Twitter

Guest Nathan.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain Twitter to me i.e. does it take up a lot of time; do you get messages pop up on your computer whatever you are doing; why is it better than forums like BTTB; do you have to pay or download special programs?

I've read about it on the Twitter site but of course the information on there is all about how brilliant Twitter is and doesn't give me any idea about how a real busy person would use it. I'd rather ask people I know about it than fall for all their hype :unsure:

It doesn't take any time at all, there aren't any pop-ups, and you don't have to download or pay for anything. It's very different from a forum so i wouldnt make a comparison. If you know facebook or msn, the little tag line/status things? That's basically all that twitter is, you just type in soemthing random, or what you are doing, but you can also reply to eachother, altho tehre's a 160(?) Character limit. Simple, fast, efficient, addictive.

Thanks Cerise. I get the idea you like Twitter? :P

Does that mean you have to log on to the computer, go to the Twitter site and stay there waiting for messages? Or keep logging in and out when you can? I don't want to get into the 'messages via mobile phone' thing because I don't want Twitter knowing my phone number...!

Lol, it's pretty cool. I use it to follow celebrities usually, and it's really good to pass the time.

You basically go onto twitter.com, sign in and there's the new 'tweets' from the people you follow and there's a box where you can type your own 'tweet' and post it on your own profile. Styles are really limited on there and simple, so even if you dont have any experience with that kind of stuff, it should be easy enough to configure!

Does anybody know if some of the H&A actors have Twitter? I've seen a few but I have no idea if they are real or not. I've seen 2 for Charlotte Best so I thought I'd just ask.

I really doubt they are real. Twitter is not very popular in Australia or New Zealand - in fact, most people wouldn't have even heard of it.

I think I found Tessa James and Margot Robbie. I think.

Archived