Harper's Island

Guest -Kevin-

Two really good episodes last Sunday. It’s been interesting watching the events unfold since

Madison’s kidnapping. It’s a very difficult position for everyone to be in and this is probably going to sound harsh (even though I didn’t necessarily agree with them) but I could sort of see the reasoning of Christopher and the others who wanted to leave the Island. I’m guessing they were thinking the death of one person, a child (no matter how tragic) is a small price to pay when there is a strong possibility that they could ALL wind up dead anyway and there’s no guarantee that the person committing the murders isn’t going to kill her too – “The needs of the many prevail over the needs of the few”.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two really good episodes last Sunday. It’s been interesting watching the events unfold since

Madison’s kidnapping. It’s a very difficult position for everyone to be in and this is probably going to sound harsh (even though I didn’t necessarily agree with them) but I could sort of see the reasoning of Christopher and the others who wanted to leave the Island. I’m guessing they were thinking the death of one person, a child (no matter how tragic) is a small price to pay when there is a strong possibility that they could ALL wind up dead anyway and there’s no guarantee that the person committing the murders isn’t going to kill her too – “The needs of the many prevail over the needs of the few”.

I would have just left Madison on the island and left. That girl caused more trouble than anyone else :rolleyes:

The most recent episodes had me at the edge of my seat. I was relieved at first that most of them made it to the next day alive but kept thinking who’s going to go next. I have to say

I really don’t like how the whole show is centred around Abi. Don’t get me wrong I think people were unfair how they reacted to her with the revelation that the killer could actually be her father and I know she’s a good person (i.e. not passing judgment on JD and getting Madison back) but I just don’t find her as interesting as other characters – although her personality could be attributed the fact that she saw her mother hanging from a tree when she was younger which has probably affected her socially (if not psychologically) but she seems ok compared to other people I can think of on the Island. I would like to see a bit of focus on somebody else but that seems pretty unlikely now.

Abi was the "star" of the show. She did the voice overs at the start of the episodes and stuff. I don't think she was really meant to be an interesting character, but events did revolve around her because of her past. I think she was a focal point more than anything so that the story wasn't completely random. I get what you mean about her not being the best character but I think she was kind of like the glue holding everything together, and while glue isn't that fascinating, it's job is important... (I was drinking pretty heavily last night, so apologies if that didn't quite make sense...)

ooh I just watched a trailer for the remake of "A Nightmare On Elm Street" and Katie Cassidy plays one of the main characters :D :D I can't wait to see her in it.

I haven't seen her with blonde hair in anything yet but I recognized her straight away.

It will begood to see Trish in something else :lol:

Heres the trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0i6V22chTM

Its released in april 2010 (my birthday)

I love horror films anyway so I am looking forward to this :D

^^As I mentioned before Kate Cassidy was in the third season of Supernatural. She had blonde hair in that. I prefer the red hair.

They only showed one episode of Harper’s Island this week - Obviously because of the odd number of total episodes so next week they’ll broadcast the final two. To compensate they showed behind the scenes footage beforehand. I didn’t realise the actress who plays Abi is Irish. I’m guessing she is from her accent.

Anyway since the startling revelation that

the person committing the murders had in fact been John Wakefield all along the show’s changed. Instead of people murdered and stealthily picked off one by one we are actually seeing Wakefield claiming his victims out in the open. Fair play to Shane who sacrificed himself so Trish/Chloe/Shea and Madison could escape. I didn’t like him at first and really didn’t think he cared enough about anyone to do that but at least that’s changed my opinion of him.

This episode has been the first one where the character’s deaths have genuinely bothered me. I really loved Cal and Chloe as a couple and thought they were great. It was quite sad watching her husband to be brutally murdered like that and ultimately she knew she was going to die so rather than wait for the inevitable she decided to deprive John Wakefield of one killing at least so I guess that’s something. And they kind of went together anyway. Well sort of.

According to the evidence Madison and Shea uncovered it appears as though Jimmy could be in league with Wakefield. I’m sure there’s bound to be twists and turns and some sort of explanation but it looks as thought the Sheriff might have died for nothing. I’m left asking the question if the Sheriff suspected then why didn’t he do anything about it? Why did he make the deal with Wakefield in the first place? More to the point if he was tracking him for years why didn’t he alert anyone to the fact that he was still alive?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that if anyone has missed out on the opportunity to see Harper's Island or the country they live in isn't airing it or already has aired and you missed it , I will be uploading the episodes.

I am uploading the episodes for Barbara because it isn't airing in her part of Belgium , so if anyone else wants to see these then just PM me :)

Even though it’s been over two weeks since it finished I suppose I should still comment.

I have to say I was bitterly disappointed with the ending. Not so much that it was bad but things didn’t turn out how I’d hoped. They had to go and kill Trish, my favourite character. I had a feeling she wasn’t going to make it but the worst part was not only was Henry the one that killed her but responsible for most of the other killings as well (shame because I really liked him too). What happened to true love? I really liked them as a couple (just as much as Cal and Chloe) and wanted them to have their wedding someday, even though it felt like Henry and Abby were soul mates.

I never had any idea he was behind of lot of the murders, although thinking back there were a couple of things that could have raised suspicion not enough though. Firstly when Wellington was with Trish in the woods and he said he didn’t like Henry because he didn’t trust him and secondly JD. I thought Henry killed JD at first but believed it was accidental. And to think, all this because Henry was adopted and his parents didn’t tell him but ultimately it was for Abby his sister. I knew she and Madison would survive. Let’s face it Abby was the main character so they weren’t going to kill her off and there was no way they were going to let someone butcher a little girl. I wasn’t sure about Shea but as Madison already lost one parent I suppose it would have been cruel if she’d lost both and I really didn’t think Jimmy would make it TBH.

Not quite sure what the purpose of showing the pre-wedding video with everybody in it at the end was and also wasn’t sure how much time passed between when the church burned down to when Abby woke up at the house with Henry. Anyway overall a really good collection of episodes and to reiterate what was mentioned previously in this thread, although I’m not really into horror that much anymore this one was good because at the start I was always anticipating who was going to die next and a couple of the deaths I found quite funny but towards the end some of the characters were so much more likeable that their death’s were really sad.

As I said before if it wasn't for this thread I probably wouldn't have watched it and I'm glad I did.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived