Religion

Guest Dotti

Jesus Christ would have to appear right in front of me for me to believe that he existed!

I do find it a bit difficult to understand why Jesus would have to appear right in front of you for you to believe his existence, though. Do you believe Albert Einstein existed? Do you believe Florence Nightingale existed? Do you believe Ludwig van Beethoven existed? Yet, have any of them appeared in front of you?

Well Albert Einstein, Ludwig van Beethoven and Florence Nightingale weren't said to have died and risen again so why woul you doubt their existence. I assume the poster just means that she doesn't believe in somebody who died and suposedly risen again.

I don't think the poster did mean that, I think they were questioning that he ever existed.

It is historical fact that Jesus existed, its whether or not he is who the bible says he is that is the debate. Which is the question you posed.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ would have to appear right in front of me for me to believe that he existed!

I do find it a bit difficult to understand why Jesus would have to appear right in front of you for you to believe his existence, though. Do you believe Albert Einstein existed? Do you believe Florence Nightingale existed? Do you believe Ludwig van Beethoven existed? Yet, have any of them appeared in front of you?

Well Albert Einstein, Ludwig van Beethoven and Florence Nightingale weren't said to have died and risen again so why woul you doubt their existence. I assume the poster just means that she doesn't believe in somebody who died and suposedly risen again.

I don't think the poster did mean that, I think they were questioning that he ever existed.

It is historical fact that Jesus existed, its whether or not he is who the bible says he is that is the debate. Which is the question you posed.

I think the poster meant that she doubts that Jesus Christ still exists in some form....

If the poster was meaning that she doesn't think Jesus Christ ever walked the earth then thats not true.There is records that say Jesus died after he was crucified and right to his death he forgave all the men that did horrific things to him, the bible isn't just something that was made up.

I think the poster meant that she doubts that Jesus Christ still exists in some form....

If the poster was meaning that she doesn't think Jesus Christ ever walked the earth then thats not true.There is records that say Jesus died after he was crucified and right to his death he forgave all the men that did horrific things to him, the bible isn't just something that was made up.

The poster clearly said that Jesus would have to appear in front of her for her to believe he existed. Full-stop. You're reading too much into it. And if by any chance she did mean that she doubts Jesus still exists today in some form, then she wasn't very clear because she said "existed" - as in past tense. She didn't say "exists".

That's besides the point though. The question that should be asked isn't if he existed. It's irrelevant. Jesus' existence is as real as mine. There are records that confirm there was a man named Jesus, he was persecuted and he was crucified on the cross. Instead, people should be asking what richleamington said: "Is Jesus who the Bible says he is - the son of God?" And that's where 'faith' comes into play. 'Faith' is essential to a Christian's belief.

Suzanne, that's awesome! :D

Great news! What denomination are you? My church believes in adult baptism too. I was baptised at 21.

Thanks Nathan and Richleamington.

I'm really looking forward to being able to show my friends and family how much my faith means to me, and making another step in a life long journey :)

I currently attend a baptist church.Adult baptism is a much better option in my opinion, particularly because the individual makes the decision to be baptised themselves rather than baptism as a baby and then confirmation as a teenager. All the babies/toddlers in the church I go to have only been dedicated (we had 2 dedications last Sunday), which I feel is the best option for both the child and the family.

• 2 months later...

No that was not was I meant at all!

Of course I want to believe that there is some kind of life after death where all loved departed loved ones suffer no more!

I would like to believe that there is someone up there on our side!

I said what I said meaning that I just can't believe in someone returning after dying without physical proof!

I can't believe a lot of things without physical proof!

The day my grandfather died I couldn't believe it until I saw him, and to this day I still expect to see him when I visit my grandma and then get a shock when I don't!

Look, I know everyone has a different feeling about God, Jesus and all that!

An this is how I feel!

I didn't post it to have people attacking what I believe!

I'm not saying any of you are attacking what I said, I'm just saying it!

• 6 months later...

Archived