'Disasters Down Under' - Old H&A on Fiver

Guest Shaun.

The episodes during Sarah Lewis’s reign of terror were quite good. Once again good to see older episodes with Kirsty, Kane and Dani but this time all on the same side. I believe these were a couple of episodes after the wedding/recommitment ceremony.

Anyway I found it hard to contain my amusement, at everybody’s reaction at the realisation that it was Sarah who killed Felix but because of the psychosis thought that one of them was to blame and subsequently wanted revenge. Dani’s reaction after getting burnt by the soap was equally amusing.

Quite liked Kane’s role. Even though he was still coming across as the hard man there was genuine concern for people who you could argue were his friends now. He warned Scott about Felix, tried to help Tasha when Sarah pulled to the gun and was also there after Jesse was got shot.

I found it interesting when Dani was talking about being tired of living in fear. She was obviously referring to Felix/Sarah but I wonder is subconsciously she meant the stuff that happened with Kane before. Funny how she was so desperate she even considered involving the Guv. That’s what caused the trouble in the first place.

Robbie and Tasha were cute and I liked her “heart transplant” remark after he startled her. Those two seemed so different but I really liked them together. It was pretty stupid her leaving the gun in her room. Jesse could have gotten killed (can’t remember if it was the same gun Sarah shot Noah with after she escaped from the mental hospital but what Red Ranger said above suggests that it is). I have to say though she had real guts going after Sarah knowing full well she had just fired at someone. That was one of the things I liked about her before she mellowed out.

Despite having a newborn I always thought it was really good of Sally to let everybody stay there and I like Kane’s chat with her.

Quite liked Peter and when he was explaining how meticulous they had to clean everything after Sarah had been there. Also enjoyed the reaction after he said it was a “distinct possibility” she could go to jail and Irene’s response when Robbie said it was good thing she left the gun there (obviously saying it to make her feel better).

As mentioned above at first I thought they were going to show the OC too but unfortunately not. I think that was more of a disaster to be honest. And to think all this (Noah dying) and the stuff with Zoe 1-2 years after because of one article.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to mention my favourite bit about the Sarah Lewis episodes:The fact that while Peter's at Sally's place giving them the pep talk about how careful they all need to be, the front door is wide open throughout the whole scene.I think it was that storyline that really hammered home that Dani's animosity towards Kane had vanished completely;I remember when Felix was stalking her she heard someone moving around outside the house and was genuinely relieved to find it was Kane, when you'd expect her to see him as the lesser of two evils at best.

Anyway...today's eps.I'm tempted to say they should have just shown those two and forgotten about the one from yesterday, maybe showing more of the bus crash instead, because you had the whole of the cyclone story there and still ended up with a couple of unresolved cliffhangers.My memory must be playing tricks because I'd compressed events completely:Stuff I thought was at the end of the previous year was in those episodes and stuff I thought was in those episodes was later in the week.I still remember those scenes leading up to the cyclone really well though, with Robbie looking put out to see Tasha and Jonah together and then helping them and Martha telling Jack she loved him for the first time.

Nice game of "How many people get electrocuted this episode?":They were probably trying for some form of escalation, with Ric getting a minor shock, Sally getting a major one and then Flynn actually being hit by the cable, but since none of them suffered any ill effects it falls a bit flat.Given that a few weeks down the line Flynn's so drained a tumble down some stairs kills him and he could barely get off the couch beforehand, it does seem odd he just shook it off.Nice conversation between him and Sally once it was over though.Knowing Ric and Mattie ended up together it does feel really odd seeing them with Cassie and Lucas.

Oh, damn, I keep forgetting these earlier Kane episdes are on! :( I wouldn't get home in time most nights to watch any tho.

Despite having a newborn I always thought it was really good of Sally to let everybody stay there and I like Kane’s chat with her.

Why, what was the chat about? :unsure: I was on holiday for a couple of weeks when the Stalker episodes were shown so I missed several and I don't think I remember that.

Oh, damn, I keep forgetting these earlier Kane episdes are on! :( I wouldn't get home in time most nights to watch any tho.

You can still watch them online on Demand Five. They should be available for another three weeks.

Why, what was the chat about? :unsure: I was on holiday for a couple of weeks when the Stalker episodes were shown so I missed several and I don't think I remember that.

Nothing much it was just that Sally was worried about Sarah and Kane asked her if she was ok and she just mentioned now that she had a child things were different (whereas before she would have been able to deal with it). Kane was basically trying to reassure her. It’s just that I liked the way she felt she could talk to him and they became friends after that. Several months later Sally and Flynn were very supportive of Kane and Kirsty during his cancer and her HSC. Also, just following on from what Red Ranger mentioned above that people had moved on regarding the stuff that happened with Dani.

Ah the bus crash. I liked that episode because that was the time Nathan finally saw the light and turned good. I never really like the first one so I didn’t mind him this time around. Quite liked the stuff with Fisher and Seb because it just reminded me of how their relationship had progressed from when he first turned up in the bay and seemed to despise Fisher and have nothing but contempt towards him.

The second episode was interesting and I actually didn’t see it the first time round. I’m assuming that was towards the end of 2005. Anyway Amanda being bad was quite enjoyable and I saw a side to Beth that I don’t recall during the Sutherland years (even when Rhys cheated on her) i.e. throwing a drink over her mother in law. As a gold digger Amanda clearly didn’t want to engage in any physicality with Graham. When she told Beth she was going to do everything to turn him against her, she seemed spiteful but at the same time controlled. Didn’t realise when Flynn was nearing the end of his life he wanted euthanasia performed on him. Not sure if Ric was going out with Cassie back then, didn’t see “The believers” storyline and finally Rachel (who came across quite well) before I started disliking her.

Actually, those cyclone episodes were the first three of 2006.There was an awful lot going on in the 2005 finale:Kim in the drug den, Amanda and Graham getting married, Flynn contemplating euthanasia, Leah and Dan splitting up and her realising she's pregnant...And that's the edited version. And yes, Ric and Cassie were together at that point, it was after she was with Aden and before he was with Belle.(Hmm."Is there anyone here who hasn't slept together?"If Ric and Belle are involved, probably not...)

So, Martha and Jack's wedding blew up again.First episode was quite good.Ric's overdone the testosterone injections again and Belle's at her sulkiest.(And has anyone ever called their sister "babe", like Macca does with Martha here?)Nice wedding before they all nearly died.Like the little awkward bit between Kim and Kit...the countdown to him impregnating her starts here.And it was Leah and Dan's wedding anniversary apparently.Assuming I haven't got my episodes wrong again, remember that for next week because you'll suddenly go "Hang on..."And that climax.Ahem.Leaving aside the most random unmasking of a villain ever, what the heck happened?Eve clearly doesn't go anywhere near the gas canister after her entrance so if she caused the leak, the only explanation is if she sneaked in, set it going, then sneaked out again so she could make a big show of bursting in.(It has to be said, she looks awfully delighted when she realises they're all about to get blown up.)So I've watched it carefully...and Jack causes the explosion.Take a look:When everyone's watching Eve and you get that shot of Martha, a guy that looks awfully like Jack wanders around behind her, stoops down and apparently fiddles about with something.As to why...what, you expect me to know everything?

So did anyone see Irene or Belle among those leaving the burning building?Guess they were just out of shot the whole time.(Wouldn't be so bad if Belle wasn't one of the ones needing burn treatment in the later episodes.Yep, she couldn't stay out of hospital even then...)It's interesting watching that in retrospect because you can see the seeds being planted for Peter's resurrection.(And apparently they did know they were going to do it at the time, Nic Bishop recalled he was asked to come back right before filming his "death scene".)The way the ambulance men can't understand why Peter's unconscious, Green being called away to talk to two mysterious men(ie, the witness protection guys). And get ready for possibly Tony's greatest moment ever.I was actually in tears rewatching that, the fact that despite the situation he manages to have complete empathy for Dan and seems as committed to helping him come to terms with things as he is to saving Jack.And I've never noticed before the way you see his hand on Peter's arm at the end of the scene, something Dan hasn't been able to bring himself to do.I love that little moment when Elaine remembers who Kim is right before she dies as well.

LOVED todays episodes. Its so bad its good! :lol: Would I be right in saying that all the cast were present at the wedding minus Amanda, who if I remember correctly was off making a film then or something? Why they cant have all the cast at weddings anymore is a real shame. The last time we had a large number of cast in one episode was Belles funeral wasnt it? At least she got a better send of than Jack :lol:

I only noticed today that when Julie came in to talk to the doctor when he was with Jack, and he left, you can see him talking to two men in suits outside the room, which now I realise was the witness protection men? I always thought that they never planned to bring Peter back, they just decided to a little while after he died? Maybe I'm wrong! Or maybe it was just a concidence that the doctor happened to be talking to two dodgy looking people :lol: Dont ask me how I noticed it, I notice weird things.

Anyone else notice that when Lucas went to get Rachel to help Matilda outside the barn, that she seemed to be laughing with Kim even though she was filming a very serious scene?

From Around 3:44, you cant really see it though because of the bad quality. Just me again?

:P

Elaine dying was so sad. Def Amy's best acting since the being on the show.

Only one more week left, and they are all recent episodes :(

Yes, every single one of the main characters was at the wedding except Amanda.I think the same thing happened with Flynn's funeral(and I think Amanda was out of town at the time).She was in the Bay for Jack and Martha's wedding but no-one was talking to her so she probably didn't get an invite.I remember the next morning she heard about Peter's death and went round to Dan and Leah's and Dan ended up telling her to get lost.(It was also shortly after that that she and Belle found out they were mother and daughter.)

The cyclone episodes were ok, not as bad as I thought they would be. Preferred the first one to the second mainly because I was quite impressed with the actual visual/audio effects. The theme initially seemed to be martyrdom/bravery/stupidity - haven’t decided which. “Don’t go, you can’t go”, “No I’ll go”, “No I’ll go you stay here”. Objectively speaking everybody’s actions were perfectly understandable as each person wanted to seek out their loved one(s) – Robbie for Tasha, Ric for Cassie, Sally/Flynn for Ric and Cassie and Alf for everyone just mentioned bar Robbie and Tasha.

Previously we saw Flynn contemplating taking his own life. I guess risking his to save Ric and Cassie ultimately changed his mind so he was determined to hang on for as long as possible.

It’s a shame Sally received an electric shock. It should have been Coleen and she should have been electrocuted. Put us all out of her misery. That STUPID woman :P

Although I don’t like Rachel now I didn’t mind her pre 2008. I didn’t see these episodes the first time round and the earliest one I can recall seeing with her and Kim was Flynn’s funeral where I believe he was trying to pursue a relationship and she was reluctant because of the patient doctor thing. So it’s interesting seeing things right from the start or at least to the point of how they first met (even thought they didn’t meet in that episode).

I didn’t see Dan and Leah’s wedding until last year and didn’t realise Leah was pregnant until someone replied to a quick question I asked one time so I’m more intrigued as to the exact circumstances of their separations. Felt sorry for Leah when she was tied up but would now like to know more about that storyline so I guess I’ll have to do a bit of searching around. I think I’ll also check when these episodes were first broadcasted too.

Actually Red Ranger in the episode where Peter is on his death bed and Dan is sitting by his side Leah is on a chair at the foot of the bed, Tony Comes in to try and explain to Dan about how he was when his wife diea and how he held on to her cloathes and make up but as you said yes he did hold Peters arm but towarwds the end of that scene his hand had moved from the arm to his upper leg and it wouldnt have suprised me if Nic hadnt sat up to ask what he was playing at , I thought it rather strange that they let that go ahead and I,ve watched that episode over and over csnt seem to get his hand moved. :o

I didn’t see Dan and Leah’s wedding until last year and didn’t realise Leah was pregnant until someone replied to a quick question I asked one time so I’m more intrigued as to the exact circumstances of their separations. Felt sorry for Leah when she was tied up but would now like to know more about that storyline so I guess I’ll have to do a bit of searching around. I think I’ll also check when these episodes were first broadcasted too.

As best as I can remember, Dan's gambling addiction, which apparently contributed to him and Amanda breaking up, flared up again and he ended up heavily in debt.His bookie got fed up with his excuses and sold the debt on to some dodgy character who started threatening him and ended up kidnapping Ryan and holding him to ransom.He was arrested after which Leah threw Dan out because he'd gambled all their savings away.

Archived