing as you have to realy on the rest of Europe.

I do like Annas song, it is beautiful. But I am afraid it is to weak compared to the other ballads and that, people wont vote for it because of that. Sure Anna wasnt my favourite to win. But she was my top 4. But she has a great voice and I do hope that rest of Europe will like her. But as we have flopped 3 times the last 4 years, I am afraid we will do it again.

I know that the swedes think that they have flopped 3 times in the last 4 years, but I do not think that is the case! You have always been in the final, always qualified for that one when you needed to. That is the most important, after the system was changed in 2004. I feel it doesn't matter how the song will do in the final as long as it is in the final... especially from 2008, when everybody has to qualify exept from the big 4 and the host country. It's not funny to watch the big final on the Saturday night when your country is not in it... For Norway, that happened in 2007. Ireland has failed to qualify for the final for a few years now, and Belgium, Netherlands and Switzerland always fail to qualify...

I know the semfinals are part of the contest now, but the final is the big one... So the last years I have said that I am happy if Norway qualifies for the final... But this year we are hosting the whole thing, so we don't need to qualify.

And I have heard the swedish song several times now, and the girl has a very good scene performance - she is so alive on the scene! And we know that stage performance is more important in esc, than the song itself so I have changed my mind- I think that Sweden will qualify... And the song is good (even if it is a ballad, I just hoped that you would have choosen something else because the contest needed one more up-tempo song....) and if it qualifies I think it will beat Norway's song, because it is not so cheezy and Anna's performance is better than Didrik's.

• 2 weeks later...

Representing Estonia this year.

I like that! Very different, could do well!

We could very well see a German victory this year, btw. Fantastic song, very catchy, and is one of the favourites to win!

Archived