Girl sues over 'nightmare facial tattoos

Guest matticus01

A Belgian teenager has been left with 56 stars inked on her face after allegedly falling asleep in a tattoo artist's chair.

Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, claims her father paid for her to receive three stars near her left eye.

But the teen says she fell asleep while her dad ate ice cream outside, before awakening to discover half her face covered in 56 black stars.

"My father wanted to pay because in our family everyone has a tattoo," the Telegraph reported Ms Vlaminck as saying.

"When he started to tattoo me, I did not feel pain and I fell asleep. I awoke as he tattooed me on the nose and I saw what he had done.

"I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed … I just look ugly, a freak, mutilated."

The family is seeking $18,400 in damages to pay for laser removal of the "nightmare" inking.

But Rouslan Toumaniantz, who operates The Tattoo Box in the southeast city of Courtrai, claims he was only fulfilling his client's wishes and is demanding payment of $87 for the work.

"She was awake all the time," he said.

"I did not hypnotise or dope her, as they say — it was with agreement.

"No way could I have tattooed so many stars on her face against her will."

The artist said there was only conflict once Ms Vlaminck's shocked father saw the full extent of the tattoos that his daughter had requested.

Link: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/826401/sl...attoo-nightmare

What are your thoughts on tattooing? have you got one, what would you do if this happened to you? :unsure:

I don't mind tattoos, they can look really nice, but I can't stand huge, gorey tattoos, and seriously, if someone did something like that to me I would make sure they paid for it.

I want a butterfly tattoo on my upper arm, and a pisces sign on my lower back (think that chick in Love Actually!)

I saw that on the news and it's also in all the newspapers over here.

I must say I find it very hard to believe she fell asleep. I have a few friends who have tattoos and they all said it hurt, at leats a little, that it would be impossible to fall asleep. Plus, wouldn't having a tattoo on your face hurt even more than on another part of your body? I don't know. :unsure:

One newspaper said she wanted all those stars but when her dad saw her face and got mad, she told him she fell asleep and the guy kept going. Tbh, I find it easier to believe that version.

Edit: I already expressed my thoughts on the subject in the Tattoos thread. :)

I don't know how she could fall asleep, but then, I don't know how someone could ever want to do that to themselves if they were awake for it. And I don't know how a tattoo person could ethically do that against someone's will. Or how a father could sit outside for that long without realising that something was up, because it would have taken ages.

None of it makes sense.

Anyway, I like tattoos, if they mean something, and are properly thought out. Otherwise I think it's pretty stupid to do it on a whim.

I have nothing against Tatoos provided they mean something.I don't have any but i want one or more someday.I find it almost impossible to believe she fell asleep.I think she's just decided she doesn't like it but can't afford to have it removed without suing.

What an idiot! as if u could sleep thru that!

my thoughts on tattoos: like piercings i think they're good if done in moderation. i have my nose pierced coz i wanted it done, but i think people with like a hundred piercings just look stupid. and then they get annoyed that people stare!

i don't have any tattoos, but i possibly might in the future, just something small and subtle that means something to me.

Archived