Harper's Island

Guest -Kevin-

I have just started downloading Harpers Island and I've watched 8 episodes so far and I think its fantastic. I can't believe I missed this on TV.

I love the relationship that Abby and Henry have and I love Trish and Henry , there such a cute couple.

Anyone else watching ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it when it was on TV, to the bitter end. I loved it. My Sunday nights feel so empty without it :( I still can't get over how good it was. When I started watching it, I expected it to be like a teen-slasher movie where I tend to laugh at how unrealistic the violence is, rather than actually care about the characters. But with Harper's... the emotional attachment got stronger and stronger over the weeks... some of those deaths were traumatic :(

Excellent, excellent show. I really hope it comes out on DVD in Australia, and soon!

I watched it when it was on TV, to the bitter end. I loved it. My Sunday nights feel so empty without it .I still can't get over how good it was. When I started watching it, I expected it to be like a teen-slasher movie where I tend to laugh at how unrealistic the violence is, rather than actually care about the characters. But with Harper's... the emotional attachment got stronger and stronger over the weeks... some of those deaths were traumatic

Excellent, excellent show. I really hope it comes out on DVD in Australia, and soon!

Finally someone else who loves it just as much as I do :P

I am so sad thats its only a one off show and won't return for a 2nd series :(

Abby and Henry :wub: they are just the best couple ever and its amazing how attached I've become to the characters and their relationships . I loved both Abby's relationships with both Jimmy and Henry. They we're so strong and felt so real , they had amazing chemistry onscreen.

I plan on finishing the series tonight with episodes 9-13. I really just can't stop myself from watching as many as I can get at a time :lol:

I can't wait till I can get my hands on the DVD's as well , then I can watch again and again.

I have really become obsessed with it at this stage , I can't believe how good it was , I was expecting a lame murder plot but I was totally not expecting to love it this much , its sooooo much more than what I expected it to be and I feel so honoured that I caught on to it because I really would be heartbroken if I never saw it (even though I wouldn't be heartbroken because I wouldn't know what I was missing out on ) :lol:

I most definitely reccomend it to everyone !!

I have just finished watching the last 2 episodes of Harper's and i am at a loss as to what i'm going to do without it.

It was on of those addictive shows where you just have to keep watching to the end to find out what's going to happen. I wish they had made more than 13 episodes though.

I saw the fifth episode when I was in New York back in May, so when I came back home I watched it at US pace and I loved it. I think the

Cal and Chloe

death scene was the best scene in the entire series. :( I was a bit miffed about the ending though, but the series as a whole was brilliant. Definitely one for my DVD collection. :)

I've already added it to my dvd collection and it will no doubt be watched over and over again as i love it.

Is it already available on DVD ?

Where'd u get it ?

I agree about Chloe and Cal they we're my favourite couple definitely ,it was so sad how he asked her to marry him and then

he was killed

:(

Is it already available on DVD ?

Where'd u get it ?

I am really dissapointed that it wont be a continuing series , I imagine it was a huge hit with the viewers and they would want to do another series. I did hear that they originally intended to make a 2nd series but apparently plans we're scrapped.

and I swear Madison is the most annoying child on TV ever !! She bugged me so much.

The penultimate episode airs here in Ireland tonight so I'll watch that and I have the next and final episode downloaded to watch straight after .

So I'll have watched the entire series of Harper's in a few days :lol: I really don't know how you guys could go on waiting another week to see the next episode though. I am dying to see the next episode already and I've just finished watching 3 !!

I quite liked Sully's character as well , I liked the relationship he had with Cal and Chloe. I loved when Cal said " I just want to get Chloe off this island " and Sully said "I just want Chloe" :lol: .

When Wakefield exploded the marina I was soooo devastated because I thought Jimmy :wub: was dead . OMG how hot is Jimmy !! I think I was in love with him.

Can't wait to see the finale later :D

Cal was my favourite character too. I was so traumatized when... it happened :( I loved Chloe's "You can't have me"... *sniff.*

Jimmy reminded me of Milo Ventimiglia, so I kept calling him Jesse (Milo's character in Gilmore Girls). It took me ages to remember anyone's name. Except for Cal... Maybe because I have a friend named Cal :wink: Or maybe just because Cal was clearly awesome from as early as the second episode...

The final episodes were gut-wrenching. I was almost as upset by that as I was about Cal. It was just so... so... eh!!

How could he lie to us like that!? How!?!?! I TRUSTED HIM!!!!

:( :(

"Sigh" was such an appropriate title for the finale episode. *Sigh* indeed...

I was so dissapointed in the end.

I was so angry that

Henry could kill everyone like that , it upset me though when he murdered Trish and Sully

because they we're really close :( like how could he do it !!

Trish was one of my favourite characters as well and I thought

her death scene was quite sad as well

. Imagine the man you're about to marry comes out and says

he murdered all your family and friends then actually murders you

and out of everyone who survives ?

Sheay and Madison. Ugh. I would have rathered Sully or Trish survived along with Abby and Jimmy to be honest.

I don't know why people took it as gospel that

Chloe was dead either because she jumped into the river , it would have been a possibility that she didn't die

I thought the end scene was really sad and tragic when

Abby killed Henry. I always felt the connection between Henry and Abby since the beginning and it was very clear from the start that he loved Abby. If only he hadn't of killed half the population of an island though they would have made a brilliant couple. It all made sense then when the flashback showed Abby tell him that she wanted to live on the island with him forever on their own.

:(

I am actually so gutted that the show is all over !! Like its depressing me thinking about it. I've got Harper's Island on the brain :lol:

lol I don't think you're exaggerating when you say you're depressed. My friend and I were depressed after Cal and Chloe,

and Trish and Henry.

Harper's was just so harsh. I guess I'm not used to seeing characters that I've had weeks to become attached to being killed so horrifically... With movies, there's not really that time to bond so you can remain fairly indifferent to them. But with TV... I bonded! I felt so lost and betrayed! :(

The video at the end too... ugh. Just.. ugh. Harsh... very harsh.

Archived