Who Was You Favorite Pippa

Guest j.laur5

Likewise imagining Debra's Pippa with Tom is weird. lol.

I found it much easier to imagine them together probably because they have been in a picture together.

I will always prefer Vanessa's Pippa as I felt she had charisma about her and Vanessa made the character more grounded then Debra. And I admit I like blondes better.

There's no doubt in my mind that had roles been reversed and Debra played Pippa from the pilot from 1988-1990 and Vanessa played Pippa from 1990-onwards then Vanessa would have been more popular as they say she was more mummsy.

But to me the character still feels the same and they have the same traits that make the character likeable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always Debra for me. I almost see Vanessa as a totally different character, but Pippa has been consistently written for whichever way you look at it - especially the way she grieves, or initially fails to. Tom, Dale, Michael... and of course it rubbed off on Sally with Flynn.

Debra's Pippa defines Home and away for me. She epitomises everything which was best about Home And Away during its glory years. I love it when she returns. She IS Home and Away far more than Sally or Alf or any other character in in my opinion.

Just started watching the "Home and Away" retrospective, which features episodes from 1988, 1991, 1994, 1989 and so forth.

I've seen two Pippa's and enjoy them both.

Just watched "Home and Away," Episode 1, last night. It was over 90 minutes.

Archived