'Disasters Down Under' - Old H&A on Fiver

Guest Shaun.

Could a mod edit the topic description with the date the specials finish as I don't know..

--

I'm looking forward to some of these eps, though again at least one of them has to have Martha in. :rolleyes: Martha and Jack's wedding with the barn explosion.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to this lot too.Aside from the aforementioned umpteenth chance to see Jack and Martha's wedding blowing up, it's stuff we haven't seen in a while.Shame it's slightly out of order with a bunch of episodes from 2004 before we suddenly jump back to the bus disaster from 2003.Presumably it's to make the storylines flow more smoothly although they haven't been too bothered about keeping consecutive episodes together for the last week.

Shame it's slightly out of order with a bunch of episodes from 2004 before we suddenly jump back to the bus disaster from 2003.

I actually think you meant 2002. I remember that because Nathan helped Nick out.

Well certainly the first week looks good. I’m not so sure about the second because yet again, the episodes are far too recent. *sighs*

Shame it's slightly out of order with a bunch of episodes from 2004 before we suddenly jump back to the bus disaster from 2003.

I actually think you meant 2002. I remember that because Nathan helped Nick out.

Well certainly the first week looks good. I’m not so sure about the second because yet again, the episodes are far too recent. *sighs*

I have to say I am quite disappointed with the episodes that have been aired on Fiver this month so far. Some are less than two years old, and are not very good.

I had hoped they would of gone a bit further back and given us a better walk down memory lane, but instead we seem to get the same few episodes that have been shown already on other specials (like Sally and Flynns wedding and death - as good as they are, having watched the weddings one Fiver did a few months ago, and also the deaths over Xmas, I have seen both within the last 12 months, and now we are being "treated" to the same episodes again. :rolleyes:

I have to say I am quite disappointed with the episodes that have been aired on Fiver this month so far. Some are less than two years old, and are not very good.

I had hoped they would of gone a bit further back and given us a better walk down memory lane, but instead we seem to get the same few episodes that have been shown already on other specials (like Sally and Flynns wedding and death - as good as they are, having watched the weddings one Fiver did a few months ago, and also the deaths over Xmas, I have seen both within the last 12 months, and now we are being "treated" to the same episodes again. :rolleyes:

Agree completely. I record everything on my V+ box and watch it later, but I've just deleted a lot of what's been recorded without bothering to watch it. I'm sick of seeing the same handful of episodes which aren't even that good!

Am I the only one who enjoyed all the episodes fiver showed these past 2 weeks!? Even the episode from 2008, as I got to see my loveable Ric shirtless and fighting. :)

I know its a bit of a pain seeing as they arent that old, but the way I see it beggers cannot be choosers. We should just be gratefull that fiver are actually showing old episodes for once!

No, I meant 2002, although it may well have been 2003 when we saw them over here.Nathan turned up around the time Will and Gypsy got married, which was early 2002, and Nick was still in a wheelchair from the incident when Kirsty took that ecstasy tablet as we saw the other week:I think they even mentioned Jade was having trouble sleeping because of the incident.

Didn't realise they'd posted the details for the second week.First couple of days with the 2007 episodes aren't too bad but my heart sank when I saw last year's OC(although thankfully nothing involving the Aden plotline)and sank still further when I saw last year's finale and the opening episodes of this year.

By the way, the episode number(obviously)and TX date(less obviously)for the second episode on the 25th are obviously wrong:That sounds like episode 4462.

EDIT: Either I read it wrong or someone's just corrected it.If it was the first one, sorry.If it was the second one, thanks.

SECOND EDIT: Slade, I've just realised that I got it wrong the first time, you got it right the first time, then I got it right and thought you'd got it wrong.Ahem."Yes, I meant 2002, I've no idea why I said 2003, I appear to be going senile.Or possibly I've just been asleep all day."

It’s alright Red, you’ll be surprised how often I do that.

Ah were back to showing episodes from my favourite era. Obviously after that ridiculous twin storyline with Jade revealed to not be an actual Sutherland this marked the start of her going of the rails and the beginning of the end of the Sutherland era (over the course of several months). Well at least Kirsty and Kane gained acceptance from Dani and Rhys by then.

Loved the part when Kirsty was getting hassled by the guy who raced Duncan and Kane, showed up, the guy told Kirsty that he didn’t realise she had a boyfriend and Kane replied “She doesn’t, she’s got a husband”.

Forgotten how cute Max and Emma were. It’s a shame she had to cop of with Henry though. I remembered how much he and Max hated each other to start off with and then they became good mates.

The way Jade went of the rails for me seemed out of character. Watching it this time around I still wasn’t entirely convinced. It did annoy me when she was trying to tell Kirsty how she felt and Kirsty was acting like Jade was being a nuisance and seemed to have very little patience for her. To me it showed a lack of sensitivity and to think of all the times when Jade had to cover for her and Kirsty went on and on about her problems. I thought that was a bit selfish.

I still found it funny when Duncan the badboy was acting like an idiot. He was entirely to blame for that whole mess. As always Morag pretty much thought the sun shined out of his backside. And I liked the bickering between her and Alf and that Seb saw him for what he was. It was obvious there was some residual jealousy about Jade.

I wasn’t really sure how I felt about Rhys and Kane working together to pursue Duncan, Jade and Seb. I did like his little chat with Max when he did the inevitable thing of dealing with him throwing up after drinking and that he wouldn’t punish him because he felt he was already suffering the after effects of the alcohol.

After that I was still left wondering how

- Duncan escaped from the car

- Seb survived

- Jade survived (eventually)

I thought Kirsty came across a lot better in the second episode. It was good to see a genuine reaction and her being distraught at Jade’s disappearance and the possibility that she could be dead.

Again it was funny watching Morag find just about any excuse to defend Duncan. Even when she was prepared to accept he was in the wrong she still put the emphasis of blame on herself rather than fully accepting he was responsible for his own actions.

In one of the rare occasions, Leah came across as quite selfish. My memory was very vague at the time but it felt as though she wanted to come clean to clear her conscience as opposed the doing the right thing by Jesse and Sally. I could totally see Flynn’s reasoning too.

Good to see Shelly and Don there for Jade and Seb. I mentioned above that was part of Jade’s exit storyline but it was also used to write Seb out of the show. Again I thought rather than doing the whole Kirsty/Laura twin saga, I would have preferred if Jade had gradually made things up with Shelly (rebuilt their relationship) and simply decided to go back to the city to live with her. Thing is even though she moved in with Kit (who made visits to the bay on a fairly frequent basis) after she popped up to see Kirsty in hospital we never heard from her again. And although Fisher came back a couple of years ago I don’t believe we found out what happened with their relationship, although from my understanding Seb can walk now.

Archived