Harper's Island

Guest -Kevin-

lol I don't think you're exaggerating when you say you're depressed. My friend and I were depressed after Cal and Chloe,

and Trish and Henry.

Harper's was just so harsh. I guess I'm not used to seeing characters that I've had weeks to become attached to being killed so horrifically... With movies, there's not really that time to bond so you can remain fairly indifferent to them. But with TV... I bonded! I felt so lost and betrayed! :(

When the characters we're killed I felt shocked and I actually think I'm grieving for them :lol: I am officially in grieving for

Henry,Trish,Cal,Chloe,Sully

Yeah I agree how when you watch a movie then its over and done with in a matter of around 2 hours. When people we're killed on Harper's I felt like I've known them sooo well and I cared about them more than any single person on H&A. There are some anazing videos on Youtube of Trish/Henry, Henry/Abby, Chloe/Cal and Abby/Jimmy. I think I'm actually obsessed. I feel like I need to watch some more episodes but there are none left. :(

I would really love a show about the characters of Harper's Island , just not on an island being murdered. It would be fantastic to have a longer running series with the same characters in a different setting.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I don't think you're exaggerating when you say you're depressed. My friend and I were depressed after Cal and Chloe,

and Trish and Henry.

Harper's was just so harsh. I guess I'm not used to seeing characters that I've had weeks to become attached to being killed so horrifically... With movies, there's not really that time to bond so you can remain fairly indifferent to them. But with TV... I bonded! I felt so lost and betrayed! :(

When the characters we're killed I felt shocked and I actually think I'm grieving for them :lol: I am officially in grieving for

Yeah I agree how when you watch a movie then its over and done with in a matter of around 2 hours. When people we're killed on Harper's I felt like I've known them sooo well and I cared about them more than any single person on H&A. There are some anazing videos on Youtube of Trish/Henry, Henry/Abby, Chloe/Cal and Abby/Jimmy. I think I'm actually obsessed. I feel like I need to watch some more episodes but there are none left. :(

I would really love a show about the characters of Harper's Island , just not on an island being murdered. It would be fantastic to have a longer running series with the same characters in a different setting.

I agree, it is much more traumatic for the viewer when a TV character is killed than a movie one. With slasher movies the deaths are kind of entertaining in a sick way, but on Harper's Island they were really quite tragic, especially the later ones.

and Trish and Henry.

I agree, it is much more traumatic for the viewer when a TV character is killed than a movie one. With slasher movies the deaths are kind of entertaining in a sick way, but on Harper's Island they were really quite tragic, especially the later ones.

Yeah I agree , the most loved characters we're left to die in the later stages of the series. Well all my faves died towards the end anyway.

The only way I can deal with my Harper's addiction is to make videos of it which I can't stop doing :lol:

I started watching Harper's Island because I was up one night waiting for my parents to come home so I could go to bed. I had no intentions of watching the show (nor had I heard of it), but I was bored, so I gave it a go. And I can honestly say I haven't regretted that for a second :P I love the show. Okay, originally I only continued watching because Katie Cassidy was on it, but I soon became hooked. I'll admit it was a bit boring up until episode 5, but after that it became so exciting and I just had to keep on watching.

I got really attached to some of the characters, while others were just annoying and I found them pretty useless, like Shea :ph34r: .

After Shane's death (was it Shane? I'm not completely sure. He was Jimmy's friend who hated J.D. for seveal reasons) I cared about every single character and I wanted them all to survive. Well, maybe apart from Shea. I would have let Trish survive instead of her. Blah, I was so annoyed when she got off the island. I can understand the writers wanted to keep her alive because of Madison (who also was very annoying with her "you didn't ask me" attitude), but they could've made her a slightly more interesting character.

And why did Henry have to be the killer? He was so adorable! I wanted him and Trish together and I was mad at him for a while when he just stabbed her like that. R.I.P Trish :( She was my favourite along with Cal, Chloe and Booth. Oh, and how mean was that video in the end?! That just made the situation even sadder. Stupid John Wakefield. >.<

On a completely shallow note, how hot did Katie Cassidy look as a brunette? :wub:Did I mention that I have a girl crush on her? No? Well, I do. :P

I started watching Harper's Island because I was up one night waiting for my parents to come home so I could go to bed. I had no intentions of watching the show (nor had I heard of it), but I was bored, so I gave it a go. And I can honestly say I haven't regretted that for a second :P I love the show. Okay, originally I only continued watching because Katie Cassidy was on it, but I soon became hooked. I'll admit it was a bit boring up until episode 5, but after that it became so exciting and I just had to keep on watching.

I got really attached to some of the characters, while others were just annoying and I found them pretty useless, like Shea .

After Shane's death (was it Shane? I'm not completely sure. He was Jimmy's friend who hated J.D. for seveal reasons) I cared about every single character and I wanted them all to survive. Well, maybe apart from Shea. I would have let Trish survive instead of her. Blah, I was so annoyed when she got off the island. I can understand the writers wanted to keep her alive because of Madison (who also was very annoying with her "you didn't ask me" attitude), but they could've made her a slightly more interesting character.

And why did Henry have to be the killer? He was so adorable! I wanted him and Trish together and I was mad at him for a while when he just stabbed her like that. R.I.P Trish . She was my favourite along with Cal, Chloe and Booth. Oh, and how mean was that video in the end?! That just made the situation even sadder. Stupid John Wakefield.

On a completely shallow note, how hot did Katie Cassidy look as a brunette? :wub:Did I mention that I have a girl crush on her? No? Well, I do.

I was the same Valli , I came across it completely by accident , I was watching a TV show one night and flicked through the channels and saw the ending scene to episode 11,

Cal and Chloe's death scene

. After that I just went straight into my computer and began downloading the 1st 4 episodes. I burned them to DVD then off I went to my room and watched them all back to back , I finished the entire series in the space of around 3 days !! I really couldn't wait to see the next episode like seriously I was so addicted and waiting a week to see the next episode just wouldn't have been an option for me.

I totally loved Henry and Trish and was so gutted when he

just killed her. I was like OMG Henry how could you , it is Trish you just killed you do realise!!

I agree with you about Trish too , she was so sexy. I would go straight for her :lol:

I kinda liked Shea though , I felt sorry for her after her father died and when she discovered Richard was cheating on her with her own mother in law :o

But Madison , I wouldn't have minded if she got strung up by the neck :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok watched the first couple of episodes of Harpers Island on BBC3 (I made the effort to see it because of some of the comments here). Quite intrigued now. I was expecting one person to be killed per episode but in two episodes we already have five dead people. Presumably the killer is someone who was on the boat due to attend the wedding. I’ve tried not to read too many of the comments because I don’t really want to be spoiled but I’m assuming it’s the sort of thing that people will become emotionally attached or feel they have an affinity with some of the characters only to have them taken away.

Ok watched the first couple of episodes of Harpers Island on BBC3 (I made the effort to see it because of some of the comments here). Quite intrigued now. I was expecting one person to be killed per episode but in two episodes we already have five dead people. Presumably the killer is someone who was on the boat due to attend the wedding. I’ve tried not to read too many of the comments because I don’t really want to be spoiled but I’m assuming it’s the sort of thing that people will become emotionally attached or feel they have an affinity with some of the characters only to have them taken away.

I have roped my 3 sisters into watching it :lol:

It is really worth watching though Slade , I liked the way all the characters grow on you throughout the series.

and the story about the killer is quite an interesting one with a great backstory. Anyway I won't say anything else .

Hope you enjoy it :)

Archived