2009 Finale

Guest -Kevin-

Anyone catch the season finale of Neighbours ?

Paul's son returning was well quite crap ! Do these Neighbours writers actually know what they are writing , I seriously doubt it sometimes. They come out with the purest of rubbish ever :lol:

If H&A ever left the show on a cliffhanger for the end of the year then I would be HIGHLY dissapointed!

The promo at the end was actually alright though.

What did everyone else think ?

The Neighbours finale was FAR more diverse than 'Pauls son returns', everything else in the episode was totally relevant too... The community spirit, character driven plot and general feeling of warmth/ lightness all point to a good finale in my book. I'm sure everyone is sick of stunts and shocks by now, it's evident in the general reaction to Home and Away's finale, that those kind of things just don't work anymore, and what was there to it besides the final scene? Nothing, just one brief funny moment with Colleen. Neighbours got the 'balanace' and thats why they're better writers. They didn't try to be a cop show or do anything as pretentiously 'big'. It WAS Neighbours.

The Neighbours finale was FAR more diverse than 'Pauls son returns', everything else in the episode was totally relevant too... The community spirit, character driven plot and general feeling of warmth/ lightness all point to a good finale in my book. I'm sure everyone is sick of stunts and shocks by now, it's evident in the general reaction to Home and Away's finale, that those kind of things just don't work anymore, and what was there to it besides the final scene? Nothing, just one brief funny moment with Colleen. Neighbours got the 'balanace' and thats why they're better writers. They didn't try to be a cop show or do anything as pretentiously 'big'. It WAS Neighbours.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Give me a strong, character-driven episode that sets up some big storylines for next year over some stupid OTT cliffhanger any day.

I agree with sexyluc the finale cliffhanger sucked. Why did they have the bigger cliffhanger on Thursday night? Lucas crashing into a truck on his bike? With everyone in the finale wondering where Lucas was. This would of been better having the accident in the finale and in the return episode of next they had everyone wondering where he was then Steph and Libby go for a drive at the end of the episode and find Lucas barely alive. I was disappointed in the Neighbours finale they should of bought Andrew back at the end of Thursdays episode

• 3 months later...

Yeah, we had the finale a couple of weeks ago here and I really wasn't impressed.A shoe-horned in "comedy" Christmas lights scene, a perfunctory wedding for the most ill-suited married couple since the last one, absolutely no follow-up to the cliffhanger from the previous episode except Rebecca going "Anyone seen Lucas lately?" a couple of times and a ridiculous end to the tedious Christmas decorations competition storyline as the "impartial" judge turns out to be...Karl, someone who isn't impartial in any way, shape or form.(I'd have liked to have seen someone truly impartial give Lyn the prize on the grounds that Rebecca's ideas were all tacky and gaudy, rather than seemingly having Karl do it just to spite Paul.)And a "surprise" revelation at the end that, typically, they blew in the closing credits about two weeks previous.

I know some people praised it for its "community feel" but when only about six people turn up for turning on the lights and half the cast aren't at the wedding while the other half look bored, I'm not seeing much of a community.

We didn't get the promo, just a bunch of clips culled from the "Here's everything of interest that happens this week so no need to watch it" montage at the start of the next episode.From what I've heard, some of it sounds quite interesting, some of it has me wanting to assassinate the producers.

Archived